All Comments on 'The Day it Snowed in 'Nam'

by Ginlover

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 3 years ago

Such a great story! Definitely hoping for more stories about Trigger and friends :)

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

A lovely story. Thanks for sharing your talent.

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

A wonderful story!

PickFictionPickFictionover 3 years ago
Great Job!

Terrific story and different than most here. Keep this going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

Fantastic story. But you got one thing wrong. The South Vietnamese regulars were called ARVN not ARVA.

visualwillvisualwillover 3 years ago

More, please!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An Excellent Christmas story

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

An inspiring Christmas story.

It seems I got something stuck in my eye while reading your story. Thanks for posting it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hadn't heard about the "snowflakes" in Vietnam, so I checked my logbook to see the date of my last flight out of Vietnam--October 2, 1969.

VetusNoctuaVetusNoctuaover 3 years ago

Yeah, you got ARVN wrong, but you got it enough right that this old grunt can complain about you dropping that round way too close to my hooch! I've been Mr Dry Eyes since 'Nam, but you sure messed that up this Christmas Eve. At least you gave me some happy tears along with the ones that hurt! 5* but only cause I can't give 10!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Been There Done That

17 visits to that beautiful country as an enlisted GATC Ground Air Traffic Comtroller. I still think of my time.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 3 years ago

Wonderful story, perfect Christmas reading!

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Excellent

Excellent Numba 1 Christmas story. 5 Stars plus! Semper Fi from this old Marine, RVN I Corp 01/67 to 08/68. Never did see a Bob Hope show, but they're on YouTube now.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Extraordinary

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

Freaking awesome! 5*

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

A very nice story!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Wonderful

I'm awestruck as it seems you must have lived it to write so evocatively. 5 stars.

More on the characters if you have them please.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 3 years ago
Excellent

That was a wonderful story, and worthy of more than the 5 stars I gave it.

GinloverGinloverover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to comment. The edited version with ARVN has now been posted. I can’t believe I let that mistake slip through, I’m sorry. This is a story that means a lot to me to get the details correct. I want to say a special thank you to the vets who have commented, your words are the most positive feedback I could ever have hoped for, I’m glad you enjoyed the story.

I’ll post more stories about the men in Vietnam over the coming months. Each will be a stand alone story but I have a large story arc involving the team and I’d like to share it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ginny

What a lovely story. And sorry they don’t allow more than five stars

Abidos

Sweetiepie101Sweetiepie101about 3 years ago
Fav

By far my favorite yet

JuniorPistachioJuniorPistachioabout 3 years ago
Love it!!!

The author left a kind comment to a little ditty I posted. Intrigued, I checked out her profile and found this terrific effort. Something about Christmas and military members really tug at the heartstrings.

This especially true when service men and women come home from deployment to an emotional reunion with their families. It means a lot to my spouse and me.

Thank you Ginlover. The kudos for this story are much deserved. 💖

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGinlover@Ginlover
“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.” Oscar Wilde. I am fasinated by human dynamics and interactions; how we change depending on the context and day. I’m not a Domme or a sub or a switch, I’m a nobody. A nobody wrapped up in a small woman with...