All Comments on 'The Bridge - A Little More 02'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
MollydaKatMollydaKatover 4 years ago
WTF ?

I didn't even make it to the end of page 1 .

Has that crazy Carvhoi hacked your page ?

This reads like some of his blather .

*

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I don't get what the point of these "sequels" is.

Gloria betrayed her husband. In the original story, she settled for Lyle, thinking she was too fat and ugly to get a "prince". After her makeover, she took the first opportunity she had to trade up with Gabe.

Except the husband tore Gabe down and showed her that her "prince" was a pathetic illusion.

So with all that said, why would Lyle be remotely interested in reconciling with Gloria? She humiliated him and openly cuckolded the poor guy. Gabe just used her like a dumb slut and she betrayed the man who actually loved her. After Lyle kicked the unfaithful bitch to the kerb, he was doing phenomenally well, taking over Gabe's business as new part-owner.

Lyle is now the prince that Gloria was looking for all along, but she proved that she was just a shallow deceitful whore. There is no way that Lyle would get back together with her, not when the big money started rolling in. Gloria would be quickly replaced with a younger, more attractive second wife.

The most poignant ending to this story, would be Gloria realising that she didn't deserve a prince because she was no princess. She should be watching from afar as Lyle and a better woman enjoy all the trappings of wealth that she was so desperate for.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 4 years ago
Well written....

But I believe it deviates too much. There is too much reconciliation happening too fast if that makes sense? For the amount of crap she caused I think it would have taken more time. Thats my own personal opinion.

HenwynHenwynover 4 years ago

This is a very intelligent story that starts to get at the distance that exists between people, between thought and "reality", between "my" understanding of the word love and that of the object of my love. Bridging those distances requires many things. Doing it successfully, consistently ... I have no idea. Maybe a strong fantasy life? Anyway, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

Part 1 was good. It had flow and a point. It was an easy read which I gave full marks.

Part 02 isn't very good. I kept on skipping ahead to figure out where this was going. Biggest problem with this part is it is mired in a cesspool of psychobabble. Page 2 was painful drudgery. After slogging through that I just didn't have any energy to care. Not a good place for reader to be.

I didn't hate part 02, but I didn't like it much either which fits the two stars description. Sorry Bob. I usually like your stories, but this one gives me a 'meh' feeling. I think you tried too hard in making this meaningful. Just tell the story and leave the life's lessons to clergy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It's fast to the RAAC probably to fast in my opinion,although you tried to extend the timeline to make it appear better.My only hope is that you create and ending for this version as it still feels unfinished as I thought Richards was also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sounds like a play

The dialogues don't seem like how actual couples talk. They sounded like someone was reading their lines in a play.

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 4 years ago
I liked it! 👍🏻

Intelligent and funny in a tongue-in-cheek way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Did you forget you already did a continuation on 'The Bridge' in 2016? Both as bad as each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really not too bad

Very deep and heavy, but it has the potential to be spot on as the cycle of life and aftermath swing around to full closure... this really doesn't read like a RAAC, but like a mature and honest analysis of what went wrong and how to fix it.

SKHPSKHPover 4 years ago

Reconciliation for this couple? A cruel, selfish cuckoldress redeemed?

Even the king of reconcilliation RichardGerald rightfully refrained from that.

Well written but not fitting the characters and their history, so only 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good 5 *

I remember the beginning of this line of stories. I think you did a great job on it coming to a close. I see them healing and reconciling. Is another chapter necessary? Perhaps to some, but not to me... thanks for the story

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
More of same

Richard gerald stories are all variations of same theme. Strong woman who feel cheating is either ok or needed to get ahead combined with spineless men. Same theme story after story.

The forcing of love languages into this did not work. It made the dialogue wooden.

There was no coming back from what she did.

He needed therapy to see why he was a doormat his whole life, but instead you had him sleep with therapist. Therapist was of course the strong smart women so tiresome in gerald stories who knew he was not ready for relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
YOU FAILED BADLY!!!

After all that psychological bullshit he craped about, the end was SHIT beyond believe.

*he offered her a joint*.... if I say you are mentally ill, I would not be going tooooo far, would I?

PS: You put a bad mark on the original story!

(I would like to say: shame on you, but you probably wouldn't understand anyway)

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
OK story

I may have to read the series yet again as some things don't add up. In your story "A little more" we have Gloria go on and on about her sex with Gabe before the memorial day weekend and the sex during the weekend and even includes how another guy was doing her while she was doing Gabe. It appeared she hung around for a longtime having more and more sex that she loved yet Gabe started losing interest since Lyle was now long gone. And then during the time of divorce she continued to have lots of sex with princes and fakers as she called them. Yet in this story she makes it sound like she didn't like that weekend at all as it was the drugs having her orgasm and then she hated the sex the next morning and later that day. She also makes it sound like she had very little sex since the divorce. Yes, some, but not to the extent in part two.

So is she a lier? Which is right?

I do agree in how you have Lyle now. I can see him maybe having sex like he did and I agree it is not making love. I wouldn't take her back for anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Are you being inconsistent?

In Chapter 2 you have Gloria declaring that "... after that we would meet for long lunches ... I ... could usually manage only one long lunch a week ... tongues in every orifice, every nook and cranny, and me swallowing huge loads of his cum. It was really exciting. Cheating sex is the crack cocaine of sex..."

In Chapter 3 you have Gloria declaring to her ex: "OK, I did not have an affair, a physical affair with any sexual contact, before that weekend. But I had started an emotional thing."

So what is it? Is Gloria the epitome of a cheat and a liar or have you forgotten what you wrote a short time ago? All this a believable story does NOT make, particularly in the light of Gloria being a PhD in whatever!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
For the direction it went...

...the author did about as good as it gets in continuing another's story. Too much water under the bridge to see any reconciliation that leads to something more permanent. Closure? Absolutely! Reconciliation? That's quite a reach. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flogging a dead horse

The first sequel wasn't needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yikes!

Who has the Ph.D. in Psychology -- the wife or the husband? This guy Lyle is unbelievable. Any woman with any insight at all would run from this guy. Talk about 'uptight' ! 1* for both of your 'follow-ups'.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 4 years ago
You picked the wrong author

Richard has unique style and doesn't lend itself to someone else finishing a story.

Besides where he left it is pretty much were it ended, trainwreck nobody walks away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Drags

All the psycho babble drags it down, way down. Pretty much skipped page 2 and a lot of 3. Page 2 could replace sleep aids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You're a decent writer.

Why do followups to RichardGerald stories? By this time, most people know what Gerald is: a wanna-be mover and shaker who also wants to be with a bad-ass woman, but could never handle that much woman. There are a few ass-kissers around who still suck his toes, but most people are long over him. You keep this up and people are going to be over you, just like him.

FD45FD45over 4 years ago

You Rian Johnsoned your own story.

GuentharGuentharover 4 years ago
A Sequel

I always thought a more fitting sequel to "The Bridge" would have been the fallout with Gabe when he had to crawl back to daddy after loosing all his money. Maybe some flashbacks about his beginnings with Paula and how things started.

I mention this to Richard but have not heard anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
mentally ill, is a fucking fool who reads day after day

story after story and then bitches about them and the writer. WTF annony??? Haven't you forgot about your whore ex wife and those 100 men she fucked and sucked. Just think how much cum she let you suck out of her cumt!

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago

4 * but still incomplete.

HikingThruHikingThruover 4 years ago
Pinball Wizard, starring JustBobKC

Back and forth, from gutter to gutter. Original is clear on Gloria's past, her remaking herself, and stupidly falling for a predator. Lyle is a go-along, average guy.

First sequel digs deeper into Gloria, and makes her horrible. Calculated, scheming, and she admits to screwing Gabe weekly after the Christmas Party. And Lyle knows this from Gabe as well.

Second sequel reverts back to original where Gloria claims she just had an emotional affair prior to Memorial Day.

The writing and flow make more sense here in 02, but taken as a whole, this chapter makes the first sequel seem totally out of whack.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Continuity errors

After readers think it was just a weekend fling after original story, your first sequel reveals the wife was fucking his boss since the Christmas party weekly. The MC reveals the boss sent him proof of her fucking him before that weekend - which she doesn’t deny. Now in this one, we’re to believe that weekend trip was the first time?? Not badly written but the plot issues between the 3 parts are terrible

R69runnerR69runnerover 4 years ago

I personally like where you're heading and think you should continue and see where these two end up.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago

How a story ens is a good idea if it should be continued or not.

"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

I looked at her. It would be so easy to take her into my arms, to love her, to bring the kids home to sleep in their own house Christmas Eve, and to pretend what had happened never happened. But all I could say was, "I don't know. That's a good question but I have no answer to it."

With that, we turned away from each other. What's in our past can't be changed. We must live for our future. End of RichardGerald story. Yes it was open for squeals.

"Sadly, I wasn't guessing. You are STILL lying to me and trying to manipulate and control me. Gabe confronted me when he first discovered all that missing money and said, "you are a nobody who can't satisfy your own wife and she LOVED me fucking her and I will tap that from now on whenever I want". And he did. He sent me the videos of every time he tapped your ass - including videos of that weekend and even the times you met him BEFORE that weekend. He always had one or more hidden cameras for all his conquests. And he ALWAYS sent them to the husbands, I am guessing. And I saw you taking the cocaine or pills - ecstasy maybe? - and/or smoking grass whenever he fucked you. And you ALWAYS orgasmed in ways that could NOT be faking it. Well, you were FINALLY fucking a real Prince. A real man. And not just your pet. A real shallow asshole just like you always were but hid so well. And now the really sad thing is I am becoming just such a rich shallow asshole Alpha man, myself, now. I have fucked all kinds of women the last 3 months - so I don't need your "benefits" at all. Though I wish you continued success with your "therapist" who seems to have missed a lot. And I hope our further contacts and strictly impersonal meetings and talks henceforth concern nothing but the welfare of our poor abused children. Conceived in a sham of a marriage from the very beginning."

And Lyle got up and left her there - in almost catatonic shock.

How could it have all gone so wrong? The only thought circulating in her brain. I am just so much smarter than him... End of your story, no need for more.

"I'll keep asking you out for dates. Maybe something more will come of it. I still have issues as we've discussed. I like you, now. And quite a bit but in ways different from before. One day at a time is the only way we can take it right now. Neither of us gets exactly everything we want, but that's life and the way pretty much all human interaction works out." Now you want to have a reconciliation story? Would have been better as the follow up to RG's story and then your number one after this.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
Way too Wordy

Seemed like much filler stuffed around psychobabble. Any real emotion or motivation was missing. Easy to skim over large sections.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where is the regret?

She is sorry but has no regret. He still shell shocked by her complete disregard for him. It is like a piece of broken pottery. You glue it back together but it is worthless. It might hold water but only a fool would ever trust it to not leak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A dose of reality

People really DO remarry their exes. Even when the act that caused the divorce was unexpected, public and painful. I have a friend who did just that.

It was obvious that you have read "Love Languages" as well as "Seven Habits of Highly Successful People."

My wife's school just recently started talking about the "love tank" and it is funny that they don't know the idea is at least 20 years old!

R.

Rw43Rw43over 4 years ago
The original bridge

was substantive and vital, regardless of its beauty or lack of it.

That's why RG's story was so evocative. It was a landmark story about trivializing the most fundamental, treasured and beneficial things in our lives. It doesn't matter where the story went from there; the bridge was destroyed. It would never be rebuilt.

Have you ever heard the modern words to "Amazing Grace"? If you did, you'd forget them as quick as i did. Some things are at their best when they stand alone. Like a bridge.

meucimeuciover 4 years ago

At this point it is just over written boring and it should be left to die a quiet death. Unlike this marriage died.

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
Hmmmm...

So, hate languages and love tanks. Interesting way to look at things. I'll have to do a thorough Google search on the subject(s) when I get a minute. Even though the information you presented was an, a-ha, for me his explanations were a lot to take in and I lost track of the story. Several times.

Forgiveness is not out of the question in this situation, and its great that he sought to become a better person through introspection and vague self counseling to heal his soul or, shore-up that gaping hole in his tank. But, his lack of being the best him he could be did not give her permission to detonate, or burn down, the bridge between them. Hopefully he won't forget why he needed to go on this journey of self betterment. He needs to move on.

As for picking up and continueing someone else's stoy, not bad. Is there more?

greenman440greenman440over 4 years ago
Why bother?

Seems like you just wanted to justify your previous effort. RG's story was concise, pacy and too the point. This just rambles and ultimately lost my interest. I don't need a "real life" emotional exploration and resolution in a fantasy story.

So I agree with commentator "UndrApprctd", just too wordy and full of pyschobabble.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Interesting

Enjoyed the read. Isn’t the bottom line she’s a druggie slut with baggage?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unnecesaary

This is an unnecessary continuation. Besides the styles and story flow being off from the original it seems that you need to keep making excuses for Gloria. I don't understand your need to excuse her. She was written as a vain narcissist in the first story and she was in your first continuation. Yea. She lost weight and was finally feeling good about herself, but it is entirely clear that she never loved her husband or her family. She was a narcissist waiting to escape, and she did.

I guess I don't understand any need to make excuses for her.

I also don't understand your need to change the male lead into a rich guy. A construction worker is not "alpha" unless he owns the company? Total nonsense. A hotel manager can't get laid if he is not making millions? Bull. I actually think this would have been better of you were true to the original characters.

This feels like you are twisting things to fit YOUR narrative rather than the original intent of the story.

argeelogargeelogover 4 years ago
Lying

She is still lying about no physical contact with Gabe before or after “The Weekend”. Don’t start back up with her again Lyle, you fool.

Well written but too wordy. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Excuses

The (original) Bridge was one of my favorite stories here. This was a psychological story in retrospect with maybe some suggestions of recovery although this approach doesn't seem very good to me.

Not too clear how this could be done and if I would try writing here, it's not clear to me how I would/could accomplish that.

Nice try however.

T.T.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
This works better as an alternative sequel

As mentioned, there are continuity issues from your first sequel to this. However, if the other one - with it obviously being a long term affair - didn’t exist, this one works way better after the original story and matches better with the original story. Both are fairly well written but the plot holes going through all three don’t work. Its two completely different takes on the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How Could the Author forget what they wrote in chapter one?

Am I the only one that is baffled here? In justbobkc's first version, Gloria admitted being with Gabe numerous times before and after that fateful weekend in the mountains, even bragging about it. At the dinner date at the end of chapter one Lyle even confronted her with evidence provided by Gabe that he was aware of their affair. Yet one year later, in this current chapter, Gloria says she was only with Gabe one time and Lyle believes it. How could the author totally forget what hey had written previously?

jasonnhjasonnhover 4 years ago
All over the map

Just as your first sequel felt like it was about other people than were in the original story, so this feels like yet a different couple. It feels like you are piggybacking on the frame of the original story to expound on your opinions with very little effort to honor the original story and characters. This one was the most tedious of the three, babbling about empty love tanks. One thing it shares with the original is making the male lead wimpy. Oh, how empty his life is and how his confidence is gone because his wife was a cheating slut. Oh, the humanity. The original flirted in and out of pathetic. This one was all in. Then, after all the ponderous, groaning exposition, where do we end up? Nowhere. They are kinda dating, still uncertain how they feel, still unsure and unhappy. 3 pages of angst for nothing. I hope there is "NO" more, not even a little.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This was about as useful as a poop-flavored popsicle. This as simply a rambling, incoherent attempt at a ridiculous RAAC. Do us all a favor, leave the good storytelling to writers like RG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent analysis of interpersonal realtionships.

I commend you and exploring complex interpersonal relationships with real theory rather than angry BS. I personally hate the wimp husband stories and loath the BTB stories. There is a reason we are directed to forgive, not for the person who injured us, but for ourselves. I have worked as a counselor for men and women in various forms of crisis. Your exploration of motivations and consequences is excellent, although not complete of course. My experience is that many women who cheat do so because they hate themselves and have been told they don't deserve to be loved. It sounds trite but it is very often the case, in my experience. Thank you for your thoughtful exploration of a VERY complex human experience. To all those who were looking for something to hate women on (because your wife cheated on you) perhaps you should consider therapy yourselves. Most BTB lovers are very ill people.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 4 years agoAuthor
I've read every comment

Thanks to everyone voting and also taking the time to comment.

Probably most commenters won't ever come back here and continue reading other's comments, including this one. And I know the reader is "always right" - but really, skim readers who miss my continuity "trick" between my initial follow-up and this one? I spelled it out in the body of this story and in the afterwards and I will do it one more time here.

In this continuation I merely define the first one as authored by Lyle, himself, with a lot of his "imagining" what Gloria was feeling and doing. Maybe this is just weak - kind of like "and then he woke up and realized that whole dinner thing was just a dream!"

And I can accept that as a valid criticism, more than the whole "this one makes NO sense compared to that one!"

Oh well - never mind. I will gladly refund every cent my unhappy readers paid for this effort! :-)

I do have several other brand new and half-finished stories but most of my writing right now is an almost complete rewrite of my "True Lies - Redux" series into a full length novel I will self-publish on Amazon or some place if it ever gets finished.

I'm finding out that is a whole way higher level of effort than just publishing stories here. The reediting just goes on and on.

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
arghhhhh...........

some ppl don't know when to stop....

Gerald's original story was good as it is, there was absolut no need for sequell

2starrs

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 4 years ago
Having the HUSBAND apologize in page 1 .

Was 10000000% wrong and killed it

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Sorry--This Shouldn't Have Been Written

With respect for this writer's efforts, RichardGerald's story was complete and finished when he ended it. Nothing more needed to be said about the tragedy he described.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

Pretty easy. She threw away her husband. She did it cruelly.

She, as a child psych would have known the life long damage it would do to her children. She did it anyway.

I just don't see in the original story or your follow-up that this girl is a very nice person.

One could make a good case for her losing her license and custody also.

Don't see anyone ever considering her as anything in the future other than a toy.

Who would ever trust her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2*

Fucked up ending

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Different women

I loved your first sequel, as it shows Gloria in what I believe is her true self. Gloria in this story is a totally different woman. It's just a little confusing. Does this replace the first one? Doesn't seem like it could follow it. It was well written and interesting enough, but leaves too many questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I want another chapter

Keep on working toward a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Problem with the wife....

Is that she thinks she's smarter than the husband. She uses all the little psycho babble phrases to play him. She equates sex with the equivalent of taking a dump. The husband continues to be in love with this narcissistic excuse for a woman. He's just a plain sucker for punishment. And she's been playing him all along.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 4 years ago

Pretty good, but the decision and actions by her at the cabin were all on her, no one compelled her to trash her hubbys pride and push a surprise one sided swing with an insulting aggressive lothario.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ejected

I ejected after about 1/2 page. Felt like a road to nowhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Writer Error

As some others have said, you forgot some of the sex Gloria had when you wrote ch. 3. Writers need to be consistent with their facts and with plot loopholes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
She is toxic.

No way a self respecting human would ever go back to a cesspit of a relationship like that without extreme circumstances.

That's male or female.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Inconsistent

What of the videos Gabe sent, her admissions. The story did not flow.

FD45FD45over 4 years ago
I read comments

I also know gimmicks.

You had two choices:

Write a totally different alternate ending to the Bridge and clearly characterize it as a writing exercise.

Or use a cheap ‘Palpatine is still alive’ kind of unforshadowed ‘plot twist’ to justify whatever.

This is the later. You never suggested in the first sequel that you were narrating unreliably and you lose points for that.

Some of your insights into marital dynamics worked well but your 90 degrees story shift is not an ‘arc’ and folks singing you for it are not wrong

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Fascinating Effort

I got the feeling that a lot us did not get the author's final message about the fact that the second chapter presented is Lyle's version of what happened afterwards without evidence like the video tape. Unfortunately this device leaves me wondering when we are in "reality".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

Too much psychobabble. ‘Tanks’ for nothing.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
why

this should never have been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Did Not Seem to be the same Lyle

Not sure how to explain it, but this character seems to be a different person. The Lyle before was like Clark Kent, strong, silent and ready to save the day. This Lyle seem to be a shell of Clark Kent.

llyfrllyfrover 4 years ago
Story

Good story, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Affair

In ur pt 1 Gloria admits to an affair with Gabe prior to that weekend. Then at in dinner in this story she says she didn’t have an affair. Which is it?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Interesting

This just confirms what I have always believed: writing a sequel for other writer's story is not a good idea. You mentioned in the comments of the first sequel that maybe you should remove the story from the site. You could do that for both sequels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WHY THE HELL...

Does Lyle need to talk to this woman? That weekend said everything. It spoke loudly to her total lack of love or respect for him. He's got a professional able to help him deal with his emotions concerning the skank. To continue speaking to someone who shits on you like that is just not rational.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 4 years ago
5 for effort

but this only detracts from the original masterpiece, changing gloria from the cruel heartless bitch on the lookout for better, cannot be done.

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Good job.

I liked it. Much much better than 01.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Doesn't compute

This just doesn't fit after the great part 1. Too much psychobabble and the reconciliation just doesn't seem natural. Just my opinion.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

I liked it, and I think it tells a good continuation story. I liked this better than the first chapter.

Good story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"your letting it happen in all kinds of ways? You brought me up here TO Gabe! You did! You said you loved me and that I did deserve some fun! You didn't stop me when I said point blank I was going to spend the whole night with Gabe, fucking him. Do you see the logic here?" - Um, no. HE "let it happen?" He didn't bring her to Gabe, he brought THEM to what he though was a simple weekend party. She deserved fun, that doesn't mean fucking other men! He didn't stop her because she didn't give him a choice! "Do I have a choice?" "Not really...I'm just letting you know."

Too much psycho-babble, too much excusing her actions.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

I came back and reread the original Bridge and your followups.

Sorry, your followups continue to drift toio far in the improbable psycho-crap arena. Your Chap 1 sort of held my interest however this, Chap 2, totally caused me to drift away.

These are apparently two follow chapters of attempted rationalization.

dwhit48988dwhit48988almost 4 years ago
Afraid you lost me.

I think I stop reading or conprehending at "love tank".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I liked the psychobabble....

"The Bridge" is excellent and stands on its own merits. This and the other ".. - a little more" stories can not be an extension of the original - these are like an autopsy of that story and other stories of infidelity. I found myself 'applying' these concepts and explanations to "The Bridge" and other stories (and to my own life story, for that matter...) and found it all quite interesting and entertaining. My opinion, for what's it worth....

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkalmost 4 years ago
Nop

First the “Alpha males” shit, then all the talking about love tanks.... oh and on top of that this is a RAAC, what a clown world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Very happy that this author isnt writing a anymore. It's pure nonsense and drivel, should gave read the comments first. To many authors like this on this site. I like Btb and Reconciliation stories as much as the next other BUT things like this are frankly disgusting. Some things cant be fixed. STAY AWAY.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

I enjoyed the story

Would’ve liked for a conclusion tho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
For me

It was an awful rationalization of sillyness and psychobabble. Let's pretend people are not responsible for what they do while protesting they are.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WITH THE EARLY ANIMOSITY

thinking 50/50. on anything will be a stretch. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Is this a repost? The version I remember had a letter from Richard Gerald with his theory about women and their "princes" that they would expect their husbands to allow them to fuck.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Read it again

Pretty good writing but it read like a woman trying to write a man’s first person story. Thought that all the way through with the in depth discussion of feelings which took three times too long. Then he asked her to a Mariah Carey concert. WTF?

Can’t imagine why he would want her back but then he really is a bit of a girl so...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Please ignore my prior comment, I didn't realize this was Chapter 2.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Too much pscho-babble.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A torrent of Dr. Phil-esque psychobabble

There are no "deep, hidden" reasons for Gloria's actions just waiting to be uncovered by a "highly trained psychology professional". All you get are rationalizations that deflect and spread blame for what are in truth selfish and narcissistic actions. There's really nothing deeper than that. Unfortunately, necromancers, spiritualists, and psychologists (including "counselors") manage to make a living. The difference with psychologists is that the general public believes their schtick.

The quasi-RAAC with Gloria is nausea inducing.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

thought process:

You know what a really great story about a man jettisoning a lying fuckslut from his life needs?

A rambling story where he take the whore out to dinner and explained over two hours and shitty half baked psycho babble that it was really his fault the bitch cheated on him and he is ready for her to forgive him

Cucks get one star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
i read your closing explanations

But still you changed your own continuation of the story. They both come off differently. I understand the compulsion , because this is a story that bothers me as well. Also the "other love" story. Pick a story , and go with it. I like to believe the story as originally presented. This was her weekend to explore , and she thought he would love her enough to let her. He was totally unaccepting of this action ( but ignored all the clues until she went upstairs with Gabe. then his anger and hate kicked in , and retribution followed. He didn't do as she mindlessly hoped: he divorced her. A normal acceptible response. Don't really understand why his actions are taken into question either: seems like mostly things just went his way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

not near as good as the first one i can never see why any man would take a cheating bitch back and your second one was too much in depth with phycology kind of a turn off

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. Not nearly as good as your first chapter. Gloria just.underwent to much I'd be change to be believable.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Another reason this story gets one star

In your first chapter, as narrator you showed us the whore having sex multiple times and having an orgy, and her having sex before and after the weekend, and showed us the (now) cuck excoriating the whore with the fact Gabe sent him dozens of videos of him fucking the whore

But know she says she only did it the once, never before or after, did this cuck willing to take her back suffer a stroke off sceane that we are unaware of and forgot all the things he knew and all the proof he had?

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

it started off good as we got to see some progress with him then it just went downhill with all the psycho babble about love theories and an unsatisfactory reconciliation Gloria. She continued to lie during the dinner about her relationship with Gabe so it really sucked to see Lyle sleeping with her at the end. I feel like it would've been a better direction for a romance story; to see him mend his heart, find romance in someone else, and having a more fulfilling family life.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
EVERYONE!!! Note: “The Bridge - A Little More 01” and “02” are written ~3 1/2 years apart.

Also, a careful read of “02” will show that “01” is a story/scenario written BY LYLE (the MC) as a “kinda story” of what he, Lyle, imagined/ remembered/ extrapolated how that February meeting went:

...After our last dinner date (2 months post Christmas meeting) I wrote kind of a story about it. I tried to remember my own words and thoughts as clearly as I could. But I also imagined some stuff about you - your own thoughts surrounding your own actual words spoken that night and also that Christmas Eve you ambushed me at the house. Some of it is pretty far out and probably all wrong. But as a psychologist you might...

This was reinforced by a comment from Justbobkc himself earlier here within these comments:

“... In this continuation I merely define the first one as authored by Lyle, himself, with a lot of his "imagining" what Gloria was feeling and doing. Maybe this is just weak - kind of like "and then he woke up and realized that whole dinner thing was just a dream!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Should have quit while ahead

Total trash quit reading

Why?? Change her 180 degrees? Slut to ?

Not happening

jtwheels

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I know that the author was trying to explore and analyze a marriage falling apart. But, all the words just made me numb, and, perhaps it is me that has the prob lem, but I could not really understand anything at the end.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
RG in his letter to JBKC says “The thing is I believe Gloria has a way back. We will accept her behavior.”

Really? After the way she rubbed his face in it, not just once, but several times in a day and a half. It wasn’t even a vaguely subtle typical LW theme of “...she disappeared during the party for about an hour.” No, it was “...I'm spending the night with Gabe, ...I mean in his room tonight."

And a few paragraphs later — “... As I passed the door to the master bedroom, I could hear my wife's loud cries and moans of pleasure. She had always been very quiet in our love making.”

Does anyone see a way back from this? I sure don’t.

Then in RG letter he writes “We may admire Lyle but we condemn his actions.”

Really? I doubt 1 in 500 on Literotica side with that. More like they admire Lyle and ADMIRE his actions.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Sorry

But this is not even in the same class as the original, yes it’s a sequel but a poor sequel at that⭐️⭐️

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Hm, I've read this series the second time now but one point I still don't understand.

In Ch. 1 in the first part with POV of Gloria she said

".. was one of my new hobbies back then..."

"After that we would meet for long lunches."

"Not that we ate anything during those long lunches - except each other in EVERY way one could "eat" - tongues in every orifice, every nook and cranny, and me swallowing huge loads of his cum"

So she was fucking Gabe between the Christmas party and the weekend.

So why told in Ch. 2 that she didn't fuck him until this weekend?

Did I miss something?

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Just read this again. In her third talk with Lyle she lies thru her teeth to him again.

I’ll give just one example, she says at the Xmas party that Gabe just kissed and nothing else happened, lies!!!!!

The story from her in Chp 1 is that Gabe kissed her and fingered her as well, so well she had a minor orgasm.

Trust the lying bitch?

Never!!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous