All Comments on 'The Dead World Ch. 13'

by SeraphNocturne

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeabout 1 year ago

Oh man, at this moment the only people seemingly calm enough to guide this group, have also been the ones keeping their tongues to themselves. I'm rooting for the ex-calf-candidate russian, as Pooch - despite his excellent people-watching skills - like all canines, suffers from a language barrier. For now Skully will do just fine. Maybe he can get Qz to be nice to Charlie, before the man tries to marry himself.

The sex was hot.

This might sound shitty, but hopefully Charlie isn't the long awaited cure for Zombie infection. Those dead people won't appreciate coming back to their bodies at this particular level of decomposition. If one of the group was to be bitten, well...maybe!

Thank you for this speedy update!

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

Like always, loved it! My comment on the last chapter didn't go through yet and I don't think Literotica gives alerts for comments, but I just wanted to say that I thought it was cool that someone else writes stories based on old/unfinished rp.

Onto this chapter. I now have a working theory that women are more likely to create some antivirus against the infection that leads to increased healing and potentially other physical altercations. Between Viper's healed bite wounds and Charlue's quick healing, something weird is goin' down and it considering it's happening to the only two named women...

I was surprised when Oz won the fight! That whole scene was great. It subverted expectations and still led to Skully's outcome. It showed how cunning he can be.

I see you toeing those R/NC lines and I love it. I still think you're doing a good job at showing someone can have a purely physical reaction of pleasure without mentally wanting something. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, a lot of people like that type of NC anyway.

And lastly, you know a lot about internal female anatomy and that makes all the scenes so much better. There are still erotic elements of fantasy, of course, but it's really cool to see someone take into account how the body actually works. Speaking of, both poor and lucky Charlie! She wanted a baby and lost one, but at least she doesn't have to worry about pregnancy during the end of the world.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@eve

Thank you again Eve! You know, writing a mute character has been a most rewarding challenge for me… I think Dog would make an excellent leader though, hilariously enough, I don’t think he would talk much even if he had the ability to.

Ahhhh you guys are so sharp, and really, no one has been far off from my vision of this series as it progresses! No spoilers from me. 🫢 It’s safe to say that, in the event a “cure” would arise, it wouldn’t be effective on reanimates. While I’m aiming for unique and creative heights and add-ons to the age-old “zombie apocalypse” setting, I don’t want it to come off as overbearing, tasteless or grossly unrealistic… if that makes sense?

As for the smut in this scene, it’s by far been one of my favorites to pen—so damn hot I had to stop writing several times because my brain couldn’t handle it. 🤣

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DBM

The idea itself over all is mine originally, and in its early stages, it shared a similar premise with me writing as Charlie, and my collaborator meant to split the accompanying male group characters. That’s where the brothers originated as well, but my collaborators couldn’t ever quite hit the feel I was looking for, so I abandoned the idea as a roleplay and held onto it to work as a solo project. It’s far exceeded my expectations.

Again… YOU ALL ARE SO SHARP. I’m going to really have to get creative and throw a few curveballs here, I’m getting predictable! -laughs!- But yes, you’re very right, I’m adding a few tasteful accents with how the virus effects survivors that are going to nudge the series into a more supernatural/science fiction path without being over the top. Just enough to be interesting… just enough to make this the greatest apocalypse series that’s ever been written—oh, I kid, but really, I want it to be literature in its own existence and not just another cliche zombie story.

When it comes to writing sex, I really embrace the erotica aspect. I want it to be arousing and still somehow tasteful, and passionate, and above all—accurate: I’m not trying to write porno, and there is a serious difference, so I take into account all the typical things one should regarding anatomy and realistic reaction.

Touching on Charlie’s infertility, oh, so very lucky for her… but yes, the loss of a child is something unspeakably hard to live with and through, and my heart pines for her. Even still, a pregnancy or baby through an apocalypse is a brutality I’m sure unlike any other. Also touching base very loosely on that the topic of apocalyptic childbearing… the series was sooo very close to being named “The Extinction Protocol”. If I do decide to try and go mainstream and publish this series in novel form, that will probably be its working title.

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

Well, I'm glad you kept the idea, honestly because I love the story. The sex is hot, though I don't say that (I get distracted by other character elements). As for us seeing twists, don't even worry about it! I can predict where I think things are going, but you always -get- there in such an interesting and unexpected way, which is really what makes a twist so fun for me. Like, I didn't expect Oz to win that fight, but the fact that he did feels very important. That and Skully's assistance that he and Oz are the same speaks volumes about his mindset and a potential insecurity/sore point.

You've already subverted a lot of zombie tropes by just making likable characters with complex motivations who have the ability to grow, honestly. I watch and read a lot of zombie media, so I've seen just about everything and I still very much feel your story stands on its own and I am no less excited to see where you take things. And I trust you enough as an author to believe I won't get a cheap ending, so that makes me even more excited.

“The Extinction Protocol” isn't a bad name! I'm so used to it being called "The Dead World" that it feels strange to think of it as anything else. Also, I'd absolutely buy this as a book. Especially considering you'd be able to show a truer vision of your dark themes--pending what publishing company you work with.

Srg66Srg66about 1 year ago

Again a fantastic story. Very well written. You are one of my favourite authors on here. I look forward to your next work.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Srg66

As always Srg, thank you, and thank you for being a dedicated reader!

@DBM

While smut is fantastic, it definitely isn’t the entire focus of this series, but I’m sure you’re very aware since it took nearly ten chapters for it to even reach the erotica point. I try not to just push it in just anywhere without purpose—I’m happy to have readers like you who enjoy the effort I put into the cast, because over all, it’s a story of this group and their efforts to survive.

When I plotted this chapter, I did not script the fight thoroughly, but ultimately it made perfect sense to me for Oz to win the fight while losing Group Lead. He’s seventeen years older than Skully, he has more experience and even when angered, he’s far more level headed… the epic factor of the fight—the point Oz was prepared to kill his brother to uphold morality—was designed to be very thought provoking. The entire dynamic of the group has shifted in that one deciding moment and is very much a testament to how cunning the younger can be, pushing just far enough to get what he wants while ultimately not yet pushing too far.

I have noticed the more serious I become with the series that there are numerous books of similar genre and name—nothing mainstream or even remotely similar to this story, that I’ve noticed—but that plays a small factor in the potential name swap. I’m presently eyeing Patreon, or possibly Smashwords to expand with creative freedom. The series here on Literotica would essentially become a “lighter first draft” if I do go through with it. 😅

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

Oh, man. Definitely post an update if you do Smashwords or Patreon for a darker version of the story, I'd read that! I'm almost afraid to see a darker version of the story because Charlie already has a shit hand.

Do keep in mind Patreon also has rules on NC, though I have no idea how they are with written material. And, honestly, they're sort of loose with the rules.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just had a thought? If Charlie is healing quickly from her wounds etc. Could that mean that her body is actually capable of having children, having healed itself. She just doesn't know it yet?

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DBM

I’ll be certain to link in my Literotica profile, and inform you guys, if I do convert this series to novel form and extend its content. I probably won’t alter too much with what’s already written, because frankly, I have enjoyed the challenge keeping it on the lighter end of NC/R and I have gone to the edge, I mean really to the edge here. Still, looking at my plots going forward I am having a challenging time trying to see how some of these scenes will fit without me having to fade to black.

I want to push Charlie, but not break her spirit entirely… so I’ll say I won’t ever write much worse than what I’ve done already. My boys have been dreadfully accurate saying there are real fucking monsters in the dead world, and she’s going to find that out first hand.

@Anonymous

Ohhhh, well there’s a thought! Hm, I guess you’ll just have to wait and see! 🤭

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

Do you mind if I ask what your writing process looks like? How do you get over your writer's block?

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DBM

Not at all, happy to shed a bit of insight.

When it comes to solo work, careful planning helps me flow best. I pen out all the details and directions I'm hoping the chapter to go enough to help me maintain focus and stay on track. I can always add or take away but over all knowing where I'm going from point A to B is crucial. I've tried just winging it when writing, but hitting snags or stalls can be devastating for someone who has a short attention span like myself.

Over all, I don't get over my writers block. I can really only wait for it to pass. It may take a few days, it might be weeks. I have gone years without writing. When my muse is stumped I do try a few other things to hopefully inspire it to refresh, focusing on other hobbies (acrylic painting, walking trails, playing an instrument). Music is probably my greatest benefactor when it comes to retrieving a mood or feel for a character or story. What is least helpful to me is trying to force it. When writing becomes a chore, it's no longer fun, and it reflects in my work very clearly.

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@Seraph

Thank you for taking the time to answer! After I learned how to plan better, I'd say I also have an easier time not getting writer's block. One of the best tricks I learned was to write TK at a scene I was struggling with and just moving on to the next scene, then coming back to the scene I held off on. That way I could stay in the groove when i hit a snag.

Last thing before I let you get back to work. Thank you so much for the open communication on your profile updates!

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@DBM

That’s a great tactic, pausing on a spot you’re feeling isn’t flowing and resuming it later on. I use that often if I’m feeling a bit stumped!

It’s always a pleasure to vibe with you, happy to offer some insight. And I do my best to keep you guys up to date especially now that I know several of you are checking regularly to see the next installment. I’ve been working on setting up Patreon and Smashwords diligently. I think I’m likely to move forward with Smashwords because they literally have no bars or gatekeeping when it comes to creative freedom.

I’m making good progress with Chapter 14 in between my other writing project, which is a collaboration with a fellow author for a Geek Pride event going on Lit. I’m on track for a Friday or Saturday release for anyone hoping for an update.

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthorabout 1 year ago

I just the time to finish this story, and it's marvelous as always.

Oh I pity Charlie so much. My heart bleeds for her and I so desperately want her to be happy.

.

Right now, I am FURIOUS with Diablo! Why the FUCK did he side with Skully? I know he isn't privy to all of Skully's misdeeds, but he must have seen that Skully drew his weapon FIRST! HE'S THE CRAZY ONE! And Dog needs to stand up for himself and Charlie! I know he's basically just a boy, but damnit! He only made things worse for everyone by letting Skully gain power

.

Ugh. The fact that I'm so passionate about this story is obviously a sign that the story is "working" on me. 😆

.

I gave the story 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, but Skully doesn't get any of those stars... The bastard. 😡

.

And Slash, you're on thin fuckin ice too, you prick. 😆 (I don't even CARE how hot your sex scenes are).

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturneabout 1 year agoAuthor

@MediocreAuthor

I’ve said before, this story delves to such dark places at times it does seem a wonder that it can be found entertaining. That said…

There’s a lot of chaos in the shifting power dynamics surrounding this group right now. Diablo is a far more passive individual compared to his comrades, as shown by him choosing to stand on the sidelines rather than storm an overrun safezone for supplies. He also takes into account logic and accounting, two very definitive factors when the group makes decisions, especially involving misconduct. When faced with the harrowing experience of seeing the two leaders of his group facing off and very nearly killing one another, he’s fallen into the self preservation state of mind. He knows it’s wrong. He doesn’t agree with it. But standing against a man who is clearly not in his right mind would be putting a big fucking target on his back, and I don’t doubt for a second Diablo believes if Skully were to bring a fight to him, he would lose. How much he’d lose is something he’s not willing to gamble with especially when the more saintly of the two very nearly ran his sword through his brother’s throat.

As for Dog, well, he’s essentially not only tied to the fucking psychopath with a life debt but he knows going against Skully could put Charlie into immediate danger. He’d done it several times now and it’s only ended in increasingly dangerous situations for them both. He doesn’t give two fucks about himself but after the prior Chapter, he’s effectively been forced into a demure state of mind, essentially submission, and very likely still reeling from the psychological trauma of the whole event.

LanaNLanaNabout 1 year ago

@MediocreAuthor

I feel like Dog and Charlie have been thoroughly cowed. I can get why neither would want to do anything against Skully, considering their punishments.

- (this is a great idea btw)

As for Diablo, I read him as the most submissive member of the group. He does seem to like conflict and is equally afraid of Skully.

-

I actually dunno if you're supposed to reply to other people on here but I love talking about stories, so here I am.

majapromajapro4 months ago

"she had lost the ability to carry a child, robbed of her along with the single precious soul she had the privilege of carrying for nine months", why does that make me sad...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSeraphNocturne@SeraphNocturne
The Dead World is being published to Literotica.com for READING PURPOSES ONLY and is SOLD EXCLUSIVELY on Smashwords. You should not find this novel series anywhere else online. I only publish under the penname Seraph Nocturne. Every chapter has a disclaimer referring to Litero...