The Bachelorette's Secret Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mikki grabbed the rose. "Thank goodness. I've only got another hour in me, tops."

"You're going to have to make it three. We've still got the rose ceremony and exit interviews."

"I can't," Mikki sighed. "I can barely keep my eyes open and my feet are killing me."

Sarah dug into her pocket and pulled out an orange prescription bottle. She shook a white pill into her palm and offered it to Mikki. "Take this."

"What is it?" Mikki didn't do well with pills.

"Something to get you through the night."

"No thanks. I don't take other people's prescriptions."

"Fine, but you better find something to energize you. I need you to not look like crap right now." Sarah walked away, cursing at someone over a walkie-talkie.

Conversations with Sarah usually ended with Mikki feeling slightly offended. She subtly insulted her appearance, usually her make-up or clothing choices. Mikki prided herself on keeping her cool in most situations and she refused to let Sarah throw her off her game.

"Try not to take it personally," Steve said, popping up out of nowhere. "She may be a brilliant producer, but her social skills leave room for improvement."

Steve looked dashing in a navy blue Armani suit. His warm smile made her heart race faster than any pill. She'd feared things would be awkward after the kiss last night, but Steve was a complete gentleman. Neither of them had mentioned it and she preferred it that way. She needed to focus on the real reason she was here -- to find a husband -- and not on getting Steve into her bed.

A cameraman accompanied Steve. "We have to do a quick interview before you give out the First Impression Rose," he said, motioning for her to take a seat on the patio couch. He sat across from her, right beside the camera. "This is the first rose you'll give out on the show. What has the lucky guy done to deserve it?"

"Well, right out of the limo he impressed me," Mikki said, smiling. "He was confident, sexy and put in the effort to make a lasting impression right off the bat."

"And no one else was able to grab your attention?"

"Not like him."

"Ok, that should be good," he said to the cameraman.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Steve asked.

"Of course," Mikki said.

"Over here." He led her to a dark corner near the pool house, away from the lights and the cameras.

"About last night..." he started.

"Don't worry about it. We were both pretty drunk."

"I wasn't."

"What?"

"I wasn't drunk."

"Ok? I just mean to say, we should probably just forget about it."

"That's probably a good idea." Steve moved in. "You look breathtaking tonight."

"Steve, we shouldn't..." Mikki whispered.

"Shouldn't what?"

"You know..."

Steve's lips were on hers in a heartbeat. Mikki's head spun as he nipped and sucked and licked. Steve kissed her as though it were their first time all over again.

Mikki decided to just let go and let herself enjoy this little bit of happiness, knowing it couldn't last.

#

Dawn emerged as Mikki handed out the last rose. Not surprisingly, the First Impression Rose had gone to Ronnie. Steve could hardly comprehend how she could be interested in someone who was his polar opposite. He had to remind himself that Mikki wasn't his...yet. That last kiss had changed everything for him. He wanted her. And he planned to step over these twenty-three other guys to win her heart. He just needed to avoid getting fired in the process.

The shooting wrapped up and Mikki headed back to her hotel room, but not before hugging Steve goodbye. She was definitely into him.

"May the best man win," Ronnie said, slapping Steve on the back.

"Excuse me?" Steve asked.

"It's clear there's something going on between you two."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"Whatever, man. You may have gotten a head start, but I'm in it to win. And I never lose."

"Neither do I," Steve said, facing off with him.

"This should be fun then," Ronnie said.

Steve tightened his jaw. Game on.

12