All Comments on 'The Abduction of Angelina Manzoni'

by Bazzza

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
lancewmlancewmalmost 18 years ago
Is there something in this story

Something worth remembering

J G ParkesJ G Parkesalmost 18 years ago
School of Realism

Um. Gritty and downbeat. Martin Scorsese territory. I appreciated the lack of response by Angelina to her sexual humiliation and rape. All too often the women end up by enjoying the experience.

LustHoseLustHosealmost 18 years ago
By far, more realism than the typical submission..

Very dark subject and well told.

The basis of the kidnapping was to force the father to repatriate what was taken (drugs) from the kidnappers. When you "damage" or degrade in ANY way the daughter you take the transaction and make it personal with attendant negative consequences. I guess Mickey found out.

The so-called Stockholm Syndrome, where the hostage/abductee begins to have positive feelings for their captors, is not universal. Sexual acts in this context is an act of aggression or control. Taking liberties with a hostage, especially one taken for a business dispute is generally NOT advisable. Any indulgence which tends to "humanize" either the captive or the captor is generally a bad idea. Mickey fucked up BIG time.

The only enhancement to Angelina's retribution I might have included would the administration of aspirin, which has the tendency to thin the blood and makes it difficult to stop bleeding. She might have "appeared" to be concerned with easing Mickey's discomfort from the prior beating from her father's henchmen. She could have had some in her purse, given it to the victim in some water and given him some time to let the drug work. Then, she could have performed the urological procedure....the bullet was too merciful, let the rapist bleed to death.

Rather than think Scorsese, I think in terms of Tarantino.

A good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A nightmarish treatment of the subject

This tests the boundaries of erotic fantasy and a nightmare.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
i dont think Lit readers are ready

for some of the scenes in this story. but you captured the darkness that ppl have in their hearts. we sometimes dont know what we really are capable of.

this is not just a sex fantasy anymore. but i bet their are alot of rape victims who had( and would) fantasize about doing what angelina did to her tormentor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A different kind of story

I so wanted Angelina to have a happy ending but I suppose eventually she did.

Its not often you read this kind of story on here, I was also pleased you didn't make her enjoy the rape and brutality she endured. It was a little sad but so well worth the read. Well done.

Mirriam - UK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Just Great

A rare believable story with a credible ending. Not too long. Tough but good. Congratulations

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Disturbing, but..

Powerful story. Disturbing, but so believable. Very engaging. I still think that a bullet for the rapist was too good for him. They should have cauterized him and let him live the rest of his life as less of a man, mourning his manhood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
sorta depressing

gloomy tale

ucleeboucleeboover 13 years ago
True Victim

Angelina was a true victim here, destroyed by yielding to the way of life she had previously rejected and by her own vengence. This tale was well written and thoroughly believable; those turned off by the way Angelina's story ends are turned off because they don't want to read about life the way it frequently is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Very good writing. Everything and everybody in it was written with absolute realism. I couldn't give it many stars simply because I much prefer a happy ending; or should I say, a happier ending.

I have depression, and even though there has never been anything so extreme in my life, I have contemplated ending my life. I like that you took a realistic approach to this facet of the story. However, a part of me, the part that always wants a "they lived happily-ever-after", does sort of wish it could have been written with the

anti-depressants having helped her. Since they often do help. Me still being here is one example of them doing what they are supposed to do.

However, I believe the story would not be so good, so compelling if it had ended differently. I believe I will keep an eye out for more of your stories and see if you can write a little happier story as well as you have this one.

Thank you and please keep writing!

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Well written story

Sad ending for a good girl.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous