The BodyGuard Bk. 02 - Retribution

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am afraid not. Just a lot of things I went through with Sonny." she shrugged.

'Good cover.' Luca thought, as he looked at her. But he knew the real reason and it was breaking his heart.

"Maybe you should go rest." Connie walked up to her.

"No. I want to go visit what remains of the restaurant."

"What?" That was resonated in unison.

"I just need to get away from here. I need to go see what's left."

"There isn't much left Kay." Tom said.

"I don't care. I just need to go."

"Alright Kay."

"You're going to let her go?" Connie quickly asked.

"Yes and of course with an escort." Luca glared at Connie.

"I rather have either Peter or Sal." Kay said.

Luca turned his head and looked at her. They stared at each other for a second. "Okay, Sal keep her safe and out of trouble.

"Not a problem." he said.

"Thank you." Kay said, and she turned to go get ready. Connie followed her.

"What the fuck Luca?" Peter said.

"Do we need another round table time at the apartment?" Moe asked.

"No, this ends tonight." Luca said.

Luca knew he was going to be taking a risk. But he wanted this to end. He couldn't continue being around Kay all the time and not loving her, touching her or holding her. It was driving him crazy! He couldn't bear to see the sadness in her eyes any more. His heart was shattered. But they made the right decision. He had to keep telling himself that.

Kay was ready to go. She was excited yet scared. She has been secluded for such a long time. She wanted to get on with her life. She wanted Luca to be part of it, but she knew that wouldn't be possible.

"I'm ready let's go." Kay said as she walked into the living room.

"Are you sure about this?" Sal asked.

"Yes."

"Okay let's go."

Sal opened the door for the ladies followed them out. They got into Sal's truck and left. Luca stood on the porch and watched them as they left.

"You look nervous."

He turned to look at Tom. "I am. I want to follow them."

"We have other things to take care of."

"Paulie is waiting for us."

"Okay let's get this over with."

Luca, Peter and Moe left to meet up with Paulie. Tom went to his office to get some documents.

Kay was getting more and more nervous the closer they got to the restaurant. Connie had to think of something to stop somewhere so she could contact Virgil. She had to let him know what was going on.

"I need to go to the bathroom. Is there somewhere we can stop?" Connie asked.

"I could use something to drink." Kay said.

"Okay there is a store up ahead. We will stop."

"Thanks." Connie said.

Kay went to get something to drink. Connie quickly made it to the restroom. Just before the bathroom was a pay phone. She did a quick look around for Sal and then called Virgil.

"Hello."

"Virgil listen carefully. The house is empty. Luca and a couple guys are going somewhere. Kay, I and Sal are going to see the remains of the restaurant. I don't know what they are up to, but I figured I would let you know."

Virgil was quiet for a second. "This might be a good thing."

"What?"

"Try and keep in touch Connie. You are doing excellent."

"I can't wait to get away from here. Kay is driving me crazy with all her love-sick emotions. I can almost puke at her goody, goody attitude!"

"Hang in there. This will all be over soon." Virgil said.

"I sure hope so." She hung up and went into the restroom.

The met back at Sal's truck.

"Thank you I feel better." Connie said.

"Me to, I was so dry." Kay held up her soda.

They got back into the car and continued their journey to the restaurant.

Sal knew Connie contacted Virgil. He needed to let Luca know that. As they got close to the restaurant

Sal says, "I need to call Luca and check in."

"Why?" Kay said.

"We have a check in policy. So, he knows where we are at and doesn't worry."

"I am sure he will." Kay said softly as she looked out the window.

"Kay, Luca has a lot to deal with. Don't be too hard on him."

"What about me?? Has anyone thought about that?"

"Kay things will be okay. I can feel it." Connie patted her hand.

"Yeah, I am sure they will be."

Sal pulled into a gas station and called Tom's office. When Tom answered, Sal filled him in on what has happened so far. He said he would relay the information to Luca. Kay knew whatever was going to happen it would be tonight. She must be extra cautious. When they got to the restaurant Kay went to tears.

"Everything I put into this place is gone."

Connie gritted her teeth. 'This should have been mine!' she thought.

"I am so sorry Kay. You have insurance money to rebuild, don't you?" Connie asked.

"Yes, but not enough. I was hoping the money you get from your inheritance, you would help me rebuild." She looked at Connie.

"My inheritance? I thought it was all hearsay."

"No, it wasn't hearsay. You just didn't want to listen. You turn twenty-five soon. You have grown so much. You will be able to collect."

Connie cleared her throat. "How much?"

"Two hundred and fifty thousand plus interest."

"What?" She gasped.

"What would have happened if I wouldn't have collected?" Connie questioned.

"The will specifies that you have five years after you turn twenty-five to collect. If uncollected by then it goes to me and if I didn't collect it within five years, then it was to be split up between various charities."

"Huh." Connie had to let this sink in. What she could do with that kind of money. There was no way she was going to help Kay rebuild this place.

"I am a little shocked!" Connie said.

"Me too." Sal said.

There wasn't much to do at her burned down restaurant but look so they stayed for about ten minutes and then left to go back to the farmhouse. Kay was talking about all the things she wanted to do. How she wanted to rebuild. Connie was thinking how sneaky she was when she had the place burned. No one could pin that on her. She again took something away her sister loved.

Virgil knew he was being watched. He had to somehow sneak away. He wanted to be at the farmhouse when Kay returned. He knew her escort would go survey the area. She and Connie would be alone. That's when he would make his move. Virgil slipped away he thought unnoticed. But Luca was already on to him and he had a pretty good idea exactly where Virgil was going. Paulie, Moe and Peter left the warehouse shortly after Luca. Tom was leaving his office to meet them at the farm house.

Sal, Kay and Connie returned to the farmhouse. Sal searched the house, while the girls waited in the car. He didn't see anything. "You can go in."

Kay and Connie entered.

"I'm going to check out the outside. Be back shortly."

"Okay." Kay said.

Kay and Connie walked in. "Have you thought about what I said?"

"What about?"

"Rebuilding the restaurant. We could be business partners." Kay smiled.

'Not in this lifetime, but I will tell her what she wants to hear.' Connie thought to herself.

"It's an awful big project to take on." Connie looked at her.

"Yes, it would be, but it would be a great way for us to reconnect. I think it will do us good. You wouldn't have to move again. We could be close again!"

Connie turned her back to Kay and rolled her eyes. She wanted nothing to do with the idea. All she wanted was the money. She wanted nothing to do with Kay.

"I will consider it." She smiled.

"Wonderful." Kay said as she pulled her in for a hug. As she did Connie saw Virgil and grinned.

"So, making plans without me my love?" Virgil smirked.

Kay gasped and turned. "Virgil! How did you get in here? Where is Sal?"

Virgil had jumped Sal and knocked him out.

"Don't worry big sister. We will take care of you." Connie sneered.

"What? Connie?"

Virgil walked up to Kay. He took his hand and ran it down the side of her face.

"Sonny was such a fool. I told him he should treat you better."

Kay backed away and Virgil stepped closer to her.

"You should have stayed dead Kay. Sonny was a good shot, but you still lived."

"What Sonny? No, Sonny's dead. He couldn't have pulled the trigger."

"You are so naive Kay." Connie said as she walked up to her.

"The accident the car was staged and the body was burned beyond recognition..."

Kay drew in a deep breath.

"It was a setup. He was after the drugs and money." Virgil said.

"Now you're getting the picture. Who do you think Sonny was having an affair with?" Connie laughed.

"How could you!" Kay said with tears in her eyes.

"You took everything from me. I wanted to take everything from you!" Connie snapped at her.

"But I didn't you get your share!" Kay cried.

"That precious restaurant of yours was also something you loved." Connie smirked.

"It was you?" Virgil glared at her.

"Well of course." she gleamed with pride.

"Do you have any idea what you have done!" Virgil snapped.

While Connie and Virgil argued Kay slowly was backing up towards the door. The door creaked when she turned the handle. Virgil ran toward her as she bolted. He caught her on the porch.

"Going somewhere?" Virgil said as he pulled her back.

"Let go of her." Luca said softly.

Virgil laughed and he pulled a gun and stuck it to Kay's head. She screamed. He pulled her hair and pulled her face close to his.

"I always wanted to know what it would be like to bed you. If the situation was different, I would have had you. What is she like Luca? Was she nice and tight? Was she wet and sweet?" He laughed.

Luca felt the rage inside of him.

"Get your hands off her." he growled and started walking towards them.

"Ah, ah, ah. Did you ever tell Kay how Sonny really died Luca?" He laughed again.

"Oh, poor Kay do you want to know what your lover has done?" Connie laughed as she joined them on the porch.

"Tell her Luca. I SAID tell her!" he shouted.

Connie heard a noise she turned. "Virgil the others are back."

"Go get that car." he ordered.

Connie went down the steps. She was walking far away from Luca. From out of nowhere she was grabbed. She screamed.

Kay smiled, as Sal grabbed Connie.

Paulie had revived Sal and they both had circled the car, putting Sal close to Connie and Paulie close to Virgil.

"I knocked you out, how did you get here so quickly?" Virgil looked at him.

"I recover fast. Now let her go."

"Virgil!" Connie cried.

"Connie was becoming a loose end."

He turned and pointed his gun at Connie and fired. Kay screamed, she started shaking.

"I want to see the others, or the same fate will happen to Kay." Virgil said as he pointed the gun back at Kay's head.

Kay was crying as Virgil had a firm grasp of her arm.

"Take it easy." Luca said.

"I want to see the others NOW!" Virgil shouted.

Sal, Moe, Peter and Tom moved out of the shadows up next to Luca. They couldn't let Virgil get away with Kay. But right now, he held all the cards. He started down the steps with the gun directly on Kay's temple. Kay was staring directly at Luca. Her eyes full of fear. He closed his eyes for a second when he opened them, she nodded. They stopped between Luca and the car.

"I will have my fun with her before I put her out of her misery." he laughed.

"Over my dead body." Luca growled.

"That can be arranged." He laughed.

"Code Yellow." Luca quickly said.

Kay dropped to the ground. Paulie appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Virgil's gun. Luca took one step and had a knife to Virgil's throat. Sal and Peter ran to Kay. Moe went to check on Connie.

"Luca don't, we need answers!" Tom shouted.

"Who is Barzin?" Tom asked.

"Virgil here is Barzin." Luca said.

"You can't prove a thing." Virgil spit out.

Sal helped Kay up. She looked over to Moe. He shook his head. Kay bursts into tears.

"You killed her, you killed her!" she shouted.

"She was only using you. I sent her here. It was my idea for her to move in. She was never going to help you rebuild.

"How did you know that?" Kay sobbed.

"I heard the whole conversation. I knew everything that went on between you and Sonny. When she thought Sonny was going to dump her after you received your grandmother's inheritance, she came to me. She vowed to take away everything you loved. She despised you." He laughed.

"Shut up!" Luca threatened.

Virgil looked at him. "What you going to kill me like you did Sonny?" He laughed.

Kay gasped and she looked at Luca.

"Kay please..." Luca started.

Everything started to make sense to Kay. She realized it was Sonny that shot her. Under Virgil's orders. Luca must have figured this out and went after Sonny, revenge. Now that Sonny was dead, Connie and Virgil got together. When they found out Kay was alive. Virgil was afraid Sonny might have told her something. So, Connie and Virgil set her up. They were going to kill her. But Connie found out she did have an inheritance. She was making other plans.

"Luca don't explain. I understand why you did what you did."

'Does she really understand?' Luca thought

"There is no proof Luca did anything." Peter quickly said.

Virgil shook his head and laughed. "Connie and I watched on the ground as the plane took off. We knew Luca was flying it. Sonny was stupid. He had a big mouth."

"You're not too smart either Virgil." Paulie threw in.

"Huh, who could pull off putting a dead guy in a car and stealing his identity?"

"Apparently not you." Luca growled.

Virgil shook his head. "You will never find out where the drugs are coming from and where they go without me."

"That's where you're wrong. We've had you under surveillance for a while." Peter said.

"The police are on their way here now." Tom stated.

Virgil tried to get away from Luca, but Luca hauled off and punched him in the face and put him to the ground.

"You're going to be put away for a long time!" Luca said.

"You will be joining me. I will tell them I saw you kill Sonny." Virgil said wiping to blood off his mouth.

"Not if I have anything to say about it. I think it's time Luca. I hear sirens." Tom said.

Luca nodded.

"Luca?" Kay ran up to him.

"Sorry Darlin'." He turned and disappeared into the darkness.

Her eyes filled with tears as she watched him disappear.

The End of Book II

Book III is completed and will be released soon