The Assassin's Bride Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was inconceivable that Michael might get the upper hand, but the look on his face and the tone of his voice triggered a terrible memory of the very first moment he betrayed her. The time he disclosed, despite all odds, that he was about to murder her boyfriend in the midst of their gang and kidnap her. And he pulled off both feats with seamless ease. If it weren't for Gavin...

"I see you're still deluded," she sneered, wondering how to extract herself from the conversation with dignity. Though she wanted to win the debate, her instincts told her to leave.

"You can see I am not lying." Michael slightly leaned forward, as though to share a delicious secret. "I am going to take you again. You belong to me."

Carina managed a scornful titter. "You're full of shit. You can't-"

"-Can't wait to rip your clothes off," he swiftly interrupted, enjoying the visual unravelling of her cold composure. Michael used his legs to slowly draw himself forward, his arms shifted strangely.

"Why do you stand so far away?" he cocked his head. "You're afraid of a bound prisoner?"

"No," she lied, wishing Gavin was standing beside her.

"Prove it, mi amor," he goaded, sliding another inch closer. "Stand before me. Let's see how confident you are of victory. Or you're still afraid?"

Carina's eyes flared at the rude challenge and she took an arrogant step toward him.

Don't do it.

Carina stepped back, suddenly afraid of the look on his face, bringing memories of frustration; struggling, fighting him, exhausting herself in futile escape attempts while he used her body for his pleasure. The feeling that something was wrong increased with each passing second.

"Sweetheart, there is no shame in being a coward," Michael said patronizingly, aligning the soles of his shoes with the ground. Squaring his shoulders, he sat straighter with his thick arms tensed. Knuckles pressed firmly to the floor behind for a quick rise.

Carina bared her teeth at the insult but was pulled from the room before she could retort. Carlos slammed the door, his body pressed against her with a painful grip on her neck, his forehead resting on the steel above.

"Did you get what you wanted?" he growled.

Carina nodded against his shoulder, feeling the struggling tensions in his body and realising why Carlos never wanted to take her down there. Though he was afraid to leave her alone with Michael, he was also afraid of losing control and killing Michael before he could properly torture him.

Breathing heavily from adrenaline, Michael relaxed against the wall with his eyes closed. He'd come very close to a radical new plan. With Carina as hostage, he'd have Carlos by the balls. The only thing Carlos wanted more than him dead, was Carina.

It was a risky but effective shortcut off the yacht. And it came so close to fruition. It didn't take much to bait Carina; she was easily overcome by her passionate temper, an inner fire that made his cock stiffen.

With everything carefully planned out, Carina's visit took him by surprise. The sight of her motivated him to act prematurely; drove him to get his hands on her sooner, rather than later.

But it was smarter to stick to the original plan.

"Patience is a virtue..." Michael dully mused.

God he'd missed her. Just being in her presence lifted his mood and stoked his sex drive. His erection bordered on painful. In his mind he pinned her down, ran a hand through her hair, thrust into her pussy and smothered all objections with his mouth.

Michael glared at the ceiling as his cock needily pulsed at the mental imagery.

A moment longer, and he would have trapped her.

It was better he didn't. The original plan was better. Wiser.

Michael sighed harshly, tensed with unsated lust as his mind warred with his desire.

It was so fucking close. He only needed three more seconds.

***

Gavin was in the game room with a coffee when Carina walked in.

A man followed her entry, politely nodded to Gavin and joined two others at a small table on the far side of the room.

"Prepared to be destroyed?" Carina asked brightly, chalking a cue-stick.

"I would save the bragging for the end," Gavin replied, leaving his seat to join her by the pool table. "Are you alright?" he asked quietly, noticing she was unsettled.

Carina tossed her head and decided to keep things transparent, since they were under scrutiny. "Not really. I saw Michael."

"Ah."

The game commenced, and Gavin was pleasantly surprised that Carlos' assessment of Carina's gaming skill was not mere flattery. For fifteen minutes he solely concentrated on working around Carina's strategic blocks.

"So, how was he?" he finally asked.

"Annoying. Perverted." She glared at the table, irked by the memory of Michael's easy smile despite him sitting bound on the floor.

Gavin frowned. "And Carlos tolerated it?"

"Yes, to a point. Or perhaps I should say - to make a point," she muttered, eyeballing the eight ball with vicious intent. "I am sure he heard everything."

