All Comments on 'The Cheating Bandit'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Very good. Thanks.

Very very difficult to overcome anger, doubts, resentment, loss of confidence and reference when you are betrayed.

And above all, to hear afterwards that it is not so bad, that you can overcome it.

Serious for whom?

A separation. A divorce.

And set off again towards a new stage of his life even if it is not easy and leaves traces on the soul.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Clever! Getting free detective work.

5

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Good but not enough about why she did it.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Neat little idea, effective twist. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story and good luck!

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

As reader I would like to knowwhy she cheated and how long it's been going on.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

It was a great idea for a story. It's a shame you didn't flesh it out with dialogue and make something more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clever use of the police, like the story of the wife caught with lover on traffic-cam. That said, I think that if I had bear hands, I probably would have attacked them in the hotel room. 😀

Dare2BroDare2Broover 1 year ago

Great little story. Most areas of the USA have anonymous tip lines ( Crime Stoppers in my town ) so he could have been completely anonymous (like me). Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice use of the common “i saw my wife go to a motel during my lunch”. The use of police confession was great.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Nice plot ploy. D

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

soft on the btb but a very good way to keep all of your stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

pretty good story line but it was also pretty blah. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some consider this barely BTB, but I disagree. Male and female values are slightly different.

Interests of course overlap, but a woman puts a lot more stock into status. It's not exactly being rich or famous. But status. To know you are SOMEBODY important. Maybe it's a nice house, maybe it's being a high rank in a career. But her reputation is a much bigger deal for her than a man. A man will deal with a lot of public ridicule and come out okay most of the time. He is conditioned to be stoic. A woman...that becomes a laughing stock not so much. She lost her status as a married woman, a faithful woman, a smart woman, and a clever cheater all in one single swoop. And it isn't a handful of people that know about it, she's a local celebrity in this regard. And women want to know their breakup HURT their S.O. It validates them a bit. Her ex hubby threw her away like a paper plate. It's a lot of status and ego hits all at once. Of course she ran away.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I can’t stop laughing. My family has many Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) in it. I can a test that divorce is prevalent within their ranks. However not always due to cheating.

They all would be rolling over at the story and its creativity. They have several stories of off the wall happenings as well. Having a shot and a beer together is exactly what my LEO brothers and sisters would say about this matter in order to balance the scales.

Just another great story added to your collection.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Sweet little story!

Thanks for writing! This was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

YES!! 10 stars. The whore did it for years and was finally caught. Too bad shithead wasn't maimed for life, and cut something out of the whore, where she wouldn't want a dick in her again. Do this when she's awake of course, it would always make her remember...

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Kinda like suicide by cop. Divorce by cop - let the boys in blue do all the hard lifting, though in this case, I think they enjoyed the diversion. Very amusing. Thanks much.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

Our hero is one of the few men who have bear hands. Nice little story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 1 year ago

Who cares why? Would any reason make it okay? If there WAS some "good" reason, don't you think she would have tried to use it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ha, Good one! Nothing like getting the cheater to confess to the police in order to establish an alibi when they're a suspect to a major felony. Confession becomes public record. Cheater no longer has deniability. Divorce from a cheater is always worth it. The why and how long she was cheating doesn't matter. They excuses are usually self serving and self pitying.

lover1953lover1953over 1 year ago

Excellent little story. 5 *.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyable little story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

calling the cops was brilliant - thanks for the story.

SKHPSKHPover 1 year ago

Quite unique plot, thanks for sharing. But I missed the confrontation, the lame excuses and the remorse of the cheating wife. That is the beef of a cheating-wives-story. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Good story with a nice twist

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Good one Just_Words.

But a little dialogue after the divorce between the estranged couple would have been nice.

But thanks for the effort JW.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

A simple story, but a good one. As we say in the UK "She really kippered herself, there!"

PairadoxPairadoxover 1 year ago

A really good, tight, short story with an interesting twist to freshen up the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not bad. Not great, but for a flash tale it was very good.

.

4 ****

imhaplessimhaplessover 1 year ago

How he got revenge is very original; I prize originality over everything else, therefore 5* from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kudos for coming up with a new way to expose a cheating Slut! Very clever.

+++

Story suffered a bit with lack of a conversation between the MC and the slut after her affair was exposed. Even for a short one like this, would have been nice for readers to have experienced her trying hard to explain 😎

+++

This. Was a borderline 4/5. I hit the 5 🤗

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Interesting

Yarn keep it up

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Entertaining creativity.

Well done for an amusing flash story.

avidreader123avidreader123over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story, but one question. Was he thinking of breaking down the door and beating the guy with his bear hands, or his bare hands? You used the first, which makes me picture him with bear claws tearing the motel room door down. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What would have made it better was that if the new woman in his life happened to turn out to be the female bank robber and they both enjoyed their extended vacation in the Caribbean Islands.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 1 year ago

Just an outline of a story, no real substance to it though.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

Short and sweet! 5 stars.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Civil, but savage, nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An original take on the 'saw the wife...' (thought I'd read them all, so this was nice) and a realistic btb. 5 stars.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Something new. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I laughed so hard I split my coffee out thanks for your time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Certainly not a twice told tale, you get 5 if for no other reason than originality. I'd give another for the humorous story if I could! Thanks for making my day JW.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great short story with the proper ending! Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Only thing MISSING was the affects to his parents/family and what her embarrassed parents/family/friends had to say/do??? Salt in her wounds adds so much more realism. Still a great BTB....

\

5.5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

awesome twist of a turn of fate. well done

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Gee, Superman and Hubby miss the ubiquitous (one on every corner) phone-booth (private enough to change outfits at supersonic speed … and not leave a home-phone-number!) Cute story. Glad JWords got it out of his system.

4*

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Not really much of BTB; and the whole "oh woe is me i'll kill myself" makes the protagonist highly unsympathetic, sorry.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

4. The unfortunate problem with flash stories is they tend to have good ideas but little meat to the story. Very interesting revenge I'll say, definitely a unique way to get a confession.

Bargyn1Bargyn1over 1 year ago

Well done and written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay, I admit that the way he made it known to everyone that his wife was a cheat got a big smile from me. What an interesting mind Just Words has. Thanks for sharing your wit. 5*s.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Damn near perfect storytelling! Told so well, that it felt like a conversation with a good friend over a couple of adult beverages. The line about the Lexus was perfect! (A Toyota with a $20K Darth Vader-looking grill and logo!) So much story packed into less than 2K words! As always, your storytelling is several grades above we mere mortals! Equally stunning is that none of the Usual Suspects have found much to complain about or down-vote it! 5++++/5!!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Cute fairly well written story.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 1 year ago

Refreshingly novel, well done.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Nice different take on the usual BTB story.

This would have worked well as a full on story too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it, and it was an original take on the "I or a friend" saw her go into the motel with someone. Having to admit to cheating on her husband for an alibi really must have gotten her goat. Then everyone in town knowing she was cheating on her husband was the best part (being shamed).

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Well done and fun. Glad you shared.

Hooked

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Not bad and better than recent stories but felt more like a summary than an actual story

GriscomGriscomover 1 year ago

BTW, I don't mind that it's a flash story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

Interesting plot twist, funny and enjoyable little tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done and very creative.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Well done. Had to chuckle about the cops at the end of the story.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Another gem from J_W, master of the short story. What a great, embarrassing way to out the cheaters. Not to pick on one of my favorite authors, but with bear hands, he definitely should have ripped the motel door off and torn both of them to pieces.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

They can start their search right here in my home state. Bourbon Trail starts right down the road from me. Fun read - 5*

MissMudMissMudover 1 year ago

Very unique and funny! Thank,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it a lot, very creative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Inka2222, did you read a different story to the rest of us. Told straight off very little BTB and where did you find “oh woe is me, I’ll kill myself”? He dobbed her in, divorced her cheating arse and moved on.

Great job as usual from Just Words.

012Say012Sayover 1 year ago

Forced to confess - a 5 for just that, well written too

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Not sure why was this worth posting, it is too short, has no characters at all except the guy talking about his feelings, some foolish suicide nonsense in the beginning and typical hypocritical nonsense in the end "I have no idea where she is or whether they are together, and I can no longer care". Sure, while in the beginning you "contemplated suicide"? One bam no-tell rebound and that is it.

Just another of many lousy stories on LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Add dialogue and developed. Characters and it would be one of the most original stories on here ever!

I hope you are the one to flesh it out. It could be legendary

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A solid QuickMagazine 4. Huedogg2 may be mistaken - I don't see anything in this story about the MMC keeping all his stuff. Many noted the "bear hands" - a typo that eyeballs might have caught that computer editing doesn't. Not sure why the MMC and his new lady friend being on a bourbon search mission augurs well. Could have been what originally drew him together with his ex-wife, too.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year agoAuthor

@dark2donut2 - As always, I continue to wait with anticipation for the day I can read your first story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

D2D2 - GET A LIBRARY CARD IF THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU WANT. WHY TORTURE YOUR SELF AND THE REST OF US?

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 1 year ago

Cool short story. And so original a plot Always good reading from this author

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very clever tale to be enjoyed. LP

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Fun Read, Good Story, Good writing. Thank You for your effort. 5 stars to writer. I love a happy ending. What a Burn! LOL Mr Lexus lost his wife as well. Perfect ending! Thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought that there was nothing new in BTB that has already been told but you always surprise me. Congratulations good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

While well-written mechanically, much more dry and tepid than your usual. I don't require a BTB or a reconciliation. but this time I didn't feel engaged in the story.

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

Excellent. *****

69gman69gmanover 1 year ago

I like the way stories pop into your mind.. Very creative 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I like this story.

It was a creative idea to expose the SLUT, have her admit to the infidelity publicly, with no violence whatsoever. Works for me.

I think it would have also worked out even better if they actually snuck out the back window of the hotel did the robbery and had the alibi to use for their escape. Even sacrificing her marriage, but with the consolation of a great deal of money and a Caribbean Island getaway with her lover - now that would have worked as well.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

There isn't much to comment as far as Just_Words stories are concerned. It's standard good stuff.

However, his initial mention of baseball bat vs the kneecap caught my eyes.

The British and Indians would like to replace the baseball bat with the cricket bat and sometimes use the wickets as a potential poking agent. As of yet, there's no scientific comparison between the different bats in different countries. The ribs and knee caps remain the common target agents, though.

Someone should take this up, add more striking equipment like hockey sticks/golf clubs for the general knowledge and as good utility resource.

5*

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

That's what I call an elegant way to part with a cheater!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just okay. No emotion, which seems to be the usual fare on literotica.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story.. I liked it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed it. But lacking a lot of depth.

ro707ro707over 1 year ago

You may have written this story in jest but the truth is there are thousands of such real cases across the globe & time where affairs were publicly exposed during inquiry.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

A good idea.

Very well put in a plot and executed.

Well done Just_Words!

Top ratings from me.

jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

Love this.

keep on writing

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...