All Comments on 'The Dairy State Boy'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Damn it, you made me cry again. But, at the same time, a good author either makes you cry or laugh or both.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Glad to see you are still here

IheartgayficIheartgayficalmost 2 years ago

This was so hot and then my heart broke. Great job!

BaladeerBaladeeralmost 2 years ago

I loved it and I hated it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
self-absorbed

Mr. Patrick really likes his own writing.

dagan732dagan732almost 2 years ago

I disagree that it's self absorbed, sounds like a millenial or gen z'er using a large word and critique to feel self important. As to the story, I was pleasantly surprised and hope that there's a part 2. If I have one complaint it's that I'm not sure whether or not the story ended. I can see alot of options for a sequel but if it is the end I think that should have been made more apparent.

jonkingbrothersjonkingbrothersalmost 2 years ago

The emotions here are powerful, and the words "intimate" and "intense" are both ideal descriptors of the relationship, the context, and the writing. I very much hope that you'll eventually write a follow-up to let us know what happened to each of them - and whether or not time ultimately brought them back together. Here's wishing the best for them both. It was a pleasure getting to know them both a little.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a well-written story from a skilled and gifted writer, so my next words are not a slam on the author or his skills. Some provocative opinions… This type of “gay” trope is insulting to gay men, imo. Attie was not straight, he was clearly bi. His past play with Craig, and his eager and ongoing sex with Kevin clearly proves that. He was however very conflicted over his sexuality and therefore set “rules” that made him a selfish lover and frankly an asshole. Kevin reduced himself to have whatever part of Attie that he could, but their sex was not healthy. It seemed like there friendship probably was - as they cleared did love each other. But starting with Wyatt’s ongoing flirting which turned into Bird’s sucking, Wyatt was in fact being rude (as he admitted) and then refused to give Bird anything in return. Bird expressed his desires on many occasions, which were usually shot down with more rules - no kissing, armpits, nipples, chest, stomach, all too lovey dovey”. Initially no to asshole too but then he loved being rimmed, fingered and came in gallons from being prostate massaged. Shielding it with a pillow was especially thoughtful and mature. So many mixed messages. His disrespect for Bird continued when he ‘outed’ their relationship without Bird’s consent at the Truth or Dare game, but then clearly catalogued for all their friends what he did and didn’t allow from Bird (of course not mentioning the rimming and ass play) and then fucked ex Maddie to prove he wasn’t gay, instead of following Bird home to make sure he was ok with all his dirt being shared (hint, he wasn’t ok). Then Wyatt gleefully let Bird suck his dirty dick with Maddie’s cunt still on it - repeatedly. And the response to Bird’s “I don’t mind” with “it wouldn’t matter if you did mind” was glaringly selfish. The Rain Man-like counting if blowjobs and strokes also proved Wyatt was way too into it. Finally, the farewell I love you’s, now offering to blow him or fuck him, and then the fucking and kissing felt very disingenuous. It was too late to act like Wyatt had caught feelings. Then he transfers and he’s out of Kevin’s life cold turkey. Hope he picks an loving open gay guy next instead of ass wipes like Kip and Wyatt. What could have been a hot bi/gay love story was instead an insulting, disrespect game of “I do a lot of gay shit but I’m not the least bit gay - and you’re my sex toy because you’re a meek little fag.”

Dpj49Dpj49almost 2 years ago

Damn, I want this story to continue. Great story telling. It’s one I’ll remember. Thank you

gayswallowergayswalloweralmost 2 years ago

Very good writing. I like the sexuality between you and him.

Bluepoohstar08Bluepoohstar08almost 2 years ago

wish they could somehow get back together and attie realize he loves little bird.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I knew before I started reading my heart would break, but it was worth it. Jesus.

Funny enough I thought of you the other day while at a Cards game. Glad to see you are posting again.

BaladeerBaladeeralmost 2 years ago

Wow. Read the disparaging comment about Mr. Patrick from an anonymous reader. It's sad that someone has to go to all the trouble of posting a unnecessary and childish comment and is too much of a coward to put their name to it.

furluvrcafurluvrcaalmost 2 years ago

Tremendously frustrating. Nicely written, but with a doormat of a gay character and an arrogant, selfish, emotionally abusive “straight” roommate who is anything but “without guile.” I’m in the awkward position of enjoying a story about two characters I loathe.

Aside: In my experience, it’s the vegetarians who have the sweeter cum. Red meat makes for bitter semen.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 2 years ago

Quite the book review from Anonymous down below! I’m going to balance out that one offended gay man by stating that I’m one gay man who is far from offended. I did read the entire story with a sense of dread mixed with a drop of fear. That Tax Day party nearly did me in. I was relieved by the way their story ends. No harm done, no permanent scar. Nothing insulting, no disrespect whatsoever (still looking at you Anonymous), a very realistic, gentle exploration. In short, a five star love story.

Ryan CarlyleRyan Carlylealmost 2 years ago

As usual with all your stories, just...wow. Literally....wow. The emotions, the feelings, the sex...you are so fucking talented that I can't say anything other than how great your writing is. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I've missed your works...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such an enjoyable read. Really enjoyed the banter and back-and-forth between Beef and Bird, which made that ending sting so much harder...

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickalmost 2 years agoAuthor

First and foremost, thank you for the feedback. Second, I’m probably a little self-absorbed, as I think we all are. It’s why we do what we do, to please the self (even the acts of charity we undertake are acts that make us feel better about ourselves). That being said, I’m reminded of two things my Grandmother said to me, over and over, which were: (1) the world needs more authors and fewer critics and (2) “Thumper” (which was her code for, “If you don’t have something nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.”). Third, I disagree that the relationship between Attie and Little Bird is offensive or even or one in which either is a doormat. Little Bird is a man of volition, and he loves giving Attie head. As Attie contended, it’s a win/win. Like many of my stories, this is fiction based in fact, and the suite mate from Sophomore year that inspired this one (1) was not gay, (2) did not take advantage of me (I was as happy to do what I was doing as he was to have me doing what I was doing), and (3) never offended me.

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 2 years ago

Loved that story, so sad for little bird and attie but in the end, a great storyline

Kmax1958Kmax1958almost 2 years ago

Ah! Sweet mystery of life

At last I've found thee

Ah! I know at last the secret of it all;

All the longing, seeking, striving, waiting, yearning

You’re back! Lol. I was hoping you had more to share with us and you didn’t disappoint. And I see there’s two more installments after this one.

Really good story as always. You keep my attention as I explore another facet of your imagination. Can’t wait to for what comes next…

readerfeederreaderfeederalmost 2 years ago

Your stories are nothing short of transcendent - truly gorgeous writing, with a touch of bittersweet melancholy

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 1 year ago

Great story. Not fond of the ending but can't always be HEA.

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 1 year ago

Additional comment to my earlier one which came before I read the other comments. Anonymous' critique is full of bull. He needs to read someone else. You David Patrick are a fabulous, talented writer. I had not read one of your stories in a very long time and was so glad to see this posted. Keep up the excellent work and thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous