All Comments on 'The Dentist'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 184 Comments
dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 months ago

interesting, sad, and gives me a lot to think about

RacerdanRacerdan4 months ago

So the family is left poor, the dentist gets to live with no repercussions except for physical hang ups to do this again to as many females as he can bed, you really need a better ending, it seems like you just got tired at the end to write a better ending

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

As too few of the reviewers have pointed out basically every legal related part of this story is wrong. It reads like a how to screw your self over. Like the MC saying he knew it was bad to move out but he did it anyhow. Every competent lawyer will tell you not to do that because you are giving up the option of being the custodial parent and make the house the other persons residence. If you have visitation and the other party does show you call child services. Judges get very unhappy when that happens. And if it happens a 2nd and 3rd time, oh boy... Do I really need to go on?

The author has some great stories and really is one of the better authors on this site. But this story is a dud.

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

Him taking her back pushed it into twilight zone, always well written but the MC taking her back after what she done made it absurd ⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"I suppose things would have stayed that way. Eugenie's mom finally passed, and as it turned out she owed more than her estate could cover so we had to find a way to pay some of that off. I think we could have gotten out of it, but we weren't that kind of people." - The "people"--of any kind--don't owe the money. The estate of Eugenie's mom does. Paying beyond that obligation is stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The judge and the dentist should be living in Boot Hill

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Sad but true that in today's society people with money enough to hire ruthless lawyers can get away with almost anything.

When Eugenie told him about the dentist taking pills and using drugs I was hoping they would find a way to use that in order to at the very least lose his license if not actually get him sent to jail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Slit my wrists now..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We hated the whole storyline, the constant and depressing mental anguish, the emotional toil on all parties, and the so very sad and pathetic life that was thrust upon the innocent girls.

We are sure that you were trying to make a point - for someone’s reading enjoyment and pleasure - or to prove some point to yourself - but why use your creative ability to write such hurtful trash that is so demeaning and humiliating?

This story almost made us sick and we were and still are disgusted with your efforts on this one!

Hopefully you got this crap out of your Loving Wives system and have moved on to something, anything, that just might be a bit more loving and romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He married a coalburner, what did he expect the outcome to be?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good job of traipsing thru the fact that mentally we are nothing more than a house of cards. We can implode on ourselves at any moment. Good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

thought be a godd story and it ended up sucking.. hallmark endings are for the weak.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[14.09.22]

Excellent story showing the reality of married life with kids and the results of depression related infidelity.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let's see... Wife is lying, cheating, vile whore. The dentist is a sadistic, cheating, bastard who goes on with his money, his practice, and his life. The husband is a witless, spineless, cuck.

Wow, what a wonderful story. One star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overall a good story. A lot of realism in it with the problems people face especially when kids are involved and money is tight.

The only criticism I have is that there is excessive time/words spent analyzing all the feelings the MC has. It is often repetitive and breaks up the flow. Certainly emotions are good but not too much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Usual real life story. Problems come along, get compounded and people lose the plot. Then it all falls down around them. Eugenie did that when she took her eye off the family problems and got herself involved with fat head. There is also the problem with the legal system. It is not fair. People who do wrong get away with it and those that are in the right get wronged all because of having money or not. You are under other in court but you can still lie and get away with it. The fact is its so wrong but no one wants to change it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don’t get these keyboard warrior types; someone spends their time writing stories to entertain us and some dickhead calls it a piece of shit.Well I like your stories which are always well written, entertaining and show real talent.Great story very depressing and true to life.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Painfully realistic story. Not a happy ending. I think his real enemy is her mental illness (depression) and he won't win.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Five stars for the best ending possible, the MC hanging in there pretty darn well. No magical deliverance from difficulties, but doing it for the future of the children. They are his heritage. Good story. And he got to beat up the baddie! Consequences!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Had she told me the things she said, after I beat her husband, she'd get it too. She's a whore. He should have taken the kids and left those sorry assholes there. Hopefully, they'd die

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

Brilliant story, and I think that the Dentist got the worst end of the deal. As my mother used to tell me when I was working all hours for my family “remember that shrouds don’t have pockets”. At least the MC had his family, the Dentist had nobody but a shed load of cash. You can’t cuddle up to money at night. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Eugenie's mom finally passed, and as it turned out she owed more than her estate could cover so we had to find a way to pay some of that off. "

No you don't! The mother-in-law incurred the debt. According to the law its not their legal responsibility. You do not ever assume debt that's not yours. Once you do then you're legally on the hook for it. Anything the estate cannot over when liquidated then the business write off as a loss. That's the law and that's business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Piece of shite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well thought out and we’ll written story, but very very sad and demoralizing.

Even though the ending offered a glimmer of hope and love, the story was depressing.

I kept hoping the next sentence, the next paragraph, would spread more sunshine onto the pain and suffering????

SW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved the story. The ending may not be happy but it's uplifting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very morbid downer. Can’t believe I read the whole damn thing. Hoped he might find a spine I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The only people that have any redeeming value and deserving of empathy in this story are the children... the husband and wife are absolutely abhorrent and deserve all the pain they inflicted upon themselves... the sadness of it all is the children get to inherit all that pain and dysfunction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story and reality have nothing in common.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

This is the first story I have issues with he author on. First, there's no way in hell that a husband could do what the dentist did to Eugenie, with witnesses, and get away with it. Not even back in 2014 when you wrote this piece. I'm calling you on it because there may be some "sick" reader out there that would get the impression they could get away with some of what the dentist did in real life. Likewise, Chase would not have been charged given the sequence of events you played out for us. I get it's fiction, but it needs to stay believable. The second is a little "reverse" scoring on my part. I'm reading your stories in alphabetical order so I read "Jessie's" story first. This story is clearly almost identical in its core, so I'm a little put off about repeating a theme, especially from a good author like you. [For anyone who happens across this comment, be sure to read Carvohi's tale about Jessie. It's long but phenomenally told tale of love and mental illness.] Enough venting - 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

LoL

You made this moron marry a coal-burner .

Then , when coal-burner shows her expected standard values(cheating and divorce)...

You made the moron take her back .

Un

Frigging

Real

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
carvohi...

readyung your sad stories..i really wonder what it must have been for you growing up...in a house where u were concieved by a mother who did not know who impregnated her... thats sad not knowing who ur dad was...no father gigure to show you how to be a man..and it shows with your wimp spineless MCs in all stories...

on top of this being brought up in a house where the mom sluts around every night as a young kid watching her with different men you start bekiveing its ok for women to do that...that too reflects in your writings..

i feel for you Carvohi....i pray to god that one day u meet a woman who treats u like a man...who shows u where you balls and penis is located on your body and what to do with it other then pissing....

...and who teaches u that wearing panties is not normal for a guy,

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

This is just sad. No silver lining indeed. Feel bad for the kids.

Eugenie's explanation just confirms the shallowness of her decision, making reconciliation seem even less likely.

Sounds judgy, but somehow I doubt this is the last stupid choice she'll make in her life.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

No way I would ever let her come back. I would have let her leave the girls and keep the house!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gilchrist got his one night.

I believed I had not done enough to this bastard after all he had stolen my kids future when he got the college funds so I really wanted to make him hurt.

I saw him leave a night club one night and I followed him, I had followed hime for several weeks and knew his routine. Any way I followed him to his car and then I hit him. I kept hitting him till he went down. Then I used the hammer, I had on me, to smash his hands to pieces. He would never be a dental surgeon again as far as I was concerned.

The arsehole lawyer also got his comeuppance as well. I caught that arsehole one night as he left his exclusive club and beat him severely. In fact I destroyed him. Left him a gibbering wreck of a human being . Teach that arsehole to defend the indefensible.

jsch1947jsch1947over 3 years ago

Let's really examine this scenario...

She's a slut. She's dating (and fucking regularly) two brothers.

Somehow, while still "dating" them, she suspends fucking both of them (and they don't drop her like a bad habit). During that haitus, she gets knocked up by our hero.

The story progresses and her love of all things chocolate never reasserts itself.

The hero is unrealistic and so is she

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Revolting

Tale of a man with no common sense or self preservation.

FBG

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Balanced

Liked this story, though the dentist was painted as entirely evil.

Otherwise, a reasonably plausible balanced story with a decent male protagonist, neither a wimp nor a Rambo Neanderthal

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Good story

Not necessarily a nice story but well done. As a reader I can envision my own ending and I would at least like Chase and the kids to come out okay. The jerks just don't deserve a win in cases like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I QUIT READING CARVOHI YEARS AGO

Unfortunately, I forgot why and tried again.

Sometimes, stories parade as GRITTY REALISM.

Still not what I want to read.

I go to Literotica for entertainment and enjoyment.

The comments of Anonymous 8-23-19 and Anonymous 8-27-19 reveal that this story is not even REALISM. That just leaves GRITTY.

I read this story before Eugenie's Story, since this is the prequel.

Now? Skip Eugenie's Story.

Paul in Oklahoma

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Tough

Tough, complicated story. He's a better man than I am though. I would have taken the kids and left her there. Good story.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
To Sum Up

He's a rather innocuous guy who has a good but not overly impressive job. She is a white collar professional. They get married and have children, all girls. She becomes abusive, neglectful of the children, cheats on him, turns into a harridan, treats him abominably and throws her affair in his face. She literally takes him for everything she can.

He feels sorry for her, expresses no anger, attempts no retribution, determines that her actions are due to emotional or mental damage, comes to her rescue and they eventually reconcile.

Is this just the Carvohi blue print?

It's remarkable how his protagonists are able to procreate without testosterone. I'm relatively confident that if the mother had chopped the children up, cooked them in a stew and fed them to him, Carvohi would still find a way for them the reconcile by the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story spoilt

There's a problem with the dentist and the retribution against our hero.The law bit was pointless,wrong and ridiculous.it made the story silly and wasn't needed

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely wrong...

at that level of beating the evidence of abuse is overwhelming. The "resolution" with the dentist is absurd and ruins the story. As a lawyer with some involvement in "family law", the events relating to the dentist would not happen. Carvohi could have gotten that right and still had the essentials of the character development he wanted.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
He knew a lot of cops made life miserable for dentist

Yes I realize laws are only an inconvenience for rich but

Realistically if his friend state cop etc write up report they can nail the den

But you are correct without a lot of people behind you the money prevails

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Second read

Didn't like it any better. Probably shouldn't have voted the first time.

What was this? Some kind of catharsis for you? Guess I'll see read the sequel now.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
good story but...

A lot of things don't ring true. The dentist's beating of her would have come much more into play and altered the end so, in fact, the last half of the story was bogus. I'd love to see this as a rewrite with a more realistic conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stupid

Eugenie is a slut. They don’t change. Chase is an idiot. That never changed either. Why would he fall for a woman who liked being pounded by black cock, just to save her reputation? What reputation could a snow bunny have? He destroyed his own life and she accelerated it. Too bad they had kids. The dentist? Surprised he wasn’t black, she would love that I bet...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

**Eugenie's mom finally passed, and as it turned out she owed more than her estate could cover so we had to find a way to pay some of that off.**

Nope, you can not be made to pay anothers debts once they die, also want her family rich at the start of the story? What happened to all their money?

**I believed stronger marriages than ours had collapsed under the weight of lesser misfortunes.**

Your marriage did collapse dumb ass, no sympathy for anyone but the kids - I'd have taken the deal for taking custody

The bitch trashed her childrens toys, I'd never take her back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Waste of time....

Tbe stupidity hurts.

Rich dentist wins everything. How about the assualt on the wife. Or three kids testifying? But no that would make sense and mess up your poor Job storyline.

Nope. Just stupid.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
Well you see there are these things called "Eye Witnesses"

Believe me they are no joke. You got the best lawyer in the country? Cool, but you get yourself one of them eye witnesses and that dentist doesn't stand a chance. He had 3 of them... yet he used none? What?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story by a great writer

covfefe writes consistently well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
discombobulated or something

You described Chase as the salt of the earth who over the years as a teacher had made hundreds of friends, earned everyone's respect, and was owed all these favors, including ones from law enforcement personnel.

Then you create the character of a viscious wife beater.

In real world, even these days of criminal's rights exceeding victims, the predator would have been arrested after stay in hospital, and while in jail justice would have been delivered.

Had to repeatedly check byline thought this was one of matt moreau's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I wonder,,,,

How many times things like this have happened in real life? Where a rich man comes in, bullshits his way into panties, things go south, he walks away thanks to his money and the old family gets shafted?

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
Pretty terrible, you tried to go for realistic, but it was anything but

In no place in the USA would that Dentist get away with beating her and taking everything from her. First of all everything is always favored towards the women. Second he beat the crap out of her. It literally would not matter what the reason was, he would be in loads of trouble. Third would be that there would be no way the MC would get breaking and entering considering all the witnesses he would have, his daughter called him, his ex-wife was getting beaten up.

In a way i'm glad you did make up all that unrealistic stuff because instead of the story being depressing it just became dumb. You should probably read up on divorce laws and stop watching movies where the big bad husband with his powerful attorneys get away with everything. Sure they could make things hard for the family, but no way could he get everything considered how many times he beat her and in front of witnesses. This was a lifetime movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

1 Star. Grown men with a backbone don’t take kindly to an asshole like the “Dentist” in this story destroying their family. I can’t help but believe that were this a true story, the dentist would have eventually suffered a fate much worse than the little beat down he got in his own kitchen. Yeah, I know, the law, the law. But.....

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 7 years ago
Long After the Fact

For what it's worth, you are a great writer, this was a fine story and these commenters are cretins.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

The story wasn't bad, but the utter devastation and retribution on the main characters was over-the-top and laughable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
disgusting 1*

this should be in interracial . nobody likes to read about tramps who sleep w/blacks.

this idiot cuckold -chase , deserves everything he gets . hope he gets aids .

he intentionally married a whore who exclusively fucked interracially .

hope she gave him aids .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Authors Rut continues 3*

Cheating wives are always short (5'2) with brown hair and looking to trade up.

Husband is always obtuse until too late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You should stay in romance

Writing loving wives is not your talent. You don't have what it takes. Horrible. Just disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You are...

Nothing but a poor little whimp, cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
funny

She was too Catholic to get an abortion, but not enough to not be town slut

If she hadn't been running around getting fucked all afternoon she would not have been so tired to take care of kids.

If my husband, twice, went through painful bone marrow transplants to save my daughter-the reason we got married-I could not cast him aside for any reason

Hallmark ending???YOU BET

HUSBAND BECOMES LOVE INTEREST OF HOT CURVY YOUNG REDHEAD WHOSE DADDY OWNS HALF OF TEXAS AND EUGENIE LIVES IN CRACK HOUSE WITH MOHAMEDD

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Karen E

Your comment is both ignorant and uninformed. I have been through the legal system and that type of restrictions do happen. My ex wife used every coniving ruthkess way to deny me access to my children so she could start a new life with her new man. The stupid bitch did not realise her new man did not want 'her' children. You orto spend some time in the real world.

Shane

fifteen16fifteen16over 7 years ago
Once More

Once more then i will shut up. We read here for entertainment but writers like carvohi bring many things to their stories, of course Eugenie was mentally ill, it only takes a bad set circumstances and we are all vulnerable therefore we have to watch out for each other and intervene.

fifteen16fifteen16over 7 years ago
Horrible

Horrible events befall many family's and some times tears them apart. this story shows how one tragic event can lead to another. They say you should write about what you know and what you don't, research it. This is what lets the story down, as i read the unlikely events with regards to court proceedings it spoiled what otherwise is a well written story..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a Downer This Was

Please, author, next time you write something as totally depressing as this was, how about a heads-up in your preface. That way I can just skip the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
YOU REALLY NEED TO ADDRESS THE ENDING IT'S ALL WRONG

Hi there peoples! GREG ere again! I've commented below about the law and courts Please Carvohi give this family a happy ending other wise it is shit! SHIT MAN AS IN THE STUFF THAT STINKS! That's what your story does now STINKS! Love you all! GREG. OH 50 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Couldn't get past....

...all the bullshit surrounding the court issues. Having worked in a DA's office, and having been through the family court system, including representing myself on a contempt motion I filed against my ex, I just couldn't get past all the holes in your story. It simply wouldn't have gone down that way.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 7 years ago
Heavy duty heartbreak hotel..

