The Amazing Randy Meets His Match

Story Info
Randy gets a big surprise in the middle of a show.
11.8k words
4.73
11.3k
8

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 03/14/2022
Created 11/26/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dutchboy51
Dutchboy51
265 Followers

To the reader: It's been a while, but The Amazing Randy is back. When you are done reading, may I suggest that if you want to learn more about The World's Greatest Stage Hypnotist, you find "The True Professional" here on Literotica. It was my first story about Randy, but there are ten or so stories which feature the character, and the women he meets, all of them on this site.

This is a long story, forty pages of text, but it's about a single evening's encounter.

Like most, if not all, of Literotica's other writers, my muse feeds on feedback from you guys, the readers. Please, take a moment to pen a few sentences of your own in response when you're done. I welcome positive and negative criticism equally. Before I sat down to write this story, I went back to re-read what few comments my readers have returned. One of them was the inspiration for the plot in this story.

"The Amazing Randy Meets His Match"

The house lights lowered, signaling that the intermission was coming to a close and that the second act of the hypnotism show was about to begin. The opening PG-rated half of the act had been well-received by the audience, but it was the second R-rated half of the show that people had really come to see. Many had seen the show before, some that very same week there at "The Busted Mike," the largest comedy club in Indianapolis. Others had seen the show in previous years at "The Mike," which was completely sold-out for the entire week, and had been for a while. There were lots of "repeaters."

"The Amazing Randy," the club's headliner, was easily the most popular act ever to have appeared at "The Mike." His SRO crowds frequently outdrew nationally known stand-up comedians who also played the club on their comedy club tours.

The stage lights came up and folks prepared to be amazed. They would not be disappointed. Banter turned to near silence as the sound of clinking ice-filled glasses took the fore.

Randy Baumgardner was billed as "The World's Greatest Stage Hypnotist," and he was. His act was original, funny and truly "amazing." It ought to have been, because Randy had spent more than twenty years in the business, honing his act to razor sharpness. When he was under the lights he was in total control of events. He selected the participants; he set up the jokes with the practiced hand of a master at his craft; and then he delivered the punch lines at just the right time to maximize the laughs. Nobody ever left Randy's show disappointed.

Like in all stage acts of this type, the mentalist shows, magic shows, and other stage hypnotist shows, the audience at Randy's shows was missing the trick to the act. Randy, who, had learned the art of misdirection from his parents, old time "carnies" themselves, used misdirection in his act, but only slightly. He didn't have to trick his audiences. He was completely legit. His subjects were actually hypnotized on stage, so much so that he could make them do anything he wanted them to do, needing only a momentary skin-to-skin touch to establish his control over their mind and behavior. Once he extended his hand to his "contestants," as he called his on-stage subjects, and they took it, he was in control of everything they did or said.

His was a genuine "superpower" and nothing less, but it was both a gift and a curse. He had understood immediately that if anyone ever knew he had such a remarkable gift and the extent to which his hypnotic power actually extended, then his life, a life he enjoyed very much, would be over. He was content to work the club circuit comfortably doing his act and retaining some sort of normalcy for his allotted "three score and ten." Randy was happy.

As the spotlight left the club owner, who re-introduced The Amazing Randy, it found the hypnotist, clad in his stage tuxedo. The Amazing Randy emerged stage right, took the microphone off its stand and asked the audience "Is anybody out there feeling a little naughty tonight? Let's see a show of hands. Who wants to be our next contestant?"

Hands shot up from every corner of the room. Patrons of both sexes shouted "I do. I do!" in unison as they stood up at their seats.

Randy chuckled out loud into the microphone. "So much for the myth of shy, retiring Midwesterners, huh? How about we put that one to bed permanently, folks? I can sense that this room is filled to capacity with naughtiness just waiting to be set free. Well." he continued after a theatrical pause, "Jimmy, let's get that follow spot working and get a look at all these naughty Hoosiers."

For the next ten minutes, Randy worked the crowd for laughs. Jimmy would pick out people who were tall or short, fat or skinny, attractive or not so attractive and give them their minute in the spotlight while Randy delivered racy jokes like he was spraying the room with machine gun fire. Everyone was having a good time. Eventually, Jimmy found the real target of the talent search portion of the show, a short, but obviously stacked, dark-skinned woman in a black dress, and lit her up for all to see. Big-titted 'contestants' were always a crowd favorite and Randy had reams of material ready at hand.

