The Dancing Queen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Get your ass away from me!" I roared. It shocked her. She just stood and looked at me. "Get your ass out of here! You can stay in the cottage!!"

"What is your problem tonight!" She lashed back.

"Tonight!" I thundered. "My problem is you every night, no support, no affection, just whining because I'm trying to earn a living for us."

She walked to the bedroom grabbed her stuff and headed out the back way towards the cottage without a word.

I definitely needed the space and I was relieved when she left. I sat at the table and had a brandy. By my second one I had calmed way down and took an account of my life.

I loved my job and even with the challenges it was a career. I loved my relationship with The Robinson's. Ted was a mentor and a friend, Kim and I had always been friends despite the failed marriage, and Mike was my best friend.

I loved my house. I was steadily transitioning it into my idea of a perfect home. Perhaps because growing up housing was never quite sure for my family, having my own place was extra important.

I started feeling better and decided tomorrow Celia and I would talk and maybe even think about counseling.

I gave her a little time. At 9 AM I walked out to the cottage with a tray of coffee, juice and fruit. I opened the door and no one was there.

Her stuff wasn't here and she clearly had not spent the night here. Okay, now what. I puttered around the backyard for an hour or so and called her. Straight to voicemail. Hmmmm.

Mid afternoon I called again, voicemail. I worked around the house, tried a few more times, then I called Kimberly.

She invited me over for dinner and she, Millie and I discussed my situation. Kim said we had both made mistakes but Millie was firmly in my corner. We discussed all options - including divorce.

I was in town this week and after a half dozen more calls and no reply by Tuesday, the ball was in her court.

Friday mid day she called. She was staying with friends and wanted to come by and get some of her stuff.

She came by at 6 that evening. I wanted to talk and she said not yet. I asked where she was staying and she said with friends, I asked who and she said "Just Some Friends!!"

I told her I was gone next week through the weekend at another trade show and that I would like to talk with her when I got back.

She nodded okay. She took off in some vehicle I did not recognize with dark tinted windows. I couldn't tell who was driving.

I decided to fly out Sunday night for Denver, that way I could hit the ground running on Monday morning.

My sales pitch to my customers was quality, service and the relationship we had established.

This compared to cheaper prices as the only value my Asian competitor had. We actually were keeping a good per cent of our business, particularly when material defects started appearing from the Asian stuff.

I had dinner Tuesday night with Junior Longfellow. He and I were close enough that I told him the whole story about my situation.

"You know, he said, we don't really need you at the show this weekend." We were co sponsoring a booth with Longfellow at the trade show.

"The show will be slow and if anything I probably have too many people scheduled there anyway, I think you need to get back and take care of business at home". My first reaction was to protest, but I decided to take him up on it.

I got an early flight for Friday morning that got me home before 9 AM. The rest of my week in Colorado went well, I was feeling optimistic about things, though I knew Celia and I had a lot to work on.

I drove straight home from the airport, and as I unlocked the door I immediately could tell something was wrong. The house was trashed.

Had I been burglarized?

The closer I looked, it looked like a party had happened. Empty alcohol bottles were all over the place, trash, unwashed dishes. There was a burn mark on my refinished hardwood and a huge dark stain on my couch.

I checked everything out, there was no one in the house but it looked like the guest room bed had been used. Celia? Would she do this. I thought she loved the house like I did.

I wandered outside and the backyard looked fine but I did see a few cigarette buts on the ground. I went to the cottage, and opened the door to see Celia and Marcus asleep in the bed.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!"

She jumped up, "you weren't supposed to be home until tomorrow," she said. She was nude and for whatever reason was covering herself up in front of me.

Meanwhile Marcus casually rolled over and stared at me with a smirk on his face. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE ASSHOLE!" I bellowed at him.

"Chill man," "I'll be leaving, but you understand the lady here owns half this house".

"You've got 2 minutes to get THE FUCK, out of here!" I shouted, "

"We are married and it's my house too" She chimed in.

I was seething mad, and I knew if I didn't leave these two something very bad would happen. "2 minutes" I said and left.

Back in the main house I called Mike and explained what had happened. He was calm and said he would make some calls to divorce attorneys for me and set something up. Divorce, at this point seemed like the only option.

I called Kim at work and gave her a quick version and she said that she and Millie would come over tonight.

I ordered new door locks from the hardware store. I was so wound up and I started cleaning the fucking mess of my house.

Mike called back and he had a meeting set up Monday at 11 AM with a divorce attorney he was referred to.

His name was Darren King. I checked out his profile. Ex military JAG, originally from Texas. I found his picture, dark hair, a strong jawline and a very no nonsense appearance. Good.

I checked the cottage and they were gone. It was a mess too. There also appeared to be evidence of drug use.

I got the locks and installed them. By then it was dinner time and Kim and Millie showed up. They got the whole story and even Kim agreed - there was no way to save this relationship. I was more angry than sad at this point.

I met with Darren King and he was just as he appeared. Firm handshake, looked me straight in the eye. He explained that even though she committed adultery that would not be a factor in the divorce settlement.

He asked about my assets and I told him about the house, my bank and retirement accounts and my 9% ownership of Specialty Timbers. He said it would be likely things would be split 50-50 and to prepare for that outcome.

He said he would put the papers together and I could have her served by the end of the week.

After I left I was in shock. My marriage was over, she would get half of the value of the house and half of my equity in Specialty Timbers. The solidness of my entire life was being threatened. I was starting to get depressed.

I called Mike to explain what was happening. After explaining what Darren King told me about 50-50 Mike said " don't worry about that for now, just take care of yourself, I may be able to help." I felt a little better after talking to Mike, but what could Mike do, the law was the law.

I went in to work mostly because I didn't want to be by myself, and tried to lose myself in the familiarity of helping run this business. It seemed like both Ted and Kim had talked to Mike, they were both encouraging about what the outcome may be.

I wasn't nearly as optimistic. Even John, Nathan and the warehouse guys were supportive. John walked up to me and said "boss we got your back, don't worry." I truly appreciated their friendship.

I had divorce papers served to her at her work on Friday. I immediately got a text from her saying " ASSHOLE, you had to send them to my work! I want half of EVERYTHING,".

I called Mike who had me call Darren, who told me to cease any communication with her. If she hires a lawyer, I was to contact Darren and then it would all be done between the lawyers. I couldn't help but worry about my house and my shares at Specialty.

I was upset and called Mike about it, he said "I know you're worried, but I am working on a few things for you. Have I ever let you down before?"

He hadn't, but I asked him, "what exactly are you working on?"

" Can't say yet, have faith."

The weeks went on and my life settled in to work pretty exclusively. I didn't even want to work on the house, she may get it. I functioned with a dark cloud, not only my assets were being attacked, but my wife was gone.

I spent this time wondering what happened. I knew I was gone a lot, but I thought she understood this was for our future. I had learned in life you make short term sacrifices for long term gain. I knew she was a bit of a flirt and liked to get attention from men. That whole dance club scene showed that.

I was sad, nervous and angry all rolled in to one.

If there was any good news it was that business had rebounded and we started making some plans to go after the Southern California and potentially Texas markets. We had inquiries about our products from these areas.

One night as I was getting home I saw what I thought was the same dark tinted window car that Celia had been in, idling at the curb by my house and then pull away as I drove up. They certainly knew where I lived.

The following Tuesday I got a call from Darren King saying that he had correspondence from Celia's attorney. They were asking for half of my share of equity of Specialty Timbers, 50% of my bank account and investments, and the house.

I exploded, "NO FUCKING WAY!" He told me to calm down they can ask for anything they want. He was working with Mike on something that had to do with my finances and we may have a surprise for them.

2 more weeks went by and one night John, Nathan and Van and I all went out for beers in old town. As we were sitting inside The Z Bar a couple of Marcus' guys walked by and gave me the eye. Then quickly they hurried off.

I looked over and John was just staring at them. " those the asshole's boss?" John asked, "yes" I told them. The 3 of them started talking in Vietnamese. "What?" I asked. "no worries boss, we got your back".

The next day Darren called me and said we had a preliminary and potential settlement conference next Wednesday at his office.

"What do I need to do, how can I help?" I asked. Just be here at 3 PM he told me.

