All Comments on 'The Chasm and the Bridge Ch. 02'

by NSCarter

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Good bridge chapter to set up a reconciliation with Julie and an asskicking for Urquhart-Drago. Othello? In a LW story? That’s new.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

The midsections of tales are generally the weak parts, lacking the groundwork of the beginning, and the resolution of the end. It's sort of true here as well. Good buildup and a few good insights, but not enough really happens to justify a chapter of its own IMO.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Being lazy again

Me that is ....exactly what 26thNC said...and thank you.

FljimFljimabout 3 years ago

Really good. Enjoying it. Looking forward to next episode!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Julie chose her company and her job over Jake in the first part all the way until her mum told her she was wrong. The complete turn around and now Jake is being told he is wrong for not trusting a lying wife by a counselor that took advantage of him sexually.

This installment just set it up to make it a weak reconciliation of a couple that needs to divorce.

Jake needs to get a different counselor and get divorced. Going back on tour with a band would be very helpful for him to reclaim some self esteem especially with the help of a few groupies

Part 1 is 5 stars

Part 2 is 1 star

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

I'm sure, there will be not just a simple recinciliation. Asshole will not stop trying to hurt Jake and there are a lot of possibilities. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story and a talented author. Thank you.

QBikkQBikkabout 3 years ago

I like where you go and how you go for it. I’m really curious to see how their relationship develop and what she did or didn’t do. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Like the first one I did liked this story. But I somehow had a feeling of dislike for the therapist. She (even though her actions were explained) what she did was still so unprofessional and self-serving. I seem to feel that she used Jake and looked some rationalization to justify her taking advantage of her "mentally-depressed" client. With that rationalization she also cheated on her husband but the dumb dude was a cuck anyway, so.

Still 4 star.

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

This isn't normally my kind of fare, but I'm enjoying this. Hope they post part 3 soon.

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesabout 3 years ago

Parts of this story are hard to buy:

1. Jake is asked to play with Sting. Jake is an apparently well-known leader of a group. Julie is surprised by this? Where has she been? How could she be so ignorant? This is her fucking husband! How could she be so clueless? It makes the fact that they are married totally unreal.

2. Then Greta, the unethical therapist, that fucked him to mental health. WTF?

But then Greta opens Jake's eyes to how there is no way that Henry would have seduced Julie without recording it so he could rub Jake's nose in it. Something Jake should have realized without Greta's help. But at least Jake now sees that Julie has not been unfaithful. The possibility of reconciliation has increased exponentially. I look forward to Jake and Julie reuniting in a future chapter.

Despite the need to get over all the WTF in this story, I still gave it 5 stars. I found it an enjoyable read.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Not much to really get me going in this chapter. One thing for sure Jake is never going to have any peace until Urquhart-Drago is totally destroyed. For me that's the only satisfactory ending to this tale.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

One thing I forgot in my last comment was that in Chapter 1 I didn't think there was anyway for you to save Julie in my eyes. I had her at 70/30 as cheating with Urquhart-Drago. As much as I hate shrinks Greta pointed out a very good thought. If Urquhart-Drago had done anything with Julie he certainly would have rubbed in in Jake's face. So now I am at 20/80 that she cheated. So you may have very well saved Julie in my view. Looking forward to Chapter 3.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I saw Chapter 3 come out and looked back at this one to get current on the story. I have no recollection of Chapter 2, so somehow I missed it. I loved the twist you inserted that could lead to their reconciliation, and possible growth of the marriage. "Greta" was right. If Julie had actually cheated Dragos would have rubbed it in his face with pictures and all. Well done - 5*! (Now...on to see where you really took us)

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Wish I had a teacher like her...

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
You had me at Billy Shakespeare!

Loved your use of the Othello parallels. You’ve pushed your plot well into the “this is possible, but...”. I do hope Wifey goes #metoo on her boss, ‘cause dayum!

On to ch.3...

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good need to finish these short chapters

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Enjoying this story

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like the tale, it's becoming interestinger & interestinger. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Divorce the slut julie. Kill the rapist henry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To the BTB crowd: have you even read the story? While Julie is not faultless and was stupid dressing up lingerie underneath, she is not a slut. Yes she hurt her husband by agreeing to be a PA for the evil asshole but (a) she was setup and tricked by her boss and (b) she did not know almost any of the backstory, something that Katie set right with like 3 minutes of dialog. That being said, Julie took her husband for granted and did something stupid going out to a so-called business dinner. It was obviously a setup. As was the stuff with Carole and her going to.his house before getting a taxi. Her problem is proving that she did NOT cheat. The psychiatrist Greta had some telling points for Jake. But Julie certainly has her own cross to bear. But how does this merit torching the supposed slut? How does it even merit divorce, assuming Julie can convince there was no sexual contact. We know from the doctor's logic (which is spot on) that they didn't even kiss. The really enemy is the evil asshole. I also liked how after talking to Katie and her mother, Julie cane to realize that she had been setup and told Carole and her boss to basically fuck off. They do have communication issues but that is a two way street.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

First chapter was better. This would have been fine but all the sexual history with the psychologist was disturbing. Wtf? Wad she married at the time? Probably not but was not made clear. But beyond that it is a horrible ethical breach. Just seemed like an attempt to toss sex scenes into what was an otherwise emotionally taut story. And agree with Anonymous comment from five months ago. Julie is a bit stupid and thoughtless, raking Jake for granted, but she is not a slut and is not worthy of a btb. Not remotely. Jake meanwhile appears to keep a lot of his life and past hidden from her. His sister was able to sort it out in a few minutes. Jake can't be bothered? Or too introverted except when banging his therapist or playing music in front of an audience. The craziest thing is that his wife, admittedly only married like a year, knows zilch about him being one of the top guitarists in the UK. What? That makes no sense.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous