The BodyGuard Bk. 02 - Retribution

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The smell of coffee filled the air. She went over a grabbed herself a cup and sat at the table. Luca entered the room a few minutes later. They looked at each other then there was a knock on the door. Luca frowned as he turned towards the door. He leaned against it. Listening.

"It's me." Tom said.

Luca opened the door and let him in. As soon as Tom walked into the room, he could feel the tension between the two of them. He cleared his throat.

"How did everything go?" he asked.

"When can I leave?" Kay asked.

"What?"

"I'm tired of hiding. I am healed, my shoulder is fine now and everything is healed accept my memories." She looked at Luca.

"It's dangerous for you out there." Luca said.

"Well maybe out there I can draw in what you're looking for. Maybe I will gain some more memories. You did tell me I have property somewhere." She looked at them.

"That's where you were shot Kay. I don't think you should go back there." Luca said.

"Well since I can't remember then it means nothing. Right Mr. Brasia?"

Tom cleared his throat. It was almost like old Kay and Luca duking it out.

"We can't hold you here Kay. But it's for your best interest."

"You can't let her go Tom." Luca was getting angry.

"If you don't tell me where my property is, I guess I will have to find it on my own." she turned and went to leave.

Luca grabbed her arm and spun her around. The look on her face broke his heart.

A flash back hit Kay. A flash of being grabbed and hit. She gasped as she stared at nothing and reached for her face. The events unfolded. She knew it was Sonny. Her breathing became elevated. The images and sounds of her crying. His screaming voice. She started shaking. Tears started to flow.

"Kay, Kay." Luca called her name.

Tom was standing right beside him.

"She is remembering something." Tom softly said.

"I know but it doesn't look good. Kay?"

Kay started to blink as she heard the men talking. She shook her head and then looked directly at Luca. "Let go of me." She said and pulled her arm away.

Luca realized he had a hold of her. He let her go.

"What did you remember Kay?"

Kay cleared her throat. She pulled herself together. She saw the concern look in both men's eyes.

"A fight with Sonny." she looked up at Luca.

"Don't ever put your hands on me again." she hissed.

Luca looked confused and stepped back. He remembered Kay telling him he used to hit her. He remembered the look on her face when he grabbed her before and she recovered quickly. This time she told him never to touch her again. His heart is breaking, but his mind has been made up. She deserves better than what he can give. He cleared his throat. His voice was raspy.

"As you wish Ms. Corleone." he knew that would hurt her.

"It's Adams now. Remember that!" Kay said as she glared at him.

She spun around and headed for her room.

"That went well. What the hell happened here last night?" Tom looked confused.

"Nothing!" Luca retorted.

"If this is too much for you Luca..."

"No! I will see this through. Then I will be on my way. I will not leave this case unsolved. Ms. Adams will just have to suffer me being around. When this is over, we both can go our separate ways."

"You're not going to try and get back together?" Tom questioned.

"She deserves better. She deserves to be happy. My life has too many secrets for her. She said that herself. She can't trust me because of Sonny."

"But you two love each other."

"It doesn't matter anymore." Luca let out a deep breath.

Kay held back her tears as she heard them speak. Luca and she did love each other. She knew it. She had to figure things out herself. Now that she knew she did have a love, she wanted more than anything to remember.

Chapter 4

Luca had his friends had Kay's place in the country staked out. It was hard for him to go back there he remembered everything. He retraced his steps from that night. Remembering where Kay was shot. He stood on the porch and looked in the direction the bullet came from. 'How could they have he gotten so close?' he thought. He knew Sal was in the house when the ambush started. He saw Moe and Peter walking up the drive. 'But where was Paulie?' He searched his memory. He couldn't remember seeing Paulie.

"Luca!" he heard Sal call. He looked up and saw his friends walking towards him. He had to find out where Paulie was that night.

"We checked out everything. It seems no one has been here since the investigation was over." Paulie said.

"Did you find anymore out about Virgil or Connie?"

"Yes, I did." Sal replied. "Let's go in and I will fill you in."

"In a moment."

"What's up?" Paulie looked at Mitch.

"I am trying to play the events over in my mind. Kay was standing here when the shot rang out. I was at the car helping them get Carlo in. He was giving the police trouble..."

"I was standing here." Sal said as he went and stood in the doorway.

"Peter and I were walking up the drive when we heard it." Moe said

"I was talking to Tom when we heard it." Paulie said.

Luca felt so relieved he didn't want to think any of his friends were involved. His mind was messing with him. He wasn't thinking clearly. He looked back up in the direction the shot came from.

"How could Sonny have gotten so close without being noticed?" he asked them.

"Did Sonny say anything?" Sal cleared his throat.

"There wasn't time. He just said Barzin."

Everyone nodded and stood for a few more minutes. All of them replaying the events.

"How is Kay?" Sal asked.

Luca half smiled. "Stubborn." He paused. "Let's go in." He turned and they followed him into the house.

**********

"Are you sure you want to go back to the farm house Kay?" Tom asked.

"Yes, it might help with my memory."

"But it's dangerous."

"Listen Tom, I am tired of losing. I even lost my memory. I want to know why this happened to me. Who wanted to get rid of me and why? I knew Sonny did, but he is dead. How can you be sure there is someone else out there?" she said.

Tom didn't want to tell Kay everything, yet.

"It's just the way things happened Kay. The pieces don't fit."

"In other words, you don't know for sure."

He drew in a deep breath. "Yes Kay."

"But there is more that you're not telling me. Maybe a big drug dealer you want to catch."

"How did you know that?" He looked surprised.

Kay pointed to her head. "Flash back."

"When?"

"This morning."

"Do you remember anything else?"

"Sorry, no."

But she did and she wasn't saying. Tom knew she wasn't telling him everything, but he didn't want to push her.

"Well are you ready?"

"Ready as I will ever be." Kay smiled.

"Let's go than,"

This was the first time Kay has been out of the safe house. She drew in a deep breath of fresh air when she stepped out the door. She smiled as she felt the sun shining on her.

"I am so glad I am out of that place!"

"Let's get going."

Tom escorted her to the car. He opened the door and she slid in. He went to the driver's side and got in.

"Luca and his friends have secured your house."

"Friends?"

"Yes, I am sure you will meet them all again."

"So, I met them already?"

"Yes."

"Hmm hard to imagine that man has friends."

Tom chuckled. "They are very loyal friends. It was like pulling teeth for me to get them to find Luca..."

Kay swung her head and looked over at him. "What?"

"Damn!"

"Tell me. Please. I know Luca and I had a relationship. I can feel it. I can see it in him. Why does everyone try and hide it?"

"It's difficult."

"This is difficult. I want to know."

Tom looked over at her. He saw desperation.

"Okay Kay. Luca has worked on many cases with me. A lot of them involved women. He always stayed professional. He is damn good at what he does. But when he saw you, I saw sparks fly. I never saw Luca so infatuated with a woman before. He would tease you to get your dander up." Tom paused with a smile on his face.

"Tom?"

"Oh sorry, as I was saying. Luca fell head over heels for you. Even though he tried to fight it he couldn't. And you fell for him. But you were afraid because of what Sonny did. Both of you were always trying to get under each other's skin. It was a sight to watch, but I guess that's what love's about. Luca never has been in love before. So, we ribbed him about it. When you were shot and we thought you were dead he just disappeared. When I learned you were still alive, I tried to get a hold of him, but I couldn't find him. I knew that his friends knew where he was, but they weren't talking. They respected him enough to let him mourn for you. Now..."

"Now what?"

"He loves you so much Kay. But he knows he is not the man for you. He knows you can't trust him."

"Why would he say that?"

"Because you told him that when you were in the hospital."

She looked at him funny.

"The car chase, when you got kidnapped and Luca saved you?"

"Sorry I don't remember."

"Anyway, you told him you could never trust a man that had so many secrets. So now even though he loves you more than anything, he feels it's only right to let you live your life and be happy. Even if that means he's out of the picture."

"He would sacrifice his happiness just so I could be happy?" Tears filled her eyes.

"Yes Kay. He feels you deserve better. Well, we're here."

Tom pulled up to the house. Kay didn't even know how they got there. She wasn't paying attention. She was listening to Tom. They both got out of the car. Luca, Sal, Moe, Peter and Paulie were standing on the porch. Luca was in the middle.

"Oh, My, God!" she gulped.

The sight of all of them standing there would be a force not to be reckoned with.

"I am sure you will be safe." Tom chuckled.

They stopped at the foot of the porch.

"You never left me, did you Luca?" she asked him.

Everyone looked at her.

"You remember?" Luca said softly.

Kay nodded.

"A flash of memory."

"Let's go in." Tom quickly said.

Kay was hesitant. Tom put his hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay. They look scarier than they are."

Sal chuckled.

Kay took a deep breath and started up the steps. The men separated and let her walk in. She went to the kitchen and stood. She turned around to take in her surroundings. Everyone was staring at her. "I ah..."

"Kay this is Sal, Moe, Peter, Paulie."

She smiled at all of them. They nodded to her as Luca said their names.

"I wish I could remember you guys." She said with a halfhearted smile.

They all looked ferocious. And she was a little timid of them. They all were so tall and muscular. They had experience written all over them. She knew she was in good hands.

"Well I am hungry." Peter said trying to make things more comfortable as he walked past Kay.

"Not pizza and spaghettio's?" she asked.

Peter stopped and turned. He smiled at her. "Ever try it?"

"I heard it was good." she smiled back than looked at Tom. He nodded.

"Kay has been having all kinds of flashes. We are confident her memory will return soon."

He glanced at Luca and his face had a hard look to it. No emotion Tom knew he was blocking his feelings out.

"That's good to hear Kay." Moe said as he to glanced at Luca. There was no reaction from him.

"Well shall we give you a tour?" Luca cleared his throat.

"Sure." she nodded.

The others started talking when Luca and Kay walked away.

"This is the bathroom, the basement door. That door leads to the back yard." he said as he pointed to another door.

Kay looked out. "It's beautiful out here." she smiled up at Luca.

Luca's heart did flips but he controlled his emotions. He closed the door. "There are three bedrooms down this hallway. This first door is the bathroom, and the next two doors one on each side of the hallway are spare bedrooms. The doorway at the end, is your bedroom. It has a full bathroom attached." He looked at Kay, she was just standing there staring. He knew she was remembering something but didn't know what.

"Kay are you okay?" His voice was soft.

"Ah... yes fine." She touched her fingers to her lips. She remembered his kiss. The passion. But then everything faded. "I am sorry."

"No need."

"Sometimes these flashes go straight to the heart. I am tired. Please tell everyone I am sorry." she said.

She tried fighting back the tears.

Luca ached to hold her and comfort her. "I will, you rest. I will bring your things in later."

Kay nodded. She stepped inside the room. She turned around. "Luca?"

"Yes?"

"I know we were in love. I know the reason you're staying away. I may have lost my memory, but I haven't lost my feelings. I will wait for you to really decide what you want. Maybe by then my memory will be fully restored. Maybe we can pick up where we left off..."

"We left off by you telling me to leave you alone. You couldn't be with a man you couldn't trust." Luca stepped back. He saw tears fill her eyes as she closed the door.

Chapter 5

"Virgil, Virgil! Are you listening to me?"

"What is it Connie?"

"I just found out some distressing news."

"And what would that be?" Virgil asked.

He had assumed the dual role of Barzin and Sollozzo and nobody was the wiser. He had money and power now. Connie was at his side. Although she didn't know he was Barzin, he hoped that she was loyal to him.

"I just heard from a friend of mine that Kay isn't dead."

"What?"

"Yes, a friend of mine who has a boyfriend and he worked at the hospital. She was telling me about this bizarre case..."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Quite sure."

Kay could point a finger at him even though she didn't know he was also Barzin. It would take too long to figure that out. She knew that he and Sonny were good friends. They always were scheming things together. He might have said something to her without realizing it. Sonny was careless. He was too stupid to realize Connie was Kay's sister. And that his best friend was setting him up. He had to think of what to do. Then it came to him. "Connie."

"Yes."

"This is what I want you to do. We need to find where Kay is hiding. You need to weave your way into her life again. Play the sob story."

"I also will be twenty-five this year."

"What does that have anything to do things?"

"Well according to Kay, our parents left me an inheritance. But they thought I was too immature to take responsibility for it. So, they told Kay when I turned twenty-five, I could collect it."

This couldn't be better, Virgil thought. "That is even better. If it is true."

"I don't know if It's true or not, I have never trusted her since she got everything from my parents. She handled their estate and the money supposedly was in a trust fund that I am supposed to receive when I turn twenty-five. I disowned my sister after the death of my parents. I haven't spoken to her since they have died."

"But yet you always knew where she was. You knew who Sonny was."

"I wanted to destroy that Bitch! She got everything from our parents and our grandma." she snapped.

You can get your revenge later. Right now, I need to know if she really is alive and where she is."

"Why is she so important to you?"

Virgil walked up to her. Connie was testing his patience.

"Because she may know something that could hurt us." he growled at her. She backed down. "Now this is what I want you to do..."

The plans were all set. Connie was to work her way back into Kay's life. And as trusting as Kay was, she won't suspect a thing. That's what they were hoping. It didn't take long for Connie to locate Kay. She knew about the old country place Kay had. Sonny talked about how stupid Kay was thinking he didn't know about it. But Sonny knew everything Kay did.

Connie knew that Sonny would not dump Kay after she received the inheritance. So, in turn she went to Sonny's best friend Virgil. Virgil was a lot smarter than he led everyone to believe. He told Connie everything she wanted to hear. He even set her up in a nice place. In return Connie would tell Virgil everything that Sonny said, even about Kay's secret farm house. That's how he knew where it was. That's how he knew Sonny had stashed drugs there. Sonny had big plans, but he also had a big mouth. Virgil let Sonny dig himself a hole. When the time was right, Virgil would make his move. Barzin had confronted Sonny about stealing his drugs. Sonny was running scared. Virgil had already figured out that Barzin was the top man. Barzin went by a lot of aliases names and disguises. The only people to really know who Barzin was were his secretary and two body guards. Sonny went to Barzin's office plead his case. Barzin let him in and things got heated. Sonny got lucky when Barzin suffered a fatal heart attack.

Sonny called Virgil and told him what had happened. Virgil came up with a plan. He had Sonny kill Barzin's secretary and two body guards and he helped Sonny dispose of the bodies in a furnace at a factory that he had access to. They put Barzin's body in Sonny's car, crashed it and set it on fire. This even made Virgil's job easier. He wanted to be Barzin. With the people who could recognize Barzin gone, he figured he could get away with his plan.

He had to be sure Sonny didn't mention anything to Kay about him. She could point a finger. Questions and accusations could arise. Connie was the perfect escape goat, just like Sonny was. Connie has been gone a long time. She had to pretend she knew nothing of what was going on. She had to pretend she found out about this place through the news. She had to pretend her sister was dead. She made up a story that she decided to mend fences with her. Only to find out she was shot and killed. She was in mourning. She wanted to see the place Kay died at. Everything was set. Connie was a good actor. She could pull this off and Virgil knew she could.

"Well are you ready Connie?"

"Ready as I will ever be."

Connie got herself together and started playing the grieving sister.

**********

"Someone is coming up the drive." Paulie stated.

"Peter take Kay to her room and stay with her. Paulie, you and Moe go out back and scout around. Sal watch the front of the house." Everyone took their positions. The car stopped and Connie got out. Luca stepped out on the porch.

'Show time.' Connie said under her breath as she walked up to the porch.

"Who are you? Luca said as he stood on the porch looking down. This woman had puffy eyes. It looked as if she has been crying.

Connie sniffled she cleared her throat, she was a little intimidated by his size.

"My name is Connie."

Luca didn't say anything. He knew who she was. This wasn't good.

"What can I do for you? Are you lost?"

"No, no." Connie dabbed her eyes. "This place used to belong to my sister. We haven't spoken in years. I came to find her. Then I found out she had been shot and killed. They say it happened here."

"Why did you decide to look for her?"

"Kay, my sister's name was Kay. We had a falling out. I figured it was time I grew up. She was the only family..." she started to sob.

Kay was watching from the window. Tears filled her eyes. "I have to see her." Kay looked at Peter.

"Sorry Kay, not until we know it's safe."

"But she's my sister!" her voice got a bit louder as she headed toward the door.

Peter stepped in front of her.

"You can't hold me here against my will!"

"I can if it comes to that." he said as he folded his arms.

"You wouldn't dare."

She reached for the door handle. Before she could grasp it, Peter had her spun around and deposited her on her bed. He moved so fast Kay's head was spinning. Kay couldn't believe what just happened.

"Now play nice Kay this is for your own good."

Kay was shocked how fast Peter moved. "Wow! You move fast."