The Dancing Queen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I did a little calculation and estimated I could easily sell a half million this first year - that was an extra $15,000 per year on top of my regular salary. I was going to be close to six figures this year.

We planned another Hawaii trip for September and I was starting to think about proposing to Celia. After the earlier problems everything was going really good. I was extremely happy at work and with the extra income of my commissions I was able to accelerate my work on the house.

The house was on a nice size lot, all one level with the guest cottage in the back. It had 3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms an open kitchen area, a study and a family room attached to the kitchen, The cottage was a single room with a bathroom and a small kitchenette.

I spent a lot of time in the garden. The garden was my oasis, and now with the redwood hot tub, it was spa-like in the back.

Celia had dropped her apartment in May and had moved in formally. It was wonderful having her here and for the most part all was good.

There was some tension when I traveled but I thought we would get used to it.

In August I asked Mike out for dinner, I had something serious to discuss with him. We met at a bar near his office at 6 PM, the weather was warm and we sat outside. "So what is up bro?"

"I've decided I'm going to propose to Celia and I would like you to be the best man".

He just stared at me for perhaps a full minute. "Married again, you remember what happened last time,".

"This is different, I'm different I was just a kid then, neither Kim or I knew what we were doing then. This is now, I love her and I don't want to be alone".

"You sure about her, I recall a few bumps, not that long ago" he said.

We talked about it more and I did get a few nervous thoughts based on what he said, it was if he was trying to talk me out of it, I respected Mike's opinion, but he didn't know Celia like I did.

"I want you to be my best man". I told him I was going to propose when we were on Kauai. We celebrated with tequila shots and ended up having a great night.

Two weeks later I was headed back out to Denver. I needed some samples to show the customers so that Friday I went out to the shop Smitty was not around. I grabbed my stuff and went to the saw.

"What you need boss?" It was John Pham. "I got it John, thanks though,". He quickly came over grabbed my samples cut them up boxed them and gave them back to me. "you need anything else, I take care of".

Pretty impressive young man. "Thanks John, I appreciate it".

"Boss, you need anymore help around here, my cousin is a good worker."

"Good to know John, and you can call me Cam,".

"Okay boss."

On my last trip to Colorado I had cold called on a place called Longfellows, this time I had a set appointment for Monday at 11, with Junior Longfellow. I met him at their office outside Denver.

He was a guy about my age, with a light beard and hair in a ponytail. We hit it off and our meeting stretched in to lunch. Not only did they look like they were going to be a good customer, I liked Junior.

As we were parting he told me he was doing some mill tours on the west coast in November and wanted to come see our operation. These are normally great relationship building opportunities.

I told him I knew I had something in Montana one week in November, but I would get back to him.

The trip to Kauai was unbelievable. We were at a nicer resort, the commissions helped with that cost. We hung out by the pool and on the beach. We explored the island, went on hikes, snorkeled, kayaked - active but relaxed all at the same time.

We had a lot of sex. We found a secluded beach and Celia went topless. She looked like a playboy bunny, I was so turned on. We nearly had sex on the beach, but there were a few people around. We more than made up for it when we got back to the hotel.

On the second to last night we were sitting on our balcony watching the sun set, and I gave her the engagement ring and asked her to marry me. She cried, hugged me and we ended up back in bed.

As we were laying there I asked her if she was happy and she said she was. "If you could change anything in our lives, what would it be?" I asked.

"She said "nothing" and we were quiet for a minute and then she said, "I guess if there is anything, I wish you didn't travel so much."

I told her it should slow down and that it was important for our financial future and maybe there may be times she could go with me.

"Okay" she said quietly, I brushed off the comment quickly without a second thought. Maybe too quickly.

Our lives kept going, but now with wedding planning happening also. We decided to do it around Valentines Day. Celia did most of the planning, I was supportive.

At work business continued strong, our addition of the Rocky Mountain market increased demand and we did end up hiring John's cousin Nathan Nguyen and another of their friends, Van.

Knowing Smitty was leaving I tried to spend some time with John. I saw that he was smart, hard working and dedicated. One night he invited me to get a beer with him, Nathan and Van. They were all good guys, seemed to like me, and were loyal to Specialty.

Lot's of stuff happening in our lives and they all appeared to be good things. I decided to hire a contractor to remodel the kitchen. It was a guy I knew who bought from us. I could do it but it would take months with me doing it, and I didn't want to tear that essential part of the house up for a long time.

Celia was involved with the design process and though we didn't agree on everything her contributions were helpful. Towards the end of October I had to go back on the road, Celia was unhappy about it and started to pressure me about a 2 or 3 day trip, rather than 5 days. There was no way I could do it in less than 5.

My November trip coincided with the week Junior was going to be in town for mill tours. I would miss it but Ted said he would be glad to show Junior our operation.

I had a trade show with a customer in Montana, and it was going to give me a good opportunity to showcase our products to this market. The show had set up on Friday morning and then started Friday evening and then all day Saturday.

I had a flight out early from Billings Sunday morning. On Friday the show was busy, there was a cocktail party at 8 PM and I had a number of promising conversations.

Every night when I traveled I also called Celia in the evening to check in.

This Friday I made it up to my room a little before 10 and called. No answer. Hmmm, maybe she went to bed or was in the shower? I called again at 10:30, no answer again, I figured she was asleep.

The show started Saturday at 10. I slept till 7, got up, worked out at the crappy little hotel gym and called Celia about 8:15. Still no answer!? After a quick shower I saw I had missed a call from her, I called her back "hey, we keep missing each other, how are you?"

Fine she said and seemed a little out of it, not the enthusiasm I expected. "Called you a couple of times, did you go to bed early?"

"No, I had the phone on mute, I was just puttering around the work in the kitchen," she replied.

"Did they get the tile finished?" and then we were talking about the kitchen remodel, completely dismissing the fact that she did not answer the phone the night before.

Monday was the week of Thanksgiving and we would be celebrating with the Robinsons.

Celia was a little off all week. Quiet, a bit withdrawn, maybe the holidays stressed her out. I didn't say anything about her mood.

I got an invitation from Longfellows our new customer in Denver to attend their Christmas Party December 9th. It was a Thursday night.

We talked about Celia coming with me, but I had other business and she had to work so I went alone.

They had decorated their warehouse area for the holidays. I knew there would be drinking so I Ubered from my hotel. It was fun and later in the evening I was talking to Junior about our trip to Hawaii. I was showing him some pictures and he saw one of Celia.

"Let me see that again, this is your fiancee?" I said "yes she is," I said proudly. He handed me back the phone then grabbed it again and stared at it closely. He had a serious look on his face, "what's up?" I asked.

"Does she know someone named Brandy?" He asked.

I looked at him and said "yes, why?"

"I could be wrong but I thought I saw her and some chick named Brandy at a dance club last month when I was out in your town, I got to tell you as a friend they were not acting like they were engaged".

This was when I had been in Montana.

I was starting to get pissed and embarrassed. I asked him to tell me what he knew.

"Friday night after touring the mill I went with another guy to some dance club called Dust. It was what you might expect, loud dark, etc. At one point Sean the guy I was with, was dancing with this Brandy. He said he could of taken back to the hotel if he wanted, but then later her and your woman were with these other guys, I don't remember all their names, they looked like trouble."

"Do you remember someone named Marcus, I asked".

"Yeah, that was one of them, he was friendly with your lady," Junior said. "Look man, you're a friend, I like you Cam, as much as it hurts I'd want someone to tell me if this happened to me."

"I know" I said, I appreciate it, "I should probably go,". "Thanks for the party and the info." I got a big hug from Junior and I left.

I was steaming but I had to think about this. #1. She told me no more dance clubs. This made me mad and #2. What was with the relationship with Marcus. She was lying to me I just didn't know how much.

I didn't sleep much that night and my flight home was delayed. Celia had texted me a couple times but I had yet to reply. Finally as I was boarding she called and I answered.

"When will you be home?"

"My flight is late and I won't be home till 6 tonight, ".

"Oh too bad, I love you and I miss you" she said.

I said "I will see you tonight" and I hung up.

After finally landing and on the way home I decided my plan was to see if she would lie to me. I gave her a hug and a kiss when I got home. I inspected the progress of the kitchen,

"I've got a question for you I said".

"Sure honey what is it?"

"When I was stuck in Montana at the show last month what did you do that Friday night?"

She looked away and said "nothing just hung out here."

" you have one last chance to think through that answer, where were you?" I calmly but coldly asked her.

"I was . . . " then she burst in to tears and ran to the bedroom.

I sat and waited, I was angry and sad. I just waited. 2 hours later she came out and told me this tale. She had talked to Brandy the day before and Brandy said they had to see this new club called Dust. Brandy new I was out of town and said that all they were going to do was check it out. They ended but staying there late and dancing late.

"And then what?" I asked.

"Then I came home", "alone?" I said, "Of course alone". " was Brandy with you?" "No she hooked up with an old boyfriend I think", "so you came home by yourself?"

"YES". she said.

"Who was at the club, anyone I would know?" " not really, I don't know!"

You can imagine how the rest of the conversation went, it was like pulling teeth to get hard information out of her.

What I finally found out was they went to the club ran into some friends and danced a bit.

Later Marcus and his crowd showed up and they hung out with them for a while. She claims she left about midnight.

" Have you ever had sex with Marcus?" I asked.

"Absolutely not '" she answered. "Does he want to have sex with you?" I asked.

"NO, well maybe, probably, but he's just a friend you are the only one I want to be with!!" She wailed.

I told her I needed to think about this and she should stay in the cottage.

Sobbing she grabbed her things and headed to the cottage.

The timing could not be worse. We were in the midst of wedding planning, the holidays were around the corner and my entire future was up in the air.

I needed some advice and called Mike. He suggested I come over on Friday night.

Meanwhile this week with Celia had been very uncomfortable. She was either crying or apologizing. I was upset, I loved her but at this point I did not trust her. Can there be love without trust?

I met Mike and Megan at their sleek new home in the South Hills. I gave them the whole story and I asked them what they thought. Mike was of the opinion that if you cannot trust someone you shouldn't marry them. Hard to argue with that.

Megan said this, "I feel a little responsible for introducing you two, and I don't know Celia all that well, but I do think she is a nice person, not a bad one. And I also knows she is deeply in love with you,".

I agreed with Megan on this one. "Ultimately, you either have to believe in them or not, that is something only you can decide." she said.

That night I went home and asked Celia to come up to the house. We made small talk for a few minutes, I could tell she was nervous. I had a couple questions for her, and I told her she needed to be absolutely honest. She agreed.

I asked if she felt like the whole club scene was important to her. I asked exactly what happened the night she and Brandy went to Dust. And I asked her about the true nature of her relationship with Marcus.

She told me that no, the clubs were not important. That Brandy got her at a weak moment, she was bored and lonely and just wanted to have fun.

Yes Marcus was hitting on her but she was not interested in him like that. Yes the attention from those guys made her feel good, but she had never done anything other than being groped a few times on the dance floor.

I thought about that and what she said sounded sincere and consistent of what my impressions are of her. I told her this was a good first step.

She asked if she could stay in our bed tonight and I agreed. I had no intention of having sex with her, but I was unsuccessful with that intention.

Though the holidays, the wedding and life went on. My radar was up a little and I watched closely. Nothing made me think anything was wrong. Celia was loving and affectionate.

For my January trip she took the week off from work went with me, and we spent the weekend in snowy Boulder. We had a great time. The whole Dust incident was fading from memory.

We were married in February and it was a wonderful event. I met her Mom and several members of her family. There were less than 100 people total, family, The Robinson's and some close friends. None of her pals from the dance club, except Brandy.

We honeymooned on St Maarten in the Caribbean. It was different from Hawaii. The ocean was warmer, fewer waves, and a beautiful blue color. You could tell there was a heavy European influence. Especially at the clothing optional beaches.

Celia went topless and kept the minimum covered below the waist. We had every kind of sex at least daily for the entire honeymoon. Without question my best vacation ever.

For the next two years things went along very well. I sometimes would think back to that December and the fact that I almost cancelled the wedding and marriage, I was glad I hadn't. I blocked out any seeds of doubt and thought positive thoughts.

We kept working on the house and it was becoming a real neighborhood showpiece, I was proud. Business continued to be good and we even considered opening up other markets, except currently with people and our operation we were at capacity.

I began a good friendship with John Pham. He was a great employee and a good guy. He knew our operations and our machinery. He was the last one to leave the shop at night.

Once every few weeks John, Van, Nathan and I would sit in the shop after hours, with the smell of cedar and sawdust and drink a six pack. Our talk was casual about the business and life. I enjoyed their company and I think they liked me.

Just as things seemed fairly stable a new competitor out of Asia started importing to the US.

We first heard about them in Southern California, but we knew we would see them in our markets soon. It was an engineered product that looked close to some of our products but was at least 30% less expensive.

We started seeing sales slipping. We had been on this steady increase and had invested in resources to meet the demand and now for the first time ever, for me, sales were going the other way.

Ted, Kimberly and I met to discuss our strategy with the new competition.

Ted felt like the best thing to do was get in front of our customers and review the differences and quality of our products.

"This will mean more travel, and I'm afraid I'm going to need you Cam to cover our Nor Cal market as well as the Mountain market," I knew Ted was right and I knew I needed to do this, but I was stressed out.

That night when I got home I talked to Celia about business and what I was going to need to do. "How long is this going to take" she asked.

I told her I didn't know, it will certainly be months.

"Months!" She exploded, "you're telling me you will be gone 2 weeks per month, for months!" I told her yes and I could not make any promises. She fumed. Now not only was I stressed out about work, I was getting no support from Celia.

We had some good moments but over the next six months our relationship suffered. The closeness we had was rarely there. I felt like I was fighting a battle in the marketplace as well as fighting a battle at home.

After six months of my traveling and her not understanding our marriage was at an all time low. I had to travel for the business, the travel was helping and business was steady but it took a consistent effort. She didn't understand.

I left on Monday to head to the Bay Area, the weekend had been rough. No closeness, no good conversations and no sex.

I started to feel guilty about the travel and called her on Tuesday and said we needed a night out when I got back. She seemed a little more energetic about things and I thought maybe our relationship will start getting better.

Friday night we Ubered to Tomlinson Bistro in Old Town. Celia was affectionate, the conversation was good, she even asked me about business. We had a great dinner and a nice bottle of wine and a couple of after dinner drinks.

I thought sex tonight will be great. I called Uber and we waited outside the restaurant for our ride.

I went inside to use the restroom and when I came back outside there was Marcus, Bobby and that crowd hovering around Celia. She was smiling and laughing and Marcus had his arm around her waist.

I walked over grabbed his wrist to remove his hand. He flinched, kind of clipped my jaw, and I shoved him. The next thing I knew I was on the ground. One of them had cold cocked me and I blacked out for a second.

When I came to, Celia was helping Marcus up! Then she apologized to them. I was groggy but I knew what I saw.

Then she walked over to me and started yelling, blaming me for the incident.

They took off when someone from the restaurant came out to check on things. I was still on my hands and knees with my eye swelling shut.

Just then, Uber showed up.

We both got in. I was still dazed, she just lit into me.

Why did I have to ruin things, why did I knock Marcus down, what was I thinking grabbing his hand. "It's my body, what were you doing attacking my friends,".

I didn't say a word. I did not trust myself, I was so angry at her and the situation. Stressed out at work, stressed out about my marriage and she is showing far more loyalty to Marcus than her husband.

The moment we got into the house she went to the kitchen to get me an ice pack. She had no idea how mad I was.