All Comments on 'The Conversation'

by StoryTLR

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments
kencorokencoro10 months ago

The wives in this kind of story will never work to earn their husband's forgiveness, won't they?

The wronged husband will always have to prove their worth by themselves. Only then will the smart, great wife be able to understood that what they were doing was a 'mistake'.

Author didn't even give her a chance to realize that she was wrong all along.

Daggy1965Daggy196510 months ago

Another woman had her head turned by constant compliments. When you are married you can compete with the level of attention because you have other aspects of the marriage to work on. I never understand why women and maybe men don't understand this.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Basic storyline was solid but narrative needed a little work. The dialogue between husband and wife lacked depth. Just a simple I’ll sleep in the other room for a bit and then back to normal. 3.6*

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

Bobby got his arse handed to him.

demanderdemander10 months ago

Okay. But what if Bob was stronger? D

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Tommy don't take crap from anyone!

4

BrentJWBrentJW10 months ago

Ok, so Tom dealt with Bob. Admit it or not, Kristy is still turning 40 and wants sex with someone else.

crazycam69crazycam6910 months ago

Good story but the the ending was flat. I’m okay with a “happily ever after” ending, but there should have been consequences for her since she showed absolutely no remorse. She’ll definitely do something stupid like this again. Perhaps a sequel to this story is in order.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Since Bob's wife was right there it might have been fun for Tommy to have a conversation with her about her knowledge of the so called open marriage.

Decent story, due to the manner it which it was written it didn't seem to flow very easily.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Trust but verify. Once that bug is in her mind, it might fester.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

Most of the time, I don't care for short stories. They usually have no meat to them. This was perfect. It had no foolish antics or Navy Seals, just a guy who knew how to handle a difficult situation. I loved it. 5 stars.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

It's a good story, but she is not a good wife. No good wife will make that request. It will take time to rebuild trust.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

Gave you 4 stars. It was a tight story with one little area with all the discussion the women all wanting hall passes and who was willing and all that. I sloughed over it. One wanted it up the butt one wanted a black man etc. Strange that would come out at a party and not start a major discussion between the husbands.

Also, when your wife confronts you she wants a lover what is the deal of ignoring her for a week? It wasn't giving the guy a chance to cool off. If anything it might get the wife to say 'fuck him'. And push her into the affair.

He had arguments in his own head he never brought up to her. Like this could never be a one time thing.. How Bob would gloat forever etc. And he never asked Carol about the open marriage thing. He should have done that right in front of Kristy. If Carol said NO, then he'd turn to his wife and say "See, told you he'd say or do whatever it took to get in your pants."

goodshoes2goodshoes210 months ago

Better put a collar and leash on her. She mentally cheated on him and was ready to actually do the deed. It WILL happen again, and she will NOT tell him this time, instead she will just fuck someone behind his back.

Good luck Tommy.

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Good story! I would have loved harder on arrogant prick... and maybe a little bit more even on Kristy ...

5 stars!

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly10 months ago

Ending felt, no, it was, rushed.

Busman19639Busman1963910 months ago

I was waiting for more. Perhaps an alternate ending?

LWLover60LWLover6010 months ago

It's only a matter of time. Too bad Tom didn't get a chance to tell Carol she was in an open relationship. A second part would be nice.

HargaHarga10 months ago

It doesn't matter if your married 15 years or 15 minutes. If the bitch even mentions she wants to sleep with another person that marriage is broken. Cut your losses and move on. It's that simple.

OPrimeOPrime10 months ago

I would not have been to pleased at the wife's initial request

lujon2019lujon201910 months ago

so . . .

to recap the cuck did nothing about the whore deliberately and repeatedly refusing to tell her boss she would not fuck him?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Do all women ask for a free pass?

And does this happen before or after brain removal?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Outcome was good, however. I can't fathom a wife doing what Kristy considered doing. No wait, WANTED, to do with Bob her boss. And then the husband would get over the wife's betrayal so quickly?

Yes, Tommy showed Bob the door and how to act towards a real Silverback. But Kristy really colored outside the lines of their marriage. Kristy was seeing her boss for social lunches, not work related lunches. Kristy had begun forming an emotional bond to Bob. Kristy had already developed a physical attraction for Bob. Kristy discussed subject matter with Bob that fails the married test. Kristy entered into a preliminary verbal contract to physically cheat on Tommy.

Kristy was only restrained by ONE THING. Kristy knew Tommy's first wife cheated on him ending up pregnant with twins. Kristy only put Bob off long enough to get Tommy's "approval" for her to get screwed by Bob. Kristy getting tacit approval from Tommy meant in her mind that she wasn't cheating on Tommy like his first wife did. How dumb can a woman be? And Tommy got over it by public shaming Bob and a blow job from Kristy on the way home? Nooo, no, no, no, noo!

Get the lawyer to draw up divorce papers, leave the date blank. Kristy gets a copy with a notarized affidavit and transcript of the recordings he should have made after her first attempt for approval of an affair. Tell Kristy she lost status in his eyes and his trust in her was eroded. Explain that she now has limited access to their finances and that he is changing his will and beneficiary statements, minimizing her interest in the event of his death. Tell her his durable power of attorney was given to his lawyer or a member of his side of the family. Make a good impression on Kristy that she made a bad impression on Tommy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

When does "no" not mean "no" or I'll talk to him later? This was a piece of crap of a boss who thinks everybody will do what he says when he says it. He definitely should have had his ass kicked.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu10 months ago

Good one. Well-written.

Great guy Tom is.

He's got a forgiving heart.

If it was me being told by wifey she wants another man,

I'd say that statement will crash the marriage.

Thanks StoryTLR.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

How about this idea? She knows that Frank fought Bob for his wife and that idea excites her. So she pushes Tom (I'm not one of his friends) to fight over her for her own validation. Is this what she really wants out of the situation Well it makes more sense than her thinking that her husband would sit quietly and happily be cucked, given his track record.

I would like to know what Carol thinks the prior year's fight with Frank was about, though.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Tom should have asked Carol how long she and bob had an open marriage and if Bob ever lets her pick the couple the swap with.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was not a story!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yeah, no she was a goner the moment she asked for a hall pass.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The flirting and discrete lunches are cheating, emotional cheating. That's NEVER okay. You don't do that as a married adult. It's insulting to your partner. The FIRST and ONLY person you should bring crushes up with is your married spouse. That's the decent thing to do.

She also had to scoff at the idea of taking another woman if she got her hypothetical permission. That's a huge red flag right there. He shouldn't have to fight for his woman, he's already won her over with marriage. Should she have to compete with 20 year old women? Hell no. She needs a lot of therapy. All he did was prove how much of a man's man he is. But she did fuck-all to prove she's a loyal wife.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No way he should stay with cheating skank slut Kristy. She's obviously a selfish bimbo who will end up in bed with someone else. Looks like he's going to be 0-2 in picking out a woman who has character and loyalty. He should probably just stay single going forward. Any guy who doesn't understand his marriage is already over when his wife asks to sleep with anther man, is a complete fool.

phill1cphill1c10 months ago

yeah, the wife character seemed schizophrenic.

People are attracted to people all the time, even after marriage. But there really didn't seem to be any redeeming qualities to Bob. So, what about him made attracted Kristy?

I look to my own emotions. I don't want to fuck someone I know is a douche bag, no matter what their shape size or other physical characteristic. I don't need validation that I can get someone "hot" when all that matters to me is "hot to me". So, the notion that my wife could find someone as odious as Bob would be serious cause for concern.

But my wife would never be attracted to a douche bag because she has a brain and isn't turned on by douche baggerie, no matter its wrapper. yuck...

GardenshedGardenshed10 months ago

Good story, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What is a 'one piece bikini'?

kirei8kirei810 months ago

Only contempt came from Kristy when he nixed her affair and bikini wearing, no remorse until he totally bested Bob . She is the type who will continue to pit him against younger and stronger beaus until one of them bests Tommy. Then she will start her affair without asking permission. I don't for a minute believe your happy ever after ending. Sorry!

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny10 months ago

Yeah she's the bullshit for that request, but also what did she see in this would be lothario? From the way the story is presented and described the guy has no redeeming qualities besides being younger and wealthy? I'd question alot more about my wife to why she would even be attracted to someone of such little worth.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolus10 months ago

"Go change into a one-piece bikini."

Seriously?

CaptainbklCaptainbkl10 months ago

Not a bad story. But I would have asked for a divorce. Once a spouse asks for something so ridiculous as infidelity it is over.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5* But.... a one piece bikini?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"Of course, he noticed everything, he wants to fuck you." - Heh, that was going to be my comment!

~~~

"You're just saying that because you're my husband and you have to." - That's so old, and of course Bob is saying things because he has to, if he wants to get in her pants, right?

~~~

"Tommy, why would you want Carol when I am he for you whenever you want to make love to me or for just a good fucking if that's what you want?" - Except she WON'T be there while she's with Bob.

~~~

"Bob and Carol have an open marriage," - Ask Carol about that!

~~~

A little too cut and dried, not to repeat what I and some others have said, but why not ask Carol about the "open marriage?"

silentsoundsilentsound10 months ago

I'm surprised anyone is still suffering Bob at all and Kristy kind of seems like an idiot.

Still thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was hard to follow. Maybe because of an assumption that one would have read previous stories? For example, the details regarding Tom’s first marriage?

.

That said….Kristy sounds like a real stupid immature MSR victim.

.

3 ***

BlueEyd2BlueEyd210 months ago

As stated below, the ending was rushed. Also the wife, knowing that her husband had been betrayed by his prior wife, still wants to fuck another man, and yet she claims to lover her husband. Another selfish, selfcentered bitch. No way they should live happily ever after. She appears to self-absorbed to be a good wife.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

To the curb with her, she is intent on another cock and she will take one eventually

Xzy89c1Xzy89c110 months ago

Marriage was over the moment she asked....

Cito22Cito2210 months ago

A little unfinished maybe. I agree with what LWLover60 said. He should have informed Carol they were in an open relationship and what her view was. 😉

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The moment she asks, its over dude... 😂

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Stupid story, sorry but that's wha it is... **

Sumnut96Sumnut9610 months ago

Well written and paced, if a BIT rushed at the end. Glad you put the prick in his place quickly. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino10 months ago

She completely disrespected her husband, he should seriously considering divorce.

Oh! What is a one piece bikini?

ecboyecboy10 months ago

Brilliant story and a happy ending. What is not to like.

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

So exactly how much trust could Tommy have in Kristy?? The trust in the marriage was shattered into a thousand pieces when she asked to fuck Bob. Really nothing has changed. So Tommy humiliated Bob and Bob's boss is going to talk to him. Kristy still works at the same place and a person like Bob is going to be more driven to fuck Kristy and put one over on Tommy. This story is far from over. Kick her to the curb and cut your losses.

GriscomGriscom10 months ago

I wouldn't go easy on her. Slut. Next time, she won't tell him.

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian10 months ago

What's a one-piece bikini? I think you mean a maillot, a tank suit, or a one-piece bathing suit. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a way you could research things like this on the Internet? Also, the story bogged down in those bizarre details of the wives all wanting some strange. Also, the whole party scene--I guess it's the confrontation--had this weird feel to it. The men seemed to regress to their teens; maybe it was the dialogue. As others mentioned, it felt rushed at the end. Three stars, rounding up.

StoryTLRStoryTLR10 months agoAuthor

I can't believe, how many people were hung up on the "One Piece Bikini." lol. One piece bathing suit.

Also, my other stories, I have a 50/50 Chance and the Girls in the office series will help to provide more details.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved it!

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhy10 months ago

loved how a story can have the drama without the wife slutting out that could and most likely be irrevocable. she had a bite from the stupid bug but got back on track, and more importantly talked to her husband.

secretsalsecretsal10 months ago

Seemed a little emotionless, like they were amateurs auditioning for a 'We have to talk' scenario.

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Not well written. Just sort of boring and everything fell into place too easily.

OreospazOreospaz10 months ago

Finally! A story about a real man. More please

Boardman68Boardman6810 months ago

Short story but well done. I enjoyed the story greatly.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One for the good guys!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

As they approach milestone birthdays, many women goes nuts. Sometimes, like in this story. The husband figures it out and decides to be mature rather 5han an immature child. She hadn't had sex. She fantasized and dreamed. TOM SAID NO, and she agreed. It gave her time to figure herself out and realize she wanted to keep her marriage and her husband's love.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice try, but its a weak premise. Before a woman fucks a man in her pussy she fucks him in her head. Kristy had already decided to fuck Bob, was already fucking him in her head, and just wanted to get a free pass so she could experience the actual physical act with no consequence; having her cake and eating it too. Kristy refrained from fucking Bob not because she changed her mind and didn't want to fuck him. she simply didn't want to pay the price. Kristy responded to external consequences rather than internal rehabilitation. And if Kristy is Ever in a situation where she thinks she can fuck Bob and get away with it, she will.

\

And Bob knows this. And Bob is RICH. So how hard will it be for Bob to arrange to just "bump" into Kristy when she is traveling out of town on business, or her husband is away for some reason? With a little time and some money Bob will pull this off, Kristy will get her fuck on the side, and her cuck husband will never know. If the husband doesn't take defensive precautions, and get his wife into counseling, the marriage is probably on borrowed time. I hope someone will write that sequel.

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed your story. I don’t like Kristy, or any of the other women, but Tommy is a good character. Always enjoy seeing arrogant assholes taken down.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

And the next week she fucked Bob.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Can't trust that wife.

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
At

Least she agreed reluctantly a shame she couldn't see the for what he really was. Well written thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unpleasant protagonist and a selection of tedious characters made for a boring story. I kept going thinking it had to improve, but it didn’t. Add in a generous sprinkling of errors, and this is all you get. Pity.

tralan69ertralan69er10 months ago

@FireFox59

RE: So exactly how much trust could Tommy have in Kristy??.... Bob is going to be more driven to fuck Kristy and put one over on Tommy. This story is far from over. -

Quite possibly so, but maybe not. If not he kicks her to the curb and gets to put Bobby in the hospital without insurance since he was fired.

tralan69ertralan69er10 months ago

@Anony

"Of course, he noticed everything, he wants to fuck you." - Heh, that was going to be my comment!-

You sound like sbrooks103x.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story! The word nazis can't write themselves, so don't worry about a MINOR editing slip on the bathing suit. Rest assured, if that's all these incels can come up with, you wrote a good story.....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 Stars. Great story, keep going!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dump the bitch, she is a slut waiting to happen

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

I have mixed feelings about cameo characters. On the one hand, I suppose it doesn't hurt anything, and maybe adds a little color. On the other, if it's meaningful that we have THESE characters, that assumes the we've read AND remember the prior stories, which may not be true, and if we don't know them it weakens our understanding of this story. If it's NOT meaningful, then why not just use generic characters?

Schwanze1Schwanze110 months ago

Should have asked Carol how her open marriage works. Better start hiding assets so he can dump her.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 months ago

Alternate-

Give me a week and I’ll give you my answer. Then have her served at work.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 months ago

Not sure asking or telling isn’t more disrespectful than sneaking

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Still have a bad feeling about the wife. She backed down over Bob, but she’s still looking for some strange.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What is with wives all wanting sec with another guy after being married for a few years. Glad to read the “prick” list out al, the way around.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Boring, emotionless stupid story.🙄🙄.. she knew about his first wife cheating so she thought it would be a great idea to fuck Bob.. just because she told him beforehand doesn't make the betrayal any less. What she was doing was in fact cheating.. flirting with Bob, making plans to fuck Bob, making decisions with Bob about her marriage, i.e planning a fuck fest is CHEATING.. secret lunches, touches, rubs.. is cheating.. just because his dick hadn't entered her doesn't erase that.. I found the MC to be a wimp. That whole conversation about her wanting to try other men was just boring, no emotion, the dialog didn't match.. no man is sitting there listening to the bullshit this wife was spewing.. he should've let her make her own decision as to where their marriage would go. Will she fuck good ol Bob or will she remember her wedding vows?.. him stopping what she desperately wanted is just silly. How in the hell would you be able to trust this lady again? I don't believe for a second there won't be another "I want to fuck another man" conversation..I don't believe she can go from wanting to fick Bob so bad she was willing to risk her marriage, risk losing her husband's love and respect, risk hurting the man she claimed she loved.. that relationship would be damaged.. where was the counseling? How would this be avoided in the future so it dont happen again?.. there was no resolution.. this story suck'd🤷‍♀️.. personally I think he should've married to his first wife.. if he was going to stay with a slut

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown10 months ago

MC simps out with a little manipulative sex, this bitch hasn't learned her lesson and will try to cuck him again.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What was the point of this story?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story I truly enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

His answer should have included that she could fuck Bob as he had a couple of 25 yr. old sweeties that were coming on to him so that would free him up for them. See how she would like that.

XluckyleeXluckylee10 months ago

I enjoyed your story, thank you.5 stars from Xluckylee

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Hated Bob, didn’t like Kristy, but Tommy sounds like a good man.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit10 months ago

Good sequel to Tommy’s story. I thought it was a little on the short side but a good storyline. Kristy knew Bob’s intent before going to lunch - those lunches qualify as ‘dates’. Tommy should have told her why he didn’t want her wearing the bikini (for Bob) and should have expected be at her side when she told Bob her refusal was permanent.

hindsight2020hindsight202010 months ago

Not quite coherent.

Needs a complete rewrite.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One big improvement would have been to clue Carol in to the whole deal and see what happened.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDay10 months ago

Watch his wife closely, Tommy should...

dark2donut2dark2donut28 months ago

Another one of those "strong man" stories. So what if your main hero was not a superman and if the 20 year younger man was stronger. Where would your plot go?

All these couch potato writers dream about physical prowess they themselves do not have.

And what makes you think that "construction work muscles" is better than "gym muscles"? Like body cares about the way the pressure is applied?

1 star for complete lack of plot and ideas.

Bargyn1Bargyn17 months ago

Does Carol know what Bob is really like?

Schwanze1Schwanze17 months ago

Post nup or start hiding assets.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So is the message that he has no chance at preventing her from sleeping with Bob without him being a big string man? That isn't a good foundation for a marriage. And what was up with all her co-workers?

Donovan7777Donovan77774 months ago

So Tommy wins, great but that doesn’t take care of the fact that Kristy wanted to fuck another guy. The problem lies with her intent not with the act. Story needs an ending.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous