All Comments on 'The Cost: IOU'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 228 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Turned Q1’s story into a typical cheating wife formula story. Not sure there really was a point to it? 3*

BlueEyd2BlueEyd29 months ago

Nice job continuing the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Meh. This continuation changes the character of the original story and has all the common and overused themes and devices found in other loving wives stories to show the successful rebound of the MC. Nothing of real value has been added, in fact, the strength of the original story is diminished. Leslie's character has morphed into an obsessed super-bitch in denial, which isn't how she was written in The Cost, and it negates the impact of the MC's revenge in that story. Leslie was devastated when she realized her cheating was going to cost her the future she and Kenny had planned. There would be no more marriage, no children, no house, no grandchildren, no future happiness together, no further love from him. It was a very powerful speech Kenny made to his guilty wife as she returned home from her weekly tryst and I think a good ending. I prefer to imagine that he moved on after the divorce and rebuilt his life and that Leslie had to live every day with the sorrow and guilt for having so carelessly destroyed their marriage and that being married to Kenny was probably the best thing that was ever going to happen in her life. She understood that she threw it all away for the cheap thrill of cheating and Kenny let her know in no uncertain terms she would no longer have a chance at that future, not with him and probably not with anybody else. There is no need to restate the elements of the prior story to create a storybook ending and make Leslie into a desperate, delusional menace. Leave Kenny's and Leslie's future to the reader's imagination as intended.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Life goes on?! Life goes on?!

Torsini71Torsini719 months ago

Thank you for continuing the story, loved it!

rbloch66rbloch669 months ago

When it comes to infidelity, the "why" never matters. It's caused by arrogance, a sense of entitlement, or a lack of meaningful communication. I'm happy the story had a satisfactory ending. Kenny deserved it... so did Jill and Amanda.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Please write some more

Stargazer5154Stargazer51548 months ago

Yeah, the ending was a little too sweet but the scene in room 69 with the fake Voodoo priest had me laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I abandoned it on page one. I resent you telling me to go and find the original. A link I could follow would have sent me to the story,, and I would have done so. But this? Not worth my time. Not even a synopsis. Disrespectful to your readers. No rating.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I did not think it possible to write a sequel to qhml1's original story but this is a very good attempt. DFWBeast did an excellent job with it. He does stick pretty close to his bio description of his story preferences too. I appreciate the fact that he tries to portray the real complexities of couples and marriages. It would be interesting to see how he would develope the ex-wife's character in struggling to overcome her amazingly callow sense of relationships. Not likely after six years, but still one could hope. Or his take on February Sucks. What makes Literotica.com so great is that the good authors indulge in exercising the moral imagination, and how the characters engage in moral reason dealing with terrible things that happen. And the sad truth is that some marital partners actually do these terrible things and often leave their ex-spouses always wondering. It happened to a very close female friend of my wife and I some years ago, and her spouse's infidelity was truly epic (yes, a sister). I knew him well and never understood why he did it, since it was a seemingly casual affair. They had two children who suffered greatly in the ensuing divorce, and us as the godparents too. We look back decades later and still don't understand their motives. So, commenters should not mock the seemingly saccharine ending, considering that the memories that sustain are those of companionship, couples friends, children, god-children, and grandchildren. My wife and I look back from our 70s and love them all. Call me a maudlin old man, but its true.

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Excellent sequel to "The Cost." I enjoyed the original as much as I enjoyed this one.

LadyNic06LadyNic066 months ago

Perfect continuation. I always hoped they would find happiness.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@meh anonymous if you liked the original so

inalterably, why’d you bothet to read this very good sequel and then trash it. Just move on and shut yer yap asshat.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very , very good sequel. I have nothing to say, or add. You hit the nail on the head, 100%.

Thank you-

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As it should be. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very good continuation. Writing, extreme. I like the original & this continues supremely well. Many continuations that I've read don't, & warp out on their own. Sometimes even changing names from the original! Thankfully, yours didn't. However improbable, I was hoping that Kenny'd date, maybe marry Jen's sister. That would be a hoot!

.. Thank you. A 5 on the rating meter. Bob

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor4 months ago

RAACs. RAACs. We want RAACs. And as to Leslie, I heard that Ted Bundy was released on a technicality, they got married, and were last seen on their honeymoon.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Since your account has been unchanged in both places since '20 I'm hoping the 'rona didn't get you and that you're just busy doing other things.

- On the chance that you do see this let me just say that this was great storytelling. I've read this story a few times and still particularly enjoy Burt's telling of Jerry's encounter with the "voodoo priest". That was outstanding.

- Hoping that you're ok and will get the itch to write again and come back to us. Best wishes

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good finish to the original story. Good BTB on Leslie. She deserved her comeuppance. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great sequel to an equally great original. Yes I felt you kept the characterisation as per the original. I've always felt that QHML1 is one of the very best on here. This matched Q's work in quality. I can't give higher praise than that. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This conclusion (or type of) is what was missing from the original. I still would of liked a BTB ending for Les since it was a horrific affair. GOOD JOB!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

What a horrible person that Leslie bitch turned out to be. That line about getting preggers and then jumping back in the saddle, yeah at that point it was simply unforgivable, no way back after that. What a stupid bitch to throw it all away for mediocre sex with an asshat, and to do that to her sister after all she has done for her. She got off too easy. She deserves nothing but a cold, lonely life devoid of any joy.

Just_John1Just_John1about 2 months ago

Awesome! Dfw you did well taking qhml1’s story a bit further. Not sure why it took me so long to find this story. Qhml1 is one of my favorite authors here and I enjoyed this homage to his writings. Now to read the rest of your stuff. Thanks for sharing your work.

Just_john1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of the biggest sins of an author who continues so.ebody else's story is to just tell us to go and find it first. Caring authors include a live link to the story, or at the very least a synopsis of the original story. As for me? I refuse to do your work for you. I would award one star, but I won't because i didn't read your tale, and I won't read your tale. Go pound sand.

JPB

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Good story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Wow, PMSing much JPB? Someone pissed in your cornflakes, huh?

It's not that hard to use a search function.

Great story, and faithful to the original beginning. Thanks Beast!

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Just what this story needed. Thanks.

Norseman123Norseman1235 days ago

First-class tribute story it needed an ending and yours was superb 5*****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
1988 Followers
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...