The Bodyguard

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She's scowling. "I don't want you sleeping with anyone else."

The way she says it pulls at the deep hunger just below my stomach. If only I could say the same to her. It would save me a lot of sleepless nights. I clear my throat. "I am your bodyguard. I will do what I want in my personal life. Don't push it." I also cross my arms.

"Sophie," Her tone turns sweeter. Her eyes begin to plead. She runs her tongue against her pouty lips.

I sigh. "Kayla, don't." This is more than I signed up for. "You sleep with half a dozen girls a week. I don't understand." Why me, I want to ask. But what if I am reading all of this wrong?

"I'll stop." She throws her hands up. "I won't do it anymore."

I shake my head. "That's not what I'm..."

"I will do whatever you want me to. Just promise me you won't sleep with anyone." She wraps her arms around herself.

I put a couple of feet between us. It is so hard to think when all I dive deep into those bright blue eyes.

"Do you have any siblings?" She moves on to the couch.

I stand by the door feeling uncomfortable. What is she doing? "I have an older brother."

"What is he like?" She takes a sip of her drink. Her robe falls further off her shoulder. I want to walk across the room and cover her up but I don't trust myself at the moment. I can't believe this girl has me sweating.

"We don't talk much. He is a conservative Christian. Having a lesbian sister has practically made me invisible to him." Why am I telling her this? Not a lot of people know anything about my personal life and that is how I prefer it.

"I'm an only child." She crosses her legs and leans forward.

My eyes fall to the exposed swell of her breast. I shake my head.

What did I do to end up here? I've never been in this type of situation before. None of the training I have done has prepared me for this. I need to put as much distance between us as I can. I can't have her asking about my parents, adoptive or biological ones. I don't need anyone pitying me. Especially not her.

"Get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow."

***

The seed has been planted.

I groan and turn around. Kayla is getting a spray tan from Ronnie and she's taking off her black bra. I have been thinking about her promise to me. She is not going to sleep with another girl. And all she wants in return is for me to do the same. Why does that make me feel warm? My cheeks heat up again. I've never had someone come off so strong and upfront. I've also avoided getting too close to anyone in a romantic way. Caring is scary, depending on another person is scary. Being alone is safe, comfortable, and sets any risks aside. I don't see what the allure of having anyone else in your life, besides family, in my case my father, and a best friend.

The door opens up and I turn to see Brady walk in. Kayla has her bra back on and looks at me for a second. Her blue eyes are so dazzling. If I stare too long, I feel this pull in my chest. It scares the living shit out of me. Brady goes over the schedule for the day: Music video, interview, dinner with some producers. These last couple of days have been packed with studio time, dance rehearsals, award ceremonies, I wonder how she does it. And alone I might add. Kayla looks like the type of person who needs someone there, emotionally at least. I can see her sometimes teetering between pretending not to care and caring too much. It has to be exhausting. Her mother calls in to check up on her sometimes but the calls have been less frequent lately. Her father is still on his yacht somewhere. She has to feel alone.

Ronnie's assistant comes in with another person carrying makeup cases, accessories, jewelry, shoes, and clothing. I'm standing by the window caught in the middle of looking at Kayla as she tries on multiple things and looking away so they don't catch me gawking. I will never work for another popstar as long as I live.

Once she has chosen her tight pink dress and red heels Ronnie starts to do her makeup. Kayla catches me looking at her from her mirror and blushes. I turn away again, fuck. If only I didn't let her get in my head. This girl is going to get me in trouble. Why am I letting some senseless words ring in my head over and over again? Maybe I just need to sleep with someone. It has been a couple of months now. I'm sure I can find someone willing, just one night, get it out of my system and move on. Will I be able to kiss them without thinking of her? Touch them without wishing it was her?

"We're ready for her." Brady looks up from his phone.

Kayla puts on some jewelry and turns to look at me. I walk past her to open the door before saying something stupid.

We're on the roof of a building, there is a helicopter and a lot of people running around with cameras and electronic equipment. I see Jeremy standing across the room and nod his way. Some guy dressed in a white shirt, black jeans and a ton of chains walks up to Kayla. His hands wrap around her waist and he kisses her very close to her mouth. She yells his name and wraps her arms around him. It takes me a while to realize they're both going to be in the music video. After a couple of minutes everyone takes their place and they stand in front of the helicopter.

The time drags on, I don't think I have ever wanted something to end as soon as it started. His hands are all over her. I have to cross my arms and put on my shades. He basically gropes her as she dances around him and the crowded is eating it up. The producer is yelling words of encouragement, her dancers are hyping her up, and I see heads bobbing. They change two more times and shoot the next two scenes at an abandoned warehouse and some rich person's home. It's not easy hiding my annoyance, Kayla doesn't seem to notice and happily let's him do whatever he wants with her. Why does she do it? Does she like the attention, does she not care how it makes her look? She seems to be enjoying it so who am I to stop her?

God, if his hand lands on her ass one more time...

***

A week later I wake up to a knocking on my door. Kayla stands out there in her running shorts and white tank top. Her pink nipples visible. Mike is behind her shrugging.

"Dude," I want to reprimand Mike. He has to stand up to her. She can't go around waking people up because she feels like it. It has to be late right now.

"You told me to call you or walk with her, you didn't answer your phone so here I am." He looks tired.

"I need to come in." She looks tired too. There are dark circles around her eyes. Even then she still looks kissable. Oh, fuck this is bad. I've been so good at staying out of her way and ignoring the looks that she gives me. I've tried not to think too much about her perky ass or the fact that she hasn't slept with any other girl since her outburst two weeks ago. I have to tread lightly or all of this could be ruined. My brain is moving slower than I want it to.

I look back at the clock to see it is past three in the morning. I have two hours before I'm supposed to relieve Mike. "Kayla, I need to rest for tonight." It is going to be one of her bigger shows, thousands of fans, heavy security presence. I need to be on high alert not sleep deprived and distracted.

She lets herself in, Mike waits for my instructions. "Stay here." I tell him.

She walks over to the bed, kicks off her shoes and pulls the sheets back. So, she wants to lay in bed while she talks to me? I try to rub some of the sleepiness off my face.

"Are you coming?" Her body is turned away from me.

"I thought you wanted to talk."

"I can't sleep and since I can't sleep with anyone, I think you'll do just fine."

I groan. She is impossible.

I find myself reopening the door and telling Mike to leave. He has a stupid smirk on his face but it is quickly replaced by a frown when I give him a glare.

I need to drag her out of here. Walking around the bed to her side I prepare to be met with push back. Instead I hear her light snores. Her mouth is slightly open and her jaw is slack. Her long lashes brush against the top of her cheeks. I remove the pony tail from her head so she doesn't wake up with a headache. Not thinking anything through I lay on top of the sheets next to her.

***

"Come in." Brady's low rumble is heard through the door.

I walk in and stand directly in front of his desk. He offers me a seat but I politely decline.

"This will be quick, I just wanted to remind you about the two nights I requested off when we first started the tour." I place both hands on each side of my body to stop from fidgeting. I need to look relaxed. I cannot let him know how important these next two days would be for me. While Kayla's show last night went great, I often found myself distracted in the way her hips swayed or the way she hugged one of the dancers close to her body. Her small smiles as she walked back stage that she meant only for me started to make me dizzy. When she knocked on my door last night and Mike pretended to wait for my orders, I knew I was getting sucked in too deep. I need to clear my head.

"Oh yes," He looks down at the phone and taps on the screen. "Your friend's birthday is tomorrow. Well as long as you made plans for your team to follow for the next two days, you're good to go." He seems to want to say something else but stops himself.

"Thank you. After the show tonight I will catch my flight then I will be back Monday morning."

I'm in my hotel room packing up the last of my essentials. I will head home tonight, spend the day with Lucy tomorrow and meet the team back in New York the day after. I open my laptop again and double check my itinerary. I feel guilty for not telling Kayla but I'm hoping someone will tell her tomorrow after I am long gone. Her concert tonight had been one of the best. The fans loved her, her outfits and makeup were ideal for the songs she sang, and I could tell her really let herself have fun. When she invited all the groupies back to her room, I felt an unfamiliar feeling creep into my chest. It felt heavy and made me uncomfortable. So, what if she wanted to celebrate with liquor and girls? I had a plane to catch. It was not easy getting Paul to make up some dumb excuse as to why I had to skip out on the after party.

"Sophie!" Kayla's voice booms outside my door. There is loud banging and more yelling.

I look at the clock. I need to be out of here in the next fifteen minutes.

I open the door and am greeting with a slap in the face. My training takes over and I grab her hands instantly. I have to refrain from dropping her or twisting her arm and hurting her. Small fists start to pound against my chest. Kayla is cursing up a storm while Paul has his arms wrapped around her waist. Some people open their doors to see what the commotion is.

I grab her by her wrists and yank her out of Paul's hands and into my room. The door slams in his face.

"So, you're just going to leave me!" She starts to push against my chest. I feel my own anger on the verge of boiling over. I try to control my breathing. "I knew you would do that!" Her angry words start to sound more wounded and I finally notice the unshed tears in her eyes. Her struggles turn weaker and she finally pulls away from me and puts some space between us. I have to stop my body from leaning into her. Any space between us feels wrong. "Why?" She demands. Her dark red dress is bunched up around her hips and the thin straps are falling off her shoulders. Her small feet dig into the carpet. Where are her shoes? Her breasts look like they're ready to fall out of her dress.

I shake my head and brush my bangs out of my eyes. "Kayla I am an adult I can go visit my friend for her birthday if that is what I want to do. I cleared it with Brady months ago."

"No! You work for me and I order you not to leave." Her bottom lip begins to tremble.

"I will be back Monday morning." I ignore her irrational orders. This sounds more serious to her than it actually is. Maybe I should have been honest from the beginning. Why was I scared to tell her I was leaving for a couple of days? My cheek begins to sting from the slap; that's why I didn't tell her. She is crazy.

She crosses her arms and continues to pout.

I want to kiss her soft pink lips and put her at ease.

Her eyes land on my lips as well.

"I need to go before I miss my flight." I check my watch. I am cutting it close.

"You'll be back?" She looks so vulnerable. I almost give in and promise to give her anything she wants. Her big blue eyes are so endearing. And this is why I need to go.

She gets closer and ignores how my body stiffens when she wraps her arms around me. "Just hurry back."

***

"Sophie, hello..." Lucy is waving a breadstick in my face. "Where is your head?" She is chuckling under her breath.

I'm pulled back to the dinner table in this small restaurant. The white table cloth has a small wet stain from the condensation dripping from my cup. There is a low hum of conversations swirling through the air. The lights are dim and the small candle between us burns low. Waiters walk back and forth trying to keep all of their tables happy.

I clear my throat. "I'm sorry Lucy." I want to make up some dumb excuse about work and being tired but I have never felt more well rested. Sleeping next to Kayla puts my body at ease. She's right next to me all soft and warm. I don't have to wonder if the security guard outside her door is going to properly defend her if she is threatened.

"You're doing it again."

My mouth dries. We've been at this fancy restaurant for the last hour and a half and I have had a lot of trouble focusing on our conversation. I am just itching to get back to her. I checked my phone earlier for any calls or texts but everyone has been good about leaving me alone. I know her concert is about halfway through right now. She's probably wearing her fishnet stockings, purple shorts, black crop top and her hair is flowing around as she moves across the stage.

"What is it like working with Kayla?" Lucy finally catches my attention.

My cheeks begin to burn and I get a tingly sensation on the tip of my fingers. "Oh, you know, spoiled brat who always gets her way." Hurt little girl who is going through a tough time alone. Well not fully alone, she's come to me.

"Is it true she sleeps with a lot of girls?" Lucy's green eyes are smiling at me. Her short blonde hair makes her look younger. Lucy is a bit older than me, she used to bartend at one of my favorite bars near the campus where we studied. We never had any classes together but we became really close when I spent half my time at that bar. She's now married with two kids, living a perfectly normal life. "I heard she takes a different one to bed every night."

I beat down the heavy feeling in chest again. "I don't know. My job is just to get her from point A to point B safely."

Something about my answer make Lucy give me a look. "She is very pretty. Big blue fuck-me eyes. Perfect tight little body..."

"Lucy," I get serious. I fiercely want to protect Kayla, defend her from people who only see her as a celebrity and not a person. I know Lucy means no harm but I want to tell her that Kayla is mine. That she did sleep with other girls but not anymore. That her perfect tight little body sleeps next to me almost every night. But for the sake of not sounding insane I take the easy way out. The less scary way. "It's not like that."

She bangs her head against the table. "I knew it! Oh my God! Sophie! She's like so young! But I mean she is gorgeous."

I bury my head in my hands I knew I couldn't keep it a secret from Lucy. She is so good at picking up on my lies. Not that I've ever had to lie. My friendship with Lucy has been solid throughout the years. "We haven't done anything. You know I take my job seriously."

She gives me a fake smile. "Oh yes, but that doesn't mean you don't want to."

"Well, I can't." And I do. I take a big gulp of my rum and coke. There, I admitted it. Why don't I feel any better? Because this just makes my job harder.

Her soft hand leans over the table until it covers mine. "Well, what are you going to do?"

"Nothing." My head snaps up. "The job is almost done. Then I'll be looking for something else to do."

This stops her short. "You mean you won't pursue her?"

"She's a spoiled little girl who has other people falling over themselves every night to take her into bed."

She frowns. "Well, have you told her how you feel? How does she feel about you?"

"Lucy can we please drop this? I am not sleeping with her and I don't want to talk about it anymore." The walls are starting to close in on me.

She puts her hands up. "Fine, but let me say this," She leans in further until she is making eye contact with me. "I've never seen you like this. There is this look in your eye as soon as I mentioned her name. You really care. Even with Rebecca you always kept your distance and were lukewarm towards her. But okay we won't talk about it until you're ready. You know you can call me any time and I'll be there."

***

I am one of the last ones to get off the plane.

My neck hurts and my body feels stiff. I just need to get to the hotel where the rest of the team is staying and sleep until tomorrow morning. That's when they expected me back anyways. I try to pretend that I didn't just catch an earlier flight to be back sooner and see Kayla. What if she is with groupies? What if she decided to go out and drink? Either way I am back and I need sleep.

After getting out of the taxi I nod to John who is posted near the entrance. He looks surprised to see me back but he just nods back. I'm sure Mike will fill me in on how everything has been since I've been gone. The lady at the front desk gives me my set of keys with a little too much enthusiasm for someone working a late shift.

It's almost midnight. I see Jeremy in the hall when I get off the elevator. I do a double take when I see him standing outside my door.

"Hey," I shake his hand and he moves aside so I can open the door. "What are you doing here?"

He has a smirk on his face and then it hits me. My heartbeat accelerates and my hands begin to sweat.

I quietly close the door behind me. And there she is. Her small body barely taking up any space on the large bed. She is sleeping on her side, facing away from the door. Her body is pulled in close. I set my bag down on the floor and walk over to her side. She has a braid holding her hair away from her face. Her soft pink lips are slightly parted. Her ivory skin glows in the dark. Her finger twitches and she shifts slightly. I hold my breath.

She mumbles something then turns over.

I remove my clothes and put on some shorts and a t-shirt. I take a shower, brush my teeth, brush my hair, and give myself one last look before heading to bed. I stay on top of the sheets and watch her shoulders move slightly as she breathes in and out. My heart is soaring. This is better than anything I could have expected. She's here in my room. She had no idea I would be here tonight and yet she sought me out even when I was gone. There is a thin strand of hair falling across her face. I very carefully use my forefinger to brush is aside. She begins to wake.

"Soph?" Her voice is thick with sleep.

"Shh, go back to sleep." I whisper. My heart flutters.

"You're back." Her eyes open slightly. The moonlight coming in from the window lights up the room enough for me to see the outline of her face.

"We'll talk tomorrow morning."

"How is your friend?" She places both of her hands under her cheek. Her eyes still drooping.

"Good. How was your concert?" I'm still whispering.

"Good." She licks her lips. "Is your friend pretty?"

I want to chuckle. "Yes."

She shifts. Her body wants to get closer to me but she is too tired to move. "Oh."

"She is also married and has two beautiful kids." I give in. I can't have her upset with me for too long.