All Comments on 'The 70 Show'

by moleman2787

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguy6 months ago

Interesting tale - it reminds me of Richard Osman's books but with sex instead of murders? Thank you for posting it.

Bronco56Bronco566 months ago

Great story. Very interesting tale...5stars

InfosaugerInfosauger6 months ago

Great story, but missing an ending. What happened to Emma and Hugh? What about his children, did they ever find out what really happened?

servant111servant1116 months ago

71 and you sure hit a nerve here with h me! Outstanding job ale told with verve.

5 stars

Omegaman56Omegaman566 months ago

Another couple and my wife and I were out to dinner one night

The subject came up about cheating. I told my wife I wouldn’t divorce her for cheating on.

She asked me why,? she would divorced me

I said no, we go straight to an open relationship

She knows her best friend has the for me

She says hell no way I kill you first

MightyheartMightyheart6 months ago

A bit incomplete.

Theo shouldn't have agreed to the bullshit in the first place.

Once you have an open marriage, there can't be rules. That makes it look hypocritical.

Please mark change in perspectives. It sounds haphazard otherwise.

Otherwise good idea although their ages make it a bit unrealistic.

Cracker270Cracker2706 months ago

79 and this one hit a little close to home

demanderdemander6 months ago

Kinda quick to pickup a new main squeeze. And, he should absolutely tell his children what happened. Why give her a pass on that? D

Regguy69Regguy696 months ago

You covered a lot of the aging couple dynamics pretty well. I thought he was a bit hypocritical about Emma breaking his rules with Hugh when he broke several with Linda. The whole open marriage thing is usually just a pre-divorce device that allows two people to share household expenses until they meet someone to whom they can devote themselves.

The sad truth about aging is that many men and most women lose interest in sex and they settle into a comfortable companionship that works well for them. It's only a problem when one of them still has desires, but the other does not. Gray divorces are on the rise and sex is usually the cause.

Your punctuation needs some work, but it was a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I;ve heard that these things go on in retirement homes all of the time. Its like get it when you can because you never know when its the last time.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

4 pages too long

mndhanson017mndhanson0176 months ago

Well, we know those children of his got their mother's morals, no wonder they are divorced, Emma is going to have to live with that. Once again, only caring about herself, she has permanently destroyed the relationship her kids had with Theo, makes you wonder if they were really his, but he can be the new father figure for Linda's kids, so it works out for him. He found someone that would respect him, though, I wish we could have seen more in the aftermath on Emma's part.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. Too bad Hugh got off scot free for busting up a marriage, though. Steve could have used an assbeating too. Maybe a sequel?

60022Mallard60022Mallard6 months ago

You do not know what you have got until it is gone - in the words of the song.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It's a good story but the editing stinks. No indication of the switches between thought and speech, no indication of the switches between first and third person, no indication of the switches between one character speaking and another. Too many recaps, also... But it's still 4 stars, very enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The concept was interesting but the pacing was off throughout. With some good editing, this could have been a really good story.

HighBrowHighBrow6 months ago

I don’t usually stick around long after the female is introduced as geriatric, but this was wonderfully human and romantic Femdom agitprop. I loved it.

nixroxnixrox6 months ago

3 stars - it was too much of a reminder of the life I am currently living - maybe changing life partners at 70 is not such a bad idea.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That was very good. A so.id 4 ⭐️ effort. But a few things kept it from a 5 —

.

Biggest thing was the maddening change of POV with little or no indication. Made it very hard to follow the story.

.

WRT the plot itself, it was disappointing that the story did not provide the conversations Theo had with his kids…especially as it was said that he didn’t have that good a relationship with them. And given that, why the HELL would he fall on his sword for Emma?

.

Finally….Emma. What a stupid woman. The story gave every indication that Theo was a great guy…good looking…heathy and fit for his age. And still very much in love with Emma. So she loses interest in sex, and while it frustrates the crap out of him…he remains faithful and keeps trying. So when “not interested in sex anymore” Emma cheats….he feels betrayed….massively betrayed. And her solution was to start a fuck club?

.

Theo got lucky with Linda. Both dumped their spouses and maybe have a chance to enjoy their remaining 10-20 years. Emma is going to shrivel up and die……stupid woman.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Too messy with constant switches of point of view.

silentsoundsilentsound6 months ago

Not bad. Would have liked more follow up I guess.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Who is telling the story? Is it him, or her, or a third person? Too confusing and definitely unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I don't understand what hypocrisy and violation of the rules on the part of These are the previous commentators talking about?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gave it a generous 3. Pure rubbish after page 1. Theo should have given her divorce papers when he first found out.

GamblnluckGamblnluck6 months ago

The story was great. The changing of scene and who was talking was a little hard to to follow at times. That could have been written better. Still gave you a 5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

The first part was very well structure and plausible, but then the plot lines started to unwind. The convoluted "escort service" plot line was ill conceived and added nothing to the overall storyline. 3.6*

jflindersjflinders6 months ago

1. The frequent changes in who was narrating without any division was annoying, though at least it wasn't hard to figure out.

2. Why on earth did he give the cheating !#(*@? the house?????

3. In all the circumstances things should have been cut and dried as soon as he found out, no delaying and extending the story with actions and sometimes thoughts that didn't make any sense.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker6 months ago

And to think I read the whole thing. 3 stars, the Bear didn't care for it much. Married four years, or 45 years, it doesn't seem to make a difference. She fucked up. Sorry, my opinion.

The BEAR

FeltfixerFeltfixer6 months ago

I gave it 5 stars but didn't like the ending.

Not enough acrimony between Theo and Emma. She obviously decided on the ‘escort’ plan just so she could have more meetings with Hugh.

Also at the beginning she came across as a woman with no desire for sex at all then turns into the community tramp.

Mostly though the ending didn’t satisfy me.

Good story though.

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripants6 months ago

Man you need to learn to rein in a conversation. It was so hard to follow the rambling.

Frank66Frank666 months ago

Loved it all the way thru- very unique and interesting. Many parts strained credibility, but it's fiction. More, please.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I was also confused often be the abrupt shifts between third and first person, as well as the spotty use of quotation marks that should mark the transition from dialogue to narration (whether first person or third person.

Beyond this, I struggled a bit with the premise; suppose it could happen, but doesn’t seem (to me) very likely. But, in any case, it went on too long. There’s nothing wrong with a long story, but there has to be enough action or character development to justify the length. I felt like half of the story was her saying, “Oh I’m so sorry. I don’t know why I did it. I want to make it up to you.“ After a while, we were just marking time.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Honest tip; find your perspective and stick with it. The sudden, inexplicable shifts between first and third person, and even present and past tenses made this entire thing incredibly jarring to read.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I don't know, seems like a long story about an uninteresting topic. I couldn't get past page one.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor636 months ago

Great story. Loved the idea. Emma was a spoiled, entitled bitch. She would not have sex with he husband but she would use her toys all the time to get off. So it was not sex she did not like but her husband. Oh well she got what she wanted, it just did not turn out the way she wanted.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine6 months ago

One of the rules Steve set up was: “ First, we never do it, do anything, in our house and especially not in our bed. Period!”. So if everyone in the community escort service followed the same rules, there would be no extramarital sex in anyone’s house. They’d all have to get hotel rooms.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good plot idea, but the delivery just didn’t flow right. I think it was the endless repetition and superfluous dialogue. It was probably a 6K-7K word story instead of the 13K-14K that it was. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hey, at least Someone was giving her the kind of sex she wanted. The stupid cuck should be grateful she released him to end his days with a better, and younger, woman. Besides, if he doesn't have the strength and confidence to tell his children the truth then what kind of man is he, and what kind of kids did he raise if they can't handle the truth? Overall a good and I suspect realistic tale.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

good until the escort crap started.

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
No

Freaking way this would happen good thing its just a fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very confusing. I gave up on page 3.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I get it, after 45 years you just don’t throw things away or make rash decisions like when you are young. You don’t move as fast or think as fast and there is usually more pain that you have to take into account. He did the right thing in giving her enough rope to hang herself as well as make her think about what she did to her husband and her comfortable, safe life. Now she will have this on her mind daily and even more so when she found out (by her husband telling her) that her hot boyfriend Hugh wasn’t long term and definitely wasn’t going to take care of her if her health somehow failed.she thought she was old and ugly before, now with her husband and lover bailing on her, she is going to be taking long hard looks at herself constantly and not like what she sees. The only part I dislike is his the man is always the asshole and the woman is always the victim. It doesn’t matter if the children are 5 years old or 50, they always go to mother to get what they think is the true narrative because the mother would never ie or turn the children against their father. Pffffffffft!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion6 months ago

Very hard to follow the conversation portions. Frankly I couldn't even follow the "rules". Because of that, I only gave it 3-stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry, but the constant changing points of view was hard to follow. Theo not dumping her immediately AND giving her the house is ridiculous, but not nearly as bad as Emma having no interest in sex, then turning into a slut was even more unrealistic and ridiculous. You have to make the characters actions at least somewhat believable. They weren't for EITHER character. Gave a 2 because of that. Your writing DOES have potential, so don't give up, if you fix your mistakes you're stories can be pretty good actually.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just too messy to finish.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

She promised him. She got a second chance. It's so rare. I'm not sure he would have been true to the second chance, because of how poorly she handled getting caught. But she completely blew up her second chance. She got spoiled and entitled. "I deserve this, and I don't care who gets hurt." That was her attitude. "He'll never leave me, I can get infinite second chances."

With that attitude, divorce is literally the only option. That or serious bodily/emotional harm. And we don't do that to people we loved. He gave her some rope and she tied it around her neck and jumped. What's truly sad and pathetic is she had a rare second chance.

mattenwmattenw6 months ago

Age does not protect against stupidity! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed reading this very much. I had zero problems following it. The concept of the neighborhood friends and church members sex thing was,,, well I could easily see how all the women found out about the wife sneaking over to the lovers house. The neighbor across the street, the doorbell camera. CCTV is everywhere. Kind of hard to hide your actions in a community like that. All the women talking with each other and then their husbands, totally reasonable. The "escort" thing? Maybe. Possible, I guess. Everything else, I could actually see happening. I have known people like this. The lonely, abused, neglected wife married to a shitty lover and finally finding a wonderful lover who would treat her with kindness an respect and treat her lovingly,,, I have known several women like that. Divorcing a woman after 45 years for one mistake? No, but she kinda sealed her fate. She KNEW what would happen if she took a man to her marriage bed. Knew what would happen if she kept lying to her husband and continued seeing the other man. She knew, before she did it, that her husband would not forgive her. The story ended correctly. Thank you for such a wonderful and insightful story.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

5 big stars from Xluckylee for a great story. I felt like this story was more realistic than most people would like to admit. When we age things change.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Several things always bug me about stories like this, but they can mainly be distilled down to two problems. First, everything always fits way too neatly. Second, there's always a very convenient woman who's been lusting after the husband for years, just waiting to snap him up.

I suppose a third would be the overall lack of emotion in all parties involved, but I imagine that's usually because of the writer's fault rather than an actual lack of emotion on the fictional character's part.

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

FANTASTIC STORY!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with the anon from two days ago. The woman waiting in the wings, whether it's someone that's carried the torch for the MC for years, or the lothario's spouse is old and tired, and WAY beyond cliche, yet LW authors use it over and over again. Yes, we're all aware that there's a finite number of discovery methods for the cheating, a finite number of ways to react, etc but that doesn't mean that everyone wants to see the same two or three in every damned story, especially when they're unrealistic, and quite frankly cheesy like the woman waiting in the wings examples I gave. Most of you are better than this.

Rayjag1980Rayjag19805 months ago

BS story. Another Martian slut ray attack. Too many inconsistencies. She was dry down there, wanted to live basically in platonic relationship with her husband of 45 yrs. Suddenly she can't get enough sex with other men?

No realism in story. Stupid storyline. No background as to why in just a week she agreed to antagonist's proposal of sex. 2 stars.

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

You can be a whore at 70. It does not make

Undesirable. Wrinkly old cunt, hanging to her knees, you think it’s a compliment because a guy will fuck you?

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler5 months ago

FIVE STARS! Wonderful and unique story of the older people and what life might be like “if only.”

Thanks. I am one of those old people.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

4 stars. Would have been 5 if the author didn't decide that at least SOME cuckiness is in order and for some dumbfuck mentally retarded reason made him tell the kids it was his fault instead of the truth. That made zero sense and was idiotic AND WRONG.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Seventies, no wonder I am enjoying life so much. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stupid, stupid, stupid! His wife feels old, ugly and has no desire for sex. Then bingo all of a sudden she can't get enough and wants to be the town slut. Then her husband of 45 years throws her to the curb and takes off with a neighbor he barely knows. What a ridiculous and total bullshit story. It was somewhat humorous so I gave it 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Terrible ending. No reason not to tell the truth. MC was so hung up on loyalty. and honesty throughout but then doesn't tell his kids what really happened. Awful. He doesn't need to be vindictive toward the cheating skank slut, but he sure should be honest about what actually happened. And the cunt is just going to let the kids believe their dad is a selfish ass? So many things wrong with this picture.

ker63469ker6346918 days ago

Why not tell his kids the truth? Let them know their mother started this train wreck

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous