All Comments on 'The Ant Woman Ch. 19'

by DreamerByTheDiamonds

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
JpmaggersJpmaggersover 4 years ago
Loved The Story, Hated The Elves, Abrupt Ending?

So, I'm a big fan of your Rarity series, it's so unique and interesting that I can't help but read everything you put out in it. The world building is truely outstanding, with every new aspect, however big or small, adding new nuiance to the various races and cultures. I'd also like to add that I love your writing style, so detail oriented and yet it still flows nicely, good job on that as it's hard.

The Elves were an interesting departure, and you did well in expressing them and their mannerisms in this story. The only problem is that the Elves are terrible. So much random cruelty, horrid intruige and general spitefulness, the ending of this story included. It's a great read, but by the end I can't stand any of the characters, all of them having fallen to playing cutthroat politics and harming each other. Heck, poor Wen after all those random accusations and attempts to frame her for crimes even falls into this (even if those she plays off are bad people).

I also worry that the story loses itself for a fair chunk in the middle. With the Wen gets ignored plotline, it just kind of derails the narrative flow for a good chunk with no solutions in sight until it just kind of resolves itself, it also does not make the Emperor look good with how he acts, often acting out. We also lose Wen's story writing, which felt like a major aspect and then dissapeared, would have been nice if she'd wrapped up the last part by informing the Emperor throguh a story for example.

I don't know, this seems like a lot of complaining on my part, but I did certainly enjoy this. Every day that it came up in my feed it was the first thing I read.

But, yeah, good work by and large, maybe it ran on a little too long in the mid-part is all. Excellent writting, and I hope to see more of the Rarity series ^_^

5/5 stars

AmeristyAmeristyover 4 years ago
A very late comment

This story was great to read, though the ending felt sudden. It would have been fun to read more parts around the palace intrigue. More players could have been built up and plots undertaken. Though I understand if motivation dropped and you felt it needed to end. The descriptive imagery was treat to read most of the time, a reader could imagine the scene happening. Though I did find the series a bit lacking in sex scenes given the length but the various scheming was enjoyable overall.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDreamerByTheDiamonds@DreamerByTheDiamonds
I'm really sick right now. There might be a delay for Old Blood and New. Well ... I'm a ghostwriter now. Yay! I've decided to make a Subscribe Star account! Donations are 100% optional but I am considering taking story requests. https://subscribestar.adult/dreamerbythediam...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES