The Christmas Bonus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great, I know this cute little bar just round the corner," Stacey led the way as a startled Belinda, who had thought they would go for coffee trailed along behind her. It was a quarter to six when they finally sat at a small table with their drinks and she felt her phone buzz silently in her pocket. Taking it out she saw there were two messages from Nick. She smiled at the first and responded to the second which asked if she needed a ride home.

"Just sat down for a drink with Stacey, I'll take a cab in a little while. Thanks for thinking of me." She hit send and almost immediately he sent back a reply.

"I'm always thinking about you. I'm gonna hang here and finish up some work, let me know when you're ready to go, and I'll come get you." She sent back a smiley face and turned her attention back to Stacey.

"Sorry about that," she rolled her eyes.

"Boyfriend troubles?" Stacey asked with a knowing smile.

"Sort of, it's a bit complicated," Belinda sighed. "That's a story for a different day. I am curious to know why you think you won't be on the team next year."

"I'm not sure I should talk about it, I mean I don't think it's a big secret or anything, but very few people know or could be bothered to find out, I guess. I feel sort of bad because you should know. I mean you're the queen of fine print. I was going to leave the guidelines on your desk a while ago, but you seemed to have stopped worrying about it. So I didn't," Stacey stopped talking to take a sip of her drink.

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about," Belinda laughed trying to make sense of anything Stacey had just said. "Slowdown and explain to me exactly what I should have known but didn't."

"A while back, I dunno a month or more you were real gung-ho about winning that Inspiring Young Women's award," Stacey said slowly. "You haven't said anything about it recently so I thought you finally realised that you can't win it."

"You think I'm not good enough at my job to win it?" Belinda was confused and a little hurt.

"You're the best at your job silly. What I meant was you're not eligible," Stacey continued to talk slowly as if stating the obvious.

"Now I'm seriously confused, why wouldn't I be eligible? I am a woman under twenty-five," Belinda frowned.

"The devils in the fine print," Stacey began rummaging in her oversized handbag. "I was going to give this to you months ago but I never got up the courage. I didn't want you or any of the guys judging me for it," she pulled out a long rectangular envelope. "I've been carrying this around since then, I highlighted the parts you should read. I'm gonna grab another drink do you want one?"

"Sure," Belinda smiled taking the envelope and looking at it curiously before opening it and taking out the papers it held. What she found was a contract and guidelines stipulating the term of the contract and the regulations imposed on the person who signed the contract. It was all wrapped up in legal jargon but the gist of it was that a young woman who through hardship or by nefarious means had found themselves working in illegal occupations could take up the options of working for the period of one year for the company rather than being incarcerated for her crime.

Belinda looked over at the bar, where Stacey flirted shamelessly with the barman as he made her some sort of cocktail, incredulously. Then her eyes went back to the document she held. The young woman would then be placed in the custodial care of the persons offering the contract for that twelve-month period in which she would work as a junior within the company they managed.

At the end of the twelve month period, each and any girl who had been given a contract for that period could vie for the opportunity to undertake training as a private executive associate and an agreed upon sum of money. This would come in the form of a bonus to assist in relocation the Northern Offices of the company.

Belinda was gob-smacked. It was all wrapped up in legal jargon which made it seem legitimate but what they were doing was grooming prostitutes to become high-class escorts. The senior partners would own any girl who signed this contract for the entire twelve months of the contract then discarded all, but one and then brought in a new batch the following year. Stacey couldn't possibly have known what she was signing she thought as the pretty young woman sat down with the two large pink cocktails.

"Don't look at me like that," Stacey shook her head. "I knew what I was getting into. Before you judge me, and the whole situation let me explain. Promise to keep an open mind and just listen to me for a few minutes."

"Okay," Belinda said dubiously still rocked by what she had read in the contract. Stacey took a deep breath and considered the woman she thought of as a friend and hoped she would understand.

"I was one of those girls at school that the teacher's called promiscuous. I loved sex, couldn't get enough. I wasn't looking for love or a father figure I just love the rush of it, the feeling of power and helplessness all rolled into one. I had a great home life, a solid group of friends, and I didn't do too badly at school. I'm no Einstein, but I didn't fail either," she took a sip of her drink.

"I didn't want a nine to five job or to sit in another classroom day after day in college so I took a gap year. I started to explore the kinkier sides of sex. I found the rich men with big wallets, and small dicks would fall all over themselves to sleep with me. I had a profile on SugarBabies and could pretty much ask what I wanted. That's how I got done for soliciting. I need some play money, so I organised to meet up with this dude who said he owned a mansion on the river. Anyway, long story short, I got busted July last year," she shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"When I got out on bail, a lawyer approached me with this deal, he gave me his card and told me to contact him if I was interested. Well, who doesn't want a get out of jail free card. My parents were so forgiving thinking that I just got mixed up with the wrong crowd that I hated disappointing them. So I thought, what the hell, it wouldn't hurt to hear what he had to say at least," she stopped to sip at her drink.

"He explained it all to me, what would be expected and what would happen at the end of the year. They have been really honest with me Belinda. I want you to understand that. They would never force a girl into this contract," Stacey was determined that she understood that. "They told me as it was my first offence they could get me off the charges with a good behaviour bond, whether I agreed or not. That way I wouldn't even have the threat of jail hanging over me to influence my decision."

"It just all seems so... so wrong," Belinda said quietly.

"For you maybe but let me tell you the last year, and a half have been fabulous. I live in a luxurious apartment. I have a healthy bank account. I get to escort the senior partners to very elite parties and dinners and the sex, wow, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. I even have some great friends at work," she smiled at Belinda. "I love my life, Belinda. I know that sounds crazy to someone like you but try not to judge me too harshly. If I was just a mistress, living off some rich dude and not going to work every day would it make a difference? At least this way I am learning on the job. Who knows when I am older and not as perky maybe I will go to college and that business degree everyone just assumes I have but have never actually asked about."

"God that's true isn't it," Belinda gasped. "I know I never questioned your qualifications." She laughed then and shook her head. "What will you do if you don't win the award?"

"I'm not sure," Stacey said. "Maybe see if Nick wants a sugar baby, he's so handsome. I often sit in the long Monday morning meetings and wonder how big his cock is," she let out a peal of laughter. Belinda tried to laugh along, but it was awkward, and she picked up her drink to cover her lack of humour at Stacey's thought.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Stacey asked as Belinda forced a smile to her face.

"Nothing," she said too quickly and cursed herself.

"You and Nick? Nooo," she drew out the word incredulously. "I'm sooo jealous right now. Lemme get another drink, and you can tell me all the gory details."

"Don't you have a curfew?" Belinda asked holding up the contract.

"No silly," she laughed. "I have my own life and they call before coming over or make a date with me. Tonight I am free as a bird."

"Then I guess the next round is on me," Belinda laughed, "Right after I make a call." She dug into her bag and pulled out her wallet. Handing Stacey a fifty she told her to get the drinks while she rang Nick.

"Hey," Nick answered. "I was about to call and make sure you were alright."

"Stacey and I are having a few drink at a little bar called," she looked around for a name and spotted a table marker. "It's called The Hub."

"I think you girls should probably ditch the drinks and get something to eat," Nick chuckled but concern laced his voice.

"I may have let it slip about us," she said soberly. "I'm sorry Nick. She made a remark, and I must have reacted badly but she guessed and I didn't exactly deny it but I didn't confirm it either."

"It was always a bigger concern of yours than mine," he said unconcernedly. "I am sure Stacey can keep your secret for a few days."

"I thought you would be worried, I mean it is Stacey," Belinda laughed with relief.

"I am quite happy she knows. Now you won't argue with me when I get there and insist you girls eat something to soak up all that alcohol," he said seriously.

"You're coming here?" Belinda asked as if she had misunderstood him.

"It beats sitting here wondering if some sleazy guy is trying to pick up my girl while she is drinking. I'll be there in fifteen," he hung up the phone, and she smiled.

"Look at you with that goofy smile," Stacey came back with their drinks. "I never met anyone I couldn't live without. Guess I am just not wired that way. So dish tell me how big is it really?" she held her hands a foot apart making Belinda laugh.

"I don't know! We've only been on a couple of dates," Belinda blushed. "I am not of those girls the teachers called promiscuous."

"You haven't slept with him yet? Baby you better get on that before someone else beats you to it," Stacey advised her.

"Stacey you won't tell the guys will you. I mean were just getting to know each other, and that's a lot of pressure," Belinda said.

"Seriously, you know I can keep a secret after tonight," she let out another peal of laughter.

Nick walked into the small bar and smiled seeing the two women laughing loudly together. He took in the empty glasses and the large cocktails still sitting in front of them. He walked over to the bartender and enquired about food but as it was only a small bar it did not cater for more than light snacks never a full meal.

He heard a wolf whistle and turned to see Stacey waving wildly and Belinda hiding her face in her hands, her blush visible between her fingers. He grinned at the waiter and walked over to the girls. Taking a seat and leaning over to kiss Belinda. She had said Stacey already knew, so there was no point in being coy about how he felt about her.

"Do it again I didn't have my camera ready, and I so want a picture of the office lovebirds to show the guys," Stacey teased and Belinda spluttered, her eyes wide with apprehension. "You're so easy to bait. It's like going fishing and reeling in a big one every time," she laughed merrily. She dug into her bag merrily pulling out her phone, "Now if you just move a little closer," she grinned. The phone began to ring in her hand, and she almost dropped it from surprised but recovered well.

Looking at the number, she answered it quickly and after a very brief conversation during which she seemed to immediately sober up she smiled at Nick and Belinda. "Dinner at wharf tonight," she seemed more than pleased, "Well, it's a tough gig, but someone's gotta do it, right? I'll see you guys at work tomorrow. Thanks for this afternoon Belinda, I had so much fun and don't worry your secret is safe with me." She winked and ran out of the small bar to catch a cab.

"I think we should go grab some dinner too. I somehow think you're a bit of a lightweight compared to Stacey," He laughed. "Let's go," he encouraged.

"She's fabulous isn't she?" Belinda looked up at Nick. "I had no idea who she really was until tonight, but trust me she is fabulous and a lot smarter than we all give her credit for," she said with conviction.

"Yep, she great," Nick agreed with a smile, "What would you like for dinner tonight?"

"Fish and chips!" Belinda laughed, "There's this place down near the bay that does the best fish ever and amazing potato scallops," Just talking about it made her hungry.

"You'll have to be more specific than that. There is a fish and chip shop every few meters on the esplanade," he chuckled as he helped her into his car. "Or I could just take you to the best one."

"Yes that's the one I was talking about the best one!" Belinda felt amazingly happy. She knew it was because she had drunk far too much. She rarely had more than one or two drink in an evening, and those cocktails were potent. She remembered what they were called and announced loudly into the quiet car, "Stacey gave me kinky sex!" Then burst into giggles.

"She what?" Nick turned his eyes from the road to look at her momentarily in surprise.

"It was the name of the drink silly!" Belinda continued to giggle. "She does like kinky sex though for real, but I probably shouldn't be telling you that, should I?"

"You two seem to have got to know each other pretty well. What else did you talk about?" Nick asked thinking Belinda's mood and giggles made her cute in a girlish way he hadn't noticed before, and he once again considered the age gap between them.

"She explained why I wasn't eligible for the Inspiring Young Woman award," she stopped giggling for a moment. "I'm good with that now. I hope she gets it, its what she wants though she said she would miss us all next year."

Nick was surprised, "What do you mean not eligible?"

"I can't tell you what she told me, she asked me not to, and it's not my story to tell," Belinda thought about it for a moment. "I will tell you just later after we find out if she gets it."

"It's nothing I need to worry about is it?" Nick worried about the gossip and rumors surrounding the disappearances of the winners of that award each year.

"Oh no," she waved her hands expansively. "It will all be good. We're her friends now, and we will make sure it all works out." Belinda smiled satisfied that she and Nick could help Stacey if she didn't win the award. She wished she had asked Stacey how many girls were eligible for the award this year.

