All Comments on 'The Cost'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 707 Comments (Page 2)
BetterEndingBetterEndingover 10 years ago
Disappointed

Since she was willing to have the affair and anxious to continue after she was pregnant, her love for Kenny was a bit weak. That made his so-called revenge weak as well.

Further, his stance regarding the sister was very disappointing. She deserved to know that her husband was a slug. However, more importantly, she deserved to know that she did not ever again need to sacrifice for her little sister.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yep that is about how it should work -

EXCEPT - he has to be the one to tell the sister - she deserves to know and as said below - know she never has to give up her life for her horrible little sister again - AND - she needs to dump the bastard she is married to.

It is the right choice - one way to know is that it would be the hardest thing he could do -

Bill1104Bill1104over 10 years ago
I've read this several times

The emotion runs unbelievingly high when I read this short story and over the past several months I've read it at least five times. It is one of the best I have read on this site.

Bill1104

jiminabjiminabover 10 years ago
Thank you

I loved this one. No hysterics, no BTB just sad reality. Thank you Mr. Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hi qhml, this is the dreaded anon.

You Sir,are without a doubt, one of the best authors on this site. Ever since I decided to actually read your stories I never seem to wanting to stop. Thank you .

***** stars of course.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Revenge?

Revenge is a waste of time. That being said, sometimes wasting a little time is a great way to relax and unwind. This is especially true if you are wound up due to a cheating spouse who has just trashed years you have invested in a marriage. First, get away clean. Then, when you have no exposure for retaliation, launch a devastating barrage of TRUTH! Mark the cheaters for life as what they are- scum. Let everyone know and provide evidence. If you can't trust your spouse, nobody can trust them. They just destroyed the most important relationship in their life, what will they do with other relationships? They are not to be trusted. Advertise this truth so that it will follow them around like a stink. It is your duty, a public service to protect everyone else from these horrible people. If someone is stupid enough to trust them in the future, they cannot say they didn't know better.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Great, but...

I want more! a sequel, please.

photolvrphotolvrover 10 years ago
Thank you!

Simply perfect!

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
perfect length

No need for a sequel or epilogue. Painful reality well laid out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
choco

turd quality writing 0 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not Bad

Not the five star quality of Ohio, but not bad. A little too mechanical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the best.

Loved this story. Very we'll thought out ending. Too many stories in this category do not have great endings. Yours is perfect.

johnstang2johnstang2over 10 years ago
Revenge are for jerky little boys

It takes a real man to walk away quietly with you self respect in place.

Great Story! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Revenge?

Walking away would be such a way to get revenge. I have thought about it-I would never hit the woman I married, but the man she had sex with--well, that's another story. So walking away from the woman, leaving her with her memories, and guilt make it worth while. It does hurt to walk away, but that's the manly way to go. Good story.

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
too little to matter

What consequences? For her? Who or what is Jerry? How is the sister impacted? Why does it matter to the community? Or her? There is no story, just a monologue from one point of view with NO explanation. Who was he? Why should we care?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That it ????

She is a CHEAT, A LIAR, A BETRAYER, A TRAMP, A WHORE, A SLUT, A SKANK, .. and on, an on, an on ....;

But ONE thing she is NOT ........ A LADY!!'

And the best the wimp husband can do is "swing" on the porch?!?

The real question is who is the bigger pussy?

And qhml1 guess what .... "YOU" just provided the answer!!!

Btw ... one clue ... It ain't the WHOREBAG WIFE!!!'

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nicely done

I actually liked the way he handled the whole affair. Thanks for writing and sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

Fucking cunt. And her lover and brother-in-law? A fucking prick. Both should live in extreme pain.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
I love all the bullshit comments about what a real man would do

some of you haven't been real men since your mothers gave birth to you. He did nothing, He walked away like a real man............hummmmm, when was that. He left like a bitch and talked about what they weren't going to have. If she was so worried about it, she wouldn't be fucking her brother in law.......duhhhhhhhhhhh. She is a fan of Santa Clause...........you know......She a "HO, HO, HO!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Well written of course, just has I have become to expect form you, but it's too short a glimpse into the life and the end of a marriage. The story title isn't indicative of what I've found here, the description doesn't fit either.

I hope there's more to fome, for these very reasons.

reasonablemanreasonablemanover 10 years ago
Good story - complete and concise

Husband had to walk away from a person who would cheat on her husband and her sister for "meaningless" sex. No revenge needed because she will have to live with the consequences of her behavior. No doubt her affair with Jerry will get back to her sister and then shit will really hit the fan. Her family will dump her, her story will spread to everyone who knows them. She will become an outcast. No one needs to hear her reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Simplicity

There is an elegance to the simplicity of "The Cost" of the affair - she lost him. Good, honest, hard-working, faithful men are seriously undervalued in our society, except by those who are actively looking for them. There are a surprising number looking.

Tim413Tim413over 10 years ago
My second time

reading this one. Still a very good read. BTW, where was her sister on Thursday nights?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Perfect.

I'm usually a BTB guy and in this story that's exactly what happens. Insidious and subtle mental torture. He just got the ball rolling down hill and it's gonna eventually take out everybody. One of my all-time faves.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Re-read it -

Still think it works and he should tell the sister - someone let him know so he could protect himself he owes her that much -

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
She still should be forced to tell her sister.

No mercy, no mercy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
perfect

In case of revenge stories ,I always wanted strong actions but I guess the words here were enough to inflict the pain.superb story

photolvrphotolvrabout 10 years ago
Thank you.

The story is brilliant. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
best btb ever

Well done, short, to the point & absolutely no chance of a come back, just how it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
one (1) *

nuff said

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Damn

There are some real low-lifes out there among us. I knew one but she's dead and decomposing. The fucking cunt in this tale should die herself, and take her prick brother-in-law with her. Cheaters should all suffer.

frasnostfrasnostabout 10 years ago
Don't worry

she'll find another man and have his kids.

Unfortunately, he'll be nothing more than a sperm donor and every time she looks at the faces of her progeny, she'll be constantly reminded about the man who should have fathered them. The illicit sex may have been exciting, but she'll forever suffer in the silence of those cold, dark & lonely nights...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
one statement

He said there has to be one person out there who wants a man that will love her. All you reconciliation lovers out there .....leave the whore....she and the pain she brings just aren't worth it. Have some dignity.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
Total female estimate as of July 2013 is 3,523,843,881

With that many on Earth it cannot be that hard to find one

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
AS DUMB AS SHE IS

I wonder if anything sunk in and stuck in her brain, TK U MLJ LV NV

auhunter04auhunter04about 10 years ago
TwoCrows

I guess for someone a better one would be easy to find. I look back over my life and I discovered that the times where I had it the worst is when a woman was involved.

Now, mind you, I aint talking about All women, but the three that I was involved with sure twisted the crap outta me. I guess my vetting process aint good and lets just leave it at that

photolvrphotolvrabout 10 years ago
Thank you!

Great story! 5 all the way! Would love to see volume 2 to see how it all panned out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
W O W

bill.......5

blkhrtblkhrtalmost 10 years ago
gave it 5*

Yet I really wanted to hear traditional bullshit. Lol, I am a sick fuck, drawing fun out of the sorrow of the wife. LMFAO :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
???

Where's the eroticism? What is he going to do for revenge? It will be interesting to watch as the wronged husband plots against that nasty slut. Let us hope that chapter two comes out soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wonderfully done!

Can't believe folks are asking "where's the revenge?" and "when is part 2 coming?". The story is very well done and complete, he got his revenge because she doesn't get to love him anymore. Let it stand as it is!

auhunter04auhunter04almost 10 years ago
Funny Me

I really do not see this as revenge.

He was simply explaining to her what he knew and why he was leaving. He also passed on a warning of what he might do if he ran into her or her playmate.

I thought he was pretty damn civil about everything.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
YOU CANT ALWAYS ASSOCIATE COST AND $$$s

Some things are Priceless. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I gave this a fiver for great writing but...

... those stories where the wronged spouse refuses to listen to the cheater always leaves me annoyed and unfulfilled. It would have been interesting to hear the wife's explanation, even if it probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end. It would also make the story more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
the revenge in this story is subtle

she destroyed his love for her, his hopes for a future together, and hurt him more than anyone should ever have to endure

his revenge?

telling her what he knew. what she had lost, and depriving her of any chance at redemption. in effect, he condemned her to a quiet hell that she will have to live inside until the day she dies.

this is how it's done, and done well

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
anonomous 7/19/14

It was smart of you to post your comments as anonymous. There are a lot of sick fucks trolling the LW comments ready to spew their violent venom against any author foolish enough to write the woman's side of the story.

You have to understand, a number of these BTB haters are writing from their prison cells or half-way houses.

Raging against the society that convicted them for their criminal assaults against women and children.

When these clown posse spelunkers think I am a woman author they email me vicious threats.

When it dawns on the pinheads that I am male, they quickly scuttle away with cowardly curses.

I feel like an anthropologist among Martians as I go through the Loving Wives genre.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 9 years ago
fanfare "please"

90% of the stories here are the woman's side to every fucking thing. There are so many cuckold husbands here it's call cuckortica. Hear the woman's side. Its presented in 8 out of every ten stories. Then when some writes a BTB story or a true loving wife story, "The True Cuckold Lovers" comes out of the woodwork like roaches. My only problem with this story was as I said, what punishment? If she really gave a damn about her husband she wouldn't be fucking her brother in law. Not only does she not give a damn about her husband but cares even less about her own sister. with love like this, who needs to be loved. And I gave it a 3.5 because qhml1 can fucking write.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
but what

I can understand why he does not care to listen to her, there is no explanation that would take away any of his pain and being around her is causing him pain.

Still, I have a sort of watching a train wreck fascination with trying to figure out why those two did it.

The sex clearly was not good enough to be the reason.

It appeared that the cheaters were happy in their marriages.

Maybe they enjoyed flirting with destruction, standing at the edge of a crumbling cliff.

Then one day the ground fell out from under her.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Read it again and the comments too!

Well written, good story telling and hits home. Every guy is different in how they feel and react to betrayal. Personally, if someone doesn't care about me and betrays me, then I am a fool to care about them. I simply move on. However, if that person happens to be my life partner or business partner and they fuck me over after I have invested a large amount of my time and resources in the relationship - then I turn cold. I do not seek revenge, that is a waste of time. I view the betrayal as a change in the rules of the relationship; from cooperative to competitive. It is now every man or woman for them self! I prefer cooperative relationships where two people work together to build more than each could build on their own. It is smart! On the other hand, I am a human being and I am male. I love competition and I am aggressive. Once the rules have changed, I will do whatever it takes to gain the maximum out of the situation. That means, I will do my best to suck as much wealth out of the marriage as possible and as much pleasure in the time remaining. My thinking is that she was only looking out for number one, now it is my turn only I will do it much better! At the end of a bad marriage all that is left are the assets. The trick is how to get the most out of it without regard to your cheating spouse. That is the fun part! Then, when it is all said and done if you want to throw a little salt on the wounds go ahead, just make sure there is no blow back - it ain't worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
He'll Get His Revenge

Publicly he'll be as strong and near his "normal" self as possible after the slimey bitch crushed their "together" future. He'll maintain the most important relationships of his friends and anyone that lean towards his side of reality after the split for support. All of this will be a big part of his revenge towards her, continuing to live with the goal of getting back into a worthwhile live. Away from public view could be where "the wheels come off" often without close support and that'll be a big key on how things move forward for him.

As for that idiot that fucked her knowing she was married, one slip up could earn him some vacation time in the local hospital and rehab afterward, well deserved.

Excellent writing throughout!! BRAVO!

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Excellent

In fact I just came here from "Scenes From A Marriage" by ohio. Often ohio gets a little formulaic and repetitive but "Scenes" was truly superior writing.

You have also done the genre proud with The Cost. Has the ring of reality.

I'll definitely be reading more of your offerings.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Two Thoughts

I would like to see what happens to her when family and friends find out what she did.

One thing that I haven't seen any comments on are her statement that Kenny is there to "take up the slack." So her husband is no more than an afterthought, her lover gets her primary love.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
A GREAT STORY

i only gave it 3 stars though. why? because it needed another chapter. i really want to see her family find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful!!!

Please write a sequel or follow up story...:))

ClemonsClemonsover 9 years ago
Perfect Revenge

His statement is a perfect revenge if the cheater actually still loves him. BTB is so much more effective when it creates a bleak life, all by doing nothing. Maybe she'll find happiness in a future relationship, but most of us know the staying power of a love lost by our own stupidity or the "What If" of our lost dreams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@Clemons

I doubt any cheater loves their partner to begin with. If you love, you don't cheat. It really is that simple. No cheater ever loves their partner.

Anyhoo, I'm with all the others, it really needed a bit more, just to add to the bleakness that is her from there on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Space for episode 2

Great story, well written and powerful ending. Like many it needs finishing properly as there is more here about the ramifications of her cheating on her, her family and on him. Well done though...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another Chapter? Get Real, it was Perfect!

This was a flash story. It was a very well played out scene. It's all there for you all to see. If you want another chapter it's because the author did such an exceptional job giving these characters depth in such few words. It's was enough. Lowering the star rating because of your inability to grasp what you had in front of you means you were really scoring yourself.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

a good story, the tapes said most of what had to be heard. I feel sorry for both of them. another chapter may go on to explain why, or what happened, but why. it is a good place to end it, unless she got pregnant in the garden, then that would only complicate things, leading to the same ending.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Further Thought

Why is she so upset?

If she felt that strongly for him, why did she cheat?

And with her own sister's husband?! That's just EVIL!

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 9 years ago
More ??

Will FTDS get involved to give us more ??

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Simple!

Yes, he needs to get rid of the cheater. She simply wants to cheat, the sex wasn't that good, it was the thrill of the secret, of holding something over her husband's head that he didn't know about. He did it correctly, no chance for reconciliation, no counseling or psychobabble, no BTB, no chance of a future together. She most likely will marry another poor sap and cheat on him for that secret excitement. He will find someone more willing to love him. Thanks for a to-the-point story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
none

Do part two of The Cost when he take her back and raise the child as his own

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You do no favors...

...keeping secrets from people you care about. Not telling the sister about Les is a very selfish move. She deserves to know what kind of man she's married to and what kind of woman her sister is.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I BET SHE COULD GIVE AN EXPLANATION

just like Casey At The Bat. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Short, tight story

Congrats. Four out of five. Nice tight story with no loose ends. I know the Ohio story to which you refer in the intro. Don't be offended but this one is not quite as good. I like the snap shot in time style he uses. But this one is still very solid. I don't think it needs a sequel.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
I don't agree about it not being

as good as an Ohio story. Ohio would have put them through a bunch of crap and then forced a reconciliation at any cost. Some stories don't end well for the woman and do end well for the man, but not in Ohio, evidently. So, yeah I did like this story, short and sweet with no extemporaneous bullshit to listen too. Some times a thing's broke can't be fixed.

Bravo, well written and well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
That is

The best revenge story I have ever read....bill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent

As good as it get's, neither a BTB nor a RAAC.

Just a man with self respect.

auhunter04auhunter04about 9 years ago
damn

while these stories are fiction they can also be enlightening

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
The crying at the end never makes sense

If the cheaters really loved their spouses enough to cry over losing them, they wouldn't have been cheating on them in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A diginified way to let her know how deeply he is hurt and just what she has forfeited

She thought her life was safe and secure. That her husband would never leave her--regardless. He found out. He confirmed it was an on-going affair. He sat her down and reminded her just how "torn apart" he was because of what she did too terminate shattered marriage. No kids. No dream house in the "Burbs" No family to brighten their lives. No "growing old together." No loyal and faithful husband.

Regarding her sister, I have an idea she will sooner-or-later (probably sooner) figure out why her younger sister's seemingly ideal marriage fell apart. She will probably find out soon enough just what caused its collapse.

The dignified "knife in her back" coup de grâce was when she asked him to let her tell her side of the story--that he said promised to listen to her side of the story.

"I just did something I swore I would never do to you. I lied."

gara5289gara5289almost 9 years ago

Great story. Would love a follow up of her or his life (or both) and maybe the sister finding out. But seriously, cold blooded on her part.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Damn

Stupid. Cheaters are so stupid they do all their thinking with their genitalia. Not much in total revenge, but the cunt now has no love in her life. Just her brother-in-law's cock. Fucking idiotic cunt.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 9 years ago
Now,The Really Hard Part.

The cheating twat got exactly what she deserved! Guilt hurts more than a smack in the kisser! BUT now she's going to have to deal with telling the sister who raised her that she's tooting her husband! There's a lifetime of history between them and the pain for both will be tremendous! What a selfish,foolish twat!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
RAAC's beware!

Stories like this cause RAAC's to self-destruct because they believe that no matter what the cheater does, the wounded party is always wrong and should get on their knees and beg the cheater to forgive them for trying to go forward. They use children, the number of years they've been married, the harshness of the wounded party to refuse to understand and forgive, the nerve of the spouse to not be there for them, the callousness of the wronged party to not understand that we all make mistakes and the injured party's refusal to continue to eat shit.

Great story by this writer who I'm sure will be tarred and feathered. I give you an infinite amount of 5's!

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
As the saying goes you never know what you've got till it's gone

this was a classic cake and eat it too. As to her betrayal of not only her husband but her sister as well, who is more mother than sibling, the amount of disgust we would have for her cannot even be contemplated! She decided to shit on everyone in her life from a very great height! Had zero respect for her roommate (can't call him her husband as she totally voided her marriage by what she had done) and even less for her sister, her father, and dare I say even the memory of her late mother. She had no morals and basically felt herself entitled. I'm sure she was going to say it was just sex, and she would be right. That having been said, she basically implies that her husband isn't enough for her, nor does she care enough to try to rectify this by communicating her issues to him.

Now for what hasn't been said. He told her to tell everyone that they couldn't make it work and he would back her. That may, and I stress may be true, but, everyone who will see them seeing each other with nary a word said between them will pick up on the failure very very quickly and will realize the truth. Small towns have gossip networks that go faster than the Internet when something like this happens. When her sister will try to talk to him, and if she stays true to form acting more like a parent than a sibling she will try, she will see the pain and betrayal on his face and figure it out. May not happen in a day or even a week, but, it will happen. After that it won't take long to put the dots together and figure it out!

This IMHO is the point he is trying to make her see. So as to why she is crying, she has figured her entire life is about to go up in smoke. She will be divorced, she will have lost her meal ticket, and she will have lost the love of a man who treated her like a queen. If she should happen to be truly remorseful him spelling out what will happen will make her realize ALL the implications of what she is losing and so she is crying.

I'll stop my preaching now and get off my soap box. Thank you for the offering....

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

pretty straight forward, and clean. it's a bit disappointing in that not all parties got their just deserts. brother-in-law needed some education. that had to lay heavy on hubby's brain. especially having so much respect for his sister-in-law. would I tell the sister, I think so, because of that respect, and avail myself to her plight, however she wanted to pursue it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
two words

scorched earth

the bitch never saw what hit her

then again, neither did Kenny

sucks to be her

brujaybrujayalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Brujay

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
That was fantastic....

It was short and sweet, the best break up revenge story, ever.....bill

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

Not that I expect intelligence from cheaters, but when you are out cheating, and you get a call from your husband, to ignore the POSSIBILITY that he may be home, and claim to be at home is just plain STOOPID!

And as others have said, if her love for Kenny was so strong that his leaving hurts her so much, then why the FUCK did she cheat on him, and with her SISTER'S husband?!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Coward

Why is he covering up her betrayal? Her sister has just as much right to kniw the truth, as he does. He would still be in the dark, with his smug wife laughing at him, if someone else hadn't had the courage the tell him the truth. Does her sister not deserve the same consideration? His friend had the courage to tell him the truth, knowing it would most likely damage their friendship forever. But that friend put his own discomfort and distaste aside, because he felt that he should be told the truth. How damaging will it be to the sister, when it hits her like a bolt from the blue? He should know, that's how he found out! Would it not be better coming from someone that cares for her, that knows her, that can comfort her? Or does he want her to be completely alone when she finds out? One thing is for sure; she won't thank him for not telling her, when she does discover the truth.

He doesn't want to hurt her, but the fact is, she is getting hurt already, she just doesn't know it yet. If he had to choose, would he still want to be told the truth, or would he want to remain the clueless fool whose wife cheats on him forever? Does not his sister in law deserve the truth too? Do you think cops enjoy coming to people's doors, to tell them a loved one has been killed in a crash? Do you think they want to do that? What if those cops decided it was too hard, that they couldn't face the tears, and decided to wait until you drove past the accident scene, and saw for yourself? Would you thank them for sparing your feelings? Sometimes you have to do the unpleasant things, no matter how much you don't want to, because it's the right thing, and you know it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just fricking awesome

To ME, the best revenge is taking yourself away from them. Especially is they profess to love you more than life itself. Like with me and my wife. Not sure if she's an ex yet.

I came home after my dump truck broke down. It had to be towed back to the yard and the transmission torn out, so I drove home. I had only put in perhaps 2 hours or a little more. I was surprised to see my wife's jeep still there and walked in through the back door to sneak up and scare her, something I love to do! You can't believe what happens to your stomach when you walk in and can hear the grunting, groaning, whispering and giggling, along with the slow creak of the bed springs. If you haven't been there, you simply can't imagine.

Unfortunately, I couldn't help it. I went down the hall and to our room. I guess I'd never broke down and came home early before, our door was wide open. There was Jody, with a coworker and ex boyfriend, Tom, mounted up behind her and pounding her hard from the back. They were grunting and moaning, with an occasional slap on her ass from Tom. I never knew something like that would turn her on as much as it seemed to. You see, I came to our bed a virgin, while Jody had plenty of experience. Dumb old me, I thought love trumped everything else.

She happened to slowly look in my direction, in a sexual haze, her eyelids half closed. Jody was enjoying it more than I would have believed, but I'd never been on the sidelines before and never planned to again. Her eyes widened with her face literally going from a sexual red to white, in a single heartbeat. She screamed out NOOOOOO, but it was too late. She was no longer my wife and it was no longer my house. I wasn't welcome in what used to be my home, I'd been replaced, whether that was the first or thousandth time.

I stopped by the spare bedroom/office, we'd began planning for children, and went to the safe as quickly as I could. I had two guns in it, an old Winchester my grandfather had given me and also the Colt 1911A1 my father gave me when I graduated from college, since I'd just about worn his out while I was growing up. I scooped up a packed of papers I'd better not be without and was out the door with only that and the clothes on my back, before Jody could pry herself off Tom's long and thick cock. I don't know if she even looked for me, I was down the road without a glance back.

A buddy let me crash on his couch for a week or so. A buddy yes, but more importantly, a coworker. After parking my Chevy truck in his garage, he drove me back and forth between his place and work. While there, I canceled the one credit card we had and took half our money out, opening a new account at another bank. After explaining to my boss what had happened, he'd been cheated on too, he agreed to tell Jody I'd quit and moved on, if she called. During that first week, she called him an even dozen times, along with all the coworkers she could think of. I almost answered the phone one evening, not even thinking. Donnie hollered at me to leave it alone and sure enough, it was Jody looking for me. She was unable to drive to the quarry where we hauled out of so she had no way to contact me at work.

Four months later, I gave my time and moved on. I thanked my boss and coworkers, although my buddy wouldn't let me pay him for all his hospitality, saying he might need the same someday. I'd always wanted to see Alaska so that's where I went after I put my truck in storage. Jumping a plane to Fairbanks, I had a winter job driving in poor conditions for a freight company. It was dangerous but the pay was spectacular. It was nice to know I was away from Jody and there was no way she could get to me. I suspected I'd be divorced in a year or so for abandonment. In fact, I'd left word with my boss and buddies, they might want to plant the abandonment idea in her mind and talk her into divorcing me.

I drove up there for 3 1/2 years. During that time I saved almost everything I made, my room and board was paid for by the company. Making over $200K per year, taking all the extra work I could find, I had banked $621,500 by the time I quit. That was just the principal and with it all in higher money market accounts, I actually had $789,250, less the $250K I'll talk about below.

The luckiest thing in my life happened at that point. The oil shale boom. Using part of my savings, while I was still working, I invested $250K into a series of wells in North Dakota. Hoping at least one in the 7 I'd invested in would produce oil, I was in shock when all 7 came in, although two didn't produce a huge amount. The other 5? Well, lets just say I was swimming in black gold. After quitting in Alaska, I flew down to ND, just to see my wells. In each of them I had 50% ownership, except two which I had 100%. One of them was a low but steady producer, the other was what they termed 'a gusher'!

In all, my wells were pumping in total, around 3500 barrels per day. At the cost of oil at that time, almost $100 per barrel, money was coming in so fast I sincerely had no idea what to do with it. My accountant opened some shelters over seas and most of it went there. Some went into my original account in my home town that I'd opened before leaving.

After flying back home, I first went to see my brother. Our parents were long gone, having died when we were both in high school after being hit by a drunk driver. He told me Jody was still in town and he was unaware if she had divorce me or not. Talking to an ex SIL was painful at best and he admitted to avoiding her at all costs. It sounded as if that was difficult for a while. Our town was pop. 5500, so not big, not tiny. Eventually, I'd run into her if I stayed around. So I contacted a lawyer and asked him to look into it after explaining the circumstances. He was instructed to draw up divorce papers and have them served, if I was still married.

I heard back the very next day, I was still a married man so he drew up the papers and had her served at home, our old house where we had lived together. My lawyer contacted me to let me know he'd heard from her and she refused to sign them. She didn't want a divorce. She also didn't know I was back in town which would work to my advantage, or so I hoped.

After paying cash for a brand new Dodge 3500 4 door 4x4, I split my time watching Jody and searching for a place to live. I wasn't sure where I needed to sink my roots but it wouldn't hurt to have a place close to my brother, my only family. Soon enough I was looking at an 800 acre farm, where the farmhouse had burned down. With home prices still depressed and bare land even cheaper, I bought it for less than $1M. A river ran though it, there were ponds and a few smaller lakes too. I contacted a company and they took my money to start a log home on it. In the meantime, I bought a 40' 5th wheel and towed it out there where I parked it along the largest lake, about 30 acres in total. Lots of perch, catfish, bass and crayfish were in it!

Its funny, when you don't have any money you just can't get enough. But when you have money, more seems to find its way to you. I had more money than I knew what to do with and no one else knew I had two dimes to rub together. My brother and buddies thought my new truck was a loaner and my 5th wheel was something I was renting. I never said that specifically, but they all drew that conclusion and I never corrected them.

My lawyer would contact Jody periodically and she always refused to sign, saying she was still in love with me and wanted to stay married. After a while I'd had enough and between me, my brother and two buddies, we started keeping a close eye on her. What we learned earned me my divorce. We plotted and planned and sure enough, like the A-team used to say, don'tcha love it when a plan comes together? Waiting outside my former residence, I only hoped my old key still worked. I waited and when I saw what I hoped to, I grabbed my papers, my 1911 and my key and headed to the back door. After all the lights went off except the master bedroom, I tried my key (it worked!) and let myself in. Easing down the hall, I peek in our old bedroom and sure enough, there was Jody and Tom laying in bed, our old bed, together. I took a couple shots with my phone camera and then stepped in.

What Jody did then, was flat out shriek. Not a scream, this was much higher pitched. Tom shouted and started to jump up, but I drew my Colt and got his attention. He settled right down. Jody began to cry, telling me how much she loved and missed me. I just laughed. Seriously. I just plain laughed. There she was, naked and laying in bed with her boyfriend watching television, professing her love for me. Still holding the gun, I tossed the papers to her and told her to sign them. She refused so I pulled out my phone and began taking more pictures. And she started crying even more. Tom seemed shellshocked and angry both.

I fiddled around with my camera and then told her to sign the papers, again. When she refused, I touched one button on my phone and then told her to sign again. When she refused, I hit another button. After about 5 or 6 times, she asked what I was doing. So I told her. Each time she turned me down, I sent a picture of her and Tom laying there naked to one of her family members. So far, I'd sent it to her Dad, Mom, both sisters, her younger brother and was preparing the next one to go to her grandparents. After that, they were going to anyone I could think of in the community, such as our old preacher. She backed down and began signing, although crying hard enough that it took about a half hour for a 3 minute job.

When she was done, she held them out for me. When I reached out, she grabbed my wrist and attempted to pull it to her. I wrenched it away and told her to never touch me with her diseased hand ever again. By then, Tom was livid. I told him to sit down and shut up or else he'd be sorry. He sneered and dared me to hit him. I did something better. After returning the signed divorce papers to my folder, I drew out a picture and handed it to Jody, telling her to pay attention to the time stamp. It was of Tom the night before, fucking a girl right in the bed she was in at that moment. She was the angry one the and told Tom to leave. Before he could, I handed him one of the week before, when Jody was fucking a buddy of his right where they lay. Talk about a circle jerk of anger!

My divorce was final and my house finished in the same week. Both made me happy. Jody got the house, I had went ahead and paid it off for her, but nothing else. I moved in and hoped Jody had moved on. It was pretty funny, sad funny, when I saw her pull in to the gas pump next to me, where I was filling up my Dodge with diesel. She didn't recognize the truck and got out and waddled to the pump, where she put $20 cash in her Honda. I was staring right at her when she happened to notice me and I'm ashamed to say, I plain old laughed at her! I knew Tom had moved away and she had been alone over the 5 plus months since I'd shown them their pictures.

Her face was red from my laughing. You see, her belly was pretty big, I'd say about six or seven months along. One thing we'd always talked about was how when we had kids, we wanted a great homelife for them, complete with both parents and build a tight knit family. She would have none of that. I have to admit, she took the high road and gave me a sad smile before driving off.

I'm remarried now, to a very nice woman. She had had a steady boyfriend but he didn't want to marry so she finally broke it off. We really hit it off together and within a year, married. We're talking about kids now, but for the first few years I instead plan to take her anywhere in the world she wants to go.

And since you're all wondering, yes, Jody did learn about all my money. In her defense, she was nice about it and didn't try and fight me for any of it. She knew it was only because of her actions that I had it at all. I even gave her a ride one time, when Emily and I were driving toward town, Jody had run out of gas. She didn't want to but climbed in the back seat and we not only bought her a gas can and gas, but after it was running, we drove it back to town and filled it up. She didn't see me, but I also left five $100 bills in her ashtray.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 9 years ago
@ Anonymous 7/24/15 re: Just fricking awesome

Ahh, come on now. Stop this Anony stuff and write some damn stories! Leave us a name and we'll read'em. Shoot, your comment type stories are worth reading, so go whole hog and jump in with both feet!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Cheats and liars..

She is a cheat and he is a liar, why would I care what they do. Hard to like either one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hey "Cheats and Liars" Poster...

Go fuck yourself in the mouth! Since when does anyone owe the truth to a disrespectful, cheating, liar? Get real.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
You are pathetic

She doesn't care what you say, because she doesn't love you. We know this because SHE'S A CHEATING SLUT! She only loves herself; which by the way is the definition of evil. So why would you imagine she gives a shit about how you feel? If she were to cry, it certainly wouldn't be because of you. More likely, she would be worried about her free ride. Remember, it's all about her!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

a great little flash tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
cost

I admire the way he held his cool. I do not know if I could. You covered it very well.

Ed Grocott

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
super

Sir i must say heat off to your super work like to have more story's on that from your side

sinsational83sinsational83over 8 years ago
***************

This, I must say, has to be the most adult story I have read on this site. It was so adult as to how the husband handled the situation. the story was put together very well and flowed together greatly. Good job I really enjoyed reading it. Well worth the 4 stars I gave it.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
I agree with the comment about this being an adult story--

Unfortunately, most people are not this adult in real life. This was a great flash story and worthy of every one of the five stars I gave it. I'm sure I read Ohio's story but I'm going to have to go back and read it again, now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Third time of reading

and it just gets better. The sense of loss and sadness suffered by the husband just pours from the page. Here am I, a grown man, and I still have to wipe a tear from my eye after reading the story. Even the wonderful `Scenes` by Ohio lacked the shear desolation experienced by the husband in this story. Five stars, but I`d give it more if I could !

wizardglickwizardglickover 8 years ago
Only one problem

I'm left wanting more! This was really very good! Please write a continuation!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

I don't understand the avoidance of the person who told him of the affair. I would be thanking him for the rest of my life! Similarly, I would DEFINITELY tell her sister, she deserves to know.

And not that I could EVER forgive cheating, what SMALL understanding of cheating that I MIGHT have goes right out the window when she is cheating with her brother-in-law!

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 8 years ago
Childish.

Yes his reaction was childish. I understand the feeling of betrayal, the hurt, the lost trust, but an adult would always listen to the other side. If you love someone, truly love someone, there just may be a way to get through it. But when you close the door you will never know. That is quitting and very childish indeed.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
I Loved This Story

The wife risked and lost her marriage, possibly destroyed her sister's marriage...for what? Some meaningless sex? The thrill of knowing a secret that would shatter her loving husband? The thought of secretly cuckolding her husband? Cheating spouses are so immeasurably stupid and so deserving of the consequences that fall upon them. Absolutely fantastic story. Childish husband? Not even. He was the only mature person in this triangle.

morris53morris53over 8 years ago
Great Story!

I disagree with the "Childish" thoughts a great deal. The only childish ones were the cheaters. Cheaters always are so self centered, everything seems to revolve around them, they must have their way, nobody else matters, they always are right about their actions and justified, etc. Kenny handled the situation in an extremely mature manner. He didn't really put any digs into her. He just left her with an inferior person. She gets the leftovers. Too many people seem to like all the sneaking around and deceit for what they get. Let them have it.

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Not childish

I've read this story a number of times and have walked away with the same thought.

Good for him! He didn't burn her, even though she deserves it.

Why listen to the cheating whore? She had no intention of ever quitting and only had remorse of getting caught. Her actions deserved none of his consideration. Listening to her explanations or justifications would be only for her benefit. Her affair was all about her any way so why continue enabling the selfish bitch.

He walked away with his head held high. He was not childish in his thoughts or actions.

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...