The Caged Student Ch. 07

Story Info
The Student Challenged.
11.4k words
4.52
5.8k
1
0

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 02/04/2024
Created 12/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Driving up to the gate of Professor Cox's manor, I notice the shadows had grown long under the trees. Pressing the gate button with some force, I sit waiting for a response. Every mile I've driven today has only put me more on edge as I continue to idle outside. There's nothing about this situation I like at the moment. Ringing the buzzer a second time, a lady's voice finally answers.

"Mr. Montgomery?"

That lovely voice! I immediately shove aside any aggravation that might be present in mine. "Yes. Miss Holeman?"

"Sorry, Mr. Montgomery. I was tied up for a moment. Please come in."

The gate slowly rolls aside. Steering around the curved drive, I just get the car parked as Mr. Cox comes out to greet me. He's attired in his formal professor uniform still looking very serious. I'm dressed as I usually am on a Saturday evening in a casual button-down shirt and slacks. Maybe I should've put on a tie or something? Feeling a little off-balance, I extend my hand as the older man greets me.

"Good evening, Mr. Montgomery. Please come in."

Once again, I'm led to the office. After we both situate ourselves, I notice there's no sign of my ward. "Will Sally be joining us?"

Mr. Cox takes a long breath. "I would like to speak together a moment before we go see her, Mr. Montgomery..."

"Call me Collin."

The former teacher nods once. "Collin then. Let me first tell you that, as I expected, Miss Yeager has been a true test of my abilities as a disciplinarian and teacher."

I guess that's one way to describe Sally. I would call her a real pain in the ass. "That doesn't sound very positive, Mr Cox."

The former professor gives a commiserate shrug. "I can report to you, that after much effort, Sally has made a definite improvement in her scores for the work she missed."

I could hear a big 'but' coming. "Sounds good. What's the bad news?"

"There have been some," the old man searches for the right word. "irregularities concerning Sally's behavior both yesterday and today."

My mood goes from bad to worse. "Such as?"

"For one thing, Miss Yeager is constantly lying. I think we both knew that would be the case, but even when caught cold, she would continue to deny or explain herself with another one. It's all very frustrating."

"So; have you made any progress there?"

The robed man shakes his head sadly. "I thought we had earlier in the day, but then I caught her in another one. I can't explain why. It just comes as second nature to her."

I look up at the ceiling. "Why am I not surprised?"

"I had such high hopes for today as well. She just can't get through her head that the truth will eventually make things better in the long run."

I grip the arms of my chair. I had hoped that Sally would see reason while she was here and really make a turn for the better. There's no way I'm going to be able to keep her under control.

"Let me tell you what happened and you can make your own conclusions," Mr. Cox says taking up his lecturing voice. "When Sally arrived, we introduced her to the facilities here, which I will show you soon. After that, began to to teach her lessons about her behavior. My focus on the subject was about her decisions and how it effects others. Miss Holeman and I did have to perform some minor corrections during this time."

I furrow my brow. "Was she....?

"She was fully clothed during mine. Miss Yeager began to understand how serious the situation she was in and all was going as planned. Then, during the Mathematics lesson, she started to become disruptive. I had to take on an adversarial role as her behavior became more recalcitrant."

"Wait. When you called in the afternoon, it sounded like you had everything under control."

"This happened right after that call in the morning." He tilts his head. "I can't be sure, but it must have been a reaction to what I was saying about you."

"Me? Why?"

Mr. Cox breathes out slowly. "I think she felt betrayal, however misplaced it may be, that you allowed her to come here and face me. I'm guessing that it finally dawned on her what kind of situation she was in."

I should have known. That was Sally, though, always thinking the world was out for her if she didn't get her way.

"So I had to threaten her with the most severe punishment I could offer," Mr. Cox says sadly. "To cane her stripped bare."

I jump up. "What?!"

Mr. Cox places his hands up in a calming gesture. "Don't worry, Collin. That never occurred. I did imply that it would happen if she continued to behave as she did."

I settle down a bit and sit back in the chair. "That's a relief. Well, did she improve after that?"

The old man shrugs again. "Only momentarily. I did embarrass her after she started to wrestle Miss Holeman for some reason during Calisthenics."

"Fighting?!"

Mr. Cox nods seriously. "Collin, you have to realize that when she's confronted with her lies she gets very combative. It was quite the sight. Miss Holeman had to get Miss Yeager back under control. Hair pulling, yelling and unfortunately; my assistant had to pin her."

My mouth drops. "I can't believe it." I try not to dwell on the image of Miss Holeman putting my ward into some kind of judo hold.

"Once my assistant got things under control, I did use a ruler on young Sally." Mr. Cox looks a bit hesitant to continue. "I thought that would make her realize the futility of her actions."

"Did it?"

"Again, only for a time. The embarrassment of being restrained and fear of swift consequences kept things calm for the next few hours, until..."

"Until what?" I ask warily.

"First, let me explain what our plans were for her chastisement while Miss Yeager spent her time here. She was going to face a series of three punishments. The first was mine for her behavior in my classes last year. That was to be the least severe of the three. The second is the Headmaster's eight on the bare, which would have squared his requirement for the school."

"Two canings in a row?" I sit back in the chair. "Isn't that; a lot?"

"If done judiciously, one can receive that much punishment if spread out over several days." Mr. Cox sighs. "Unfortunately, my caning didn't go as planned. She wore slacks just as the boys did for a classroom punishment. I thought it only fair."

I see the reasoning behind Mr. Cox's decision and nod for him to go on. But the man didn't. He seems to stare above me for a moment thinking. "Professor Cox?"

"Sorry. I was just trying to recall exactly what happened. Sally started to goad me as soon as we began. It's almost as if she wanted for me to go overboard..."

"Is she hurt? Did you...?"

"I did leave several welts. I, however, did not permanently harm Miss Yeager in any way. My assistant checked on her immediately afterwards to take care of the injuries."

A mix of fear and anger is warring within me. "You should have called me."

"There was no danger. However, you can understand what I'm saying. Sally is nearly impossible to control."

"So where does that leave us?"

"This afternoon the Headmaster and I had a conference. It's his opinion that, due to Sally's reactions so far, we will forgo his punishment."

I look at the man in confusion. "So, it's over?"

"Yes, Collin. After discussing the situation and realizing that Sally will not change her ways unless something is drastically altered, we all agreed that there's no point in continuing."

The anger in me finally boils over. "So you're saying I have to send her off! Great! Thanks for wasting my time!"

The older man looks contrite. "Your reaction is understandable, Collin. However, it hasn't been a complete waste of time."

"What do you mean?"

"We have incontrovertibly determined just about every scheme and plot she has come up with over the last month. More than a few were for you."

"Her exposing herself to me?"

"Among other things. She was attempting to entrap you somehow."

"Dammit. I knew it deep down. After the bathroom incident, she had hinted at something. I... I locked myself in my room."

"Wise. But you shouldn't have to cower in your own home Mr. Montgomery."

No longer able to contain my frustration, I stand up and begin pacing. "So, what am I to do?!"

"I recommend that she doesn't return with you."

"What?!"

"Calm yourself Collin. It's for your safety. Can't you see you shouldn't be alone with her?"

"So, what? Are you going to keep her here?"

"Exactly. We have been given legal standing to handle exigent circumstances such as these. I have already contacted her mother to confirm my decision."

"Wait a second. I'm the guardian!"

"Again, calm yourself Collin. You'll have the final say. I've only just confirmed that the mother isn't interested in taking custody of Miss Yeager."

"Not surprising."

"So the young lady will remain here until you determine what sch..."

I stop my pacing and turn to the seated gentleman. "Mr. Cox?"

The man's face has gone blank for a moment. Finally, his eyes slowly refocus back on me. "Sorry." He coughs. "I have been speaking throughout the day. Care for some refreshment? A drink perhaps to calm the nerves?"

That didn't sound half bad right now. I nod.

The man clicks the intercom. "Miss Holeman. Could you bring us two drinks?"

The response is immediate. "Yes, sir. Do you have a preference?"

I see the old man glance at me. "Umm... Whiskey?"

"Bourbon for Mr. Montgomery, if you would."

"Yes, sir."

Realizing that the striking lady would soon be coming, I sit back down. "So, you were saying that I'd have a decision?"

He smiles. "Ah, yes. There was just one other thing I had forgotten about. The Headmaster of Warrington did say that if Sally could be made to change her behavior significantly, she could return."

"But you said it's impossible. You said she shouldn't even stay with me!"

"I am sorry. I did get ahead of myself a bit. I only bring it up because I can see you are extremely frustrated right now."

"That'd be about right!"

"Well, if the situation at home could be brought under control, then..." He let's that hang for a moment.

"At home? How?"

"Why the discipline, of course."

"If you have any suggestions I'll listen. But..." Just then Miss Holeman enters. Seeing the lady in a form-fitting red dress, I sit up a bit straighter in the chair.

"Gentlemen."

She strides over in her patent black heels and bends down to carefully hand me one of the drinks off a tray. I watch her very deliberate movements as she serves us, and I feel a warmth rush to my face as she smiles demurely at me. Coughing, I try to keep a serious demeanor. "Thank you." Her pale blue eyes linger on me and my heart rate begins to rise. Slowly raising the glass, I find that the golden drink smells quite potent.

"An old-fashioned. I hope it is to your taste."

I put the glass to my lips and take a gulp. Oh my god! I smile trying to cover the pain of the burning stream going down my throat. "It's excellent..."

The tall blonde stares at me a moment. "Not too strong I hope?"

"No." It was. Trying not to cough I nod as the burning slowly fades. "Thank you."

Mr. Cox taps a finger on the desk and the tall woman turns to him. "Sorry, sir. The folder you requested earlier." The old man takes the manila folder from her and she backs away.

"Miss Holeman, you have overseen some of Miss Yeager's time here. What would be your opinion of her?"

The blonde stands, still looking at me intently. "Um, yes. She's the most infuriating young woman I've ever met. Deceitful. Intransigent. A real bull in a china shop."

"Colorfully put." The old man takes his glass, which is filled with a clear liquid and ice. "And what would you say she responds to most effectively?"

"Immediate punishment. Not just the threat." She stares down at me with those clear blue eyes. "Corporal punishment especially."

The old man nods. "Thank you for your succinct answer, Miss Holeman. I agree with you on all counts."

"Will that be all, sir?"

"l believe so. You may retire."

I catch myself watching the woman's amazingly toned figure as she exits gracefully. Slowly, I take another pull at my drink while trying not to focus on the nascent stiffening I feel under my trousers. Hearing a cough from the older man I force myself to refocus on our prior conversation. "Oh, yes. Just what were you suggesting about me and Sally?"

"Only that we have found the young woman to be responsive if challenged. Today we only had to hand spank her over her clothes, and she straightened right up for a few hours."

"A few hours? And then she did something else?"

"Yes. Yet it was a drastic improvement. Three times in two hours yesterday, if I remember correctly. That is why I brought up the other option."

I freeze in my chair suddenly realizing what he's implying. "You want me...?"

"Yes, Mr. Montgomery. If discipline can be maintained at home as well as at school, then we see a path forward."

"I don't... I can't believe... It's not legal, is it?"

"If all parties agree. In your case, I have amended the agreement to make it official. After attempting several strategies with her, this seems to be the only one that actually gets results."

I stare at the Professor behind his desk and see the certainty of the man. I'm angry. I have to admit it. Sally has put me through hell the last few days. But this? I down the last bit of my drink and realize I have a bit of buzzing at my extremities. Just how strong is this? Placing the glass on the desk in front of me I look up at the older man. "I've never done anything like what you're suggesting Mr. Cox."

He nods. "That is part of why I'm here. When the new law was passed, the city foresaw a need for someone of my skills. If you are willing, I can walk you through what will be required."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. "Sally won't agree with all of this."

"To the contrary, Mr. Montgomery, she already has." He pushes the folder delivered earlier out it in front of me. "After all that we have done, Miss Yeager seems to have come to grips with her situation. With no other choice but to attend a strict school with boarding, the lady finally agreed."

"That doesn't exactly sound voluntary, Professor Cox."

"It is the best we can do in this amount of time. However, the point is moot if you are not willing to enforce discipline." He places a pen on top of the papers. "Threats do not work with her, Mr. Montgomery."

I stare down at the new page of the agreement I signed yesterday. The added paragraph restates the same terms I allowed for Mr. Cox to punish Sally but with my name in his place. To my astonishment, Sally's signature is already filled in below and dated today!

"As you can see, we have had some progress. So if you could sign just below..."

My hand moves toward the pen but then I hesitate. "I wish to speak to Sally before we do anything, Mr. Cox."

"Of course. She is waiting for us as we speak."

Still not believing all of this could be true, I sign in the appropriate spot. The older man suddenly rises from his high backed chair and walks over to the second door. I slowly do the same. "Where are we going?"

Mr. Cox points. "This way, Mr. Montgomery. Let me give you a brief tour of our facilities."

Taking a few steps, I become reticent. What's in there? Well, Sally of course. I have to confront her one way or another, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't feel a little nervous about what I might find behind that door. Setting my shoulders, I nod for the man to continue.

* * *

Sitting on the edge of the bed in my slacks and blouse, I feel very strange. Well why shouldn't I? The Headmaster said this would be my first test. To try to use my power, but in a managed way. He said I have good instincts, but I need to control my urges. To control my fear. I know I can get through this. According to the Headmaster, 'Old Baldy' is even now convincing my 'Caregiver' to punish me somehow. Right after Collin arrived, he went to where Beth is in another part of the house to wait. Now it's all up to me.

There are the footsteps starting to come up the stairs! I try to keep my heart rate under control as I hear 'Old Baldy' explaining things. He's trying to impress Collin. Oh, yeah. It's so wonderful how you locked me up here, isn't it? Mr. Cox really did fool me today. All that stuff about my grades and getting good with the Headmaster. Acting like he didn't know all along. Trying to compose myself, I clasp my hands and hunch over a bit. I'll just meekly sit here and let them hang themselves.

The handle turns and I look up at the two men entering the dorm. Mr. Cox has an air of self-importance. Almost immediately I become uncomfortable to be even in the same room with the old man. That weirdness surrounds him just as I felt it sometimes yesterday. Collin comes in much more slowly. He's pretty easy to read. Nervous as hell; but there's something else. I wait as he studies me and my surroundings.

"Sally, are you well?"

Don't give anything away. "What do you think, sir?"

Mr. Cox shakes his head. "Miss Yeager, I have already informed Mr. Montgomery of the events that happened these last two days. There have been several mistakes, made and for those, I have apologized to you and Mr. Montgomery."

"Yes, sir."

"I have also made him aware of my recommendation to the Headmaster on the conditions of your return to school."

"The three punishments," I say beginning to turn my hands in my lap.

"Which now will be two. That is, if you will submit to Mr. Montgomery being in charge of your chastisement as of tonight."

It's exactly as the Headmaster said. Okay then. "You mean my Guardian...?" I say worriedly. I can't help but play with Collin. The man looks reluctant as hell. What is it? I thought this would be easy. Trying what I did with Mr. Cox I get; absolutely nothing. They keep talking as I keep trying to concentrate on Collin.

"Yes, Miss Yeager. He will if you state so now."

I watch as the old man grins a bit. So he thinks he has me. Collin is a different matter though. He's opening his mouth and I just know he'll back out. I don't give him the chance. "If I can stay at school then," I say drooping my head staring down at my lap. "I guess so." There's a long pause, as I'm sure Mr. Cox is caught off guard. Collin finally speaks up.

"Sally? Do you really want to do this?"

I listen closely and hear it. Frustration. But still, there's that something else. "Sir, if this makes you feel better and I can stay..."

"None of this makes me feel better!" Collin waves his arm to the window. "Do you know what I've been going through all day?!"

Holy crap! He's really mad! "No, sir."

"I've been calling and seeing the parents of everyone who's been involved! Including Susan's. Do you know how much trouble you got her into?"

I wonder if I have the power to just make him hit me. No. The goal is to get both of them. "I'm sorry," I say nodding my head meekly.

Mr. Cox steps in. "You can see at least she is willing to show respect, Mr. Montgomery. With a strict regimen through the rest of the school year, I'm sure the two of us can keep her in line."

Ah! So the old man's making promises he won't keep. To make it hard on me to stay with Collin if he agrees to that!

"Professor Cox, I'm not a violent man..."

That strangeness from 'Old Baldy' intensifies. "Of course not, Mr. Montgomery. That is why I am here to guide you. To do things properly if you will."

I almost feel sorry for my former caregiver. That's how I have to think of him now. Does he even sense what's happening? No. Not clueless Collin. The younger man's shoulders sag and he looks back to me.

"Sally. Are you going to clean up your act? If I threaten to be this way, will that motivate you somehow?"

I have all the motivation I need. "Yes, sir."