All Comments on 'The Cannabis Cup'

by SelentiaBoss

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A modern day Walter Mitty!

You have your dream: go you.

But your dream is so unique, so specific to you that no one else can share it. That's why your "training facility" has failed to get any traction in the real world, and it's why this story fails. There's nothing there for anyone but you to get their teeth into. The diet is too specific to your needs.

You can keep doing what you've been doing for however long you've got left (10 or 15 years, I'm guessing) and more of the same will keep happening: people will just ignore you. Or you can try to empathize with someone else for a change and maybe connect.

The universe is not going to deliver the players in your personal story to your door. No contortionist, no puppy girl, no fem boy, none of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pure comic gold

I especially love the part where your voodoo pseudo-science about "forest therapy" is going to bring down a pony play community that has had the audacity to thrive in the absence of your "leadership".

"This truly is incredible stuff Avril. It should make the indoor latex show ponies feel pretty stupid"

Comic gold, indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This one is def the worst

They're all so bad it's hard to pick, but this one just fails in so many ways, from lack of knowledge of actual farming to the belief that there would be a pro-sports level audience for something this silly, to general lack of writing skill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Writing is knowing what not to write...

You're in love with your own little world: we get that. You want to make it rich and detailed, but you've gone way past that point, and thrown in a ton of detail that only you want. For the rest of us, this is boring as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Accentuate the positive, eschew the negative

Your writing would be a lot less horrible if you simply presented what you see as good in your vision, without constantly bashing people with differing viewpoints.

All I'll take away from this is the little digs at others, and that you had to end it by taking one last potshot at someone you don't like: "This truly is incredible stuff Avril. It should make the indoor latex show ponies feel pretty stupid"

You're pouring way too much energy into being bitter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why? Why? Why?

I read two of your stories: I knew this one was going to be bad. Why did I read it? Please, dear God, why?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous