The Beast and the Butterfly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ShelbyDawn57
ShelbyDawn57
1,385 Followers

Tommy even called Sarah and woke her up. Well, really, someone named Connie answered the phone, but Sarah wasn't too hard for Connie to find. I held Tommy's hand as he told her the whole story, starting with how much he had missed her and how sorry he was for not standing up for her when she had needed him. She reminded hm that he had only been, what, eight, at the time and it was ok. It wasn't his fault. Any of it.

He told her about his scholarship and that he had a good chance to start as a true freshman, what had happened over the summer, what had happened with their parents when he chose to come support me, and what was happening now. I held Tommy close as he and Sarah cried together over the phone and smiled with him when she promised to come see him play this fall when UCLA came to town.

Sarah asked to talk to me. "You take care of my little brother, OK. He's all the family I have. I can't wait to meet you. I think we have a lot to talk about."

"I will, Sarah, don't worry about Tommy. I plan to make sure he's well taken care of. I promise. I'll see you when you come in for the game." I handed the phone back to Tommy and he put it on speaker.

"I love you, Sarah. Tell Connie, I said I'm sorry for waking you guys up."

"I love you, too Tommy. Charly sounds like a very special girl. You take care of her. And I'll let Connie know you're sorry as soon as we both stop crying."

We said goodnight to Sarah and could hear her break down again as the call disconnected.

My mom started gathering the cups from the cocoa, "It's six in the morning. We should all go..."

"Who wants pancakes?" My dad cut her off. The vote was unanimous. It always was.

We had finished our pancakes and Tommy and I had just crawled into bed and were trying to figure out the best way to cuddle when my phone rang. It was Anne. No hello, No good morning, nothing. "So, who got home first? You or your parents?"

"Hi Anne. I'm really tired." I rolled my eyes at Tommy and we both muffled a laugh. "Last night was a really long night. What do you want again?"

"Did you beat your mom and dad home last night, or not?" She asked emphatically.

"Um, no. Anne, what is going on?"

"Mary, you're making breakfast! I told you so." Anne shouted, "nothing sweetie. Get some sleep and oh, before I forget, call Mary's office and make an appointment when you wake up. She wants to make sure you didn't break anything last night. Hi, Tommy. Love you both. Bye."

Click.

I Loved Anne.

Epilogue

Tommy and I figured out the cuddling thing and a lot more over the next three days before he had to leave for two-a-days. What happened upstairs in the Baxter house, stayed there. I had to start watching my language as certain 'new' words had crept into my vocabulary. Tommy never did move out. I think we all liked it that way.

I did make that appointment with Mary and nothing had been broken, in fact, everything had performed exactly as she had expected it to. Anne is, well Anne. I still call her every day. She and Mary got married and I got to be Anne's maid of honor. I can only think of one time I had more fun picking out a dress to wear.

I moved into the girl's dorm a few weeks later with a girl named Rachel. She had been briefed on my condition and was fine with it. We quickly became best friends. She would end up going to medical school and did her specialization in plastic surgery and gender assignment with Mary.

Tommy didn't get to start but came into the UCLA game in the fourth quarter when our quarterback broke his arm. He played like the team belonged to him and took us down the field twice to steal the game from the Bruins. He never lost the starting job and ended up getting drafted in the second round by The Dallas Cowboys.

I met Sarah and we talked a long time about transitioning and the difficulties and the challenges and the rewards. I never did figure out if I qualified as gay or not and decided that stuff like that doesn't really matter if you're with someone you love. Sarah and Connie came to visit for Christmas that year, and we all had a wonderful time.

Tommy and I both graduated a semester early. He, of course was moving to Dallas. I graduated with honors, Suma Cum Laude, this time, and got offers from graduate schools all over the country. I chose one from TCU, so I could stay with Tommy. It didn't hurt that they have a world-class Biology department. In a few years, I would be Dr. Charlette Evette Baxter, or maybe Ryan, but that would be telling.

Tommy and I split the difference and bought a house in one of the bedroom communities half way between Dallas and Ft. Worth. We closed on the house in April and Tommy took me out to celebrate at a steak house called 'H3 Ranch' in a place called The Stockyards. The steaks were perfection. I thought about how at home Uncle George would have been and for a second, even thought I saw him across the restaurant.

When the waitress brought out our desert, a huge slice of New York style cheesecake with two forks, I was suddenly surrounded by people. It had been Uncle George I saw. Sue and the twins were with him. So were my mom and dad, Anne and Mary, Sarah and Connie, Rachel, and even Abby. I looked at Tommy stunned. "How did you pull this off without me knowing?"

Tommy dropped to one knee, looking up at me nervously. "Charly," he started. Holding a small box in front of him.

I didn't let him finish. "Absolutely, yes!" I took his hand and knelt with him, "that would make me the happiest woman in the world." I said softly.

He slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me passionately. The entire restaurant erupted in applause and we were smothered in hugs and kisses from our family. I never got to eat my cheese cake.

Oh, before I forget, that one dress that I had more fun picking out than the bridesmaid dress for Anne and Mary's wedding, my mom helped put it on this morning. It is stunning. I can't wait to see Tommy's face when he sees me in it for the first time. I watch nervously as Anne starts down the aisle in front of me. My dad takes my arm. Tommy is so handsome in his tux and his face literally beams as he waits for me to join him, my grandmother's, grandmother's ring in his pocket. I look at my dad, he gives me that 'We got this' smile. Uncle George motions for everyone to stand as the organist begins to play Pachelbel's Canon in D Major.

Two perfect days in one lifetime, what girl can ask for more than that?

ShelbyDawn57
ShelbyDawn57
1,385 Followers