The Change Ch. 02: Hide and Seek

Story Info
Felix Rawlins struggles to figure out his mate.
1.3k words
4.51
4k
4

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/09/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm not perfect and it could use some more of something but I can't put my finger on it just yet or grasp the concept well but this is the first step. I appreciate all criticism especially constructive. But please be patient. Also, I do not own any of the picture or photos used in at least this chapter or book cover. Much love, Olivia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Felix left the Café, he got into his 2013 Cadilac CTS Coupe. Felix sighed, fumbling with the keys. Once he found the actual car key, Felix quickly shoved the key in the ignition, turned the car on and pulled away from the curb he parked on.

The entire process seemed to take an entire hour. He could remember exactly how he left Destiny. She had been cleaning his table. Her hair falling over her shoulder shielding her face from view, it might have bothered him if he didn't have anything else to admire. Instead, he gawked at the structure of her shoulders and how they blended beautifully into her back, down to her wide, ready hips...

Felix's wolf was howling and scratching at the already dwindling control over his instincts and movements. 'Come on! She's so close! What if another male comes near our mate? We need to mark her! We need to let all available males know that she is ours! Please' his best whined. Felix internally growled, clutching the steering wheel. He stopped at a stop light.

The people crossing the crosswalk had not noticed him until now, once they saw the look on his face, they were instantly spooked and hurriedly crossed. Felix, however, felt horrid, he hadn't meant to scare anyone. In a hushed tone, he replied to his wolf and pulled off again. "We can't take our mate yet, she's human. We have to court her first. Now enough of this! If you don't stop I won't go back to the Café".

That was a lie, both Felix and his wolf knew that they could not stay far from their mate, but it was a good tactic to silence his wolf. It mostly worked until- 'Well can we at least make sure she gets home safe? We haven't done that, and who knows what could happen, I'll be good, I promise! But I want to be out so I can get a good smell.' Felix's wolf grumbled ungratefully.

Again, Felix sighed then pulled the car over, thinking about his mate, he could have easily taken her right there. Unfortunately, he probably would have severely broken every table there before he was finished, not to mention Destiny might not have appreciated the openness of their first time. "Okay, I can agree with this one suggestion but I want all control. I'll let you come forward when we get closer. But for right now, I'm in control, your instincts might get in front of your actual intentions". It was true, for the most part, his wolf was a 'good boy', but his instincts and intentions were totally separate.

Felix opened his door, immediately the sents of the outside flooded in. He could smell fresh water from in the woods, he could tell it was close to his modernized village. Felix could smell the oak and pine trees, he could smell the nasty pollutants of the city, but beyond all of that, he could still smell the sweet honey-like scent of the female that tangled his heart in knots. Felix's wolf howled so loud in his mind that he had to grab his head to regain his balance.

Felix took a deep breath taking in the scenery to keep a level head and honestly trying to figure out exactly where he was. Felix climbed out of his car, huge trees stood about five feet in front of him. Their thick foliage creating nearly no visibility, if Felix was human there would be zero visibility. Felix looked around listening for signs of people. He heard a few but they were far enough that it wouldn't matter to change.

He could feel his beast stretching out, begging for Felix to accept the change. It was like an insatiable itch, the beginning of the shift. When Felix accepted his creatures request, he felt the burning as jet black fur started sprouting from every square inch on his body. His nose and mouth elongated with every so slight crackling sounds. His limbs followed suit, rearranging joints, and growing paws instead of hands and feet.

His ears migrated to the top of his head, growing pointy, sound penetrating so easily that he could hear Barney and Destiny closing and locking the doors to the Café, he could hear the steady beat of his mate's heart. Finally, a tail sprouted, completing the shift. The only other thing there would be to do is to give the wolf complete control over his body, but that would be dangerous this far from their mate. 'Alright, let's go ' is all he had to say to his wolf and they took off as one both looking to keep watch over their mate on her way home. Neither Felix or his wolf paid much attention to their surroundings as they ran. It didn't take long to where their mate was, walking down Main street.

She wore the same attire she worked in, something that would have to change once she accepted him as her mate and had been accepted by the pack. He watched as she walked, swaying her hips and growled internally, his wolf already begging for control he mentally reminded his beast that he could not take her. OnceFelix allowed his beast control, he could feel an abundance of emotions flowing from their bond, one being the primal instinct to mark her right there but Felix could also feel his restraint and mentally praised him for it.

He watched and followed silently, carefully placing each paw down making sure not to make a sound. Although it seemed like his efforts were in vain. She knew somebody was watching her, but she didn't look around, she paced her self. Destiny seemed to have a sixth sense, something she didn't seem to think that was out of the ordinary. In fact, she wasn't at all normal. Being able to sense what was within the surroundings of ones self was extraordinary. The question was, if she wasn't human, what exactly was she?

Destiny arrived at a building and punched in some numbers, Felix assumed this must be the apartment building she stays in, he took a mental note of the surroundings there was a gigantic library across the street, a kids playground next to it, filled with si-saws, slides, swings, and a big red rope tree, around it, were benches where parents could peacefully watch their children, and on the opposite side of the library stood a bakery.

When he looked back Felix saw that Destiny had already gone inside. Felix didn't want to leave his mate there but he had to go back to his pack sooner or later. As Alpha, he had paperwork and other things to do.

He sniffed around, making sure she wasn't in any danger, again he smelled the inviting scents of the trees, the streams, the pungent smell of the city and roads but there was another smell, Felix could smell rotting flesh, and death. Curious, he listened for signs of life, the forest seemed to stand still, except for the whistling in the trees and ominous raspy breathing.

A low guttural growl emitted from deep within his chest. Glad he decided to listen for danger, Felix found a dense spot in the forest, close to the apartment building, he was able to watch the front door and the back exit. Felix curled up in his wolf form and laid down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Chapter was edited using WhiteSmoke, a grammar, and punctuation editor. Any mistakes are purposeful, however, I still appreciate constructive criticism.