The Christmas Bonus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They walked to the front where the men all stood looking handsome in suits in a variety of colours and styles. Nick handed the girls a glass of champagne each and asked one of the actors posing as paparazzi to take their photo.

"To us," Nick finally made his toast. "It is with a some real regret I won't be working with you all as closely next year but I will still be there to watch over what you're doing. No matter who wins the awards and bonuses tonight you, my friends are all the best this company has to offer. I am proud tonight to represent you as your team leader for the last time."

"You'll be missed," Mark held up his glass as they all toasted again as the sentiment was reciprocated around the small group.

"Let's get this party started then shall we? I'll escort the two lovely ladies along the red carpet if you gentlemen would like to find your partners," Nick announced. "We are going to walk that carpet along with everyone else and maybe even more than once!" He laughed enjoying the anticipation of the night. Everything was in place all contingencies had been dealt with and he was sure that everyone would have a great time.

They had brought in a popular radio host the company managed as the MC that the night and the team circulated trouble shooting little problems where they arose.

The smaller bonuses and awards started the night with administration staff and personal assistants gushing their acceptance speeches from the stage. During one long-winded acceptance, Ben used a hook from the side of the stage to attempt to drag them off much to the audiences amusement. Even with only the larger bonuses and awards being announced it still took time and needed to be kept to a pretty strict table of events. Courses for the dinner were served between each round of announcements, and the bar stopped serving so that people sat and listened regardless of the department being touted.

Ben picked up an award that would put him on the executive track the following year, and Belinda felt a pang of disappointment that the promised award and executive track she had been promised didn't materialise. She knew she could enquire about it the following week as they wound down the company for the year before the holidays, but she would have liked to have been called up on stage. It was late in the evening when Nick's partnership award was announced, and the team who all stood to the side cheered loudly in contrast to the polite applause from the rest of the audience.

"That," he pointed to the small group, "Is what makes them one of the best teams I have ever worked with. They celebrate the highs and lows together. Without them, I could never have enjoyed the successes of the last few years that I have led them. It is for that reason that the partners have allowed me to introduce you all to the 2014 winners of the Team Excellence award..." He listed off their names starting with Dom the most likely to succeed him to Stacey the most junior member of his team. As each of them took to the stage, the applause continued until they all stood huddled around Nick smiling widely.

"Only this team could have pulled off this event tonight in such a short space of time and a week ahead of the original schedule. Most of the credit has to go to Belinda Moore and Ben Dunn, who were the creative genius' behind the theme and responsible for much of what you see here tonight. Ben, Belinda..." He stepped away from the mic to give them some room. Belinda shook her head, so Ben stepped up.

"Belinda and I would just like to thank everyone for getting into the spirit of things tonight. I know she had worried that it would turn into just another black tie event, but you guys down in tech proved her wrong about that!" He laughed as a table of horror movie characters all whistled and hooted their acknowledgement. "Vincent Price would be proud of you guys."

"There was a titter of laughter as one young voice called out loudly, "Who?"

"Time as always with these events is of the essence, so thank you all for being such great competition to us. We really are surprised to have won this award," Ben finished and moved away again, and the team made its way off stage to be replaced by the senior partners once again.

As always they gave out the special awards and bonuses. Belinda stood next to Stacey holding her hand and seemingly more nervous for her than Stacey was herself. She needn't have worried though as Stacey Name was called almost immediately, and she ran up on stage gushing her thanks with a small speech that included her friends. The Inspiring young man was from the tech crew and Belinda wondered if there were similar circumstances surrounding his employment as there were for Stacey,

The third and oldest of the senior partners stepped forward. He was well known for being a public relations nightmare and the team all braced themselves for what he might say in his speech for the MVP award. The award was open to anyone who worked on a team except the juniors who were deemed to be still on probation. Belinda moved from her spot where she had been standing with Stacey to check that the bar was prepared for festivities following the end of the speeches as this was the all but last award of the night.

She moved behind the bar to help open another carton of chilled champagne and began to unpack it loading the bottles into the large sinks of ice. The crunching of the ice made it hard for her to hear what was being said, but she knew Nick and the team could handle anything that came up.

"Excuse me Miss," The bartender tapped her on the shoulder, "Are you Belinda Moore?"

""Yes," she said uncertainly. "Is there something you need?"

"They're calling your name," he pointed to the stage.

"Oh shit!" she exclaimed as she heard it when it was announced again and made her way through the tables with speed. Something must have gone wrong. She hoped no one was hurt falling off the stage drunk or something equally silly.".

Arriving beside the stage, she found Nick, "What's wrong? What's happened?" She asked breathlessly.

"Ah, here she is," The senior partner announced as Nick pushed her toward the stage, grinning. Belinda walked up the stairs slowly toward the beckoning older man. "Come on up young lady, now's not the time to be shy." He waited until she had taken his outstretched hand and moved closer to him. "Congratulations, a well-deserved award."

Belinda was speechless. What award? She looked down at the small trophy knowing she had ordered them all and anything she was eligible for had already been decided. She cursed herself for not listening to the old man's speech, and she looked in wide-eyed shock toward her team who were all cheering loudly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, 2014's Most Valuable Player, Belinda Moore," he announced and stepped back from the microphone.

"I'm not sure what to say," Belinda started quietly. "Never in my wildest dreams did I think..." once again she looked at her team and smiled. "The credit for this has to go to the fabulous team I work with. They not only encouraged and listened to me but created such a good working environment that I believe we have all flourished. Thank you so much guys! Of course, a team is nothing without a courageous leader who inspires those who work for him, so thank you, Nick. You're an amazing leader, and I know you will be an asset to the partners next year."

She turned to walk away from the podium and the hot breath of the senior partner who had stood far too closely behind her as she gave the speech, but he grabbed her arm. He didn't grab her hard. It was more of a gentle pull back to the podium where he kissed her before snaking his arm about her waist as a photographer took a few shots of him handing her the outrageous bonus check.

"I am sure we will see a lot more of you Miss Moore," he said squeezing her waist. Shell-shocked Belinda didn't react, staying silent and smiling for another minute before he released her. She slowly made her way off stage to be congratulated by the team. Nick seemed to be brooding as he hung back a little. He congratulated her in a friendly but formal way making her worry that she had upset him with what she had said on stage or not hearing her name when it was first announced.

Nick knew it wasn't her fault. He knew what the old man was like, but he couldn't seem to help the jealousy and accusation he felt boiling up within him as he saw her schmoozing up to on stage as she received her award. The fact that someone else had kissed his girl, and she hadn't reacted to push them away made him see red. He knew rationally that in the circumstances he was being unreasonable, but it bothered him a lot.

"One more award and then it's party time!" Ben said jubilantly acknowledging that the night had gone off without a hitch.

"We did it!" Stacey chimed in.

"We got the team award as well as some individual scores. Not too shabby for the smallest team in the company," Dom said proudly. He knew he would be named next week as the new team leader, but Nick had wanted to break the news to Phil himself on Monday after this event. He was excited to be leading the four members who would remain with him next year, as long as Phil decided to stay.

Much of the crowd dissipated as soon as the awards were over. Most of the people who stayed were young and in a partying mood, taking advantage of the free flowing booze and atmosphere of good will in the room. Belinda was supervising the small clean-up crew that had moved in to start the packing up of the event even though the venue itself catered for this. She had gained instant popularity with a variety of people she barely knew coming up to congratulate her and mention snippets from the old man's speech so that she could almost put it together in her mind. With very little left to do Stacey grabbed Belinda and pulled her over to a table pushing a glass of champagne into her hand.

"Have a drink with me," Stacey smiled. "I'm leaving for the Island on Monday and I am not sure if I will come back at all," she smiled lopsidedly. "I'm so excited. Thank you for not telling anyone."

"You know I think I will miss you more than you will miss me," Belinda smiled. "Keep my number, whenever you are back in town we will go out and have kinky sex again." She laughed at her own joke.

"You got it girlfriend," Stacey bubbled.

"Nick's in a strange mood," Ben said pulling up a seat with them. "Not exactly grouchy but someone poked the bear ad he's a bit testy now."

"Yeah, his face darkened a bit when he saw Richard kiss and grope Belinda on stage," Stacey nodded then realising what she had said. "He wasn't happy that Harry did it to me either. It's just that they're old men they don't really get that you can't do thatsort of thing anymore. They didn't mean anything by it. Nick's a good guy. He's just looking out for us like he has done all year." Stacey tried to explain away her remark about Belinda.

"I better go find him," Belinda said lightly, "Just to let him know I am okay."

Belinda saw him up near the stage sitting at a table with Phil, who had already sent his wife home to relieve the nanny. She could hear them talking as she approached, "...basically you need some time to work on your people skills. We all want to roll our eyes or wave our hands about madly at some of the things that get said in brainstorming meetings, but we don't. We wait and have a quiet word with that person to put them on the right track."

"Come on, Nick, seriously?" Phil sounded upset.

"Stacey thinks you're an asshole straight up. She doesn't see your brilliance with accounts and figures. She doesn't see the planning that goes into everything you do for the team because she gave up caring what you said and did about a month after she started with us. She knew you would never include her in what you were doing or ask her for opinion so she concentrated on Mark and Dom's portfolio's," Nick pulled no punches. Knowing that Phil didn't give a hoot about what Stacey thought of him added. "Belinda knows what you do, not because you have included her in your projects but because she has covered for you regardless of how you treated when she first arrived as a junior."

"The guys are all sound though," Phil said confidently.

"Honestly, your constant moaning and eye rolling when it came to Stacey grated on my nerves, so I imagine everyone was feeling the same. It's a team. Everyone is on that team, not just who you deem worthy. I am not sure Belinda would stay on the team with you as a leader and if she went Ben might follow," Nick said in an easy manner trying not to accuse him. "I want the team to stay together, you know you will do far more and far better with this team than with anyone else so I hope you support Dom. If you feel you need to look elsewhere, we'll understand that too."

Phil sat staring into his beer. He had made an idle threat about joining Brad's team hoping that Nick would give him the good news that he had been promoted to senior and would lead the team. Instead, he had been told that he wasn't a team player in the true sense of the word and despite himself he could admit all of the things Nick had said were true.

"You can't expect to mentor people who don't respect you," Nick said sighing, "I'm sorry Phil but I had to go with Dom. I can't even imagine what you would do to the next bubbly young girl who joined our team if you were the leader. Send her out for coffee during team meetings?"

"Yeah, I get it," Phil said morosely looking up and seeing Belinda standing a little way away watching them.

"Did you hear all that?" Phil scowled.

"Not all of it," she stepped forward. "I'm sorry Phil. You're good at what you do just not so good at all of the stuff the team has to do." Then she smiled, "I meant to catch up with your wife tonight and ask if it was your magnetic personality that lured a nice girl like that into marrying a hard head like you." She poked her tongue out teasingly making him smile.

"She is the one person who always calls me on my bullshit," he laughed. "Until now."

"I hope you stay," Belinda said sincerely, "Spreadsheets are my worst nightmare, I can deal with them well enough but go past the basics in putting them together and I get a bit lost. We need you and I would like to work with you in some upskilling next year."

Ben and Stacey arrived and pulled up chairs, "Dom and Mark are moving the lingering people on now," Ben reported placing two bottles of the champagne on the table. "Let's all have a drink together and celebrate another job well done."

Dom and Mark made their way back to the table as the clean-up crews began in earnest. They took their seats and looked around at the rest of the team. "Job well done," Ben raised his glass, and the others followed him chorusing his words.

"So now's as good a time as any to make a few announcements," Nick said. "Congratulations Dom, you are officially the new team leader, we'll do our hand over next week." Everyone toasted him and congratulated him on the appointment including Phil.

"Farewell, good luck and goodbye, to Stacey, who will be leaving us as of tonight. She will come in after the holidays to clean out her desk, but she is moving on to bigger and better things," he smiled warmly at her. The rest of the team toasted her. "Stacey someone once told me that you were fabulous and over time I have come to agree with them. Your energy and enthusiasm and your never say die attitude has won me over as well as the rest of the team I am sure. I can honestly say I am going to miss your smiling face around the office."

"I am disappointed to hear that Stacey," Dom said in his quiet way. "Some of your suggestions were way out there but even when you were shot down you kept smiling and never once stopped trying or doing what was asked of you. If we can find someone else with the same attitude as you, I will be a happy man."

"Geez, I think that is the most I have ever heard you say in one go!" Stacey stared at him wide-eyed, and Nick burst out laughing.

"We are seriously going to miss you," Nick repeated and held up his glass again and they all dank again.

"Hey, remember that time. I suggested we get strippers in for the war veterans? I am pretty sure Phil had a mini heart attack the way he was waving his arms around and spluttered," Stacey let out a peal of laughter. Phil choked on his beer and every else joined in the merriment. "You just gotta lighten up Phil, sometimes I said those things on purpose just to see your reaction but you had me worried that day!" She grinned as Phil stared at her incredulously.

The merriment went on until the night manager of the venue came and did the final run through with Nick. Taxis were called, and all charged to Nick's account and he placed Belinda in the first one for the two block ride to the hotel she had chosen. Taking his time to farewell everyone he then walked toward the hotel with a smile. It was late, and it had been a big night. He had quickly gotten over his soured mood after talking with Stacey, and he looked forward to spending the night with Belinda.

He had not known that she would receive the award and bonus she did tonight and even though he was happy for her it took the shine off the surprise he had planned for her. He patted his coat pocket ensuring the envelope he had safely tucked away there was still in place and walked into the hotel lobby.

"I believe my girlfriend has already checked us in, Belinda Moore," he said to the desk clerk.

"She had indeed, Sir. Here is your room key, the elevators are around to the left it's on the ninth floor, room 903. Enjoy your stay," he smiled as he handed the key over.

*****

Belinda was nervous. She knew she shouldn't be. She was hardly a virgin but she had made him wait for this a lot longer than she normally would have because of their relationship at work. She had wanted this moment to be perfect. Knowing he wouldn't be far behind her, she had freshened up from the long day and now stood deciding whether to remove the long figure hugging dress to reveal the sexy lingerie she had worn specifically for him or whether to wait and let him do it himself.

She considered the man she knew and decided to forestall any of the good guy sentiment about her being sure she wanted to do this tonight, by removing the dress herself. She heard a soft tap at the door and raised her voice slightly to say, "Come in."

She had arranged herself purposefully on the edge of the bed facing the door. This way he would get the full impact of the perfectly in place hair, make up and jewellery atop the satin lingerie and silk stockings.

"God," he groaned, "Some things are definitely worth waiting for." The door swung closed automatically as he dropped the bag he had been carrying and crossed the room to pulled her up into his arms. He kissed her deeply and smiled down into her eyes. "You are so sexy, and tonight you are all mine," it was a statement but she could hear the uncertain question in his voice.

Rather than answering, she slid her hands beneath his jacket easing it from his shoulders and kissed him playing the aggressor for once. She fumbled with his tie, and he helped her out by yanking it off with several big tugs. He let her take the lead as she worked to divest him of his clothes, her gentle hands brushing over his already hard cock as she removed his pants.

His gaze never left her watching how she moved and the soft creamy skin against the inky blackness of her underwear. He groaned loudly kicking off his pants and picking her up. "I'm sorry I can't wait any longer," he stepped toward the bed and put her down on her back pulling off her panties as he dropped his boxers to the floor. He kissed her deeply moving his mouth down her neck and across her breasts. He continued his downward path both loving and cursing the lingerie for block his path to her skin.

1...345678