The 3 'C's' of life Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I never called her and she never called me. I saw her once, from a distance, in the Student Bookstore. I just turned and left.

The memory was fading; but never disappearing, no matter how much I tried to put it out of my mind. I was tired of being angry. It got me nowhere and made me feel worse. But, the deep... deep hurt lingered.

Night times in my bed. The bed where we gave ourselves to each other. The bed we made love in those last few days, were the worst times. The betrayal.

I wondered if I could ever let somebody back into my heart like that ever again. To that point of closeness. To that level of trust. To risk losing. To risk, having my heart broken again. To ever say those three words that were on the tip of my tongue; but, were never said... "I love you",

Maybe it's part of growing up; but, I think I became a 'harder' person. Not as trusting. More guarded. I looked at the world differently. The world was a cold and, at times, cruel place. With cold and cruel people.

Sometimes, 'Life just sucks' and there's nothing you can do about it; except to suck it up and Keep Moving Forward.