All Comments on 'The Collector Ch. 01'

by EllaLilly

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well told

A gripping narrative. You really bring the reader into the girl's anxious state of mind. I'm not sure I want to read the second chapter though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Exceptional Writing

Also a very sad sign of the times, society at large has specific expectations about women namely that “good girls don’t do that”, “good girls don’t have casual sex” in a very male dominated world we’ve reached the point where women get judged harshly for enjoying sex. Things might be slowly opening up but it is very slowly.

So for example;

Over a 2 week period a single man has sex with with 4 or 5 different women.

Over the same 2 week period a single woman has sex with 4 or 5 different men.

Society at large is almost compelled to congratulate the man, or at the very least just ignore it. Historically, it used to be expected that men would go out and fuck anything with a pulse before settling down and getting married. At the same time the woman in this scenario would be condemned as a slut. Why would it be ok for the man to enjoy those random sexual partners/ liaisons but not the woman? There isn’t a sound reason, our society is fucked up. The only way forward is to not judge anyone.

All that aside, I too have no idea whether or not I can read any more chapters. It’s hard to gauge the outcome will it be consensual and and straight up sex as fuck or is going to be dark sinister and disturbing. Consent is the key.

Thanks for sharing.

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous