All Comments on 'The Book of Rose: Orcs'

by WhimsicalRepertoire

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Blind_JusticeBlind_Justicealmost 6 years ago

The story evoked the feel of a sloppy adult cartoon. I wasn't quite sure if I was supposed to laugh with or at Rose.

On the technical side of things, you might want to give this story another edit pass. There were several instances of missed words, with omitted "the" the biggest offender. Also, you are awfully fond of certain words like "whorishly" or "fuck-stick". To avoid sounding too repetitive, try to switch out the occasional instance for something else.

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago
Research

All research should be accompanied by such in-depth fieldwork, haha.

This was a hot little romp, I enjoyed it both for the fun and the funny in your writing. Good job, I imagine you could spin this into a series if your fans demanded it. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Funny. :-)

I particularly liked the rose thorns trick, and Rose's dedication to the disciplined study of exotic sexual pleasures; at least a couple of key body mods, plus she had smell/taste disabling spells ready, and a gill spell.

How old is Rose? Has she published previously on similar or related field work?

Sorry that ADoE is being difficult.

weftandwarpweftandwarpalmost 6 years ago

Heavens!

This is so new to me, the language of it, the scenario.- everything. For me it seemed to lack emotion but probably that was a part of it. I found the language complex and so developed. Thank you for giving me an insight to a different world.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
Ashnak?

This story reminded me of Mary Gentle's novel "Grunts" and the lusty orc marines. "Pass me another elf, I've split this one!"

Your Rose would have given Ashnak a run for his money I'm sure. Of course he spoke the common tongue and wore an anti-magic talisman, so maybe Rose would have been out of her depth. Either way, this was a fun story, short and hot. I enjoyed it.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago

How is this a geek story?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWhimsicalRepertoire@WhimsicalRepertoire
217 Followers
All my stories exist in the same fantasy world. You can find the map of said world here: https://i.imgur.com/njRJtmY.jpg I'm currently working on 'Echoes of Spring' and 'A Dream of Empire'. The prologue to 'A Dream of Empire' begins with "Luck Pt.01 - A Chance Meeting". It...