The Catch-Up Ch. 07

Story Info
Summer Camp brings a quiet nerd closer to two sexy athletes.
16.4k words
4.83
57.9k
84

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 03/01/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
starcall
starcall
884 Followers

Disclaimer: All characters are 18 or older.

Author's Note: Thanks for waiting! Here's the new chapter.

I posted this in my profile, but I'll post it here too-please don't leave comments or feedback just asking me when the next chapter is coming. I really appreciate the enthusiasm for the story, but those kind of comments don't encourage me to write any faster. I have other things going on in my life and I write when I feel like it.

What does actually inspire me to keep writing are constructive comments about what you enjoy about the story or what you'd like to see next. Thanks for all of those!

CAST LIST

New characters are added after their first chapter. I've decided to pair down the cast list to characters that are mentioned/relevant to the current chapter.

AJ: Our protagonist, a quiet, nerdy, guy, but nice and well-liked at the small high school he just graduated from.

BRIDGET: A sardonic, tomboy friend of AJ's who's gay and a bit of a stoner. Messy tawny hair, usually under a beanie or baseball cap, hazel eyes, and a more feminine figure than she lets on.

SADIE: A newer friend of the group, rumoured around school to be a bit of a slut. Short, curvy and famously busty, with long blonde hair and bright blue-green eyes. Loud, bubbly, and a little wild.

MACKENZIE: The most popular girl in school and captain of the pom team, who AJ lost his virginity to on prom night. Slender and fit, with sleek, brown to blonde ombre hair, big blue-gray eyes, and oh-so-perfect, "Disney princess" features.

GIGI: A wealthy, glamorous and intimidating member of the pom team and friend of Mackenzie's. Wavy black hair, bronzed light brown skin, catlike amber eyes and full, sensuous features. She's Brazillian/Colombian, tall, toned and curvy.

DYLAN: Track and volleyball star, another friend of Mackenzie's. Very tall (around 5'11") with long legs, slender except for her round, volleyball player butt. Very short, platinum blonde hair and hazel eyes.

AMANDA: Part of AJ's friend group since the start of high school. A Mormon and star soccer player with very religious parents. Tall and athletic, with curly brown hair cut above the shoulders and brown eyes.

KIERA: AJ's coworker at Daisy Dairy ice cream, who's a year older than him with a dry, sardonic sense of humour. Petite with reddish brown hair, girl-next-door good looks.

CHARLOTTE: Class president, bossy, ambitious and studious. Cute, with round, soft features and brown hair she always keeps pulled back. Short and thick, with surprising curves.

EVA: Reagan's friend, another Junior who's on the Pom Team. Half-Egyptian, with long, dark hair and a fit, petite body. Watched, but didn't participate in AJ's first blowjob from Reagan.

REAGAN: Grant's ex-girlfriend, a Junior who had an encounter with AJ on the last day of school. Petite, with brown hair in a retro bob and dark blue eyes.

PAIGE: AJ's best friend since middle school, who used to have a crush on him, although he only liked her as a friend. Curly auburn hair, big brown eyes, a little chubby. Sweet, smart, and sensible.

RANI: A very shy, awkward friend of AJ's.

GRANT: AJ's best male friend, who often overshadows him without meaning to.

* * *

The summer had flown. Like the calendar had flipped forward when I wasn't looking, we were suddenly partway through August.

"Okay, I'm out of here..." After a late afternoon rush at Daisy Dairy, I hurried out of the bathroom, changed out of that dorky uniform.

"Yeah, don't rub it in. You have your Monday shift?" Kiera called casually from the back.

"No, I'm like... gone gone, remember?" I poked my head in.

Her mouth dropped open. "Seriously?"

"I told you, I'm ending a couple weeks early 'cause..."

"...Your stupid camp, right." Kiera rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. Despite her regular ball-busting, we'd spent a lot of time together at this place and it was nice to see that she actually cared. "Well, come here, Jesus!"

I hurried over and she wrapped me up in a tight hug, resting her head on my chest. "Have a good first year of uni, dork. Don't do anything stupid."

"Got it." I felt a sharp, strange pang of anxiety at the mention of university. I'd almost forgotten how soon it would be. "I'll see you around."

She let go and looked up at me. "Actually, speaking of stupid... you didn't end up texting that Gigi girl, did you?"

"...Okay, well, I gotta go!" I started backing up out of the back room. "Have a good rest of the summer!"

"AJ! Did you actually?" Kiera leaned out, but I was already heading towards the front door.

"Bye!" I waved with both hands, the bell tinkling as I shoved it open with my butt.

"I'm gonna kill you...!" Kiera's voice followed me out into the sunshine.

On the walk home, I thought back fondly to my chaotic Friday night with Gigi. Not to mention this morning.

Waking up on a Saturday was always a great feeling, but rousing from sleep with a naked girl rubbing her ass on your morning wood was something else. Gigi had put me inside her before we were both fully awake, and we fucked like that, spooning, until she pushed me onto my back and got me off with her mouth again.

When we finally got up, I'd offered to help her clean up her place since it was a bit of a disaster zone, but Gigi said she already had cleaners booked, so she had me eat her out on the kitchen island instead, until she came, cursing in Spanish in the morning sunlight.

I had to get back for my last shift, but our goodbye kiss got a little involved and I'd ended up fucking her one last time on the rich carpet of the foyer, on her hands and knees in front of that giant mirror.

I don't think I'd ever forget the way her moans reverberated off the high ceiling, and that sight in the mirror. I'd been fully clothed again, glasses back on, with my jeans unzipped to pound Gigi on all fours, her tanktop rolled up around her swinging tits and her thong pulled to the side. Only after I'd exploded all over her back did I get out of there, saying our final goodbyes with her still lying on the carpet, panting, well-fucked and a bit of a mess, but making it look good as always.

I'd really never expected our chemistry to be so good, and she was surprisingly affectionate and fun to be around between the sex. Unlike Sadie, though, I was pretty sure we'd get bored of each other if we hung out for more than an hour or so without fucking.

At the thought of Sadie, I felt that anxious dread of the upcoming school year return. Gigi, Mackenzie, Paige, Grant, and Rani were going to prestigious, far away universities, Amanda to an LDS college in a different town, while Sadie, Bridget and Kiera were staying here for community college.

Douglas U was only two hours away, but with all of us busy with school and not owning a car myself, I doubted I'd get to see my friends very much. This summer had been full of surprises, changes, and a whole lot of wild fun I'd never seen coming. And on my way home from Daisy Dairy, I was a little bummed to feel it slipping away

But it wasn't over yet. I had my two week gig at Camp Silverbirch starting tomorrow, and I hadn't started even packing yet.

Camp Silverbirch was a couple hours north of the city and counselors were supposed to drive up on Sunday morning for orientation before the campers arrived Monday. Amanda, who had been going for years, first as a camper, then a counselor, had actually gotten me the job, and picked me up bright and early at six A.M.

She was as energetic as usual, despite the early hour. "Morning, newbie! What do you want to listen to?" She popped open the glove compartment gesturing to her old school CD collection.

I flicked through gingerly, blinking sleepily into the sun streaming into the car. "You know there are artists other than Shania Twain, right?"

She gave me a smack. "Rude! Just for that, I'm picking the music."

Amanda grabbed a Shania greatest hits and stuck it in the CD player, singing along immediately and loudly. I actually ended up joining in once we hit the highway, especially when it was clear I was not going to catch up on my sleep.

Once the album ended we stopped for coffee and back in the car, Amanda outlined what the day was going to look like. "...And then after orientation we usually play some wrap-up games which are really fun, and then we have dinner and a campfire, just the counselors."

"Oh, yeah?" I'd watched TV shows and movies about the antics camp counselors got up to, but knowing Amanda, I wasn't sure if Silverbirch was that kind of camp. "Do people usually stay up late and stuff?"

She gave me a sideways look. "Yes... people stay up late. Official lights out for counselors is 12, but people always push it and Sheila the Camp Coordinator doesn't really care as long as people are up and not hungover for the kids in the morning."

"Wow... does that happen sometimes?"

"AJ, I'm not stupid!" Amanda tucked a curly dark brown lock behind her ear. "I know you're like... into partying now. I'm not gonna judge you."

"I like it... I don't know if I'm into partying..." I started, but Amanda snorted.

"Oh, whatever. I really don't care! You don't have to, like... censor yourself for me. You guys just all think I'm so innocent..." She huffed, gripping the steering wheel.

"Cause you are." I grinned. "Do your parents even know you're alone in a car with me?"

She chewed her lip. "Well, I didn't actually tell them, but... it's not like it matters."

"I mean, I am a boy."

"Barely!" Amanda said matter-of-factly. "Anyway, you can't talk! Just because you started drinking and got your first kiss doesn't mean you can call me innocent."

I raised my eyebrows, glancing out the window to hide my expression. Amanda was significantly behind the times, but I was honestly relieved that there was someone who didn't know all my business.

"Yeah, you're right," I said quickly. "Do you ever feel like... going crazy and rebelling or something?"

She shrugged. "Sometimes, I guess... I don't know. I don't really think that's me."

I nodded. As much as Amanda fit the "before picture" of the stereotypical repressed Christian turned wild party girl, I really couldn't see it for her. She was a pretty sheltered and devout Mormon, but she'd found her own ways to rebel against her parents, like hanging out with me and Grant (non-Mormon boys!) and Bridget (a dreaded lesbian).

She just cared more about God, soccer, YA novels, Gilmore Girls, and funny YouTube videos than partying and boys, and was therefore sheltered by choice, kind of like I had been.

I just hoped that she really wouldn't think less of me if I happened to get drunk with the other counselors, because I did want to have some fun without losing a friend.

Pretty soon we were turning onto the dirt road that led into Camp Silverbirch, nestled in the woods with a bunch of cabins, a mess hall, admin building, and plenty of open space. Amanda said affectionate hellos to Sheila and the some of the other returning counselors who were already here, and introduced me.

We were a motley crew of 18-21 year-olds, and I wasn't surprised to spot a few familiar faces Amanda had mentioned working here before. We said hi to Dante Woods, tall and quiet, from our grade, and Charlotte St. Pierre, our senior class president, who I thought would be perfect at bossing kids around.

"Silverbirch newbie, huh?" Charlotte said to me.

I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. Is there an initiation or something?"

"No, obviously," she snorted. "I just hope you're ready to work hard. This isn't a vacation."

"Don't scare him, Springsteen. It's really not that bad..." A familiar voice said gently. I turned to see Dylan Nystrom join our little circle. She looked outdoorsy in a loose, red flannel shirt over a tanktop and running shorts that showed off her long, sleekly muscled legs. A pair of Wayfarers rested on her short, slightly boyishly cut blonde hair.

"Springsteen?" I asked, genuinely happy to see her. We'd never really talked in school, but that one wild night in Mexico had forced us to get closer than I'd ever expected.

"Camp nickname. Y'know, because Springsteen is..." She pulled me into a quick hug.

"The Boss. That's funny." I murmured into her ear.

She giggled, before stepping back. "You'll get one, too. It's so fun that you're here!"

"Yeah, Amanda's been telling me all about... everything..." I trailed off, catching myself as I spotted who'd arrived with Dylan. I'd almost forgotten Eva Nassry was going to be a counselor here. The petite, half-Egyptian girl was saying hi to Amanda, wearing jean shorts, a striped croptop, big sunglasses and a sun visor, her black hair pulled up into its usual high ponytail.

With her sunglasses on, it was hard to tell if she'd been looking in my direction, but as my eyes landed on her, she adjusted them self-consciously and turned away. I grimaced inwardly, really hoping this wasn't going to be an awkward thing for the entire two weeks.

After everything with Mackenzie, Sadie and Gigi, the fact that Eva had watched me get my first blowjob and gotten caught in the crossfire a little didn't feel like that big a deal. But given her lack of experience at the time, I could understand why it might be weirder for her.

The orientation consisted of a tour of the camp and its activities for us new counselors, an overview of the schedule for the upcoming week, as well as assignments, duties and rules of the camp. As a certified scaredy-cat as a kid, I'd never been to an overnight camp, but there was a ton to do, and most of it seemed actually pretty fun. Sheila signed me up to help supervise archery after seeing me try it out (thank you, fantasy novels!) as well as drama games at Dylan and Amanda's urging, and some miscellaneous craft and nature activities.

The day was a blur and pretty soon night fell and all of us counselors gathered around the campfire. It started with some innocent, but fun campfire games, only to kick up a notch when Sheila went to bed and someone appeared with a cooler of beers.

"It's really next weekend that gets crazy. We've got the kids tomorrow, so we can't go too hard." Dylan sipped her beer, leaning back on the stump she was sitting on and crossing her legs. I was sitting with her, an older, Asian girl named Jenny, and Amanda, the only counselor not partaking.

"No kidding. Beans overdid it a little last year," Jenny chuckled, raising her eyebrows at Dylan. Beans was Dylan's camp name, short for Beanstalk, for obvious height-related reasons.

"Can we not, please..." Dylan whined, covering her eyes with a hand.

"What happened?" I grinned.

Jenny leaned towards me. "She had to leave in the middle of a swim lesson on the first Monday to go throw up."

"Okay, first off, it was my first time drinking ever..." Dylan started, lifting a finger, pausing.

Amanda's jaw dropped indignantly. "Oh my gosh, you told me you had a stomach bug! I totally covered for you to Sheila!"

"No-that's what I was gonna say, I also did have a stomach bug!" Dylan insisted.

"Yeah, Bud Lite-itis," Jenny muttered and I cracked up.

"Would you two stop..." Dylan kicked my stump with her sneaker. "Amanda, I swear... I really did have a stomach bug the day before. And I still owe you big time for that."

There was a bit of an awkward moment as Amanda huffed, crossing her arms. "Well. Now I'm just happy you had to walk around all day with a puke stain on your t-shirt."

Then she giggled, and we all laughed, including Dylan, though her ears turned bright red.

Eventually the subject turned to what my camp name should be.

"Hm..." Dylan narrowed her hazel eyes at me with intense focus, and it was only thanks to the beer that I didn't look down out of nervousness.

"Are you psychoanalyzing me?" I laughed.

"She's feeling your energy. Beans is good at camp names." Jenny nodded solemnly.

"That's true, she came up with mine." Amanda straightened, casually tugging the wrinkles out of her tanktop. The neckline was modest, of course, but being that I was slightly buzzed, the gesture caught my eye, lingering on the way she filled out her shirt, the fabric stretching tight across her chest.

I quickly looked away, putting my face in my beer, only to have Dylan grab my hand. "Hey!" I laughed "What..."

"Hold still." Her touch was cool and soft, her fingers long but delicate, nails neat but unpainted. Given that she was an inch taller than me, her hand looked surprisingly small next to mine.

I was happy to wait as Dylan screwed her eyes shut. "Hmm... connecting with your truest self... calculating..."

"Calculating... are you a psychic robot?" I laughed and she gave me a hard squeeze, opening her eyes.

"You broke my concentration!" She let go of my hand and sat back, shrugging. "I guess you don't get a camp name. Hope your joke was worth it." Her eyes danced teasingly as she lifted her beer.

"Seriously? Damn it." I shook my head. "I can't believe I missed out on a nickname like... Amanda, what's your camp name again?"

"Panda!" Amanda said proudly.

"Wow. Your creativity, Dylan..." I caught her eye, and she shook her head at me, grinning.

"Thank you!" She said with a slight bow, enhanced by her tipsy looseness. "Y'know, 'cause it rhymes with..."

"...Amanda. Yeah, I got that one, believe it or not," I said, deadpan, the girls giggling.

"I'll think of something, don't worry. You just might not like it." Dylan finished her beer and crushed the can, flicking back her short, mussed hair with a sly smile.

From the moment we woke up the next morning, I didn't feel like I got a moment to breathe for the whole day. From drop-off, to check-in, to welcoming the campers, getting them settled in their cabins, and splitting off for games and activities, it was chaos trying to keep track of the schedule and wrangle dozens and dozens of ten to fourteen-year-olds.

As condescending as Charlotte had been, she hadn't been lying. It was a lot of work, though it was fun, too. I'd never pictured myself as a camp counselor type— but the atmosphere definitely brought me out of my shell a little bit. Some of the shyer campers seemed to gravitate towards me, maybe recognizing a like-minded soul.

In the afternoon, I showed up to help run my first session of drama games to see my co-leader already waiting. There was no mistaking the high black ponytail, crossed arms and sun visor—it was Eva, standing there in shorts, running shoes, and her white camp ringer t-shirt, tied off at the bottom to so it fit a little better.

Her face visibly froze when she saw me coming.

"Hey..." I said with a smile, trying to keep things casual. "Sorry I'm late... one of my campers had a nosebleed." I gestured to the large, drying bloodstain on my t-shirt, which I'd tried and failed to dab with a wet cloth. It was a small portion compared to what little Gavin Mercier had poured, faucet-like, all over himself.

"Ew." Eva grimaced, arms remaining firmly crossed.

"Yeah." I rubbed my hand on my shorts and hefted the binder of drama games we'd been given. "Do you want to go over what we're gonna do for today's session? Ten minutes left on break, so we've got some time before they show up."

"Sure. Whatever..." Eva murmured, taking a single step towards me to look in the binder. She was still avoiding my gaze, but her stammering awkwardness from our last encounter this summer seemed to have cooled into an uncomfortable wariness.

Maybe I was still amped up on the mild panic of trying to stem Gavin's rapid blood-flow, but I paused, shut the binder and turned to her. "Hey, if this is gonna be awkward anyway, maybe we should just talk about it."

starcall
starcall
884 Followers