The Adventures of Kathy Pt. 06

Story Info
Kathy's position changes at the ranch.
3.5k words
4.87
3.4k
2

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/29/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been five weeks since Kathy and Wade had first made love. Every Friday night Dedee would pick up Kathy in the Trans Am and they all would meet up at the 8 Seconds bar. At the end of the night if Dedee didn't plan to go to the ranch then Kathy would ride with Catori.

Kathy always remained in Catori's room at night and helped in the stable or rode horses with Catori while Wade worked Saturday. On Sundays Kathy and Wade would ride horses together and Kathy had learned her way around the ranch as if she lived there.

They often rode to a secluded pond and fished, or sometimes to picnic. She had quickly become quite comfortable on horseback and often wondered if it would be possible to make love on a horse riding bareback.

Sunday nights had become quite the night of passion when Wade drove her home and always spent the night. She was growing more accustomed to his size but foreplay was still required. Budget cuts at the library cut her hours and income; she now was getting birth control pills from the local health department. Other than her job situation Kathy felt like she was on top of the world.

Wednesday morning Kathy was off of work and wanted to see her cowboy, even if it was just to share a lunch. She arrived at the local BBQ stand and ordered two pulled pork sandwiches to go. She had also brought a small cooler with ice, root beers, and bottled water. Also, one Bud light in case he wanted that with his lunch. She kept remembering the story dating back to turpentine mills and the ladies bringing lunch on Wednesday as Dedee had told her.

Her BMW seemed out of place as she pulled into the ranch parking near the house. Pops came out and saw her and seemed bewildered at her car since she had never driven it to the ranch.

"Is that yours?' he asked.

"Yes Sir, a graduation present from my father," Kathy replied.

"I brought Wade lunch, shall I wait on the porch or at the stable?" she asked.

Mr. Rutherford just smiled and pointed as Wade and the crew came riding up.

He replied, "I reckon ya'll could go around back to my office if you want to sit outside but stay out of my liquor this early in the day."

Wade saw her and handed off his reins to Leroy and started walking to the house to greet her. Kathy nodded with her head for him to follow and started walking around back with the cooler and to-go bag in hand. Wade caught up quickly and grabbed the cooler as he leaned in for a kiss.

"What are you doing out this way midweek?" He asked.

"It's Wednesday, and you said you wanted to see me one Wednesday, so I brought lunch," Kathy replied.

Wade started slow, "Yeah, about that, it's an old tradition...."

Kathy cut him off saying she knew where it came from, and she wasn't here for his paycheck.

"Hell, you can have that if ya want, I just want to make sure that you know the Wednesday thing is a sign of long-term commitment around here," he followed.

Kathy had placed the food on the wooden spool under the tiki roof Mr. Rutherford called his office. She turned and wrapped her arms around Wade's neck and pulled him in for a longer wetter kiss.

"Ok, I'm here to do whatever it takes to show commitment Cowboy, I've given you my body freely, and my heart just leaped without any control," she told him in her softest tone.

"You have given me my deepest desires Darlin', but you still haven't given me your full name," Wade spoke back just as soft.

Kathy had avoided revealing her full name again by opening the bag and handing him his sandwich. She had leaked enough info about her family to give ideas but still wasn't ready for everyone to know how ruthless her father was. He was the kind of man that would buy that ranch and build condos and townhomes around a golf course and never look back.

As they ate lunch Wade explained he would be leaving town Friday morning and would be gone about a week, but would try as hard as he could to be back before the following weekend. He and three ranch hands were going to Texas to get two trailer loads of cattle. Kathy realized it would be her first weekend without him since the start.

After Kathy was driving back to town and Wade was back in the saddle Mr. Rutherford dialed the phone.

"Hey Sheriff, I need some information. I have a tag number and would like to know who drives the car if you don't mind," he spoke into the phone.

His old friend, the sheriff, informed him it was registered to Blackwell Investments & Holdings, a Land Barron company that was a nationwide investment banker and land developer.

Kathy spent Friday afternoon pulling weeds around her place, then fixed herself a bowl of soup with half a sandwich. "Now what?", she asked herself. She thought to herself might as well take a shower and catch up on some reading. The hot water felt good on her body and then decided to adjust the showerhead to the massage setting.

The hand-held shower head delivered high pressure pulsating relief to her aching muscles. She closed her eyes and let her mind wander, her thoughts always on Wade. The pulsating jets on her clit soon brought upon other relief.

As she had no plans on leaving the house for the night, she just slipped on a cozy robe and snuggled into a big comfy recliner. As she turning the third-page Dedee came skipping through the door.

"You can't go to the bar dressed like that!" snapped Dedee.

Kathy informed her that she did not feel like drinking. '

"So, what are you going to do? Waste a Friday night sipping your herbal tea & petting a cat?" Dedee scolded her.

A bit annoyed at that statement made her snap back, "I don't have a fucking cat."

She went to her closet and grabbed the first dress she saw. She really didn't care what it was, since she wouldn't be seeing her cowboy tonight. The little bar was busy with ranch hands trying to drink their hard week off. The testosterone levels were pretty high as she witnessed two brawls break out. But she felt safe there knowing Leroy would stop any trouble and most of the locals had come to know her.

Catori offered her a ride at closing time, to which she was surprised, knowing that Wade was gone. She was still invited out to the ranch, and the ranch made her feel nearer to him. So she climbed into Catori's truck. Catori was glad she was more sober than normal and spent the entire ride back to the ranch talking about her horse Lightning Bolt. She explained the horse had not eaten in two days and she was worried.

Dedee followed them to the ranch and headed straight in upon arrival. Catori told Kathy to head on in and she would be up as soon as she checked on Lightning Bolt. Upstairs both girls stripped and showered and turned in before Catori came up. Cathy feel asleep as soon as she laid down.

Just before sunrise, Kathy woke to Dedee's loud voice.

"No, just wait for the vet" she begged.

Catori had a pistol in her hand and said "No, I can't let her suffer anymore, she can't breathe", as she walked out the door.

Kathy jumped out of bed yelling, "Wait, I might can help!" as she pulled on her panties and grabbed the closest shirt running after Catori.

Kathy ran to the stable barefoot clad only in panties and still trying to button the shirt.

Catori was standing over her horse Lightning Bolt with tears in her eyes.

"Give me a damn minute" Kathy shouted.

"She's gasping, she's dying, and I can't just watch anymore," Catori cried.

Kathy put her ears to the horse's chest, then started feeling up and down her neck. She then slides her arms under the neck while she was whispering to the horse.

"It's either a swollen gland or cyst, we need to roll her over," Kathy said as she grabbed the front legs of the horse and pointed for Catori to grab the rear. They tried with all their strength but could not roll the horse. Kathy grabbed the pistol to make sure Catori didn't use it and ran for the bunkhouse.

As she entered the bunkhouse she screamed like a Drill Sergeant, "I have a horse down in the stable and we need help. I need two strong men out there now to help roll that horse."

Leroy looked at two of the guys and pointed to the door. They yanked on pants over their boxers and ran toward the stable.

Kathy was still being loud as she yelled, "I need an electric beard trimmer and a razor blade, and alcohol if there is any here."

Leroy spoke up, "I have actual electric shears and a medical bag in the office in the stable." pointing back out where it would be.

"Good, get it fast" she yelled and ran back to Lightning Bolt still swinging the pistol in her hand.

The guys had Lightning Bolt rolled over and she dropped back to her hands and knees to inspect the knot she had felt in her neck. Her sheer panties were showing the guys all she had as the shirt rode up her back. She paid no attention nor did she care at that time.

Leroy dropped a dusty black medical bag beside her and told one of the guys to get an extension cord as he unwound the short cord from the sheers. Kathy had been running her fingers through the hair at the huge lump and telling Lightning Bolt she was going to be ok.

"I believe there is tranquilizer and lidocaine in that bag," Leroy told her.

"Don't have time for lidocaine to work and pulse rate is too low for a tranquilizer" Kathy answered as she started shaving the area with the shears.

"What are you going to do then?" asked Catori.

"Old school trick, run in the house and get me all the alcohol and peroxide you can find," Kathy said as she kept rubbing for the right spot on the cyst.

Catori ran for the house as instructed.

"Stop her before she gets here if she comes running back," Kathy said looking at Leroy, "She can't watch this."

Kathy pulled a scalpel from the bag and quickly and precisely made a one-inch slice in the spot she had picked just off center of the cyst. Lightning Bolt made a loud whinnying sound and tried to kick but she had no fight left.

Kathy put two fingers on each side of the slit to pull it open and it spewed smelly puss and blood across her face and chest. She wiped at her face with a sleeve and opened the hole again as she massaged more puss towards the hole.

Catori came running from the house with five bottles in hand. Kathy looked at Leroy and he went to meet her halfway.

"I need a hand towel soaked in water, as hot as you can get it" Kathy yelled towards Catori as she handed off the bottles she had gathered to Leroy and ran back to the house. Kathy continued massaging the puss from the cyst through the open hole until Catori returned with the hot towel. With an approving nod from Kathy, Leroy allowed her back into the stable.

Kathy didn't turn to look as a white pick-up pulled up to the stable. Her mind was focused on Lightning Bolt and watching her breathing grow stronger. She held the hot towel over the area and continued to work it more as the ooze slowed. Catori had tears streaming down her face of happiness as she saw the horse growing more stable.

"I thought I was the Veterinarian around here," came a voice from the small audience that had gathered.

"I've been calling since 2 am," Catori told him.

"I saw the missed calls and came running as fast as I could, you didn't answer when I called back either, now what happened here?" asked the elderly man.

"A congenital cyst was causing an esophageal blockage so I had to drain it, but I have no antibiotics, nothing for the pain nor a way to suture it," Kathy told the vet.

Mr. Rutherford stepped through the group asking," Could someone get the girl some clothes?"

Leroy yanked off his T-shirt and handed it to her. Kathy pulled it over her head and it fell almost to her knees like a dress.

"Well rub some of this on there to start with to make her feel better, then there is a suture kit in the bag if you know how to use it," the vet told Kathy.

After Kathy had the wound closed she looked at Catori and said, "Let's get her up."

After a few minutes of coaxing and with a loud whinny Lightning Bolt was on her feet.

KABOOM was the crashing sound from the other end of the stable. They all jumped and the unkempt wild acting Arabian stepped out of his stall, reared up and started towards them.

"Shoot that son of a bitch" Timbo shouted as he started to reach for the pistol on the ground at Kathy's feet.

"NO!" shouted Kathy as she placed her foot on the pistol.

"Everybody just back up, he is just checking on his girlfriend," she said firmly but in a lower voice.

"That horse is dangerous Kathy" Mr. Rutherford warned Kathy.

"Yeah, that's what they say," Kathy said in return.

She talked to the unnamed colt in a soothing voice as she readied a shot of antibiotics for Lightning Bolt. The shot went smooth without a complaint as the two horses looked at each other and the rest of the people remained silent.

"Catori, open her stall," Kathy asked.

"I'm not going near him" Catori answered coldly.

"Switch sides, let me walk past him and you guide her," Kathy spoke with a confidence that surprised everybody.

Reluctantly Catori walked beside her horse keeping Lightning Bolt and Kathy between herself and the Colt. Kathy maintained her soft voice explaining they were just putting her back in her stable and everything was going to be ok. The Colt turned and followed.

Catori opened the stall door and Lightning Bolt stepped right in, as Catori stayed outside the gate. Kathy walked in with the Filly and so did the wild Arabian colt.

"Get me the Iodine from the Docs bag," Kathy asked of Catori while pulling the gate shut with her inside.

"Get out of that pen," Leroy said.

"I will when I'm done," Kathy said with no give in her voice.

Catori handed her the Iodine and Kathy applied it to the stitched area while still talking to the colt. Then she stopped mending the filly and turned to the colt placing her hand towards him as everyone watched in fear the horse stepped towards Kathy.

She rubbed his neck as he sniffed the filly and continued to talk to him in the same voice.

"Give me a brush and a curry comb" she whispered to Catori. For the next twenty minutes, she groomed his tangled mane and rubbed on his neck and shoulders. When she stepped from the stall and closed the gate the entire crew released their breath thankful she was unhurt.

"Go get cleaned up and get some clothes on, then we need to talk," Mr. Rutherford said to Kathy.

"Can I get his stall cleaned and fresh hay first?" she pleaded.

"Go, we got that stall covered," Leroy said as he pointed the guys towards it.

Kathy picked the revolver up from the ground where she sat it going into the stall and looked it over for the first time. She looked at both sides rolling it from hand to hand admiring it like it was a fine piece of jewelry.

"You just point it and pull the trigger, right?" she asked Catori.

Astonished Catori responded, "You've never shot a gun?"

"Not yet, but I gotta get myself one of these, men really listen when you start waving it around, huh?" Kathy said handing it back to Catori as she headed to the house.

"Your new stable hand sure is a firecracker," the vet said to Mr. Rutherford.

"She doesn't work for me, or at least not yet Hoss. Let's get some coffee and figure out how to change that, " Mr. Rutherford said leading the way to the house.

As Kathy showered she thought of the tone in Pop's voice as he said, "We have to talk." She was trying to form a relationship with his son, and she had already been caught in the act in the bunkhouse, and now had been seen half-naked by the whole ranch and cut on a horse without even discussing it with him while waving a gun. She had fear in her heart and was ready to try and defend her actions as she sat at the table with Pops and the vet for coffee.

"What exactly were you thinking this morning," asked Pops in a firm but kind voice.

"Lightning Bolt couldn't breathe, Catori couldn't get ahold of the vet, and I knew I could save the horse," Kathy replied quietly.

"Where did you learn what you were doing?" the vet asked her.

"I did four years at the University of Florida received my DVM and graduated top of the class specializing in equine and cattle, mostly just livestock in general," she answered.

"I also did one year each of biology, chemistry, zoology, and animal husbandry, " she continued.

"Impressive credentials" the vet replied.

"Except she now works three days a week at the library sorting books for minimum wage and lives in an apartment in town paid for by her ex's family while driving an import car that belongs to her Dad," pops stated in a questioning voice.

"I'm just playing the cards I was dealt for now, and it's not my fault or work ethic that cut my hours, I really want at least a forty-hour week" she replied defensively.

"So you do want to continue into the field of animal health then?" asked the vet.

"With all my heart, but I need two thousand hours of internship in the field to get board-certified to get my own license, and I can't stand cats at the local shelter," she told him.

"Two thousand hours means about 40 hours a week for a year, and I'm only working two days a week and plan to retire next spring," the vet said to Pops.

"Could she fill in the other hours working here under your name on my dime?," asked Pops.

"Humm, I don't see why that wouldn't work," replied the vet.

Mr. Rutherford turned to address Kathy saying, "I know you're seeing my son and this won't be a free ride, you have to work for it. What I'm offering includes room and board in the room next to Catori, $400 a week to start, when you're not with Hoss, then you will be assisting Catori in the stables to complete the hours. If I see you can successfully impregnate my heffers and deliver calves I will move you to $500 a week. That little office in the stable will be yours and it will need cleaning because it hasn't been used in twenty years. The medical bag was my wife's but she would want you to have it. Are you interested?"

Kathy had tears of joy running down her face as she blurted out "YES, I will do whatever it takes, thank you so much."

"I have enough stuff in my truck to restock the office and the bag, but she's is gonna have to wear something different than what she was this morning to work with me," Hoss told them both.

"Catori" pops said in a louder voice.

Catori emerged from listening around the corner in the kitchen saying, "Yes sir?"

"Why don't you take Kathy down to the flea market today to see that little oriental woman and get her a dozen or so sets of scrubs, and whatever else she may need. I would rather have extra than not enough. If you want you could go by her apartment and help her start packing too." Pops said with a smile.

"You just hired a lot of talent for pennies on the dollar," Hoss told Pops after the girls left.

"Yep, that makes it very easy to under-promise and over-deliver," said Pops.

"Then one day maybe I can explain to my grandson how I hired his Mom for $400 a week to keep her from leaving this area to chase her dream," Pops finished.