All Comments on 'The Broken Circle'

by Racontica

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Exciting start ...

... really erotic build up. Can future chapters match - or pass - the fun & suspense levels?

RaconticaRaconticaover 4 years agoAuthor

I might continue with this one but I have a bunch of other ideas I'm working on for now.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 4 years ago
Why?

What's the ceremony about? What is broken and why? We need more info or this is going to be a short run. Painting with water isn't a new thing. Is this supposed to be like Bohemian Grove? The local hippy cult?

RaconticaRaconticaover 4 years agoAuthor
ShadowRosie

Question: What's the ceremony about?

My Answer: It's an initiation.

Question: What is broken and why?

My Answer: The circle.

Question: We need more info or this is going to be a short run

My Answer: In the interest of pacing I like to leave a lot up to the reader's imagination. I provide just enough structure to give form to whatever their imagination is conjuring.

Question: Painting with water isn't a new thing.

My Answer: Neither is the coins between the fingers. Most art is inspired by ideas already in existence.

Question: Is this supposed to be like Bohemian Grove? The local hippy cult?

My Answer: I leave that to the reader. Oddly, though, I actually imagined it in the distant past when I wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved this one

Very erotic vignette. TBH I’d never heard of Bohemian Grove but then I’m not Americans so maybe that’s why. I have a very vivid imagination which can occasionally be a negative thing.

As far as the scene goes I interpreted it along the lines of, she was always going to have to drop the coins because some things can’t be controlled. Either way it all sounded like a delicious amount of fun. I much preferred this story to the first one of yours I read, ‘The Lunch Date’. In that the male protagonist came across as a bit of an egomaniacal arsehole.

Tess (UK)

RaconticaRaconticaalmost 4 years agoAuthor
the future

I like the concept and have toyed with the idea of turning it into a whole novel of her infiltrating this secret society, but I haven't really gotten beyond this scene!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really liked this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous