All Comments on 'The Arrangement Ch. 03'

by Quietmahoganystorm

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
great

I love this story I can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
*****

Five.

fluerfluerabout 12 years ago
danger alert

Peter is one sick puppy. Julianne needs to get up and run.

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyabout 12 years ago
Well done

But is Peter really in his 60s? I ask because the inset story said he was 21 40 years ago, and I thought he was in his 40s. Five stars QMS

QuietmahoganystormQuietmahoganystormabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback!

@ EroticlitKitty - yes, he is much older than her. It's the old man/young woman dynamic.

@fluer - yes, he is one sick bastard. I'll be working on him & their twisted relationship.

To everyone who gave feedback & scoring, thank you, thank you, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

I hope you find another editor, you have a rare talent. This story has been driving me crazy, I want more right now. Please keep on writing this story and you will find another editor. You are doing a supreb job with this story. As you flesh out the characters; we will learn more about "Peter" and "Julianne". Peter is a type of man who is demanding and I believe Juilanne is going to teach him some manners. To be honest alot of women would love to have a Peter in there life. See you next month and take care. Thank you Bain.

MzMagicBeautyMzMagicBeautyabout 12 years ago
Loved it

I liked the background story of peter and why he is a little crazy. But how is Julianne gonna take that the only reason he was interested in her was because she looked like his cousin.. I hope she makes him work for her and show her that this is more then a arrangement and is or could be love.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxabout 12 years ago
Sitting

*dazed look on face*

Wow.

fluerfluerabout 12 years ago

Q, although I called Peter one sick mofo. I still can't help myself in reading this story. It so darn interesting. However one thing I'm curious about, how old is Peter?

Mellymell25Mellymell25about 12 years ago
to fluer

He 61 in the back story iy said 40years ago and went on th say he was 21.

I like the back story and was still good with out and editor cant wait for the next chapter hope it come out soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
love

i think this is your best chapter yet. i like everything, very sad in some part,and some times forgiveness is the hardest part. forgiveness can set you free. peter do have a heart.i love how he felted the pain of his's family past that he cried with millie and felt her pain. millie is so wise she know the deal. all i can say i love the chapter.

Michmommy2Michmommy2about 12 years ago
Love the Twist

This is a great story. I like how you're developing the arrangement/relationship between Peter and Julianne. The backstory....was awesome. It made me feel bad for all the characters, even Stephen in a way. He loved Millie so much, but he was a fool. You can't just take what you want and he has to pay with never being with the woman he loves forever. I hate the rape and the way Millie was treated afterwards by the police, but it definitely brought an intriguing element to the story. Hope Peter and Julianne can work out in the end, once he realizes you can't buy love. Great story...5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Peter Grandfather story ?

I actually would like to hear peter grandfather side of the story or the story its self would be pretty good to read about since he's is the most akwardest one of all

PLEASE THINK ABOUT READING IT !!!!!! PRETTY PLEASE......

creepyrjcreepyrjabout 12 years ago

Was good enough for me. Good growth in the story.

THELOVELY1GLOTHELOVELY1GLOabout 12 years ago
Looks

good so far, though the history lesson of their families really glues you to the present. Hopefully they are able to fix this and truly fall in love as he gets over his love for his cousin-Josephine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent!

Waiting for more.

septembernightsseptembernightsabout 12 years ago
Love it....

Yup that history lesson is not that uncommon at all... loved it and loved the relationship between Peter and Millie.... just one note I think u meant Millie's mom not grandmother "Margaret"..... but this is such a great story can't wait to read the rest.

verbicideverbicideabout 12 years ago
Spectacular

I love this story. I'll enjoy it even more when Peter works his little psychodrama out of his system and gets to see Julianne as a lovely, desirable woman in her own right, not merely a reflection of his forbidden love. Still, it's a riveting tale, made richer by the hope that something good can come from a difficult, unpleasant history. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

I re-read all three of the chapters, cannot help comparing your story to "Love will Follow" by Kenny Loggins. I have this song in my head while reading. Please update soon. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Your Great!

Just Keep.Doing What you are doing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Hey, I actually love the turn this story's taking, even though he's practically an old geezEr. He's like 61 and she's like in her 30s? I like his background, sensitivity and that he's got someone to anchor him to humanity and reality. Nice work. Looking forward to ur nExt chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Chapter 4

Waiting for chapter 4, will you post on this site or your blog.

QuietmahoganystormQuietmahoganystormalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Posting

I'm still working on chapter 4. My life took an unexpected turn recently and I am adjusting to it as fast as I can. My original direction for chapter four just wasn't good. It was rushed and tried to do too much too soon. So between my major life upheaval, and trying to do everything possible to get something called normal back, I simply haven't had the chance to get back into the story. Once I do, it will be posted here and not on the blog. BTW: Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog & my writings here! I appreciate it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Posting

Please take care and thank you for responing to my question regarding chapter 4.

DnaebugsDnaebugsover 11 years ago

This is one of the best stories that I have read. I feel so invested in Peter and Julieanne. I really want them to work out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Let's give both sides of the coin in postscript please

While it is true there were sisters sexually assaulted by some white men of the Old South, little is mentioned about the love relationships that also existed.

I get so tired of hearing this one sided presentation.

There were interracial couples that loved each other and at great peril to their very lives. These circumstances also existed for white women who chose to have black lovers, free and enslaved. So I ask you to be balanced in your tale telling. As a student of history, I feel comfortable in my knowledge of these facts. Experiences, as with all life circumstances crossed the spectrum emotionally, physically and socially. Some of these women enjoyed more privileges than the wife they weren't just concubines.

So please try to incorporate a more balanced view in the future. I know it's your story, but the constant depiction of black women as historical victims sucks.

QuietmahoganystormQuietmahoganystormover 11 years agoAuthor
To the anonymous author of the last comment

Firstly, thanks for reading the story and leaving a comment.

Just because you feel that it is wrong for me to write about this topic, does not negate the fact that this type of behavior did happen, and quite frequently. That is never to say that interracial relationships weren't loving. These two events are not mutually exclusive. History should tell you that while there were stories of real love between people of all colors, to neglect or argue about the relevance of my story when there were too, too many instances of rape and rampant abuse in both these eras is ridiculous on its face.

If you don't like the content of the story, chose one that suits your needs, rather than leave a snarky comment about historical accuracy and hide behind the cover of anonymity.

liberallysexualliberallysexualover 11 years ago
Finish!

I love your writing. Absolutely love it.

And to the anon: shut up.

multiculturegirlmulticulturegirlover 11 years ago

Anon so sorry that you are "tired" of hearing about the truth of black women's oppression during slavery/Jim Crow. Let's be clear can one even be in a truly consensual relationship with someone who OWNS them? So even if there were some "loving" relationships during slavery/Jim Crow that doesn't have shit to do with what the author is talking about. If that makes you uncomfortable too bad. Those "loving" relationships were the exception not the rule. Black maids were much more likely to be raped than to fall in love (domestic workers still are actually). However, if you would like to go with black women as wanton love/sex toy version of history so be it just know its not actual history its more like white people feel good fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good enough story...but some things are a bit bugging

The Peter's background story is interesting, I liked how Josephine reacted, not falling easily for Peter's seduction, and I liked that there was no doubt that Peter's father assaulted. The set up of the arrangement could have been a little bit more fleshed out but it is interesting. The only things that bug me is the the Josephine and Julianne connection which I found a bit creepy and also the 30 something years age difference between Julianne and Peter: I mean the man is what 60?! He could easily be her father!!! It makes the all imbalance of power (white rich man taking advantage of poor black woman), all the more problematic...

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Really enjoying this story my family is also of deep southern roots and probably experienced similar treatment because our obvious mulatto roots are obviously expressed in our features..glad you did Millie justice

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You're a great writer, and this is a great story. However...

I think your timeline is flawed. If you decide to publish this, it's the sort of thing that can be corrected, but it would take a bit of work.

The Emancipation Proclamation was issued in 1863, and all slaves were officially freed in 1865.

So looking at your timeline, Peter was 21 "in the 70s." That puts his birth in the 50s. We'll call it 1950 for convenience. Average generations were around 25 years, which puts his mother's birth in 1925. Her parents would have been born around the turn of the century, and their parents would have been born around 1875...ten years AFTER all slaves were freed. In your story, Peter's great grandfather (born 1875) rapes Millie's grandmother, who is a slave. Then he gives the resulting daughter to another slave once she's grown up. For that to happen (say he was 20 at the time of the rape, and he gives his daughter to another slave when she's 20), he would have to be at least 40-45 during the Civil War, meaning he had to be born around 1820 or earlier. You're two full generations off for the timeline to work.

But as I said, you're a great writer, and I'm really enjoying your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
oh wow

This was so good...thank you!

izzieDizzieDover 7 years ago
OoooohMyyyyy!!!!!

I'd give this installment 10 if I could!!

Absolutely fabulous work luv!!

blackprincess0524blackprincess0524about 7 years ago
THE BEST

This is one of the best stories I have read on here, I so hope you will continue through to its entirety!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Your afterthought was well written

Forgiveness is what it is all about. And the hardest to accomplish.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous