The BodyGuard Bk. 02 - Retribution

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Moe nodded and went outside to watch the girls.

"Well what do you have Sal?" Tom said.

"Yes, we are all curious." Luca said.

"Paulie told us that he followed Connie to a grocery store and talked with a man in the produce department." Sal said.

"That's right." Paulie replied

"Did you get a picture of him?" Sal asked.

"Yes." Paulie showed the picture.

"That's Virgil Sollozzo." Sal said.

"Who?" Peter asked.

"I remember Kay said Sonny had a friend. His name was Virgil." Luca stated.

"So now we have a connection. Connie and Virgil are up to something." Tom said

"Inheritance?" Sal asked.

"Could be. I want Virgil under surveillance. I want to know how far back Sonny and Virgil have known each other. I also want to know when Connie and Sonny got together and then when Connie and Virgil got together. Sal, you and Paulie get on this. Peter and Moe will stay here and help me watch over Connie and Kay." Luca stated.

Luca looked at everyone in the room. He was about to say something else when Paulie quickly left the room. He was interrupted by Tom.

"Ladies."

"I want to announce something." Kay said.

"What is it you wanted to say?" Tom asked.

"I have asked Connie to move in with me here and she has accepted. I want to go and help Connie move from that dreadful motel she's staying at. Could the guys help us?" Kay asked.

Luca cleared his throat. "Do you think it's wise? I mean for Connie to move in. We are not sure if someone is still after you."

"Like you said before. Everyone still thinks I am dead. What harm can it do?"

Connie laughed on the inside. 'Dumb and clueless. '

"You mean my sister is still in danger?" she acted surprised as tears filled her eyes.

"She might be." Tom said.

"What am I missing here?" Connie looked around the room.

"They think someone is still after me. Sonny was tangled up with some bad people. When he died, they came after me." Kay said.

"And Luca and the rest were to protect you?"

"Yes. But someone slipped in without getting noticed. I was shot."

"You let someone shoot my sister! You were to protect her!" Connie shouted at Luca.

"We thought we had the man that was after her." Tom said.

"It wasn't Luca's fault. He was standing next to me. Carlo, the man we were after, was giving the police a hard time. Luca went to help and that's when the shots came."

Everyone looked at Kay.

"How long have you known that? When did you remember?" Luca asked.

"I have been remembering a lot lately." she cleared her throat.

Luca wanted to question her more. But he backed off. She didn't know that Sonny was still alive. That it wasn't his body in the car. It was Sonny that pulled the trigger. But he did it for a payoff, for Barzin. They just need to figure out who Barzin was.

"I am so sorry Kay. I wish I was here for you. I never got to meet Sonny."

"You weren't missing much." Luca said.

Sal cleared his throat. "We still need to be cautious. Are you sure you want to be here?"

"Oh yes. I want to be with my sister." Connie went and hugged her.

"Okay then. Let's go get her things." Peter stated.

"Good I can't wait to..."

"No Kay you're staying here." Luca said firmly.

"You can't make me stay here."

"I can and I will."

"Settle down. Both of you!" Tom said.

"My, my, the sparks do fly." Connie chuckled.

Everyone turned and looked at her. She just shrugged her shoulders. She looked at Luca. He was totally in love with Kay. She grinned to herself. 'This could be interesting.'

Tom stood up and said, "Luca you guys take Kay and Connie to her motel room and help her get her stuff. I have to be getting back to the city."

They all went to the motel to collect Connie's belongings. Kay knew Luca was fuming. But she didn't care.

"That's my girl." Virgil said as he was watching from his car.

He took a special note on the men that were with her. Then he spotted Kay. She was more beautiful than he remembered. She was surrounded. 'That didn't help you too much last time. This time I will make sure you are dead. But first I need a piece of you.' He laughed to himself. He always imagined what it would be like to have sex with Kay. Sonny treated her like shit. He would just wait for the right opportunity to arise.

A few days later Luca got in touch with Paulie. Now that Connie was staying there, he didn't want Paulie to come back around. He didn't want Connie to know what he looked like. Paulie was the one ace up Luca's sleeve. The team discussed on what to do next. They decided to tell Kay they found a friend that knew Kay was shot and thought she was dead. They were going to ask her if she wanted him to know if she was still alive. Things started to fall in place. They wanted to see the reactions on Connie's face. They had everything set up. Tom made a surprise visit to deliver the news.

"Why is Tom here?" Kay questioned.

"I don't know guess we will find out." Sal greeted him at the door.

"Tom what a nice surprise." Kay smiled at him.

"I have some news."

"What kind of news?"

"We found a friend of yours and Sonny's."

"Who?"

"Virgil Sollozzo."

Moe watched Connie to see her reactions. But she held herself together.

"I haven't seen him since the car accident that killed Sonny." Kay said.

'Hmm... she doesn't know Sonny was alive? She doesn't know Luca was the one that killed him?' Connie said to herself.

"You know Kay that we did have a funeral service for you. It was just for show and Virgil did show up to funeral service."

Kay sat there remembering when Sonny first introduced Virgil to her. He always was looking at her. He seemed shy, but he was a good friend to Sonny.

"He stood up for Sonny at our wedding. He used to come over often. But as time went on, I saw less of him. He consoled me after the death of Sonny. Then he disappeared. I don't know where he went." Kay said.

Everyone was looking at her.

"Can Virgil be trusted?" Tom asked.

"I think so. He never gave me a reason not to trust him." Kay replied

"Well then. I think I will pay him a visit." Tom smiled.

"Thank you, Tom."

Later that afternoon Connie left to go to the market and Paulie was following her. She stopped at the gas station to get gas and make a phone call. Paulie slipped on a quick disguise and followed her inside. Connie walked to the back of the station to the phone booth. Connie called Virgil and filled him in on everything that she heard to date. Paulie had installed a listening bug in the phone booth at an earlier time. He was able to listen to everything she had to say.

Chapter 8

For the last couple of days Virgil was contemplating over everything that Connie had told him. He knew what everyone looked like, everyone but Paulie. Virgil had put the drugs in the fresh produce boxes that were delivered to Kay's restaurant. From there Sonny took over. Then the damn place burned. He never did figure out how or who burned it. He knew it wasn't Sonny or one of Carlo's men. Barzin was already dead. And he was in the process of taking over identity of Barzin and he didn't burn it. Maybe it was an accident. Virgil was filling an order at the warehouse, when he saw Tom approaching him.

"Mr. Virgil Sollozzo?"

Virgil turned around. He looked Tom up and down. "Yes, what can I help you with?"

"My name is Tom Hagen. I was a friend and a lawyer for Kay Adams Corleone."

Virgil stood still for a few second. He cleared his throat. "Kay is dead. I went to her funeral."

"Is there a place we can talk in private?" Tom asked.

"I don't understand."

"Please Mr. Sollozzo it's very important."

Virgil nodded his head. He led Tom to a deserted part of the warehouse.

"So, what is this about?"

"There is no easy way to say this. So, I will get to the point. Kay is alive."

Virgil didn't move. His eyes got wide as he stared at Tom. Then he became angry.

"Is this a joke? If so, I don't find any humor in it." He snapped.

Tom watched his reactions. 'Playing like a true professional.' He thought.

"This is no joke. I can't go into detail. But Kay would like to see you. You were a friend of hers and her late husband Sonny."

"Yes, he was killed in an auto accident. I stayed with Kay through that ordeal. He really put her in a bind. I wish I could have stuck around, but I had my own personal problems I had to attend to." Virgil was staring at the floor shaking his head.

"She wondered what happened to you. So, she asked to see if I could locate you."

"Why?" Virgil asked.

"She doesn't have a whole lot of friends and those she had think she's dead. She would like to begin informing her friends that she is alive. I told her that I found you. Now she would like to see you."

"How do I know she is alive? How do I know this isn't trick? Sonny got into a lot of trouble. That's why we parted ways."

"I figured as much."

"Do you have a phone here that we can use?"

Virgil nodded his head yes and they walked over to warehouse office to use the phone there.

Tom called Kay and handed the phone to Virgil.

"Hi Virgil. Yes, it's really me. Please, I would like to see you."

Virgil acted choked. "Wow! When and where?"

"Tom will give you the direction and time." she said as she hung up the phone.

"Right now, we have Kay under protection. It would be easier to see her where we have her."

"Okay. Where is that?"

Tom gave him the directions. But Virgil already knew where the farm house was located.

Later that night Paulie staked out the warehouse. He was looking for anything out of the ordinary. He saw a delivery truck pull inside the warehouse. About ten minutes later it pulled out. It wasn't there too long. He saw Virgil talking to the driver before the truck left. Then Virgil looked at his watched got into his car and left. Paulie followed a short time later.

At eight pm Virgil arrived at Kay's home. She was so nervous.

"Settle down Kay." Connie tried to console her.

"He thinks I am dead. So, did you. It's just so surreal!"

Moe left to meet up with Paulie to see if Virgil was followed. Peter had the back door. Sal was in the living room with the girls and Luca was out front watching Virgil arrive.

"Virgil! I'm so glad you could come!" Tom said as he answered the door.

Virgil was hesitant as he looked around.

"Please come in."

Virgil stood still outside the door.

"I told you Kay was under protection."

Virgil nodded and stepped inside. He looked back at Luca standing on the front porch. The man was big. Next to Connie was Sal. He had to play it cool.

"Where, where is Kay?"

"I will get her." Sal turned to get Kay.

Luca never took his eyes off Virgil.

"Virgil!" Kay cried.

He opened his arms to give her hug. Connie walk over and stood by them.

"Kay! It's true." he pulled her in for a hug.

'You feel so good next to me. I will have you before this is over.' He half smiled to himself. But it didn't go unnoticed. Luca was staring at Virgil. The way he was holding Kay. The look on his face. The man wanted her. Fire started running through his veins. His breathing started picking up. Virgil looked up and their eyes connected. Luca saw the laughter in them. Taunting him. Luca was ready to lose his cool when Connie cleared her throat.

"Kay aren't you going to introduce us?" Connie said in a sweet voice.

"Oh, I am sorry."

She pulled away wiping her eyes.

"Virgil, this is my sister Connie." Kay said.

"Sister? I didn't know you had a sister Kay!"

"We had a falling out." Connie cleared her throat. "But now we are trying to make amends."

"Yes, Connie also thought I was dead and so did a lot of other people." Kay said with a smile.

"Why, I don't understand?" Virgil looked at her.

"It's complicated. Sonny got into a lot of bad things. Then I received a large inheritance, I thought things would get better. But it only got worse." Kay sniffed.

"I am so sorry Kay." Virgil picked up her hand and kissed it.

Luca was glaring at him.

"I tried so hard, but nothing was working. He was getting more physical."

"He hit you?" Connie gasped.

"That's not important anymore."

"I am so sorry Kay." Connie teared and held her hand.

"I filed for divorce. We weren't legally divorced yet when he was killed in an accident. Then all his problems came to me and after me. I had to go get protection." She looked over at Luca. "Then into hiding. Everything is just so complicated now."

"We thought things were over. But then someone shot Kay." Tom said.

"So, the case is still ongoing?"

"Yes."

"Why would someone shoot Kay?" Virgil looked around.

"They think she might know something."

"Like what?" Connie questioned.

"We're not sure."

Virgil cleared his throat. "Well I hope it gets over soon!"

"I am sure it will." Luca glared at Virgil.

Virgil got that uneasy feeling. He knew Luca knows something. Virgil must be careful and not take any chances.

Luca looked at Kay funny. "When did you remember all this?"

"Remember?" Virgil looked at them.

"I lost most of my memories from the past five years. Things have been coming back." She looked up at Luca. "A lot of things are coming back."

Luca stared at her wondering if her memory was completely restored. She was remembering a lot. She has been avoiding him. She leaves when he walks into the room. He always sees sadness in her eyes. Like she knows it's over between them. His heart was breaking. Even when she was smiling it's not a true smile. Her laugh doesn't seem happy. She doesn't look happy. Not even with Connie around. He knows it's him breaking her heart.

Virgil left a couple hours later. He had to think. Things were getting out of control. Maybe he should run. But when he got back to the warehouse, he remembered everything he worked so hard for. 'I will take what I want.' He thought. He looked over the boxes that were brought in earlier. Dollar signs were in his eyes.

Chapter 9

Later the next evening Luca and Kay where alone. Connie went out as she needed a few things and Moe went with her. Tom, Sal and Peter were at his office putting the pieces together. Paulie was watching Virgil. Kay was sitting out back on the porch swing gazing out over the backyard. The moon was just starting to show its face. The night looked beautiful in its silver glow. Luca came out and took a chair beside her.

"Nice night." she said.

"Yes, it is." he replied.

Kay drew in a deep breath. "Well I guess I should get inside. It's getting dark now." She went to stand.

Luca grabbed her hand. "Don't leave on my account."

Kay looked over at him. She put on a false smile. She needs to keep herself together.

"I think it's best we keep our distance."

Luca let her hand go. He could hear the pain and sorrow in her voice. He cleared his throat.

"How much do you remember now?"

She glanced at her feet for a moment and then looked back at him.

"I remember everything Luca."

"Is that why you are so distant now?"

"No."

"Then why?"

"I thought, at first, the reason you were avoiding me was because I couldn't remember. Even though I could feel we had something. You denied it."

Luca gazed at the moon. "I didn't want you to think I was taking advantage of you. I knew what you told me in the hospital."

"But that night when the ambush happened, I was so scared! You burst into the farmhouse." Her eyes filled with tears. "You held me and told me you would never leave me!" she wiped her tears. "I was ready to accept you for who you are. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."

Luca had a hard time swallowing. "Kay..."

She put up her hand to stop him. "I didn't care what secrets you had. I was so very much in love with you. I was going to tell you that night. Then I heard a shot." She swallowed. "I looked in the direction it came. I thought I saw someone standing on the hill. I was looking into the sun, it was hard to tell." She pointed. "I thought they were aiming for you. I was panicked. I heard you yell. Then a second gunshot and everything went dark."

Luca was speechless. He couldn't image what her last seconds were like. "Why are you just telling me this now?"

"Because I wanted you to know that I did love you Luca."

"What about now?"

"I love you more than anything Luca." she said reached for his hand.

"But?"

"But I know you will always be questioning my love and trust for you. You will always worry about me and my happiness. Things you should tell me. Can I handle the truth about you? Will I accept the things you have done? I am not as naive as everyone thinks."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I know Connie and Virgil are in this together."

Luca almost fell over. "How?"

Kay let out a small laugh. "I am not blind. I also know when this is over, we will be going our separate ways. And that breaks my heart." she took in a deep breath. She wiped the tears from rolling down her cheeks.

"Kay, I am not the man you think I am."

"Answer me this Luca." she turned to face him.

"What is that?"

"Do you love me?" Kay waited for his answer. It seemed like forever, but it was only a second.

"Yes, yes I love you."

"That's all I needed to know." she turned and went inside the house.

Luca listened as she walked away. He heard her close her bedroom door. He stood up and went inside. He walked to her bedroom door. He could hear her crying on the other side. He wanted to go in and hold her. Console her. He tapped on the door softly and in a few seconds, she opened the door.

She was standing there as the moonlight started to filter into her bedroom. When he looked at her face, their eyes locked on to each other. Luca came forward and Kay move to him wrapped her arms around his neck, her lips met his. Slowly they undressed each other in the glow of the shiny moonlight.

They kissed passionately as they moved to the bed. Lying next to each other, she pressed herself into him, rolling her breasts against his chest. Luca turned his head to kiss her mouth. Slowly he could feel her tongue work its way into his mouth. He let her have access and their tongues passionately begin to dance together.

His hands were busy roaming over her large soft breasts. She was softly moaning into his mouth, while her excitement started to heat up. He could feel her start to tighten up in pleasure when his hand started to rub her sex. He could feel some of her wetness starting to leak out of her. She gasped out loud as her enjoyment increased.

"I need you inside of me now!" she panted.

She met his every thrust with her own thrust. Luca could feel his cock start to tingle with the impending climax and then that fantastic feeling shot through him as he shot his seed deep inside of her. They both collapsed into a heap next to each other.

As Luca left her room, she softly whispered, "Good bye Luca."

The next day Kay stayed mostly in her room. She didn't even visit with Connie too much. The way Luca looked everyone knew something happened between them.

'This must get over soon.' They all thought

Connie was out in the backyard when Paulie called.

"There is going to be a big drop tonight."

"Where?" Luca asked.

"The grocery warehouse where Virgil works."

"Good let's see if we can get this over with."

"Roger that."

Everyone was making plans when Kay entered the room. She looked tired and her eyes were bloodshot. Everyone looked at Luca, but he looked away. Connie came in and rushed over to Kay.

"Kay are you alright?" Connie asked.

"Yes, I am okay. Just had a bad night full of bad memories." she said.

Everyone nodded. Luca was the only one that knew she remembered everything.

"Anything that could be helpful?" Tom asked.