Gavin casually glanced around, noting the men across the room attentively watching them. "Heard everything? He didn't go in with you?"

Carina bit her lip. "No. At one point I was afraid," she murmured, focusing on a sharp move.

Gavin shot her a concerned look. "Why?"

"It's stupid." She shook her head, leaning across the table to take another shot. "I just felt unsafe."

"Was Michael...?" Gavin uneasily licked his lips, considering his next words. "You didn't go near him?"

"Of course not," Carina scoffed, choosing to omit the fact she stupidly considered it in a battle of wills.

They played in cordial silence for a while. Then Carina won, and a new game began.

"If you see Michael again, keep a healthy distance," Gavin advised, chalking his cue. "I've seen him pluck keys from a guard's belt with his toes."

Carina snorted and the balls scattered as she took her turn. "Carlos would never be so foolish to-"

"It's not that. It's more that Michael is..." he paused thoughtfully. "A bit like a coiled snake, pretending to sleep."

Carina's bitter expression vanished, and she laughed. "What a perfect description! A fucking snake." The mirth lightened her mood, and her attention shifted from the game to Gavin.

"So, that outfit this morning..." Gavin murmured, focusing on his aim. "Is that how you usually dress with these guys?"

"Only when I'm pissed off," Carina tittered, opting for a frivolous answer.

Gavin didn't reply. He was studying the table, granting Carina ample time to admire his build, his striking features complimented by a faint five-o-clock shadow. With hair so pale, it was difficult to tell how dense it was, and Carina found herself wanting to find out with her fingertips. Or her mouth.

Gavin's borrowed black pants were a rather close fit, but not too ridiculous. The matching long-sleeve shirt adhered to his chest and arms like a second skin. In that outfit he could easily be mistaken for part of Carlos' crew, except for his conspicuous fair skin and blonde hair.

Carina almost sighed aloud. Gavin was so different to any man she'd met. All her life she separated men into two groups -- bad guys, and wimps. Though Gavin never exhibited the dark streak that Eduardo, Michael and Carlos showed from time to time, he was certainly not a wimp.

Like Michael, Gavin was a skilled killer. But murder was clearly not his preference. It was as though he had some essence of morality. Almost indiscernible, it existed; Carina felt it. From the beginning she sensed that even without a romantic interest in her, he would still oppose Michael's forceful approach to love.

Gavin took significant risks to extract her from the island, yet the arrangement was without strings. Even now, on a dangerous man's yacht, he was on her side. It slightly took Carina's breath away, knowing Gavin could simply steal a small speedboat and escape. But he deliberately remained, to take her, and Michael, to safety.

Carina couldn't think of anyone who would go to those lengths for a hot new acquaintance and an old frenemy. Gavin's moral code was noticeably stronger than any other person on the yacht, herself included.

With the black shirt tightly lining his skin and revealing every muscled contour of his chest and arms, it was the closest Carina had come to seeing him topless. She imagined it would be hot to run her hands up his chest, slide an arm around his neck while her other hand clenched in his blonde hair as they fucked. Kissing him was explosively arousing, she knew that already...

Then Gavin glanced up and took in her telling blush. His eyes warmed, the light-blue tones reminding Carina of tropical, crystal blue waters.

"Don't drop your guard," he said playfully. "The game isn't over, yet."

Carina caught the warning behind the banter, and it was valid. In a lustful moment she had completely forgotten about the men silently watching them interact.

"Well, what are we playing for?" she asked, brushing chalk dust from the sleeve of her blouse. "Best of three."

"It's hardly fair to take bets after winning the first game," Gavin wryly objected. "Besides, I have nothing to gamble in current circumstances," he added, tilting his head warningly when Carina's gaze moved boldly down his body.

"There is always something," she declared, sinking another ball.

"Indeed," Carlos remarked.

Though Carina started, Gavin seemed unperturbed by Carlos standing on the darker side of the room, having entered unnoticed from a side door.

"Hi, Carlos," Gavin smiled, and Carlos gently inclined his head in greeting.

"I hope you do not mind, Gavin, but I must speak with Carina," he said calmly, and Carina bit her lip.

"I'm grateful. She was winning atrociously." Gavin laid his cue on the table's edge and strolled from the room.

"Come, Carina." Carlos turned and Carina warily followed. He didn't speak until they were in the suite and guided her to sit on the bed while he remained on his feet.

With her hands clasped together, Carina apprehensively watched him pace before her.

"You seem very comfortable around Gavin."

"I am comfortable around men," she countered.

"This is true," Carlos conceded, pausing with hands on hips. "I can't find a fucking thing on the man."

Carina shrugged, hugely relieved. "Why do you care? It's like you want to find something bad."

"I like to think I dislike him for a reason. Has he let on about his connection with Michael?"

Carina sighed impatiently. "Carlos, I have hardly spent any time with him, except for the games, and you can ask the men-"

"I am asking you, Carina."

"You said your business today was about Michael," she accused.

"Yes...Well, Michael's connection to Gavin," Carlos revealed. "I know they are not on good terms, but there must be some personal attachment, and I do not trust Gavin to tell me the truth."

"What about the usual business? I mean, with Samuel?" Carina asked tentatively.

"Ah. We had a falling out, which may or may not be temporary."

"You had to choose between chasing Michael, and continuing with Samuel?" Carina astutely guessed.

Carlos' jaw clenched. "He doesn't have a brother; he couldn't understand. And his opinion of me soured the last time you saw him."

Carina shuddered. "You were such a bastard."

"And I will always be ashamed of it. I am very grateful he intervened Carina," Carlos admitted. "Though he always said you were an airhead."

"I never professed to have a PhD," Carina snapped, reminded of her restricted existence. "If I wanted to make anything of myself, Eduardo would just laugh it off. Michael was the only one who listened."

"And he also didn't lift a finger to change anything, did he? He had his own agenda." Carlos sat beside her, gently tilting her chin to look up at him. "You are so fucking pretty it makes me angry, sometimes."

"Why?"

"Because it's difficult to stay upset with you."

"What have I done, now?!"

"There is always something, Carina," he chuckled, pulling her into his arms. "I can't believe you're really mine."

Feeling depressed, Carina let her head fall against his shoulder.

"Is it wrong to be happy with my brother's woman?" he whispered.

"Carlos, please," Carina mumbled, lightly pawing his bicep. "I don't want to talk about Eduardo."

"I'm sorry," he murmured, directing her to face him. For a moment they sadly looked at each other, both inevitably remembering Eduardo. Carlos' focus switched to Carina's mouth.

They kissed softly, tentatively; finding solace with each other. Carina closed her eyes, silently panicking when Carlos' hands crept over her breasts, his thumbs moved purposely around her nipples in sensual circles until the peaks caught under his fingers.

"C-Carlos..."

Carina jumped with fright when the front of her shirt ripped. Carlos stared, drinking in the sight before gently pulling the material aside to expose her bare breasts, his tongue extended to flick an aroused nipple.

"Oh, Jesus Christ," he muttered, sucking the silky flesh into his mouth, groaning against her skin.

Carina stared over his head with wide eyes, sighting their reflection in a full-length wall-mirror. She watched Carlos attached to her breast like a newborn, restlessly shifting with building excitement. His teeth lightly pinched, and her pussy twinged responsively.

"I... Carlos," she hoarsely protested, lightly tapping his head. "You said we needed to talk...?"

"Did I?" he distractedly muttered, before latching onto her other breast. One hand settled on her hip, keeping her tightly accessible, the other snaked between them to gently squeeze her thigh and slide higher.

"Oh! Carlos..."

He pressed forward, forcing Carina to lay back on the bed. He climbed over her, both hands stroking up her narrow waist to indulgently close over her breasts and squeeze. Then he dragged his gaze higher and registered her discomfort.

"You want me to stop, again?" he breathed with unconcealed dismay.

"I don't...I mean...It's just too soon..."

Carlos reared up with frustration. "Maybe it's too soon, but-" he broke off, his cheeks angrily flushed at the thought in his mind. "You can't possibly want Michael to be the last man to have you!"

Fighting his temper, he moved away, and Carina miserably drew the front of her shirt together. "Carlos?"

Carlos sat very still, staring down at his palms. "You'll never want me that way, will you? You'll never look at me, the way you looked at him."

A tear dripped down Carina's cheek unheeded; she didn't answer. She loved both brothers, but it was different with Eduardo. Carlos laughed bitterly at her silence.

"I am losing myself with emotion. I can admit it to you, no one else." He looked at her, and Carina was relieved to see him smiling, though exasperated. "You're the only family I have left. And I want you. That's not going to change."

Carlos incredulously shook his head. "I imagined I saw you looking at Gavin the way you used to watch Eduardo." He raked a hand through his dark hair. "I know it's stupid. I am so paranoid. I always was."

Carina kept her gaze downcast, feeling sick.

Carlos made a helpless gesture. "I am going to have a cold shower. You are free to return to your suite."

"Without being stalked?" Carina asked curiously, edging off the bed. Since they spent the night together, Carlos' security had been noticeably lax.

The corner of Carlos' mouth turned up in a cynical smile. "I have gauged Gavin is not stupid enough to touch you. It has been a rough time for the others. I have worked them hard and they deserve a break. If you are nervous, I will assign somebody."

"No, I prefer to be alone."

"Then I will see you at dinner. Let me know if you change your mind. About anything."

Carina's eyes darted back to clash with Carlos' smouldering gaze, he suggestively arched an eyebrow, before abruptly heading for the bathroom.

Running an uneasy hand up her nape into her hair, Carina left the suite, wondering how long she could stall before having to fuck Carlos.

The walk to her suite was thoughtful, and it was only when she curled up on the bed could she pinpoint what bothered her. Nervously aware of the shift in vibe with Carlos, she felt she couldn't really be herself; not her disobedient, flirtatious self. Carlos was her minder now, and the initial ice from their distance apart had thawed.

Now he was comfortable with his feelings about her, Carina recognised he was waiting for her provocative personality to shine through; not just because he adored it, but to take advantage of it. Now, he was very receptive to behaviours that he would have brusquely ignored in the past.

Carina's head lightly spun with the realisation she lived in a strange love-square before Eduardo's murder. She belonged to Eduardo, but Michael, her best friend, was also secretly in love with her, silently obsessing; biding his time for the right moment to kidnap her. Her sisterly love for Carlos seemed distastefully incestuous now she was aware of his feelings. Feelings that she'd have never known but for Michael's betrayal.

****

Dinner passed pleasantly, with Carlos' mood noticeably improved. Dressed in white, he looked very much like Eduardo, who always favoured pale outfits. Carina noticed the resemblance and wondered if it was Carlos' tactic to draw her closer.

"White, Carlos? That's not like you," she commented, leaning back as her dinner was placed before her. Opting for a tidier look, she'd arranged her hair in a loose French braid and wore a black shift dress with strappy red sandals.

"I felt like a cheerful change," he replied, still seeming pleased about something.

The flash of concern in Gavin's eyes quickly vanished under a relaxed demeanour. "Something to celebrate?"

Carlos shrugged a shoulder, intent on slicing his steak. "There are recent changes worth celebrating."

Gavin watched Carlos' face, wondering whether it was new information or spending time with Carina that had lifted his mood.

Carina was nervously wondering the same thing, with both possibilities making her anxious. Either Carlos had found something on Gavin and Michael, or he was going to fuck her straight after dinner.

A phone chime cut through the quiet and Carlos excused himself, leaving Gavin and Carina alone. Two other men remained in the room but were more preoccupied with their conversation than keeping watch.

"I wonder what's put a spring in his step," Gavin pondered, sipping whiskey.

"I don't know," Carina said worriedly. "And I don't know what Carlos is waiting for, with Michael."

Gavin looked amused. "Really?"

Carina glanced up from her food with surprise. "Well, I'd expect Carlos to at least break his fingers."

"What did Michael do to Carlos?" Gavin asked, as though imparting a lesson to a pupil.

"He killed Eduardo," Carina answered, looking baffled.

"And who was Eduardo to Carlos?"

"His brother..."

Gavin slightly raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to figure it out.

"Carlos is searching for Michael's family?" she breathed, laying down her utensils with amazement. "Does Michael have family?"

"I wouldn't know," Gavin shrugged, and Carina couldn't tell if he was telling the truth. "Going for uninvolved family is always a dirty move. It's why I never affiliate with gangs."

Carlos returned, looking surly.

"Business?" Carina asked innocently, and Carlos shot her a warning look. Carina glared back.

"I think this is the best baked fish I've had to memory," Gavin diplomatically intervened. "Where did you find your chef?"

"More an ensemble, than a single cook," Carlos distantly replied, still giving Carina a hard stare.

"Have they been with you long?"

"Yes, a while." Carlos' attention was back on his dinner.