...Seriuosly...Dude...you're killing me. I still loved the story..but ..Holy Smokes!..WTF..kind of ending was that...??? Perhaps one more Chapter and he was able to heal her..not perfect..but just heal her enough to please the audience..(aka reader). Did she make a mistake?? yeah..but have mercy..more reconciliation and a bit a sanity to her and a payoff for him. What payoff? That's for you as the writer to decide..but in reality...this story..give them both a reward. Her ..her sanity...him...be kind..he suffered enough...give him mercy...give him the mercy he truly deserves. Give both of them a happily ever after finish. Be bold and beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY COMMENTS

She-it man! This story is so wrong. The piece of SHIT dentist in the real world would have been Jailed for what he did. You stated that his eldest daughter rang him to save mom from the beatings the SAD (SHIT ASSHOLE DENTIST) PIECE OF SHIT was doing to her mom ! Secondly the Police were called to attend the scene of crime by the ex husband? 3rd when they got there eugenie was beat up badly. She was grabbing Chase's legs saying that you came over and over. Now NO JUDGE WILL NOT TAKE THE EVIDENCE OF THE POLICE AND THE CHILDREN ALSO EUGENIE AND HER MOM AND PISS IT OFF AS CRAP EVIDENCE THAT I KNOW FOR SURE! I am sorry but this is wrong. OH OH! I LOVE YOU ALL! BYE! OH 50 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE. NO JUDGE or POLICE WERE HURT IN THE MAKING OF THIS COMMENT THEY DO A GOOD JOB BYE!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
I'm Grading This Story 5-Stars

...I don't think Chase should have accepted Eugenie back. She deserved to die as a homeless wretch. She should however live to see how her daughters struggled for a meager existence because of her selfish desires. But the dentist should die in a house fire that totally destroys his mansion. At the same time a fire destroys his dental office and the office building of his lawyers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
yes they do

Married female college instructor destroys life and reputation of married student she sexually assaulted and coerced

Details Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
makes me so cross

People like this dentist do exist, wrecking lives for their own satisfaction. How they get away with it is beyond me, but I think most probably do.

So I think it's fitting that in this story he survived any punishment other than getting a beating.

All in all a very realistic, emotional tale, full of drama and the 'unfinished' ending fits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
MEH.

I actually liked the anonymous post story five posts back.

I liked the Chase for the most part. Wish he would have thought tactically before confronting and harmed the dentist but breaking him physically was good.

Unfortunately, many a stupid bitch are like the one in this story and absolutely destroy their lives and everyone around them for the dubious honor and title of whore.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
LETS ASK HIM HOW MUCH WILL SELF RESPECT PURCHASE

This question will not be answered by this commenter/ TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Sad BUT Nicely Done.

“he paid Alimony because the Dentist had her quit her job so - no income for her; therefore, alimony.” – So, if he quits HIS job, no income for HIM, therefore no alimony? Besides, alimony (or “maintenance” as it is called now) is SUPPOSED to be to enable the wife to learn to support herself. Since she already had a good job, that she conveniently quit, she is ALREADY able to support herself!

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 8 years ago
Depressing

Sorry, I could not give it high marks as it was far too depressing. You could have thrown us a bone and at least had the dentist go to jail for beating his wife.

Oh, and Obamacare wouldn't have done them any good. They probably couldn't have afforded the premiums and certainly could not have afforded the deductibles.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years agoAuthor
To anonymous "Pain to Read".

Gee, you've comprehensively outlined an almost complete tale. You ought to sit down and finish fleshing it out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pain to read, but I loved it

I didn't know I married a slut, unlike our protagonist here. I knew she planned to marry her longtime boyfriend, Tom, but then he cheated a few times, decided she didn't really didn't ring his bell and moved on to other women.

We married about a year after their split, I was in love and assumed she was too, hell, she told me enough how much she loved me. Then we went through our own rough times, two kids, never enough money, scrimping and saving on a regular basis. Them Tom moved back to town and I heard he'd stopped by her work to apologize. A coworker of hers heard a little of their conversation and relayed it to me.

She started fucking him within a week of him returning. I knew it very quickly, she didn't resemble the woman I had married, almost overnight. She became shrill, vindictive and hateful in a space of about 72 hours. Even our kids began to stay away from her, although they were only 5 and 7. When I began to suspect, I continued to sleep with her but the idea of sex didn't enter my mind. It took her about a month, a long painful month before she actually came to me for sex and was shocked when I turned her down for the first time ever. She sneered at me and had some cutting remark I don't remember now.

The next time she mentioned sex was about two weeks later. By then, I'd had our divorce papers already drawn up. A friend had pictures of my wife and Tom, who while coming from a wealthy family, didn't have the money of The Dentist, but was fabulously wealthy. Our kids were at my parents house when she suggested we go upstairs and fool around. I was reading a magazine and merely looked up at her and asked if we had any condoms. She was stunned and asked why we needed any rubbers, she had been fixed after our last one. I gave her my coldest look and said I didn't need to catch anything from Tom and mentioned he was a well known man whore.

She stared at me, I suppose in disbelief and then in anger, went upstairs to our room. About a half hour later she came back down, dragging four suitcases behind her to the bottom of the stairs. I just glanced at her, my heart racing, then went back to my magazine. She asked if I could help her and I answered, she had crawled into bed with Tom by herself, she could do it herself. After she had her car packed she had to have the last word and told me at least she had a big cock again. I suppose I should have been hurt but I am fairly secure in my manhood with a 7 1/2" fair thick cock. If she needed something bigger, well, don't let the door hit you in the ass....

Working on a hunch, I called up the server to deliver the divorce papers to my soon to be ex. The server was a local sheriff, in this case, my 1st cousin. He had never liked my wife and was pleased to be the one. Less than 15 minutes later, I got a call saying I was indeed correct, he served her at Tom's house with Tom standing just inside the doorway.

I asked for custody of the kids and instead of accepting child support, I would instead not pay alimony and we'd be even. Figuring we'd fight it out in court it would be a good place to start and was shocked almost to the point of fainting when my lawyer called and said not only did my wife accept the conditions, she had already signed and dropped the papers off at his office. Our divorce was final in 120 days and I never spoke one word to her in that time. Our children were devastated by the loss of their mother who made no effort to see them. When Elaine's 8th birthday came and went without a word from her mother, I saw steel begin to form in her eyes. My ex had no idea, she had just lost one of her children that day. Elaine never interacted with her mother in a positive way again.

I heard the first rumblings from a coworker of my ex-wife. She called to tell me a story. It seemed my ex was coming to work bruised and in pain. Over the next few months after our divorce was final, she was coming to work in pain more and more. Me? I can't say I care, hell, I don't even want to see a stray dog hurt. But she was no longer my concern. The difference came when I happened to be invited out with a bunch of friends, a few of them women and my mom was thrilled to babysit.

I saw Tom the moment I entered the lounge and soon noticed my wife return to his table, presumably from the bathroom. It was odd, she wore sunglasses inside, where it was very dark and she wore much more foundation to her makeup. The long sleeves told me her coworker was correct. However, I ignored them and really had a great time with my friends and was pleased to have one of the girls hanging all over me. She told me later, when she saw how much my ex was watching us, she couldn't help but behave as she did. I hadn't realize how much my wife was not liked by just about everyone I knew.

When they left, well before me and my group did, my ex refused to look at me. Tom however, sneered as he went by and pulled her closer. I guess letting me know the best man won. Well, I looked at it differently. I felt as though I was the winner, I had divested myself of a cheating slut. So his attitude didn't bother me there, however, that he even looked at me was an irritation. When we were younger, he was much larger than me, about 2" taller and perhaps 40lbs heavier. Now, he hadn't realized how much things had changed. I was a competitive powerlifter now and probably outweighed him by 60lbs or more and every ounce of it muscle.

About a year later, I was back at the same lounge, alone and nursing a beer, about my 10th of the evening and feeling no pain when they both walked in. Seriously, I didn't pay them much attention, neither meant anything to me. In two years my ex had made no effort to see her kids and had become a non-entity in our lives. But Tom had to change things, that very night. You see, I'd had a powerlifting comp the last weekend and I'd went in certain I'd take the trophy home for my weigh-age category but had been beaten badly. A piss test showed he was a steroid guy that competed in a natural competition and they stripped the metal from him and awarded it to me, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I had someone else's castoff again. At 240lbs, I'd finished with a 555lb squat, 422lb bench press and a 575lb deadlift for a total of 1552. I took home first place for the bench press but in the overall, he had smoked me badly with a 1801lb total. His squat and deadlift were unbelievable. And apparently for a drug free guy, they were unbelievable.

Back to the story. I was feeling sorry for myself, nursing my beer and trying to figure out how to increase both my squat and deadlift, that is where comps are won, not with the bench press. Yeah, you build big arms and chest with a good bench but you don't win comps with them. Not paying any attention to them, I was surprised to have Tom slide into the seat across from me and stare. Me? I just looked back in disgust and suppose my lip curled, as it normally does when I'm feeling disgust. He just stared at me so after waiting a few seconds with nothing coming from him, I got up and left the lounge, work came early.

The next time we had interaction, I was with friends, this time a couple women were along. No date for me, I hadn't dated since my ex and I split and hadn't had any sex since before I found out about my wife. Instead, I had poured myself into my lifting, work and kids. We were finally building a bank account and the kids were my biggest cheerleaders when I competed. I just happened to glance in their direction when I watched Tom haul off and slap my ex with the back of his hand. It was hard and brutal. She fell back into their booth and sat stunned with a bloody mouth.

Now, like I said, don't even hurt a dog when I'm around. It angers me. I was on Tom before my ex's mouth could start to bleed. So quietly only he could hear me, I called him every derogatory name I could think of and mentioned he might want to try and beat a man, rather than a woman, something that he was. Over a period of perhaps 90 seconds, I had him steaming and dared him to hit me. No one was interfering or attempting to stop anything, people just watched with interest. I guess I was the last person to know he was a known woman beater. When he took the first punch, I let him hit me. When I reeled backward, he called me all show and bulled forward, punching me a couple more times.

My problem is that I am stronger than the average human and mindful of that fact. So I merely pushed him back, still part of a hastily forming plan. Tom laughed and bulled forward again, hitting me in the jaw that time and I let myself fold. When he kicked in, two things happened. One, people saw who he really was. Two, I was now legally covered to 'turn the dogs loose', so to speak. My first left hit him in the stomach and I automatically pulled back, forcing myself not to finish it quickly. He bent over, opening himself if I wished but waited until he was recovered. When he stood up I could see he was sick and not really wanting to pursue the fight. I saw my cousin in the crowd and when he didn't stop it, I knew my chance was beckoning.

Over the next couple minutes I showed Tom was it was like to be beat on. When he was ready to fold, I gave him a chance to recover yet again, but when I saw my cousin moving through the crowd to me, I knew it was time to finish it. With a couple brutal punches to the midsection, the second to his solar plexus, he started to drip and I caught him under the chin with my knee. He went back on to his back and I followed him, landing on his shoulder with my knee and felt his left clavicle break. He couldn't scream, unable to catch his breath. Pushing myself to my feet, I put my hand down hard enough on his other clavicle to break it to and after retaking my feet, stood on his hand and felt knuckles break.

I wasn't arrested, but was taking in for questioning. Tom was carted to the hospital and eventually served almost 3 months in jail. My ex? She attempted to call me, left messages on my phone and even my mom's. She was nothing more than a person I used to know and didn't want to get to know again. When Tom was let out of jail I went to watch, not to see him, but interested in who picked him up. It wasn't my ex, but I guess it was fortuitous he saw me. From hundreds of yards away, I saw his visage turn white. I followed him and his ride, his father, until I was ready to turn off toward my own home. A few weeks later, I heard he moved back to California.

My ex? She lives with her folks again. She has started to rebuild a relationship with our son, but our daughter wants nothing to do with her now. Although I asked Elaine to spend time with her, my ex MIL let me know it was painful for everyone, she simply refused to interact or even speak with her mother. More than once, my ex sent word with my son as to how sorry she was and said she was waiting for just the slightest of openings to rekindle our relationship.

That won't happen. You see, I thought I was just spending time with my female coworkers, not understanding they worked together in order to throw Bonnie and I together. Bonnie apparently really liked me and after time together, I realize I liked her too and that began our relationship. A year later, we were married and my daughter Elaine was our flower girl and son, Benjamin, was our ring bearer. My ex? According to my MIL, she is devastated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I liked it but:

I would have liked it better if your hero were a little less saintly and a little more human.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 9 years ago
MRSA !!!

MRSA aka The Flesh Eating disease. A Staph infection resitant to 98% of all antiboitics.

Hospitals - - -a wonderful place to get MRSA !!!

Good story,people like him and his wife are real and sometimes triumph over all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sad BUT Nicely Done

I could see it all happening in the real world. You did a great job and to Karen...

... he paid Alimony because the Dentist had her quit her job so - no income for her; therefore, alimony.

The story was so real and possible that I gave up hoping you would have him find the Dentist and really do him some harm but, in the real world, and this story is realistic - things would just go as you wrote.

Nice job Carvoli!

2ndThoughts

jimh67jimh67about 9 years ago
Where were the unicorn judges?

I honestly don't understand why authors in this section think they're allowed to invent total fantasies about the law and the judicial system after people have pleaded with them for years not to do that. This is one of the worst I've seen. It would have been equally accurate to say that the doctors cured the daughter of cancer by shoving a copper rod up her ass but unfortunately just before she was to be released the rod attracted lightening and she was fried,in her hospital bed.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Thoughts

So many of these stories have the wives working at jobs that “require” going to Happy Hours that always seem to stir up trouble!

You’re re-using (or was it the other story that got it from this one?) the leukemia, donor dad gets seriously ill from the second treatment plot-line.

If her mother goes to the court and says that the kids miss their father, and the kids presumably would say the same, there is no way she could keep the kids from them.

Why does he pay alimony when she earns more? Her conveniently quitting wouldn’t stand up in any court.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You know if all the people who dear annony told to kil themselves becasue he/she/ity didn't like their

stories, there would be no writers on Lit. So how about saving us asshole and kill yourself dumb ass annony! Gave it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
kill yourself

For writing this wimp ass cuckold garbage.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Downer

I kept waiting for the positive side. What was there was too thin. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What court of law did this guy go to

Was the judge bought, what a shit life and ending for this guy. The guy did not plot well . The dentist should have died before a divorce . Then there would be justice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Depressing

That was one depressing piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fine author

Your style shows a redeeming quality in individuals. The husband stood by his family(even his ex-wife) in their darkest hour, and forgave the ex-wife after the breakdown she had. There is a nobility in that. Keep writing about the human condition - you're good.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I do like the way you work towards your endings -

The idea that you own your children and their welfare until you die is a simple constant in my mind as well - what you need to do for them is what you do - or try your best to.

That is the centerpiece here - he did not fall out love - neither did she really - she just fell back on old bad habits he accepted once and lost sight of who and what she was - but even she held on to her kids welfare.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Another Bunch of Reasons!

First I have to say this author is one fine writer. I enjoy his or her writing style. Now comes the 'but'. He seems to find ways for the women to cheat and get away with it. This woman had absolutely no redeeming qualities. She had some hard times, she wanted a better more exciting life, so she completely destroys the husband. Haven't we all had some hard times? Don't we all want a more exciting and fun life at times? But how many destroy their mate and family to go after it? I'm glad he helped her and got the children, but he should never, ever take her back after what she did to him. He should take the children and get as far away from her as possible. The children should be old enough to understand that it was she who destroyed their happy home.

Also the dentist needs some more serious retribution. I will continue reading a few more of your stories because I like your writing. Thank you for writing such thought provoking stories.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
I thought...

that it is one of Carvohi's best. It makes me feel so grateful that I have never been tried to breaking point and beyond. I feel sympathy for both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1 star

I didn't like any of the characters. Had no sympathy for the wife what so ever.

SensateSensatealmost 10 years ago
Super-human

I think Chase comes across as more than any human can be, but there are men out there like him, I'm sure. The children should always come first. Good and engrossing story. 5 stars, thank you.

green1943green1943almost 10 years ago
too dark

not one of your best

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
The Devil made me do it?

I love your work, but I really question the way Eugenie's actions were forgiven. I've fucked up enough in my life to know it has always been my fault. No amount of coercion changes the fact that it is my decision as to how I act. In fact, I believe it harmful to even portray that somehow we might not be responsible for our actions; as the choices we make in this life determine where we want to spend eternity. So sure, forgive Eugenie as she makes better choices and tries to be a better person; but don't make excuses to promulgate the lie that we can't control our behavior and others just have accept us as we are.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 10 years ago
let down

I liked most of the story but the legal BS let it down. There is no way a wife abuse charge can be withdrawn once made. Even if there is a settlement out of court between the parties the state will still prosecute, the evidence was overwhelming.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous