All Comments on 'The Dead World Ch. 12'

by SeraphNocturne

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeabout 1 year ago

I diligently scroll for each new chapter daily and when they appear, the experience is well worth the wait! My unsuspecting heart might not survive all the emotional bombs, but they have pills for everything nowadays. Love this so MUCH! Each new character is a treat, even the sullen Hunter and other worldly Viper have me twisting in my seat (a good thing). Forge ahead!!!

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@evebroughtanaxthistime

Wow, what epic feedback, I always love to hear my work is well received. With some luck I’ll be able to have upcoming chapters published a bit faster for you all, it’s just a matter of finding time and inspiration between far more light hearted writing endeavors I have—it can be a challenge to switch gears. But again, I’m thrilled you’re enjoying the series! :3 Thank you so much!

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

Another great chapter! My heart goes out to poor Charlie and things are indeed getting worse. I'm feeling really bad for Oz right now, too, but honestly, I've been worried for him every time he goes out with Skully and Slash. I'm always waiting for an 'accident' to happen.

Like eve, I check your series daily (sometimes several times) in the hopes of a new chapter. And when I know they are I wait until 12 AM to read them first thing! Keep up the great work!

I really liked that the other group doesn't normally kill on sight and this whole thing happened because of some newbies trying to prove themselves. Now there's no talking things out, though. I also like hearing about more female characters and it's definitely refreshing to see women joining a community and not being -only- sex slaves in zombie media. I've always thought the lack of women in dystopian novels is attributed more to men killing/hurting them than their inability to survive; which seems to be your idea, too.

Srg66Srg66about 1 year ago

Wow! Excellent as always.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Srg66 My thank you for your loyal following Srg, happy to not disappoint! :D

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DeductibleBabeMester

You know, the more I invest in this series the more I desired to break away from the classic archetypes that come with the apocalyptic/dystopian universe. So… yes to female characters who overcome adversary and are powerful forces to be reckoned with. There will certainly be female characters who’ve torn from “the norm” of what you’d expect to see, with Viper leading the pack so to speak. I’ll touch base on that in the coming chapters. Also, yes to men who aren’t entirely corrupt and hellbent on forcing subservience—Oz, Dog, Diablo and Ruthless as shining examples. And absolutely yes to not really knowing who to consider the villain, anymore (aside from Skully, who is 150% villain)!

I really wanted Dog and Charlie to make off for happy-ending-land but at the end of the day that’s just not how I roll with novels such as these. What’s a good story without challenges and conflict? I will say it’s easily one of the more fucked up first time stories, and yes, I am feeling very much guilty for putting them through it but it had to be done. 😅

I also figured giving a point of view from the “bad guys” would add a whole new level of realism… but you’re right when you say they’re well past the point of talking. Though, as I expand the cast, I’m getting closer to the point of having to decide who’s not going to make it to the next scene!

Thank you as always for being a loyal follower of my crazy lil’ world. I actually really enjoy getting to discuss the series with you as it progresses!

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

Ha! Good to know someone likes my rambling. I always imagine it might be a little overwhelming to some authors to get big blocks of text.

Because I was trying to avoid a big block of text before, I wanna point out in this comment that I find it interesting that Skully's coup has a very diplomatic edge. I fogure that's pragmatism but I don't see it going well long term. But, hey, that's what keeps me excited reading! You're always keeping us on our toes.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DBM

I’m all for literary prowess, and I absolutely adore your feedback, so don’t ever worry about putting me off. <3

At the end of the day Skully really isn’t doing anything he doesn’t believe is right… the world they live in, you get nothing for free and soft-hearted individuals tend to die young. He thinks Oz is going to get them all killed, so it’s only right for him to step in and get them back on track, and uphold the laws they’ve lived by for years now. That aside, he definitely has a personal vendetta against Charlie, and isn’t exactly in his right mind, either. I’ll touch on that and elaborate on what the virus does to the survivors in the upcoming chapters.

Honestly now that the Hunter group is involved though, it would take a miracle for thing to go well for them… there’s always a bigger fish, after all!

I’ll be starting on Chapter 13 today!

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

I recall the 2nd chapter mentioning the sickness causing hallucinations/fever dreams, so I am excited to learn more about it and how it affects the human body without someone changing. Villians who believe they're in the right are the -best- kinds of villains.

Good luck with your next chapter!

Roza3Roza3about 1 year ago

I read this series in about 24hrs and was so excited to see its being continued consistently. Since I think it's so well written and interesting. I totally understand the want to take such a story in a unique direction. Although I love a true enemies to lovers trope. Therefore I'd love to see Colton get back his humanity the more he invests with his "little dove" (what an a marvelous nickname). I do really enjoy Danny's character though. So much I read all the descriptions and when those didn't give me any information I read ahead to make sure he was still alive when slash went to retrieve them just in case something might've happened. Personally not a huge fan the the later chapters concerning slash and Charlotte but that's just personal preference. Really excited to see where this story leads; many theories: will Dog and Charlotte, Charlotte and Colton get together, or something else? Maybe Matt was captured and taken to the city and couldn't escape- hopefully not the case? Either way would love to see skully and Charlie's character development together! Great story, keep writing!

Roza3Roza3about 1 year ago

@DeductibleBabeMester girl same about Oz I'm always so worried I hope nothing actually happens to him. Especially not by Skully because if it does, I'll find him truly unredeemable and he's the one I want the most character development from. Honestly wanted oz and Charlie at first but then I learned how old oz is and more of a father figure so he's like an Atticus finch to me; you love him because he's so wise and kind but maybe not hot enough to get railed by (insert crying emoji).

Roza3Roza3about 1 year ago

I just feel like after all the things Colton has seen and gone through without someone to truly care about he's losing his humanity like he's seen happen all around him the last couple years but if he had someone he could love and care for like Charlotte maybe she could bring his humanity back because if he was truly irredeemable then he probably would've of killed his brother by now and he wouldn't care so much for the safety of the group. But skully seems to latch on to whatever humanity presents itself to him- his group and now Charlie.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Roza3

…Wow! Absolutely flattered you’ve found the series so entertaining you binged it! ❤️ Truly, your viewership is so appreciated, and I love your feedback… that said, I’m literally over here biting my tongue because I don’t want to spoil anything for you guys. 🤣 But let’s just say you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the coming chapters…

…don’t get too attached to anyone. I’d love to keep them all, but it’s just too unrealistic, especially with mounting threats. I’ll probably cry over it, but it’s a necessary evil. And honestly the current antagonists aren’t ANYTHING compared to what’s coming.

As far as the group goes, I really don’t think I have an honest favored pairing anymore. I can’t deny feeling a little guilty for putting Charlotte through it all but in the end, it’s all going to push for incredible character development.

I think you’re spot on regarding Oz. Both he and Ruthless are nearly old enough to be Charlie’s father… and with his personality he wouldn’t ever put her in an abusive position. The younger fellows, on the other hand, well… it’s honestly not their fault, the virus and living through it has indeed played a heavy hand in their mental states. But you should certainly expect to see character progression… and I will tease that Colt (and honestly, Slash as well) isn’t entirely a lost cause. 😁

Roza3Roza3about 1 year ago

@Seraph

I'm so happy you're so amazing about all the feedback! I know you said you enjoy it, but I never comment on stories, but I just couldn't help myself with this one. I know someone's going to die but I'm still going to dread and convince myself it won't till it actually happens- and even then. I feel like it'll be similar to got where Ned played his part. Showed what an honorable man he was even if he'll die for it because that's just the kind of man he wanted to be, same with Oz. They'd rather die honorable and play their parts in life and accept the responsibility because that's just what they're supposed to do. Rather than seize power or do something not honorable just to survive, because they realize that's not a life worth living. That or I'm completely wrong and it'll be Dog because what could be more cruel lol. A boy tortured and abused finally finds something worth living for just to be tortured and abused in even worse ways just to never find true happiness and peace in life. Or maybe- and hopefully- you don't feel like crushing my soul and it'll be something else...Either way looking forward to anything that will happen, even if it's going to break my heart and will- in the best way though 😘 or maybe I shouldn't send this to give you any ideas...then again I'm sure you've already thought of everything

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Roza3

You’re comparing me to the greats here, and I literally cannot even—I’m no George Martin or Harper Lee, by far, so I am very much humbled by your feedback, and so appreciative. This entire concept began as a roleplaying idea I never saw reach fulfillment with a co-writer, for it to grow and expand the way it has and find such positive reception has been a little ray of sunshine at a very difficult point in my life. So again, thank you so very much.

I won’t go on because I will absolutely spoil something for you, but I will say this—you got some fantastic thoughts on where things are headed from here. And if I’m really doing a good job as an author, there will definitely be tears, and cheers. My only real difficulties are going to have to be toning things down as to adhere to Literotica NC/R guidelines.

Chapter 13 goes live tomorrow! I’ve taken on another project (against my better judgement because I have so many as is), so Chapter 14 might take me a bit longer to put out but I’m still hoping to keep my weekly update goal, but I promise it will be very much worth the wait.

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Roza3

Oh man, Dog dying would be about the most fucked up option outside of Charlie (who's the main character so we know she's safe from that, at least). My bet is on Oz dying, maybe Ruthless, because both of them are most likely to stand in the way of messed up things happening to Charlie, or so Skully thinks. And perception is stronger than reality.

Everything inside of me is dying. I'm vibrating waiting for the new chapter. It always drops at 11 or 12 my time, so I have to wait for.... a long time.

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

Firstly, on phone, like usual, so forgive any weird typos.

It's nice to see other people sometimes base their stories on unfinished rp.

That's honestly it. It's so cool that the story was an rp concept. Although, if you were able to potentially rp 6-7 chars at the same time I'd applaud you. I don't find it hard to write scenes with multiple characters, but I've always found it hard to rp scenes with multiple of my characters.

I'm curious if your next story is going to have supernatural elements to it, too? I noticed mention of healed bite marks on Viper, which means either the story is going in a slightly more supernatural (or sci-fi) direction, oooor she lied to push herself up the social ladder. Both of these options are equally exciting.

Roza3Roza3about 1 year ago

@DBM

I totally agree, I just cannot imagine Danny dying, especially not rn but what a twist it would be, a twisted twist. I'm glad I read GOT as a kid because I don't think I'll be able to get through the next chapter without of going through that emotional roller-coaster first. I really hope it isn't Dog though. I'd have to completely agree with you about Oz and Ruthless sadly 😭 but same, can't wait

Roza3Roza3about 1 year ago

@seraph

I mean Haper Lee and GRRM both told a story, same as you're doing here. And what I mean by told a story is they created a universe, a world in which their character's could take life and they just described what was happening not just write a story with plot points. The characters do the things they do for a reason, just because someone writing them told them to but because that's what a non fictitious person would do. They're personalities and past experiences explain why they do the things they do. They don't just do thing to do things because someone wrote that they were doing those things- if that makes sense. At least that's how I see it. Even as good of a writer as GRRM is, I think there's some things that you do even better. It's hard to explain but I'm incredibly invested in your writing, even more than I am when I reread got. So I'm glad I could be a silver lining for this dark cast over your life rn. Sorry for the long reply again but I wish you all the best in your endeavors❣️

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DBM

Why thank you darlin’. The most characters I’ve active placed into a single thread were three! My roleplay replies were basically novellas in said instances. -laughs!- I… honestly have quite a few story concepts in need of penning, of similar make—roleplay ideas that never played out the way I hope but the base story concept is just too good to let go of. If I ever find time between roleplays I have on my other writing site and this series I’ll start cracking on those as well—most in a similar genre, Erotic Horror, Supernatural, Modern Psychological Thriller, and Fantasy/Science Fiction.

That said, I do receive notices that you guys post comments on the stories, which I think is great—the behind the scenes discussion at the end of the chapter has quickly become my favorite part of publishing.

@Roza3

Here I was foolishly looking for your comment on the new chapter, I thought I was going crazy! No need to apologize for the feedback… I’ve really come to enjoy the little behind the scenes chapter discussions, hearing about you guys’d favorites and your running theories on chapters to come! I love engaging with my readers and I’m thrilled to have such a dedicated and interactive following.

You and the other delightful readers/followers of this series have certainly renewed hope that my little hobby might someday land me on the Ny Bestsellers list. I can’t thank you enough for such positive feedback. 🖤

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthorabout 1 year ago

Okay, there's been a lot of talk about shipping pairs in this series, so let's get things straight:

Dog+Charlie = 9/10. The best out of the bunch.❤️

Oz+Charlie 6.5/10 Yeah, he's older, but she's a lot older than Dog, and that's not a problem

Ruthless+Charlie= ?/10.

Diablo+Charlie=?/10. Both of these have shared so little chemistry that it's hard to put a number on it. Probably 4+? Idk

Slash+Charlie=2.5/10. Their sex scene was SUPER well written, but Slash is a terrible guy, even if he's not as bad as...

Skully+Charlie= -500/10. (That's a negative 500, btw) He needs to die. Yes, I'm all for redemption, and I agree that in real life, everyone deserves a chance at reception (even if it's just while on death row)... But while he may deserve reception, he does NOT deserve Charlie!

.

WAIT, WHAT'S THIS?!

A NEW CHALLENGER?

Matthew? And he's alive?!

Matt+Charlie=1,000,000/10

.

But honestly, I'll accept anyone except Skully. I'D SHIP A RANDOM ZOMBIE OVER SKULLY! 😂

Anyway, 5 stars as always.

Djmac1031Djmac103110 months ago

Dark, brutal but excellent storytelling.

I hope Skully winds up in Vipers pit, whatever that is.

majapromajapro4 months ago

What where you trying to say at this sentice, page 2;

"Troubleshooting the ancient military transport was no easy feat. He could only hope that the"

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne4 months agoAuthor

@majapro - Ohhh wow! You know, I’ve heard that sometimes stories end up with unexpected typos or things like that when they go to publish, but I’ve never seen it happen! In this case, it appears this sentence got cut off. I double checked my draft because I was like “There’s NO WAY I missed that in my proof read, as well as my beta reader AND my editor!” Here’s the missing sentence:

.

Troubleshooting the ancient military transport was no easy feat. He could only hope that they could manage without it.

.

I’ll get an edit in to hopefully remedy that. I thought maybe my ADHD got the better of me and I had an incomplete thought hahahaha!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSeraphNocturne@SeraphNocturne
The Dead World is being published to Literotica.com for READING PURPOSES ONLY and is SOLD EXCLUSIVELY on Smashwords. You should not find this novel series anywhere else online. I only publish under the penname Seraph Nocturne. Every chapter has a disclaimer referring to Litero...