All Comments on 'The Chinese Lantern Bride Ch. 03'

by AlessaRose

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticover 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your talents with us. I understand choosing an earlier era to justify the premise of a ‘mail order bride’, however most of the story reads more contemporary. Dialogue, actions, manners, and especially the clothing mentioned, all sound very modern rather than appropriate to the time period. Just as an example, even the poorest of women would have worn multiple layers under her dress or the dress just wouldn’t fit properly. A minor detail, yes, yet these are the details that together lend verisimilitude to the work as a whole. I offer this as a constructive suggestion. Again, thank you for an entertaining read.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 2 years ago

Loving the interaction here. The pretend love hate from her as she sinks deeper into the rabbit hole

AlessaRoseAlessaRoseover 2 years agoAuthor

@nthisiastic

Ahhh, you caught me out. Admittedly, I'm not very good at period writing, and didn't really do sufficient research into time period to emulate it properly. I'll bear this in mind for future chapters / stories. In the meantime, I apologise if this took away from the story. I'll do better next time!

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it!

@Masterfuljim

Ah, thank you! I'm glad you like it. (: Thank you so much for reading and for leaving a comment!

NataliegliterNataliegliterover 2 years ago

I’m obsessed keep it going

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlessaRose@AlessaRose
I'm an aspiring writer looking to mesh two of my passions together - eroticism, and storytelling. I'm pretty new to writing erotic literature, and would appreciate any feedback. Thank you for taking the time to read my humble little works and giving me the chance to share a pi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES