The Challenge

Story Info
A 40-something woman signs up for a silly challenge.
12.9k words
4.48
30.7k
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following very dark story has themes of misogyny, non-consent sex, humiliation, abuse and other dark themes. If such content offends you, please do not read. This is an erotic FICTION story not meant as any sort of gender, political or societal protest. This is purely for entertainment and never meant to happen in reality. If you have issues with such kinks, please do not read.

"No, girl. It's too crazy. It's not me," I say, my face getting red as I say my answer. And no, it gets red not because I've had a few drinks, but because of what my friend is proposing.

I'll admit, I do like her idea, but it's too dangerous. Far too dangerous. It's for other people and not me. I wish it could be me, but it's not. I'm just too boring for something as spectacular as that. I'm the normal, everyday, boring 40 year old woman that never does anything super exciting. At least that's what other people must think.

"Come on, it's so you!" Katlin retorts excitedly. Katlin is one of my oldest friends as we went to college together. We've been through a lot together, as tends to happen when you know someone for a long time. We made a deal a long time ago that we would not let any longer than two months pass before we have to get together to make sure we always keep in contact.

The two of us are seated in a corner booth of this bar, enjoying something of a girl's night out. This bar, which Katlin calls an ugly dive, is my favorite bar. Not that I go to bars a lot or am an expert. It's just I really like this bar. It's special. It's unique. It has a soul.

It's an out of the way bar, which is never overly busy, nor is it populated by tons of hipsters or other assholes. No drunk rednecks, no over-the-top wannabe thugs, nor drunk middle aged women wanting to score with a college boy. Just a nice chill place with great atmosphere where you can have a drink in peace. Where everyone seems to mind their own business and leave you alone.

"Plus, it pays $5,000," Katlin mentions with a tinkle in her eye. She mentioned this before, so I know it's going to be her main selling point. And, the money is the only reason that makes me pause and consider the deal. That is a nice little chunk of change. And in theory, nothing could go wrong. But then again, everything could go wrong. That's why it's a called a challenge.

Katlin works as some fancy "Social Media Specialist." Content creators show her what they are about to post online and she tells them if it's ok or not. Basically she's the one that tells them not to post something because it's racist, sexist, homophobic or just plain stupid. You wouldn't think there would be a job for this, but there is. And believe it or not, it pays very well.

It's from her work that Katlin found out about "The Challenge," which is a new social media stunt. It's sponsored by some tech company which makes really, really small cameras. These are super small but record in clear HD quality.

These small cameras are supposed to be cutting-edge with tons of features. They are constantly recording where the footage goes into the cloud to be viewed in real time or looked at later. And from the way she explained it, these cameras are designed to attach to everyday objects like hairbands, or glasses, or whatnot.

In a way, this is super cool, like spy stuff. But it is also creepy. Who knows how many of these will show up in women's bathrooms, or dressing rooms or who knows where else. The only hope is that if they are too expensive the pervs won't be able to afford them.

What's the stunt, I'm sorry, "The Challenge?" It's basically to do whatever someone asks you to do for 24 hours. You can't say "no" unless it is life endangering or illegal. You have to say "Yes" to whatever someone tells you or asks you to do. That's it. That's the challenge. If I'm not mistaken, there's a movie about something similar.

The company promoting The Challenge says it's an attempt to get people to try new things. To open people up to new experiences so they can feel fulfilled and all that. Now, in reality, it's for them to promote their stupid recording devices. To plaster their company name all over the internet. And from what I understand, it's working.

The Challenge sounds ok in theory, it's just, you know, I can see bad stuff happening. I mean, what if someone asks you to, I dunno, have a gangbang with a bunch of homeless guys? Technically you would have to do it as it's not illegal nor would your life be in danger...I think. It's sort of a gray area. And a gangbang with anyone isn't something I would sign up for.

"You know, they even provide this special CBD oil to help..." Katlin mentions, holding out a small vial with a label of "CBD" on the side. She shakes the small vial and then puts it on the table for me to look at.

To this, I smirk as it's clear that the company isn't just trying to sell cameras but herbal supplements as well. Or if it isn't the same company, they partnered up with someone. Again, it's smart. Pushing your products through a social media challenge.

Katlin then pulls from her purse a small box that looks like a ring box. She sets it down next to the vial, marking that both belong together. And on the top of the box is the tech company's name, revealing the small camera must be inside.

I know why Katlin is pushing so hard for me to do this stupid challenge. And it's not because she wants me to live a little or to open myself up. Well, I'm sure that's a part of the reason but not the real reason. The real reason is that she gets a kickback. If she signs someone up and they go all the way with the challenge, she'll get money from the tech company.

"Still, I don't know," I tell her, trying to break it to her that I'm not going to do it. That it's too far out for me. That I'll just read about it on Reddit. I'll watch the funny videos from it and laugh, but never do it myself.

"Tiff...you work from home, you barely go out, I can't think the last time you had a date, and your cat is the only one that probably hears you talk," Katlin states in a blunt and serious manner.

This hit me rather hard as I wasn't expecting her to be so, well, blunt. It makes me sound like I'm a loser. A loser that hides in her house. Like one of those weirdos that buys a sex doll and pretends it is their girlfriend.

"Wow. Don't hold back, Katlin. Tell me how you really feel," I reply, a bit hurt. Katlin then gives me a sympathetic look. Yet it doesn't look like she's sorry for saying any of what she said. She seems more like she's sorry that I made her say all of it. It nearly makes me start to list why she's wrong. How I talk to a lot of people daily and I have plenty of friends online.

"Tiff, it's true and you know it. You aren't living life, you're hiding from it. All I'm saying is, well, live a little. Take a chance. Be risky. What's the worst that could happen anyway?" Katlin tells me in that soft voice reserved for people who have a life-threatening sickness.

"Alright Kat," I begin, finding my anger has risen quite a bit. It's now my time to be blunt. To let her know all the things that she doesn't see. To point out she is only after the money.

"What happens if I do your little challenge, and some creepy perv tells me to show him my tits? Or to give him a quickie in the parking lot?" I ask, seriously. I make sure to stare her in the eyes as I ask this, warning her to give a real answer.

"Well, if he's cute, there's not really a problem is there?" Katlin replies with a playful smirk. But I keep my stern look, showing that she knows what I mean. And that I won't drop it until I hear a real answer.

"The streams are all observed by the company, for legal reasons. Otherwise they might upload a snuff film and get sued all to hell. If, god-forbid, something bad did happen like you are trying to imply, it would be reported instantly," she explains, trying to wave away my concern.

"And say you did decide to give him a quickie. If he turned out to be a sex criminal, those cameras have a GPS on them, so they'll be able to find you within minutes," Katlin adds on.

I open my mouth to say it doesn't address my concerns, but I stop myself. Katlin has always been good at finding a reason that does away with your concerns. It's one of her gifts as a salesmen. No matter what I say, she'll make it seem small and stupid. And in the end, I'll end up agreeing.

"Anyway, no one is going to know you are doing the challenge. Not unless you go around shouting it or something," Katlin tells me, saying something I hadn't considered. I hadn't considered the danger of people actually knowing I'm doing this challenge. If they did, they would no doubt take advantage.

"Do the challenge. Then we'll hang out here for a couple more hours, you'll pick up fast food on your way home, and then go home and go to sleep. In the morning, go for a walk or something where there are lots of people. As long as you aren't alone or at home for 50% of the time, it falls within the scope of the challenge," Katlin explains what my plan should be.

Katlin looks me in the eye with an ole so familiar look. The type of look that seems to say she's ready for whatever concern I may have. That she'll turn it around and make me feel stupid for asking.

"You're lucky I'm tipsy, bitch," I tell her, pointing a stern finger. Against my better judgement, I decide to do the stupid challenge. I know it's fueled by alcohol as well as Katlin's gift of selling stupid shit. Otherwise I would never do anything this stupid.

I tell myself it should be fine. No one is going to know I'm doing the challenge, so it can't turn into anything dirty or dangerous. I just need to make sure if I do what someone wants, I don't make a big thing out of it. That I don't tell them the reason why I'm doing it.

And it's just for 24 hours, which I can handle. And you never know, maybe I will find something interesting I can get into. Like a new hobby or something. I doubt it, but I'm open to it. And hey, maybe I'll meet the man of my dreams. Some cute guy will ask me to open a door as his hands are full and boom, we hit it off and I find out he's a millionaire.

"Bottom's up, bitch," Katlin exclaims with a happy smile as she pushes the small vial of CBD towards me. Looking down at it, I had forgotten about it. It makes me wonder if I really need to take it. Surely I could do this challenge by myself and the drinks that I've had, right?

I examine the small vial closely. Normally I don't like taking things that I'm not 100% sure about. After all, this could be poison or something. I've never heard of this herbal company, so who knows what they put in their stuff.

The vial does look legit. It has that warning that you need to be 18 to be able to take it, which shows they are at least responsible. It also has the company's logo on it, showing that they aren't scared of showing who makes it. So many herbal supplements look so scary because it'll just have the label of what it is, and nothing else.

It's the weird concern in the pit of my stomach that makes me decide to drink the CBD. I know it's from stress at the thought of something bad happening, but I can't help it. But maybe this stuff will clear it up. Make that bad feeling feel not as bad.

Unscrewing the vial, I drink the contents like a shot. To be honest, anything that will help me through the next 24 hours will be greatly appreciated. I doubt this stuff will really do anything, as most herbal supplements are bullshit, but hey, maybe it'll work this time.

I was expecting it to have a strong taste, but it doesn't. It's rather bland if I'm being honest. Barely even has a taste. Like drinking water with a little bit of olive oil. But I drink all of it, where I have to take a sip of my real drink to get that bland taste out of my mouth as it begins to taste nasty.

When I put the vial down, I notice Katlin already has opened the camera's box. She looks excited to examine it and see how it works. It is super small as I don't even see it in her hand as she messes with it because her finger is thicker than it.

It takes Katlin and I a few minutes to figure the new camera out. You have to download a special app for it, but we do manage to get it connected. Plus you have to register it, create an account, sign legal stuff, the whole mess. I liked the part where they repeated that they are not responsible for us getting sued by someone else if we record them against their will.

In the end, we put it on my hairband. I normally wear my headband so it goes over my forehead. It's an elastic cloth type of hairband, so it's not going to go anywhere.

When we get the camera to turn on, it records pretty good. It basically records straight ahead, so it's as if it's recording what I see. Maybe a couple of inches up, but more or less a first person shot of what I'm seeing, which is sort of weird.

"So, I guess you have officially started the challenge...as of 5 minutes ago," Katlin says, looking at her cell phone. And to this, we order another round and toast to doing stupid stuff.

Once our drinks arrive, we talk more. I know she's trying to get my mind off the whole challenge thing, as well as waste more time. In a way, it's sweet as well as crude as she's trying to protect her investment. The only thing I really like about doing this is I like how nervous she is now, as she knows she is being recorded. So she sits up straighter, talks more educated and overall tries to look dignified.

"Well, I'm sorry to do this Tiffany, but I need to head home," Katlin tells me as she checks her cell phone again. From the look on her face she looks genuine about not wanting to go. I know she was having fun, even if we aren't really doing anything but sitting and talking.

"Charley is texting some high maintenance stuff," Katlin reveals with a sigh. I laugh at this, with this being one of those moments that I'm glad I'm not married. Charley is Katlin's husband. He's pretty cool but at times needs a lot of emotional support. Like when he gets worried when she stays out too late because he's scared she might meet someone better than him.

Then again, that's a relationship. I know Katlin demands the same from him at times. It's a give and take like all relationships. Just something you deal with when being with someone. One of those few things people don't think about when they meet a single person like myself. Where you find you have needs you didn't even know about.

Katlin gets up and asks if I want to leave with her. Since I still have half of my drink, I tell her I'm going to stay for a bit to finish it. This may make me cheap, but I paid for my drink, therefore I'm going to drink all of it. So I wish her a good night and watch her walk out in her normal sway.

Again the bar doesn't seem to notice her as she leaves. If this was any other bar, men would turn to watch her leave, especially as her ass is really firm. But here? Nope. Everyone stays in their own world, doing their own thing.

Now alone, I sit in my booth, a bit shocked that I'm doing that stupid challenge. Me. I'm doing a stupid fad challenge. Knowing me, I'll mess it up and it won't count. But might as well try. What's the worst that can happen? And I do like the thought of getting that money.

It takes me about five minutes to finish my drink. That's not really true, it only takes about another minute to finish it, but someone plays a song that I love on the jukebox. So I tap my foot and listen, enjoying the song. This bar tends to play the music loud too, where you can really hear it.

With my drink finished and a horrible country song playing, I figure it's time to go. So I get up and walk towards the actual bar. There I put Katlin and my empty glasses on top so that the staff doesn't have to go to the table to get them. Long time ago I was a bartender and always hated having to walk out and get empty glasses. It's silly, I know, but it's one of my quirks. So whenever I go to a bar, I always leave my glasses at the bar.

Yawning as I feel a bit tired, I head for the door. That's when a rather large gentleman steps in front of me. The very tall man stops me when I'm about five feet from the door. But the guy is so large that he actually blocks the entire door from my view.

At first I think we are just in each other's way, so I step to the side. Only he steps along with me. Confused, I do this again, stepping to the other side, to which he steps with me, making sure to block my path. It's clear he's doing this on purpose.

Seeing this, I look up and give him an annoyed look. It's a look to show that no, I'm not playing this game. That he can fuck right off because I don't think this is cute. I got better things to do, like emptying the trash at home, to which he looks like he could fit right in.

"Move over here," the strange man says in a firm but calm tone. He then points to the side, where there's a shady spot next to the staircase that leads to the second story of the bar. It's a spot rather far away from the door too.

I look at the guy trying to see if I know him. If I do, then this could be a bad joke of some sort. But when I look to see his face, I don't recognize him. To be honest, he looks like any background character in any book that I would read. A slightly overweight white guy, maybe six foot two inches, short brown hair, wearing a blue button down shirt and loosened tie. He's even in that weird late 20s to early 40s age range that I can never guess.

In what is only the worst timing ever, my head gets a bit lightheaded. Nothing too bad, just a bit of dizziness no doubt from drinking a bit too much without enough water. I do give my head a little shake which does chase the light-headedness away some, but it still lingers.

"Alright," I sigh, humoring the asshole. Whomever the guy is, he walks ahead of me very fast. He arrives at where he pointed, where he turns and waits for me. And when I approach, rubbing at my headache that thankfully disappears as fast as it appears, he stares at me with a strange intensity.

He's no doubt is going to tell me how pretty I am, and that he would love to take me home. That he's been watching me from across the bar, or some other corny line. If I'm lucky, he'll quote some 80's song lyric to me. Or telling by his age, it might be a 90's song. And if the guy is a super lame loser, he'll tell me a line from the movie, pretending he thought it up.

"Show me your titties," the strange man states, shocking me. There's no shame in his voice when he demands this either. There's only a hint of impatience. Like he's been waiting for this all night.

"E-E-Excuse me?!" I ask, disgusted and annoyed. The corny and possible sweet something I thought he might say is completely destroyed now. Now I see only a gross and nasty perverted asshole.

My head gets very lightheaded now. The dizzy feeling becomes extremely intense and is unlike anything I've never felt before. It makes me wonder if maybe I'm having a stroke.

But my anger seems to be stronger than my fear of what's happening because I fight the dizzy feeling. How dare this asshole! How fucking dare he. Fine. He wants to be gross, disgusting and perverted? Let me show him what happens to men like that who mess with me. Let me get the entire bar into this conversation by yelling in his fucking-ugly-face.

Only...something happens. I mean for my words to be loud and bold, so everyone in the bar hears. That they would be louder than the music playing. Everyone needs to know about this fucking pervert. That he needs to be kicked out and have the cops called on him and possibly the shit knocked out of him.

But my words come out as soft as a whisper. They are so low, even I don't hear them. Moreover, the moment I try to talk my head gets really, really lightheaded to which is feels like I'm floating. For a moment, I swear I feel stoned. Like I smoked a joint and it's kicking in. It's very close to the feeling, but not exactly the same. Time seems to slow down, my senses feel dulled, everything is just...stoned. I even get that weird, 'this isn't real' feeling I get when I'm stoned.