The Bachelorette's Secret Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mikki felt tears come to her eyes, as he conveyed his love for her not only in his words but in the twinkle of his clear blue eyes. He really was in love with her.

"Well," her sister said. "If you don't marry him, I will."

A light laughter broke out at the table, her father and Ronnie the only two not joining in.

"It's time for dessert," Mikki said, making her way for the kitchen. She needed to breathe after Steve's heartfelt confession.

In the kitchen, she placed both hands onto the cool counter. Her body hummed with delight, pleasure...and fear. Steve had the ability to make her melt with just a few words and it was unsettling and exhilarating all at once.

"Neither one is right for you," her father said, joining her in the kitchen.

He stood on the other side of the counter, arms crossed, expression stern as usual. "Not right for the family."

Mikki had never been close to her father growing up. He was the disciplinarian in the family and took his duty seriously. She attributed her success as a lawyer to the hard lessons he'd given her a child, to never settle for anything but the best - best grades, best schools, best jobs. But one thing she wouldn't let him decide for her would be the best choice for a husband.

"The family isn't going to marry one of them, I am. And I can see either one of them as a husband." Who that would be in the end, she still had no clue.

"You do realize they're just using you, right? This whole process is a fantasy, a joke. These white men will build their careers off your back and you'll be left with nothing in the end. I've worked too hard to have you give this family a bad name." Her father spoke with a finality that both infuriated her and made her feel like the seven year-old girl who could never win his approval.

"With all due respect, Sir, you're wrong," Steve said, entering the kitchen and coming to stand by her side. "Mikki has the highest approval ratings of any Bachelorette in the history of the show. And that's entirely due to her ability to make all of America want to know and become her. I realize I don't come close to deserving her, but if she chooses me, I want to become the man who deserves a woman as singularly phenomenal as her."

"Steve," she said, at a loss for words, which was usually the case when he touched the deepest parts of her.

"Well said, Son," her father said. She caught the smallest of smiles on his face before he returned to the dining room. When was the last time she'd seen him smile?

Steve exhaled, laughing to himself. "I must really love you to actually look forward to having that man as a father-in-law."

Mikki laughed with him, letting the tension of the strenuous day melt away.

#

"Do it," Steve said, standing outside of his hotel room.

"Are you sure?" Sarah asked from the other side of the phone.

He radiated with anger, wishing he could get his hands on the man who'd put the woman he loved in harm's way. "Phillip deserves a lot worse."

"Okay. But he'll likely take us to court."

"His career will be over, that's what matters."

Phillip had been behind the entire Peter fiasco. From baiting the man into finding Mikki to convincing one of the security guards to provide the gun, promising no one would get hurt.

Sarah's research had revealed Phillip's ties to an active white supremacist group and she planned to send the information to the press, as well as the police. Only Steve's concern for Mikki's safety kept him from acting on his rage and taking that trash out physically.

"I've been waiting years to push him out. His behavior with past Bachelorettes has been less than respectable, but I never had the means to take him down until now," Sarah said.

"Thank you, for being there for Mikki."

"I did this for the both of you. You two deserve to be happy."

"I appreciate that," Steve said, knowing how much it took for her to offer her best wishes. "Now I just have to convince this woman to marry me."

"I doubt it will be as hard as you think. Have a good night, Steve."

"You too, boss."

Sarah chuckled. "Not yet, but soon."

Steve ended the call, smiling to himself. Sarah would make an excellent Executive Producer and he looked forward to working closely with her as a producer in his own right.

Steve slipped his key card into the lock, opening his hotel room door to find Mikki sprawled out on his bed in the skimpiest lingerie he'd ever seen in his life.

"Mikki," he gasped as the door slammed shut behind him.

"You're late," she said, her movements painfully seductive as she rose from the bed and stalked his way. "And I hate to be kept waiting."

Steve gulped, his eyes taking in the black lace thong and matching see-through bra displaying the taut brown nipples that made his mouth water.

She greeted him with a deep kiss, her wet tongue stirring his manhood. He moaned as she flicked open the top button of his jeans.

His hands gripped her thighs, slowly moving back to massage her naked ass.

"Yes," she whispered into his mouth. Her hand slid down his abs before sliding into his boxer briefs, her slender fingers wrapping around his painfully hard cock.

"Wait," Steve breathed, grabbing her wrist. "We shouldn't do this."

"Why not?" Mikki asked, giving his dick a light squeeze.

"Tomorrow," he said, at the same time rolling his tongue along that sensitive spot on her neck. "The proposal. We should wait."

Mikki chuckled. "It's not like this would be our first time."

Steve used the last of his resolve to remove her hand from his pants. "I want to do this right."

Mikki rolled her eyes. "I want you. What's wrong with that?"

"I want you to give me more than just your body, Mikki. I want your heart. I want you to want to marry me."

She moved away, taking her warmth with her. "What kind of game are you playing? You don't want to fuck me now?"

Steve cringed at her use of such an impersonal term. He'd never thought of their lovemaking as casual. "I think you're upset about your dad and this isn't the way to deal with those feelings."

From her expression, he could tell the mood had flown miles away, maybe never to be seen again.

"Fine," she said, snatching up a trench coat.

Steve bit his bottom lip, trying to keep himself from laying her on the bed and sinking his still hard cock into the warm paradise between her thighs. Her anger only made him want her more. But he needed to make sure she chose him for the right reasons and he didn't want sex to get in the way of that.

She slipped into black, four-inch Louboutins and passed him by without another glance. As she opened the door he said, "Tell me you trust me enough to choose me."

She stopped, her back to him. It felt like an eternity before she finally said, "Goodbye, Steve."

#

Mikki took another deep breath, hoping the crisp air would help to settle her nerves and her stomach.

She wanted to bury her head in the sand when she thought about the temper tantrum she'd pulled with Steve last night. But she'd been slightly drunk and extremely aroused and he'd had the gall to turn her down. It was only natural that she would fly into a horny rage.

Mikki ran her hands over the delicate embroidery of her ivory dress, the chiffon blowing lightly in the warm breeze. They were back at the mansion, where it had all started. She stood in the driveway, the same as the first night, awaiting the arrival of her future husband.

A black limo pulled up and Mikki tried to remember the cameras were on her, so she wouldn't completely lose it. The back door of the limo opened and Steve stepped out.

Tears welled in Mikki's eyes as she admired the man who'd won her heart. He wore a black wool tuxedo that fit his lean figure like a second skin. His blue eyes sparkled as he met her.

"You're so beautiful, Mikki," he said, almost in a whisper. His glassy eyes were full of admiration and a sprinkle of fear.

"You too." She hugged him, breathing in the aroma of wool and the spicy cologne she'd come to love.

Steve took both of her hands in his. "I've been the host of this show for thirteen years. I've seen the beginning and end of love and became even more of a skeptic after my own marriage failed. You changed everything for me."

Mikki let the tears flow, hoping her makeup could withstand the deluge. Steve bent down on one knee and removed a small black box from his pocket. He opened the box to reveal a sparkling diamond ring that had to be at least three carats.

"It took me a while to admit the real reason I wanted you on this show - I wanted you for myself. I've always wanted to be the man you chose to marry. You showed me the rules were worth breaking and being able to be here with you now, was worth the risk. You made me believe in true love again and I hope to do the same for you. Mikki, will you marry me?"

Overcome by his words, Mikki could only look down at him, taking in the sight of this man offering himself to her. "Steve, it's only ever been you. From the first day we met. I think we've always been destined for each other, but it took this show to finally bring us together. I want to build the rest of my life with the only man my heart responds to. I want a family with the man I love more than words can convey. Yes, I'll marry you."

Steve kissed her hand before sliding the ring onto her finger. He stood, taking her in her arms and kissing her like his life depended on it.

"I love you," he said, swiping away her tears.

"I love you too," she said, kissing him, wanting to taste him again. She lowered her voice, "And if you ever withhold that dick from me again, your ass is mine."

Steve chuckled. "Yes, ma'am. What's mine is yours."

12