Nick drove quietly concerned with the small amount Belinda has said about the award, but not wanting to push her to tell him. He trusted her judgement, impaired as it was at that moment, and she had said she would tell him eventually. His relief that she was definitely not eligible for the award though was palpable, and he kept the thought he was not about to lose her to some shady holiday with the senior partners foremost in his mind.

He found himself smiling as he pulled up in front of a small, fast food store called Barts. The place had been here since he was a kid, and although it had undergone a change in management in recent years, it was still the best place for burgers and fries or fish and chips along the esplanade. Nick ordered the food, and they drove down to a well-lit park where they could sit by the water and eat.

"We used to come here and watch the submarine races," Belinda grinned in the darkness and looked out at the still water.

Those poor guys," Nick shook his head before chuckling and teasing her about her ex-boyfriends, "Did you make them work hard as me, just to get to second base?"

"Some things are worth waiting for," she grinned up at him.

"They are indeed," he smiled and bent his head to kiss her.

*****

The last few days were a hive of activity for the small team as they pulled all of the small details into place for their Christmas extravaganza. They had organise valet parking red carpet and a small group of out of work actors to play paparazzi for an hour while their colleagues arrived to set up the atmosphere of the evening. Inside the place with littered with large screens so that the action could be seen from anywhere in the room once the awards got underway, but also to roll clips from iconic Christmas movies and carols. Belinda had chosen this particular venue for its atmosphere and as it was set up during the day she smiled at the effect that each carefully chosen decoration had added to the aesthetics of the giant function centre.

She and Stacey had both brought their costumes with them and aside of a quick break during the afternoon during which a friend of Stacey's did her hair; Belinda supervised everything, or at least tried to. Belinda had been very secretive about her costume with everyone except Stacey. The men would invariably wear a tux or dark suit anyway so there was no need to tell any of them what she would wear.

Half an hour before the doors were due to open for the early arrivals, Belinda and Stacey went to change. Hiding her long blonde lock under a sorter wavy wig Stacey transformed herself into Marilyn Monroe in a perfect replica of the iconic white dress from The Seven Year Itch. Curveous and bubbly the choice suited her perfectly though Belinda was sure there would be several Marilyn look-alikes at the function.

She hesitated before the mirror as she pulled the long black gloves of her costume into place. When she had chosen, Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's as her costume she had only been thinking about the women she worked with and if they could pull it off. Until today when talking with Ben about Angie's costume she hadn't considered the wives and girlfriends who might also choose such an iconic character to come as.It was too late now though, and she liked that her frame gave her the look she wanted.

"You look absolutely perfect! Stay right there," Stacey squealed in delight and disappeared out the door. Several minutes later she forcibly pushed Nick through the door and when he saw Belinda he stood and stared.

"God, you look amazing!" he finally breathed.

"This is why you couldn't wait and just see with everyone else," Stacey said as if exasperated. "I'll stand guard for two minutes but then you are out of here bucko!" She grinned at him and winked at Belinda.

"You were right. She is fabulous," Nick closed the distance between them and took Belinda in his arms. "I wouldn't have been able to hide my reaction out there," he smirked and kissed her.

She ran her hands up the front of his jacket. He had worn a white suit coat, and she smiled. She had lamented more than once that all the men would just come in black tie and was pleased that he hadn't.

"You're looking very dashing tonight, modelled on someone in particular?" She asked breathlessly.

"Casablanca. You mean you can't tell I am Rick?" he said with mock disappointment. Instead of answering she kissed him and smiled.

"You're perfect," she whispered.

""See you out there. It's gonna be a fun night all the way around!" Nick left her standing there and let Stacey back in. "Don't be long I'll find a bottle of champagne for the team to have a toast before we open the doors.

"You might want to take off that lipstick you're wearing first," Stacey giggled and handed him a tissue from her ample cleavage. Nick chuckled and left the room wiping his mouth and shaking his head.

"Thanks, Stacey, I don't know what I am going to do without you next year," Belinda embraced her friend and together they followed Nick from the room.

1...345678