All Comments on 'The Challenge Pt. 01'

by BritStories

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
XactoXactoabout 2 years ago

While the on-line identities connection was a bit TOO convenient, your characters are well written and their dialog is sharp. I look forward to more chapters! 😎

BritStoriesBritStoriesabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you! A little convenient perhaps 😁, but in the next part which I’m writing now, his own insecurities will show so it needed to be someone Rachel knew in an offline capacity to show the contrast…and as we know, she doesn’t get out much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Just one critic

"Written in British English. Please take the time to let me know what you think."

This is so wrong, if you want to inform people that it is NOT written in American english I have no problem with that. There is one English Language and we can do nothing for the fact that Amercans do not use it.

Amrash, who has lost his password

BritStoriesBritStoriesabout 2 years agoAuthor

Oh Amrash, I hope you find your password soon! But I’m afraid I have to disagree. To my mind, there is not one English language, but a million (okay, a slight exaggeration…I don’t know how many) different variants of English across the world that are all equally splendid and equally valid, either as a first, second, or third or more language of a nation. Even within the UK (and within my household) we have endlessly fascinating differences in phrases and pronunciation.

I intended my sentences in your quote to be two separate statements; one alerting non-UK readers that they may come across a turn of phrase they were less familiar with as I write in British English, and the second asking for feedback on the story. I shall make it clearer in future submissions that these are separate in case this has caused any confusion 😊.

BiggaluteBiggaluteabout 2 years ago

Loved it. Good characters and descriptions and a nice flow to your writing. Going to read your other stories now and I sincerely hope you have many stories to tell.

BritStoriesBritStoriesabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks Biggalute!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBritStories@BritStories
Married and here for the writing - both sharing my own and as a reader. All stories are a figment of my imagination and most actions are not based in my reality. I love reading your comments and will try to respond publicly to these where I can, but private feedback is less li...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES