The Dancing Queen

Story Info
A man's life with woman he may not trust.
15.2k words
4.37
68.3k
73
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gumbo25
Gumbo25
1,175 Followers

I was trying to think where to start this tale, and I think I will begin on that Friday night in April. I may jump around a bit for some background but let's start on that Friday.

It was Friday afternoon a little after 5 and I was done with work for the week. The weather in Oregon can be unpredictable in April, but today was gorgeous almost 70 degrees, sunny, not a cloud in sight.

I was in a good mood, work week over and this great weather. What am I going to do this weekend? That's when my mood went south. I had no plans, no dates, nothing to do.

I have been divorced for 3 years, 28 years old, at this point in the story, and not dating anyone. I have tried the online route with no luck, just a waste of money. Most of my friends are married and a couple of the blind dates they have set me up on were flops.

My ex is in a solid relationship with a woman, and they may be my closest female friends. Creeping in to my head is the thought "what's wrong with me?"

I pulled up to my house and felt momentarily better looking at the structure. Through my boss I had gotten a great deal on the house.

It was definitely a fixer and I had spent a lot of time trying to get it back in shape. I had made progress. The 1950's era mid century modern had been a reclamation project and I had invested a lot of time and money to get it to the point It was at now. My industry connections in the lumber business had helped.

I got home grabbed my running stuff and went to change. I looked at myself in the mirror, 6' a fairly solid 190 lbs, not washboard - but certainly some visible abdominal muscles. According to my ex, I was "not bad looking".

So what was wrong with me and how is it I have not had a meaningful date in many months? I was starting to get depressed so I took off on my 5 mile run.

I always feel better after the workout and was enjoying a beer and the late afternoon sunshine on my back deck when my cell buzzed. It was my ex brother in law Mike, " hey Cam, what's shakin'".

Mike is in finance and the little money I have, he takes care of. He is really good. His wife Megan is beautiful, fun to talk to, and keeps his enormous ego in check.

"What do you got going tomorrow?" Knowing I had nothing but reluctant to admit it, i implied I was busy but had some flexibility to my schedule. "Don't tell me the old man has you working on Saturday".

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A little background at this point. I work at Specialty Timbers. Mike's father, Ted Robinson, is the owner and my boss. My ex Kimberly is the accountant and Mike's sister and Ted's daughter. Mike never went into the lumber business, got his MBA and now he has his own investment business, Robinson and Associates.

Growing up my Mom my sister and I weren't exactly poor, but we flirted with that socio economic strata. In high school anything beyond the basics, I had to pay for myself.

After football season my junior year I went to the counseling center and found a lead for a job at a company within bicycle distance of my Mom's place. I knew if I ever were to get a car, no one was going to help me pay for it.

That Tuesday at 4 pm was the first time I entered the front door at Specialty Timbers. It was an open office with windows to the warehouse/shop at the back and 3 private offices on the left hand side. I checked my note card and asked for Mr Hanratty.

10 minutes later an older short guy with long hair falling in his face walked up, "I'm Skip Hanratty" and he offered a large rough hand with part of his pointer finger missing.

We walked to one of the offices with files, magazines, catalogs and blocks of wood everywhere. He sat behind his desk, put his feet up and asked me what I knew about the lumber business. "not very much" I replied, probably not the best answer if I wanted the job.

"Then why are you wasting my time?" I was nervous and intimidated, and didn't know how to answer, he just stared at me.

Finally I said, "Mr Hanratty, I need a job, and I promise you I will work hard."

He kept staring for a good 30 seconds, not saying a word. I was thinking of what other jobs were on the board at the counseling center, when all of a sudden he says " be here tomorrow at 3:30 and be prepared to work."

I was shocked, stood up, shook his hand and left. I noticed a tall balding man poke his head out of the last office and look at me. Little was I to know how the path of my life had just changed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So back to that Friday in April sitting on my deck talking to Mike, "no I'm not working this weekend just a lot of errands to try to get done",

"Oh bullshit, tomorrow is Saturday and there is an event at the fairgrounds and I have to be there. Megan has a couple of friends coming and I need you to be there with me."

I actually wouldn't mind going but I had to act like I didn't. But before I could even start any protestation, Mike said "pick you up at eleven," then I heard the dial tone. I guess I'm going to the Spring Fair.

————————————————————————————————+————————-

I met Mike Robinson the same day that I met my ex wife. By the end of my junior year I had been working at Specialty 5 days a week 3:30 - 6:00 and occasionally on Saturdays if they needed it. I had bought a very used Corolla with lot's of miles but it ran well and got good gas mileage.

I made just about enough to pay insurance, get some gas and I was left with about $10 extra per week to help my Mom.

I was excited to start working full time 7 - 3:30 every day now that school was out for the Summer.

On the Tuesday after Memorial Day I showed up bright and early to start my first full day of work. The shop lead was a wiry man named Don Smith. It was Don who I guess you would call my supervisor during my after school working days.

Smitty new all the machines in the shop, watched over inventory and supervised deliveries and receipt of materials in the shop. He basically ran the back end operation. He taught me a lot and this summer I was going to learn more about how the milling, veneer and other machines worked. My job was basically running the machines maintenance. What I knew I learned from Smitty.

That Tuesday I was informed I got a 15 minute break at 10 AM, 30 minutes for lunch at noon, and then off at 3:30. Smitty sent me to the break room at 10, a place I'd never been before, it was on the far side of the office, near the women's bathroom.

As I entered the office I first saw this preppy little punk smirking at me, I guess it was because of the way I was dressed. "Hiya Smitty, you're going to cause an energy crisis,".

I was wearing an old pair of overalls Smitty had given me and it still had the oval tag with his name sewed on to the bib. It was smeared with oil from my work on the equipment.

That wasn't the worst of it, immediately I heard a giggle and there was this girl, about my age, good looking, giggling behind her hands at me. Who were these people, I had never seen them before at Specialty.

Just then the owner, the tall man that looked at me on the day of my interview, yelled at them to knock it off. I quickly got to the break room, away from these two smug kids. As I was sitting embarrassed, and drinking a cup of copy, the owner, the tall man, came into the break room. In all the months I'd worked there I had never spoken to him.

"Don't mind them, they're just my spoiled children, they are working here this summer, but to be honest I'm not sure what Mike is being paid for. We've never formally met, I'm Ted Robinson" he offered his hand.

I mumbled "Cameron Joseph" as we shook.

"Good to meet you Cameron, I am hearing good things about you from Smitty, let's talk again later this summer, in the meantime, ignore those 2 jackasses."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And that was my first encounter with Mike and Kimberly Robinson. I heard the horn of Mike's black BMW that Saturday morning, only 20 minutes late. "Where's Meg?"

I glanced at Mike, dark sunglasses, slicked back black hair, tan face, still the preppy I met 12 years ago.

"She met Brandy and Celia for coffee downtown, we're meeting them at the fair". Hmmm, Brandy and Celia, I wonder if this was a set up.

We parked and walked a few blocks to the fairgrounds. "I got to drop this by the fair, office" RA is a co sponsor of the event and Mike was delivering his company brochures. "The girls are over by the booths".

As we walked up I saw the gorgeous, blond and smiling Megan, who gave Mike a kiss and introduced me to Brandy and Celia.

Brandy had long dark straight hair and very curvy but a bit of a hard look. She was showing a little cleavage and I had to keep my eyes up when we shook hands.

Celia was different, dark curly hair, athletic build and a ready smile. She stared into my eyes, "nice to meet you Cameron, I've heard about you", I snuck a glance at Megan and all I saw was a sly smile. My weekend was definitely getting better.

As a group of five we wandered the fair and I found myself often strolling along side Celia. She had a nice way of looking me right in the eye when we talked. She had a great laugh, and I found myself being outgoing and witty.

Every so often I would glance over at Mike and catch him smiling at me. It was turning out to be a great day.

We spent several hours checking out all the exhibits, occasionally running in to acquaintances and having a good time. Mike knew a lot of people and this was networking for his business.

We decided to go to Mallory's and grab a beer and try to get an outside table. Brandy decided to head home, something about a headache, and Mike said we would make sure that Celia had a ride.

We found a great outdoor table and the sun felt wonderful . Mike told lot's of funny stories about work, marriage and his family. I tried to remember the last time I had such a good time. Celia was fun to talk to, interesting, and asked me questions about myself.

After Mike ordered a 3rd round I made the offhand comment, " for sure I need to run tomorrow," Celia asked where I ran and before I knew it, we had a running date for Sunday at 9 AM.

Eventually we left, I was having such a great time with Celia, talking, laughing, learning about her life it was very nice. We just seemed to click, I was just hoping there wasn't some version of a significant other in her life.

We dropped her off at her condo and I told her I would pick her up at 9 for the run on the Rhododendron Trail.

As soon as we her heading home I got the "look" from the front seat. "What" I said as they gave me the smirking grin.

"OK, so she's cool, what do you want from me," "running tomorrow with her, wow that's fast" Mike grinned.

Ever since Kim and I divorced Mike's been trying to find me a new woman. I actually thinks he feels a little responsibility about my failed marriage with his sister. He may have known about her orientation before hand but he never said so.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I worked at Specialty Timbers all my senior year after school, once football was done. I even worked Saturdays in the Fall. I was learning from Smitty all about the machinery from the inside out. During busy weeks I was asked to run equipment on Saturdays, and I ran everything but the veneer press and learned the capabilities of all the machines.

Kim came in on Saturdays and helped with the books. She went to a private high school on the other side of town so this was the only time I got to see her .

She was really cool, fun to talk to and not stuck up, like other rich kids.

About half way through our senior year we started dating. What started out as friendship became dating and before we graduated we had begun having sex.

Kim has a tight body with a beautiful ass and small but pert breasts. I loved making love to her, and in retrospect I now came to realize that she was not into it nearly as much as I was. But I was blinded by my own lust and during those moments, I did not notice.

We both graduated and both worked at Specialty that summer. I wasn't sure what I was going to do in the Fall, but Kim was going to Colorado College.

I was concerned about being apart, missing her, other guys ( little did I know then other guys were never going to be a problem) and just the distance. When I would bring any of this up to her all she would say is don't worry your the only man for me. She was honest - she just didn't mention other women in the equation.

Late that summer, my boss, Kim's dad Ted Robinson, approached me and asked about my plans for the future. I really didn't know what was going to happen. I had an application for Lane Community College on my dresser, but even as inexpensive as community college was, I did not have the money for it.

Turns out Mr Hanratty had cancer. He was only coming in a few days a week and that was not going to last for long.

"Cameron you know our shop, you are good with our customers and I need some youth in this office. I was thinking of having you work with Smitty when needed in the shop, but mostly I want you in the office learning the business side of Specialty Timbers".

I was shocked. "I'm going to start you at $3000 a month and when times are good there are year end bonus's." I immediately accepted and I couldn't help but wonder if my relationship with his daughter helped me get this position.

On Monday I started in the office. I showed up in my shop clothes, Ted immediately sent me home to change. I began learning the business. I was in impressed with Ted's knowledge and easy going but confident way with customers. I had a good knowledge of products and what our machining could do.

What I didn't know was pricing, customer knowledge and the accounting side of the business. Ted was helpful and patient with me. After initial nervousness around him I began to become much more comfortable with him.

I stayed in touch with Kim while she was at college and I felt like our relationship was staying strong through the Fall.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I picked Celia up Sunday morning at 9 for our run. She was in maroon tights and a Lululemon tight fitting top. She looked awesome, a very nice athletic body topped by those black curls, dark eyes and great smile. We chatted comfortably as we drove to the trailhead.

"I normally do the 5 mile loop, you OK with that."

She was, we stretched and took off. Whenever you are running with someone else for the first time you kind of have to find their rhythm, slightly speeding up or slowing down at first, we didn't have to. We were in sync immediately.

We chatted as we went and I found out she was a dental hygienist, she was from the Bay Area, her Dad had passed away, he had worked for the railroad and her mother worked in a hair salon owned by her mother's sister. Her Mom was of Italian heritage, Anna Maria Saltilli was her mother's maiden name.

That's where she got the curly dark hair. Talking the whole way we made the 5 mile loop and were back at the car by 10:30. It was so pleasant I could have run another 5 with her.

I suggested coffee and we went to a nearby cafe. I had learned from Mike and Megan on the way home last night there were no known boyfriends or significant others.

I did a mental checklist 1. No boyfriend. 2. Fun to be with and she seems to like me. 3. Great looking. I began to think my bad luck may have changed.

Unfortunately I knew I still had a lot to do at home. The tile on the fireplace was half done and the backer board for the shower was sitting in the garage.

"Celia, I'm having a great time with you, but I have to get going. I would like to see you next weekend, are you available?"

"Yes, I think so, how about we do something Saturday,"

We exchanged phone numbers and then headed home. I considered a kiss or a hug or something, I just felt so close to her, but decided I'm going to do this right and play it slow.

I was pretty happy as I got home and got to work. As the week started I debated the proper time to firm up the coming weekend.

I texted her Monday after work and asked if she wanted to hike to Rainbow Falls during the day and grab some dinner after. She text back enthusiastically and added heart emojis. Our first official date!

Tuesday was a busy day at Specialty Timbers, Ted was in Seattle working with a big potential client. One problem after another surfaced and I was the one that had to fix everything. A late shipment, an unhappy customer, and one of the custom milling machines went down while Smitty was working on the veneer machine.

I didn't get home until after 7, I was beat.

While I was defrosting a frozen pizza my phone buzzed indicating a text. What now, I thought. To my utter delight it was a checking in message from Celia. My mood immediately changed and we ended up texting back and forth for over an hour.

This all just felt so easy and natural, I know it has been less than a week but wow, I was excited about a woman for the first time in a long, long time.

Wednesday night I texted her and we had another nice back and forth session.

Thursday night she initiated it and we discussed some of the details of our Saturday plan. That night I called Mike, and caught him while he and Megan were out to dinner and he said he'd call back.

They called back on their way home, "hey what's shaking Romeo?" I heard Megan giggle,

"Just checking in with you guys, how was dinner?"

I was trying to get the conversation shifted towards Celia, but I didn't want to sound to eager in front of Megan,

"Oh bullshit you don't care about our dinner, but we do know you're seeing Celia this weekend. Your run date must have gone well,".

I told them running was good and that she seemed like a nice girl.

"You get her in the sack yet" Mike asked.

"Don't be an asshole, not every one thinks like you" Megan laughingly said.

We talked for a bit more joking and having a good time, and it was time to get off. " man, I have not heard you this excited about a woman since my sister,". I explained I liked her so far.

As we were hanging up I heard Megan say "just be careful Cam". Hmmm I wonder what she meant by that?

Friday after work and I had just finished my run, sitting on the back deck and having a beer. What a difference a week made. Last week at this point I was feeling down about myself, today I'm feeling very good.

About 8, I sent Celia a text, checking, a few details about our date tomorrow and just to see what she was up to. I checked my phone at 9:30, no reply, that was a little unusual. Oh well. I'll see her tomorrow.

I picked her up at 1 PM and we headed east into the mountains toward the trailhead. Something seemed a bit off, she was still nice, relatively affectionate, but without the usual energy.

When I asked how she was doing she said, "just a little tired, it's been a long week,". Before I could learn more about her long week, she started asking about the hike. No more explanation on the long week.

We enjoyed the hike and when the trail was wide enough we walked side by side and she held my hand. Just this small intimacy felt so good after all this time without.

The plan was to drop her at home so she could change and get cleaned up and swing back at 7 for dinner at Mazzeletto's downtown.

She looked great in tight jeans and a form fitting top. She gave me a big hug and kiss when I got there.

I almost thought if I pushed it, we could be in her bed fairly quickly. But, I remembered I was going to play this one differently. The restaurant was cozy, wonderful food and delicious wines.

We split a bottle of wine and each had a brandy as we enjoyed dessert.

Gumbo25
Gumbo25
1,175 Followers