The Apprentice Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Magnus rose from the bed and rubbed his eyes. He splashed some cold water on his face, enjoying the sobering effect it had. He dressed up and glanced at the two bags sitting at the foot of his bed. They contained all the things he owned. It was mostly clothing, some trinkets, and his sword, of course. He had packed all his stuff last night after he had made his decision. He took both bags and put them over his shoulder. He was hungry, but he felt delaying his departure would be torturous. Leaving the room Lady Charlotte was kind enough to put at his disposal for the last several weeks, he strolled into the salon and saw Fiona sitting there, reading some book. Magnus felt his heart clench. She raised her eyes from the book, glancing at the bags on his shoulders.

"I see you've made your decision," she said, forcing a weak smile. Her eyes couldn't help betraying her real feelings, though.

"Yes..." Magnus replied in an apologetic voice. As the end of his apprenticeship approached, Fiona had proposed a sort of partnership to him. They would work together as mages, they would pick jobs together, split the earnings, and so on... It was a fair and reasonable proposal. Yet he knew he couldn't accept it. He wanted to be his own master, to explore the world on his own. As much as Fiona meant to him, he knew if he stayed he would always be her Apprentice in one way or another... In some way, Fiona seemed to understand it as well, since she only nodded to his answer.

"I expected this answer," she said, fighting hard to maintain her composure.

"Fiona... I want to thank-"

"No, don't say it... These were fun and amazing five years and we both got plenty out of this arrangement," she said. Magnus just nodded and gave her a sad smile.

"Anyway, my now ex-Apprentice, you better scurry off... I hate goodbyes, so I'll just wish you safe travels," she said, forcing calm into her voice.

"Stay safe..." Magnus said, his voice breaking. That was all the goodbye he could muster and he turned to leave, giving her one last look, as if wanting to memorize her face. She met his eyes for a second and they spoke through their eyes much more than their tongues ever could. Smiling one last time, Magnus turned and went towards the mansion doors, walking awkwardly. Fiona watched the man she loved leave the mansion, leave her mentorship, leave her world... As her heart was being torn, she took a breath, reaching deep within her soul for some strength.

"Go my lovely Magnus... but I promise you this. Whatever else happens, we will find each other again, I know it with every fiber of my body and soul. We will be together again, no matter how long it takes," Fiona thought as Magnus's wide frame went through the door of the mansion. She managed to smile, this time without needing to force it.

"Oh yes, my Apprentice, we will find each other again and then you will owe me an orgasm for every day of my waiting..."

End of Chapter 4.

End of Part One.

***

I want to encourage you to vote and comment on my story. It means a lot to me!