The Azure Cloud Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"At your place or mine Doctor?"

"Would I be safe at your place James?" I looked him in the eye and then smiled to show I wasn't that serious.

Holding his hand up he replied,"Well Shannon, my style is somewhat cramped by this so I will be on my best behaviour."

"Okay, perhaps you should come here, just easier with all my supplies on hand. Do you need a hand back to your cabin? You were looking a little pale when Martin brought you in."

"I would accept your kind offer Doctor. I am still feeling a bit shaky."

"Okay, I'm going to help you off the table. Put your arm around my shoulders and I'll walk you back. There's some roll to the boat so hold tight." With that I helped him off the table and he wrapped his arm around me. There was no way I could actually hold him up if he fainted but I could steady him as we walked. He leaned against me as we made our way to his cabin.

Much to my chagrin, a warmth spread through me. With his arm around my shoulders and his body leaning into mine I surprised myself at how good this man felt beside me. I tried to shake it off. This wasn't happening

Just then Lia spotted us and exclaimed, "What the hell is going on James. What did you do to your hand?"

Gritting his teeth James gave her the story. I kept us moving and had Lia open the door. We helped James onto the bed and Lia headed off to get him a stiff drink. I got some water and handed him the T3s and then sat beside him on the bed. I really did feel for him. This type of burn is really painful and he was taking it rather well. I knew he was hurting.

He smiled at me and said, "Doctor, its a pleasure to have you on my bed. I'm sorry I can't enjoy your company otherwise."

I scoffed,"I'm ordering no sex for a few days. Do you think I can trust you around the masseuse and your two employees? I may put a sign on your door."

"Doctor, they are safe. There is only one woman I'm interested in aboard the Azure Cloud and its not them." He looked steadily at me but I didn't bite. I just smiled back at him.

"So Shannon, also please let me tell you I now believe you are a real physician."

'What the fuck?' I thought but I feigned composure and said, "Well James, that's very reassuring. Maybe those seven years weren't all a waste of time."

"Definitely not. You're amazing." Whoa, did that really come out of his mouth.

"I'll take that as a compliment, but really, just doing the job.

"I'm going to leave you now but I've changed my mind. I'll come and see you in about 4 or 5 hours. Get some rest. You look a bit pale still." With that I left James's cabin and returned to my infirmary. Was the charm offensive real or would the jerkish behaviour resurface. I could almost be neutral if he grew up a bit.

****

Darkness was setting in when I made my way to James's cabin. The Azure Cloud was sailing to another island chain with the wind mostly on the beam. There was a gentle roll and pitch, something that was becoming normal for me. My sea legs were well developed.

I heard a firm "Come In" in response to my knock. James was sitting up in his bed. He looked uncomfortable.

"How's the hand," I asked, taking in the pained expression on his face.

"Okay, I guess. Hurting a bit." I wasn't surprised by that. Rope burns are painful. I moved over and sat on the bed, placing the bandaging material beside me. I placed his arm on my lap and began to cut away the old bandaging. Working quietly and efficiently I could sense James shifting subtly closer to my side. My body heated with his touch. Oh God, how desperate was I that this guy was warming me. Perhaps I needed Lia's 'help' again.

Finishing up I stood up and gave him the assessment. Basically there was no sign of infection and the healing had begun but ever so slightly. James looked at me steadily as I talked and I felt the colour rising in my face. As much as I avoided the truth, the man was attractive and I couldn't stop myself from heating up around him. I resolved to keep my distance except for necessary work on his injury. I left soon after.

****

James's wound was healing nicely and as a result I was able to keep my distance from him. But this was a small ship after all and I guess my visits to James's room for dressing changes were noted. One day Plaything1 pulled me into her room and grilled me.

"So, Shannon, looks like you've made some progress with one of the owners." I had no idea what she was talking about at this point.

"Not sure what you mean Madeleine."

"With James. You are fucking him aren't you?" What the FUCK was she talking about I thought but I remained impassive.

"Maddy what ever gave you that idea. I'm not in any relationship with James because, firstly, I believe it is unethical to sleep with your employer and secondly, I'm not interested in James."

"But you've been visiting his cabin at all hours. And then again, why not, don't you think he's gorgeous."

"Yeah, objectively he is but those visits were for dressing changes to his injured hand. And besides, I don't think he really likes me much."

Madeleine was incredulous. "Shannon, are you kidding? When James is around you he never takes his eyes off you. I'm totally jealous."

"Well, he's all yours. I'm not going there." I backed towards the door and prepared to leave.

"Okay babe, I would love to be in your place but maybe there's hope for me yet. Have a good evening."

***

The Azure Cloud was anchored off a beautiful Island in the ABC group of Caribbean Islands. My workload was light and I was catching a bit of sun on the foredeck lounger soaking in the rays and a beautiful view. I sensed someone moving up behind me. Turning I saw James standing there quietly looking me up and down. I suddenly felt very under dressed in a tiny bikini I had purchased at our last stop. I managed to get out a hello to James and then reached for my cover up but James got to it first. I looked questioningly at him?

James held the cover up away from me and said with a smirk, "Shannon, as much as I enjoy the view I'll give you this on one condition."

"Okay, and what would that condition be James?"

"I would like to take you to see something on this island that I think you'll enjoy. All I ask is your company for a few hours tomorrow." This was intriguing. Just what was up with him now. I decided to be coy as well

I smirked back at him and asked lightly, "James again I ask, will I be safe?"

"Well fortunately you won't be wearing those tiny bits of string and cloth or I would not guarantee anything. You'll need shorts and a t-shirt."

"Well James, a lady should not ask why a gentleman is asking her for a date - this does sound a bit like a date doesn't it - but I'm just a bit curious about why now are you going out of your way to spend some time with me?"

"Shannon, I owe you for the great care you have given with my injury and besides, I think it will be fun and...." He hesitated and I think he looked a little unsure of himself.

"And what James?" I prompted

"And you can indulge yourself safely this time. It will be a bit of a surprise."

"Well, this sounds intriguing. If you can tolerate my presence for a few hours then I am up for an adventure."

He chuckled and his eyes shone beautifully. My god he was good looking, particularly when he wasn't scowling or being a jerk. "Excellent, I'll have a ride into the town dock at 830 tomorrow.

"And Shannon, I enjoy your presence, as hard as that may be to believe. And I appreciate that you are prepared to tolerate mine."

"I like this truce. I'll be ready to go with clothing as described." With that James handed me my cover up and left for the cockpit of the ship.

****

The roads were awesome but a bit scary. We had been travelling into the interior of the island for about 30 min. James had rented a car and he was driving us to a still unknown destination. At this point I really didn't care where we were going. The scenery was spectacular and the day was gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky. And better yet, the man driving had yet to piss me off in any serious way. In fact he was being a perfect gentleman, something I didn't think he had it in him. And to top it off he looked great in his flowered shirt and cool shades but most of all he was wearing a smile which made him almost human.

We came to a small pull off near some rock outcrops. There was a young dude leaning against a small pickup truck, very common to the island. When we got out of our rental he shouldered a large pack and came over to greet us.

In a local accent the guy introduced himself as Oscar and said he would be our guide today. I still didn't know what he was guiding but hey, I was now just along for the ride. I liked Oscar immediately and appreciated his lithe build.

After intros he turned to James and said, "And Shannon will be my partner today?"

"Yep, she's all yours." Whoa where was this going.

I stuttered, "Partner in what guys. I'm not sure what I'm signing up for here."

James laughed and said, "Lets let Oscar take us on a short hike and it will all fall into place."

So we did. After 15 minutes or so of hiking we came up to a beautiful cliff with a lush pool under a waterfall at the far end. Birds and forest creatures were the only sounds in this lovely spot. And then the plan became clear. Oscar set down his pack and start pulling out climbing gear complete with ropes, biners, slings and a selection of shoes.

Oscar held out a pair of rock shoes to me and said, "So Miss Shannon, I hope you'll be my partner today. I hear you are a climber and I would like to take you up a few routes.

I was thrilled and I let out a shriek of "YES, lets do some climbs. James, I can't believe you've set this up. This is amazing." I was truly delighted. My rock climbing experience was mostly during undergrad years with the U of C outing club. I liked the sport climbing around Canmore particularly in the Cougar Creek canyon where many fun routes were bolted.

James smiled and held up his still bandaged hand saying, "My pleasure Shannon. I'd join you but.. well you know my situation.

"And if you are going to do some crazy things I'd rather you do it with a competent partner and Oscar comes highly regarded."

"Sorry you can't climb but thanks for setting this up." Oscar had a couple of sets of shoes and soon we were off on our first route.

Oscar was a great leader. He took me up several challenging but doable sport routes. The holds were small but the rock was gritty and the hand holds mostly positive. I asked about the grades and he replied using the French system that we were doing French 6a/b which was very near my limit.

Unusual for a guide but he let me lead a couple of 5a/b routes and I was in heaven. Most guides won't let clients lead but things were more relaxed in the Caribbean it seems.

I liked the look of the bolts and they were spaced just about right so I felt quite confident on lead. All the while James just leaned back against a tree and took all the climbing in.

After about three hours and many short routes my arms were turning to jello and I declared I was done. But what a fabulous day! We hiked out and had a beer at a small cafe with Oscar before we parted ways. I saw James slip a bundle of bills into Oscar's hand. I'm sure James took very good care of our excellent guide. Oscar made me promise to come back sometime and go climbing with him again.

I was buzzing on the drive back to the coast and couldn't stop talking about the day. I realized on the rock how much I missed that part of my life. James took this all in and said I moved very gracefully on the climbs.

We arrived on the coast road and instead of turning towards the docks where Martin had dropped us off this morning we continued in the other direction. I asked, "James, where are we going?" He looked back and smiled.

"Another surprise but not nearly as interesting." We went another kilometre or two before stopping. We made our way down to the beach and walked along until we reached a very rustic but charming looking bistro on the water.

James smiled again as he led me through the entrance and said, "This is reputed to have the best seafood on the island." A woman dressed in a colourful caftan took us to our table which was situated by a palm tree and under a string of lights. Very charming.

However I was becoming wary again of the man. I had accepted his generosity of the climbing day, supposedly a thank you for my care of his injury but this was really too much. In fact, it was too much like a date and I didn't want that.

I had to ask, "James, why are we here?"

He chuckled and after a pause he asked, "Do you mean in an existential way, or simply why this restaurant or something else perhaps."

"Yes, something else."

"Okay. What if I simply wanted to enjoy your company a bit longer."

"You keep saying things like that but really, do you even like me?"

"Shannon, we wouldn't be here if I didn't like you." The server came at that moment and he asked if I would like some wine, which I agreed to. A bottle of red arrived shortly after. Not surprising, James's choice was very tasty.

After sipping the wine I felt emboldened to ask, "I know we've been through this before but on the beach that day you said you wanted to punish me somehow. But you scared me instead. Aren't there other ways to punish without doing what you did?" I was imaging him lying on top of me looking fiercely into my eyes on that crazy day that I feared I was about to be raped.

He cocked his head and asked, "Other ways? What were you thinking of?"

"I don't know, men have other ways right? Maybe you could have spanked me instead."

He sat up and looked at me intently. "Spanked you, really? So if you were to do something stupid again like try to get yourself killed on a down climb I should put you over my knee?" My face heated at where I had unintentionally led us. I wondered what that would be like, to be held down by this man and thrashed. My thighs on their own accord squeezed together and I felt a tremor in my womanhood. Oh shit!

I stammered out, "Umm well I would at least know it was punishment. Being spanked by a man would hurt but not be scary. Does that make any sense? And please don't think I want that. I'm just being hypothetical. I don't think I'd like to be thrashed. Would it be on my shorts or bare butt? Okay, okay I'm rambling. Lets just forget I mentioned spanking."

James threw his head back and roared with laughter - at me - making a fool of myself. He then looked directly at me and said straight, "If I ever have you with your butt without clothes there will be something else I will do with you, rest assured!" My blush turned even deeper I sensed and my legs squirmed.

"James, hold on. We are on a truce between previously warring parties - you and me, right. We can't be talking sex when we are miles away from that sort of thing."

"Shannon, what if I told you I was inches away and not miles."

"I'm not sure I would believe you James. When I confronted you at the beach party you called me bad names and suggested all women just wanted to fuck you. But you know that's not the case with me."

James sighed deeply once twice and then again. Finally he said, "I am ashamed of what I said. Getting to know you better I realize what a stupid crass thing to say. I ask that you somehow forgive me for what I said." At that point our meal arrived and we ate in silence for some time.

Finally I put down my fork and looked at him, "I accept your apology for the unkind words. I will write that apology into the truce. So are we good now?"

He smiled broadly at me and nodded his head. Why now did he have to be so good looking. Maybe it was the wine, the ambience, the great food and a wonderful day but I slid my hand across to his and covered it and squeezed.

On our way out to the beach and the car we were in a moonlit darkness. I moved closer to him as we walked and I felt his hand very tentatively take mine in his. I shook my head at how nice it felt to have this large masculine hand holding mine. Could this really be James the brooding and sometimes arrogant jerk holding my hand? Don't overthink it Shannon I told myself. Its dark and he is guiding you back. Yeah, really!

As we neared the rise to the car he stopped and turned towards me. Releasing my hand he ran his fingers up my arms to my shoulder where he began a light massage that moved onto the back of my neck. I felt him gently pulling my body towards his until I was pressed against his chest. Our thighs were touching and I was shivering and I couldn't sort out why. He bent down and lay his forehead on mine and I could feel his soft breath on my lips.

And then I think I lost my mind. I reached up and wrapped my fingers around his head and pulled him in for a kiss on the lips and I just exploded with lust. I licked his lips and nibbled at them and slid my tongue hungrily into this mouth searching out his. I was lost in a haze of arousal. I feverishly kissed him full on and I didn't hold anything back. And during all this I could feel his erection on my tummy and God did I want to take it in my hand. I was lost to desire.

Suddenly he backed off and held me by the shoulders. It seemed he gasped out, his voice hoarse, "Shannon, I want you and if we don't stop this now I cant tell what I will do. I want you so bad."

The shock of these words reverberated in my hormone addled brain and I suddenly grasped what I was doing. I had to stop and get away.

I cried out, "James I want to go back to my cabin please. I'm not ready for this. I don't know what I'm doing. Please, lets just go back to the boat."

And that's what we did.

********

Thanks for reading. Please remember to vote and leave a comment if you wish.

12