Randy spoke. "Whoa, whoa, there Jimmy; slow down. We may have something here. What do you say folks? Do you want to find out just how naughty this cute little thing can be? Have we found our contestant?" The crowd roared its approval. "Miss, would you like to come up to the front of the stage and be just a little bit naughty for us?"

The young woman jumped up and down, clapped her hands and made for the front of the stage. Jimmy had chosen well. She deftly darted between tables to get to the stage via a small staircase on the left. Randy waited at the top of the stage and extended his hand to his guest just as he had done literally thousands of times in the past.

The World's Greatest Stage Hypnotist prepared to assume control of her thoughts. He leaned in off-mike and whispered into her ear as he delicately took her hand to assert his control. "You will do whatever I ..." Randy stopped in mid-sentence as he realized that his connection to her thoughts, a connection which had never failed him before, was not there.

Smiling, the woman held his hand fast and stood on her tiptoes to return the whisper. "No, I will not, Randy, but I will be at the bar after the show, if you'd like to talk. Tell the audience that I've changed my mind and choose another subject. I'll cooperate. You have nothing to fear from me."

It took all of his years of experience and training to disengage and turn to the audience to announce "Folks, it seems that our contestant has changed her mind. She no longer wishes to participate. As you all know, hypnotism does not work on the unwilling," he lied. "Please excuse us while we re-open the search. Give her a hand, folks." He raised her hand up and induced her to twirl once, giving the hooting audience a better chance to see what they were going to be missing. "Thank you madame," he said, improvising. "Maybe some other time," he said as he put on his "I'm so disappointed," sad clown face. "Jimmy," he said, "fire up that spot and let's get another contestant up here." As the beautiful, and now mysterious young woman made her way back to her table, he added "Too bad, I have a feeling that we've missed out on a very, very naughty girl indeed." The crowd laughed and the show went on.

For the first time in his career, The Amazing Randy had failed to subjugate someone to his will. He was shaken, but years of stage experience kicked in, and he finished the show without another hitch. He was a true professional after all. Later, in his dressing room, after a few minutes of decompression and introspection, he took off his make-up and wig and changed into his "civvies." Navigating the back stage corridors of the club, as he had done for years, The World's Greatest Stage Hypnotist emerged from behind a small door marked "Closet" in the front of the club, a few steps from the bar. He looked nothing like his larger-than-life, on-stage persona.

The real Randy Baumgardner was in his late 40's, middle-aged, ordinary in height and weight, and soft spoken. Nobody recognized him as he emerged into the room and strode to the bar, choosing a stool next to the beautiful, but mysterious "faux" contestant. "I'd love to buy you a drink, Miss, if you'll allow it," he said. She turned to politely decline the offer and then realized that she was speaking to The Amazing Randy.

"That would be nice," she said as she smiled.

"What will you have?" he asked.

"I'm drinking scotch, neat," was her reply, still smiling. Randy motioned to the bartender and ordered two Scotches, one neat for his companion, and the other with ice and just a splash of water. When the drinks arrived, he took a sip and then turned and said "I'm afraid, Miss, that you have the advantage of me."

"An interesting way to put it, Randy," she said, still smiling. "My name is Leticia Alvarez, and I'm a big fan."

"Nice to meet you, Leticia," said Randy, admiring her olive-skinned face and enormous dark eyes.

"My friends call me "Lettie."

"Are we friends?" asked Randy, with just the right amount of coyness in his voice.

"Maybe not yet, but we're getting there," the diminutive Latin beauty said in what was clearly her take on "sultry." "Who knows? I can be very friendly."

"Then 'Lettie' it is, said Randy, now smiling himself, from one ear to another. This stunning young woman was as hot as a furnace and playing him like a pro. He knew, because he was single and he had been involved in hundreds of similar bar pick-ups, but to be on the receiving end of the process, was completely unique. He was enjoying the experience... a lot.

"Good, Randy."

Randy determined that the bar was not the proper place to address the 800-pound gorilla in the room and motioned to the bartender. After a few seconds of whispering, the bartender called over one of the waiters and gave him instructions. Randy returned to his drink-mate, who was still smiling and said, "Lettie, I just asked the bartender if he could clear Mike's private table for us. Mike, and yes, that's his name, and I go way back. He's owned this club a long time and I've played 'The Busted Mike' every year for many years. Would you like to continue our conversation away from the bar, Lettie?"

"Sure, Randy," she said rising from the barstool.

"Would you like me to order you another drink, Lettie? We may find that we have a lot in common; at least I hope we will."

"I'll have another if you will. This is good scotch."

Randy signaled their order to the bartender and then led the way to the owner's secluded table. He pulled-out Lettie's seat for her. She let him. Randy sat down across from his beautiful companion and said, "Lettie, I'd like to talk a little bit about what happened up on the stage tonight."

"I bet you do, Randy," said Lettie, extending her right hand and taking Randy's hand in hers. "So do I. Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," the smiling Randy said with a broad sophomoric grin.

"Ugh," groaned Lettie, taking on a mock look of disgust. "I'll take that as a qualified 'yes'."

"Hey, what did you expect from a comedian?" asked Randy, who was enjoying the flirtatious repartee despite the fact that, even though Lettie had been holding his hand, he had failed to make any connection with her mind. He had to get used to the fact that if he was going to make any real progress with his sexy tablemate, he was going to have to do it under impulse power. His warp engines were down.

Leticia focused her gaze squarely on Randy's eyes, and said, "Tell me, Randy, have you always thought that you were the only person with enhanced hypnotic power? It kind of looks that way." She released Randy's hand and he used it immediately to take a sip of his drink.

"You are an interesting woman, Lettie. Why don't you tell me?"

"I just did."

"Touché," said Randy, returning her gaze with equal focus. "You are correct. You're the first one I've ever encountered, Lettie. Want to compare notes?"

"That's why I volunteered, Randy. You're my first too," said Lettie. "Who goes first?"

"Why don't you start and I'll chime in when I have something to add," said Randy.

"Ok," said the beautiful, raven-haired woman. Randy figured her for late twenties age-wise, at the blazing height of her feminine power and beauty. "I'll start." She stood briefly, ostensibly to adjust her outfit, which consisted of a form-hugging black knit dress and matching heels, but also to give her companion an unobstructed view of the "grand prize." Apparently, he thought, he had made it past the first round in their little sweepstakes. Unless something disastrous happened, Leticia had already taken her place in the finals.

She sat back down and looked directly at the enthralled hypnotist. "Randy, I have significant hypnotic powers, real powers like yours," said Leticia. I first noticed it when I was in high school."

"Me too," said Randy.

"Like you, I suspect, I have taken great care to use them judiciously. I have to commend you, Randy, by the way, at the method you've chosen to balance between hiding your power, and using it profitably. It's perfect."

"My parents were carnival performers, Lettie. I was living with my aunt, may God rest her soul, while my parents were out working their act on the carnival circuit. One day my abilities just appeared out of the blue. My first "read" was my astronomy teacher. It was a very weird time, as you might imagine."

"Imagine?" said Lettie, "Randy, I've lived it. Can you imagine what it's like to be a fifteen-year-old girl with a figure like mine well into the budding stage, and discover that every boy or man you touched was imagining you naked, or worse?"

"We still are, Lettie. I feel authorized to speak for men in general on this one. By the way," he chuckled, "how's that working out for you? Have any trouble getting dates?" His chuckle turned into a mild belly laugh. She smiled. The Amazing Randy could be a real charmer if he wanted to be but, he'd never really had to be. Charm came naturally to The Amazing Randy. Now, he needed it. He could have any woman he wanted with a single touch of her hand, all except this one. If he was going to seduce the lovely Leticia, he'd have to do it the old-fashioned way. And he wanted to hook up with her; that was increasingly apparent- to both of them.

"Randy," she said, re-assuming her sultriest voice and expression, "give me your hand again. Let's try a little experiment, shall we?" She took his hand gently. Instantly his penis, which like most men, he couldn't control a bit, started to rise in response to her delicate, intimate touch. His cock had a mind of its own and if anyone was in control of it, it was the beautiful Latina who held his hand. "I'm thinking a very specific thought. Use your powers. Can you tell me what it is that I'm thinking?"

Randy did a mock "concentration grimace" and then smiled. "Nope," he said. "I've got nothing. You're impenetrable. Lettie. I can tell you what I hope you're thinking, if you'd like to know. Your turn, Lettie. What's on my mind?" Immediately, Leticia broke the connection and said, "Too bad, Randy. I had hoped that you were different."

His instantly downcast facial expression told her all she needed to know. The hook was set, firmly set, and all she had to do was sit back in her deck chair, take a sip of her drink, and reel-in the flopping fish. She grinned and said "Randy, I'm just funning with you. I can't access your mind at all, but your face is a giant flashing billboard." She beamed as she delivered her next line. Do you know the band called "The Waitresses?" Their current hit is 'I Know What Boys Like.' You're a boy and..." breaking into the tune, she sang, "I know what boys like. I know what guys want. I know what boys like... boys like... boys like... me! Da da da da da. Da da da da da. Da da da da da. Da da da da da... da da... da da... da da.... Dah!"

They both broke into laughter. Lettie re-advanced her hand in invitation for Randy to make non-psychic man-to-woman contact. As he reached out to take it, she continued softly. "Randy, guys have been hitting on me since I was a young teen. You're doing it now. I don't mind. Women like the flattery that a man's attention offers. Remember, I was the one who sought you out. I came tonight specifically to meet you. I've kind of been stalking you. I caught your show in Minneapolis two months ago and I've been following you, discretely, since then.

"I'm flattered," said Randy.

"Don't be. When I caught your show in Minnesota, I could sense that something was different about your act, about you. I had suspicions immediately. I considered making contact then and there, but decided not to make a move until I had more evidence. While everyone around me was laughing and having fun, I was observing your act. Then, I noticed it. Like me, you have to make physical contact with your marks..."

"Ahem, you mean 'contestants,' Lettie," said Randy as he gently squeezed her hand and smiled.

"Excuse me, 'contestants'," she said feigning mild irritation, but still smiling. The rest, anyway, is history. Here we are."

"And the real question, I suppose, is 'Where do we go from here?' Lettie, I can make a suggestion, or, if you'd prefer, I'll let you suggest a path if you'd care to continue. In case you haven't been paying close attention, I'm having a good time." Randy finished his drink in a gulp.

"Randy, said Lettie, "we both have the same powers, or nearly the same. When was the last time you were in a situation like this, but were forced to play on a level playing field? Be honest. Don't you find it even a little bit refreshing to have to sink or swim on your own, without being able to use your power?"

"Of course, I do, Lettie. This is a first for me and 'refreshing' is one of the words I would use to describe it, but not the only one." He smiled a smile that Lettie could see was genuine. Randy was having a good time. "Go on; please continue."

"Randy, you use your power to make money and have fun and so do I. I can go wherever I please, and do whatever I want. This is a wonderful ability we share, but there's a down side to it as well."

"Such as?" he asked sincerely.

"Well, for one thing, it all but eliminates romance from your life. Let me guess. You are not now, nor have you ever been, in love."

"I suppose that's true," said The Amazing Randy, sighing. "Some of my lovers have been and continue to be special, but I'm not in love, at least in the classic sense of the term."

"My point exactly," said his diminutive companion. "I have never in my life met a guy I couldn't read. There's been no real mystery in any of my relationships. I try to let guys take the lead, because I know that they want to, but as soon as we actually touch, I know what they want and how they intend to try to get it. No surprise is no fun." She took the opportunity to finish her drink and asked Randy if he would be willing to get them both another.

Randy rose from his seat. "Sure, but I've reached my limit."

"Randy," said Lettie, "I also limit my alcohol intake and I'll bet it's for the same reason you do, self-protection. Am I right? This is really good scotch and even better company. Aren't you having a good time, Randy?" she said, "What do you have to hide? I already know about your power and you know about mine. What else are you trying to protect?"

"You'd be surprised, Leticia," said Randy behind a little 'bad boy' grin.

"That's what I'm trying to say, Randy. I have never been surprised, ever, by any guy." You are my first, best, chance to be with a man I can't read or control. I'll tell you what. Why don't you sit back down and let me go get the drinks? That way you can maybe look at the problem from a different perspective. How about it? Are you game or what?"

Dutchboy51
Dutchboy51
265 Followers