I called Mike and told him what was going on, " yeah I know, we'll be there too,". "We" I said, "who is we?"

"Like I told you have faith, this may work out okay for all of us." And then he hung up. I was mystified but slightly encouraged.

I was there early on Wednesday and Darren's secretary took me to a back office. After a few minutes I was ushered in to the conference room.

On our side of the table were Darren, Mike, a man I did not know, and me. On the other side were Celia's attorney, Rick Blasingame, Celia, still looking good, and I could not believe it but Marcus was there, sitting and smirking.

There were no handshakes and no small talk. Darren started, "alright Mr Blasingame it's your meeting go ahead". " if I may" he started, " Mrs Joseph is just after what is rightfully due her after your client threw her out of their marital home,".

"Go on". Darren said while staring directly at him,

"Here is a fair and accurate accounting of the marital assets" and handed us all a paper.

It read like this: a). 9% of Specialty Timbers LLC, 1/2 valued at $360,000, b). 50% of the residence on Ravenscrest Drive, 1/2 valued at $325,000. c). 50% of Mr Joseph's retirement account valued at $63,000. d). 50% of their joint checking and savings account valued $19,000. c). Miscellaneous prices of furniture and other household items.

At this point the man I did not know opened his briefcase and brought out some documents. "Mr Blasingame allow me to introduce myself to you and your client. My name is Aaron DeVosier. I am an attorney and I have a doctorate in corporate law. I have several documents that you may find interesting," as he handed both Celia and Blasingame some legal looking papers.

"#1 Mr Joseph does not own the house on Ravenscrest it is an asset owned by Specialty Timbers LLC,"

"But" sputtered Blasingame, "he is an owner of the company and . . . "

"No he is not!" interrupted Aaron. "By their corporate bylaws a majority can nominate for ownership and in unusual cases where it may harm the company, the majority can rescind shares." " if you turn to the third page of the annual meeting, the majority owners rescinded Mr Joseph's shares before the divorce decree was served".

At this point Marcus yelled "this is bullshit!" "Half of that is yours". Celia was crying and Blasingame was way over his head.

"Whoever you are" directed a steely eyed Darren King, " anything more out of you and you will be removed. In fact I will do it myself!"

At that point Marcus bolted from the room slamming the door. Celia continued to cry and other than that there was silence in the room.

"Mr Blasingame, Mr DeVosier has examined all the records and has had them certified and endorsed through the attorney generals office of the state of Oregon. You are welcome to try to take this to a higher court, but a piece of advise, it will be expensive for your client and I may add Mr DeVosier has been a counseling attorney on matters of far more sophisticated corporate law than this. He also, as a favor to his fraternity brother Michael Robinson, is consulting pro bono on Mr Joseph's behalf."

I was in just as much shock as Celia and Blasingame. Darren opened a file folder and pulled out a check. "Here is a cashiers check for $25,000, that Mr Blasingame is our final offer. Would you like a few moments to consult with your client?"

"Yes I would" said Blasingame.

We left and went to Darren's office I was hugging Mike, hugging Darren and when I went to hug Aaron DeVosier he held out a hand and said " a handshake will do,"

I laughed and shook his hand. "Thank you, all of you, but do I not own my house?"

Mike smiled and said, "don't worry the house is yours. When my old man did that contract with Terry Peterson to buy the house, Peterson wouldn't sell it to you because he was worried you may not keep up with the payments, so the old man was making the payments and you were paying him. I got to thinking about that and Aaron took a peek at the deal and today that house belongs to Specialty Timbers. Once this all settled we'll get it legally in your name."

"Ummm, but what about my shares of the company?" I asked. "Do I still own 9%?"

"No as a matter of fact you don't, again once this is all settled and done you will own 14%, I have bequeathed you 5% of my ownership."

"In all honesty, Cam you deserve it. The company is doing well and you are a big part of that,". At that moment Darren's secretary came in and told us that Blasingame was ready to talk to us.

Back to the conference room and we all took our spots. Darren began " all right Mr Blasingame what have you and your client decided?"

"Well Mr King, it is not that simple. Though he does not own the house Mrs Joseph spent many hours repairing and working on the house. Furthermore while Mr Joseph was on his many travels, it was Mrs Joseph that minded the house,".

"And?" said Darren.

Blasingame went on, " we believe $50,000 is far more in line with what Mrs Joseph at a minimum deserves,".

At that Darren, shut the file folder, stuffed it back in his briefcase, stood up and said "see you in court," and at that Mike and Aaron DeVosier also stood.

"Wait, wait, wait, we'll take the $25,000." Sputtered Blasingame.

Darren pulled out the divorce decree and both Celia and I signed the agreement. I was free with very little cost. As Celia and Blasingame filed out, Mike said loud enough for all to hear "$25,000 nice job, we would have gone up to $75k".

All I heard was a single sob from Celia and that was it. " that was a little rough Robbie". Aaron said.

Mike replied " not rough enough my friend."

We celebrated at a bar and I happily bought. I was so thankful for the legal advice and especially thankful that Mike Robinson was my friend.

Friday was a long day at work but a good day. Business was good, I felt so good about all the support I got from Ted, Kim, Mike, John and the guys in the warehouse, I just felt good to be part of a good group of people.

I was still mad at Celia, but more than anything I was turning sad about the relationship. If just a couple of things had gone a different way I believe we could have been happy. But I also thought, should a strong relationship be that fragile? Hard to say.

Little did I know but as I was leaving work, a dark car with tinted windows began to follow me.

I was oblivious, just glad to be heading back to my house. I went immediately to the back deck for my after work beer. I sat there closed my eyes and just exhaled. That was when I first heard them.

There was 3 of them and Marcus had a knife, " well, well, well look what we have here."

"What do you want Marcus," I said, I was scared.

"What I want is a piece of you, a few fingers maybe a hand, or maybe something else,". I looked around at an escape route and just then the other two guys grabbed me. " this is going to be fun," he chuckled.

At that moment I heard a commotion from back by the cottage within seconds, John, Nathan, Van and 3 of their friends all appeared in my yard.

"You need any help boss?"

"As a matter of fact John I do, can you help show these guys the way out?"

Marcus started backing away and his guys took off.

John's guys grabbed them and John grabbed Marcus. "we going to have a discussion mister," he said to Marcus as he escorted them out of the yard.

About an hour later John came back by himself. I thanked him and asked how he knew they were here. " I look out warehouse door and see black car follow you, I see those guys before, bad guys."

"Well thank you, how can I repay you?" I asked, I was grateful.

"Repay?" "Repay what, you no repay, we friends,". I was moved to near tears. "and boss, my guarantee, those guys don't come back." I didn't want to know.

—————————————————————————————————————————-

EPILOGUE . . . . flash forward 5 years. Business has it's up and downs, but for us, mostly up.

I had a new guy working and though he did not know the lumber business he was smart, hard working and a good learner. I have him working in op's with John and the guys.

His name is Chase DeVosier, yep a cousin of Mike's fraternity brother Aaron that helped me so much all those years ago. Seems Chase was not interested in college and needed a job. At first I thought I was repaying a favor, but he is working well for us.

Ted still comes in every day but I think he mostly reads the newspaper and talks to old friends. Kimberly is really running the place and I help. I spend a lot of time on the road but now that we are established, not nearly as much.

My love life has improved too. Through my friendship with John and Nathan I met Van's sister Jelly. Yes that's her name.

I asked her why she was named that and she told me, "when my Mom had me and I came out, she said, that's Jelly". So cute. And she is cute.

She is a fitness instructor at The Valley Club, and she is in very good shape. I'm almost 10 years older than her, but she doesn't seem to mind.

She also doesn't seem to mind that I am not eager to get married again. She says to me "you look at other woman and I kick her ass, and then I kick yours!" I just smile and laugh.

Did I ever run into Celia again and see her looking bad or anything, no. Never saw her again. And to be honest I don't even think of her much. I did see Marcus one time walking towards me on the street, he saw me and crossed to the other side.

I am forever grateful for the people in my life. Ted, Kim, Millie, John Pham, Nathan, Van, of course Jelly, but most of all Mike. I love my home and l love my company. I am a very lucky man.