The Commute

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I just wanted to tell you something."

Dustin Laney, the newest employee of McAskill Landscaping services, made a pass on his lawnmower close to Terry's Mercedes at that exact moment. Reaching the far end of the lawn, he made a careful u-turn and headed back in the direction he had come. He peeped inside Terry's car, and thought that the fifty-something VP of a fancy accounting firm looked rather pale. Dustin wondered if his client had lost a major bet at the golf course this morning. Then he decided he really didn't care, as long as he was getting paid.

"Terry... Terry? Did you hear me?" inside the car, Coral's voice sounded tinny but still concerned.

"I'm here..." Terry replied, trying to keep his voice calm. His smartwatch beeped at him, telling him his heart rate was way too high for someone sitting stationary.

Go take a break

A flashing message on the screen of the device read.

"I was saying... I am- We are keeping it."

"Wha-... but how" Terry whispered.

"It doesn't matter. I just wanted to let you know."

"Why?" Terry steeled himself. "Why tell me?"

"We're moving interstate. I handed in my resignation two weeks ago, the day after I found out. My notice period ended yesterday. I'm calling you from the office. I'm here to pick up the last of my things. My flight leaves in two hours."

Terry slammed his fist on the steering wheel.

"Where are you going? What do you want?"

"Like I said, it doesn't matter. I don't need you to be a part of this equation. I just thought I'd... do the right thing."

"Wait..." Terry hissed.

"Thanks for everything Terry. This will forever be how I remember you."

"Wait!"

"Goodbye."

The line went dead. Terry called the number back. But the phone just kept ringing.