The Convertible - Broken Arrow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edward and Billy stepped defensively in front of Grandmother. I pulled Claudia to her feet and addressed the entire Blackfeather family. "This woman kneels to NO man, especially not me! Whatever she's done, she'll face it on her feet with honor, not on her knees and humiliated! I WON'T HAVE IT!"

My blood was up - I looked at Edward and Billy. "My apologies boys, but if I have to fight you, I will. Let's step outside!" My adrenaline was pumping, and I was ready to fight for the second time in two days, some kind of a record since turning 18.

I thought once I'd become an adult my fighting days were over. I guess I was wrong. I hoped I remembered to bring my health insurance card, because after the boys were done with me, I was definitely going to need it.

Instead of preparing to fight, Edward and Billy merely burst into laughter at my challenge. Grandmother was laughing as well. Janice, on the other hand, had her hands to her nose and mouth trying to hide her tears of happiness. Now I was truly confused.

Grandmother took my hand again, still chuckling. "Look at you, young warrior. My granddaughter crushed your heart and upended your life, yet still -- STILL -- you defend her, willing to fight for her honor and dignity. You say you want to run away, yet here you remain, fighting for this woman. She's very lucky to have a warrior who loves her as much as you do."

I was stunned. Grandmother was right. I was fighting for Claudia, my perfect woman, the only woman I'd ever truly wanted. I realized I'd never stop loving her - or fighting for her.

Grandmother pulled me down, kissed my cheek, and whispered in my ear, "I'm 97 years old, Darren Cosgrove. I've learned from experience that the tragedy of life is not death, but what we let die inside of us while we live. Your love for my granddaughter is strong, don't let it die. Please, open your heart and allow her to love you again."

She let go of me, and I stood upright. I suddenly found myself enveloped in Claudia's arms, her lips to mine. This time, I couldn't -- I wouldn't -- turn away. All the misery and anger in me vanished, replaced with a joy I hadn't felt in a long, long time. I was finally home.

++++++++++++++++++++

EPILOGUE -- One year later

After that night I wasted no time moving in with Claudia, we'd already wasted enough time and life was too damned short. She and I were married on the Osage Reservation shortly after I moved in with her. Janine Foles was Claudia's matron of honor (I still haven't apologized for calling her a cunt, probably never will), and the breathtaking Janice Blackfeather was a bridesmaid.

My 22-year-old baby brother Jack was my best man, and Edward Blackfeather was my groomsman. After the episode in Grandmother's living room, Edward had given me the nickname 'Quick Badger' because of my inclination to fight. I'd become much calmer and happier since marrying Claudia, but if that was my reputation, I could live with that.

Before our wedding ceremony, Grandmother brought Claudia and I into her living room and gave us some funky bitter tea to drink. She said it was fertility tea, and I have no reason to doubt it; 8 months later, I had to buy a car seat preparing for the arrival of our daughter Niabi ('fawn' in Osage).

We had a nice honeymoon on St. John's in the US Virgin Islands. I came home even more in love with my new wife than when we'd left.

As for the Tribal Casino Council, they're happy with the job I've been doing, happy enough that they've gone ahead and extended the original contract, which in turn made my bosses at MoveIt happy. I was rewarded with a raise and a nice bonus for my efforts.

My bachelor days now a thing of the past, after returning from our honeymoon I donated my beloved little TR2 to an Osage charity auction, and bought a Lexus GS to drive my family around in style.

My office is in the same building as the Tribal Casino Council where Claudia works, so my bride and I often commute together. This is fine with me, in my eyes the more time I spend with Claudia the better.

Living so close to East St. Louis, my overjoyed parents visit Oklahoma regularly to spend time with their perfect granddaughter and their wonderful daughter-in-law. And me, too, I guess.

When my brother Jack travelled with our parents to be the best man at our wedding, he met Janice Blackfeather and was instantly smitten. The feeling was mutual, and by the end of the wedding reception they were a couple. Grandmother gave her blessing, so long story short, my little brother Jack, (nicknamed 'Little Badger', sorry, bro), is about to become brother-in-law to Edward and Billy.

At our wedding, Grandmother blessed us with this prayer: "May the warm winds of heaven blow gently on your house, and may the Great Spirit bless all who enter. May your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder."

As long as I have Claudia and Niabi, the rainbow will always touch my shoulder.