All Comments on 'The Door Prize'

by Stefan_J

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
great story

Great story. Very well written. Never a dull moment. Kept me guessing all along. I could identify with the heros very much. I enjoy stories where a nice guy does well without having to mean to someone, and can help someone along the way. I really am looking forward to more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Very nice

Well written. A bit of every writer's fantasy perhaps, but then it is from that fantasizing our stories come from. I was fearful throughout that she was a setup of some kind, or that hidden cameras were entertaining the rest. Glad you kept to sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Excellent

Extremely well written. Look forward to seeing more.

silveracesilveracealmost 20 years ago
Wonderful!!

This was a great story and I hop[e that you are considering a sequel or even more than one!

Dragon9Dragon9almost 20 years ago
Thank You

Please continue very soon and again thank you for a pleasent story

MasterTigerMasterTigeralmost 20 years ago
Great, Well written..

This was a work of art. I have to say that you have real talent. i will be lookinf for more submitions by you, and look forward to a sequal of this particular story, if one should ever arise...great job...

MarsipanneMarsipannealmost 20 years ago
Absolutely terrific

Overall, wonderful story. 100% loved it. You have a knack of making your characters appear intelligent rather than saying they are.

I loved that stuff about Stephanie coming across as well.. non-sexual. I, for one, seem to channel 'prude' exceptionally well and even my best friend was shocked when she first found out about my ideas about sex. Everybody assumes that because I'm rather high-faluting, moralistic and Chinese I'm going to be a prude. This is most certainly not the case. My close friends know that I'm actually a bit of a fiend, but some of those (these 'shy girls' are genuine prudes--no sex before marriage, or sex 'eww!') now seem to think I'm a slut. I haven't done anything to warrant that statement but people seem to assume that if you are somewhat orgasm-addicted you're going to be promiscuous. Ah well, at any rate, very few really, actually nobody, understands my attitude towards sex.

Gah, ranted about myself. Anyway... well done on this story. Definitely one of my favourites ever. I like this one more than 'last nice guy in town' actually, which I loved.

philomorphphilomorphalmost 20 years ago
Thanks

Well written and ORIGINAL !! Doesn't happen often. Such a relief from thhe common Yahoo's who don't know the difference between your/you're; its/it's and whose characters 'shutter', not shudder. I will never understand why so many people are obsessed with outdoor window coverings. Oh well, to each his own. In any event you write well and are literate. Again, for that I thank you.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 20 years ago
A truly exceptional story

After reading some of the other stories on this site, reading this story was like finding a diamond in a mountain of sludge. I hope to read more of your stories soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
speachless

wasn't expecting a story like this. absolutely incredable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Great Story

This story deserves 100%. It is rare to find such a great story like this on this website. Everything was perfect from the original plot to the character development, nothing but loving sex between two people. No sequel is necessary, as what happens from this point on should be left up to the reader's imagination. Keep writing wonderful stories like this. You have a knack for writing well-developed short stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Hell Yeah

Damn, this one is a probably the best story here. Heres a hint, try and get your work published.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Good story

Very well written I look forward to more of your storys. I think you have the ability to go somewhere man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Exceptionally Awesome!

I loved "The last Nice Guy In Town" and yet this one hit my top favorite folder even faster!

I really like those shy guy becomes a winner stories, probably because it hits so close to home. Kind of makes me wish I was a young guy again, just so I could step into a situation like Michael has. {sigh} Oh well, even a guy on the long side of fifty can dream of might have beens or (dare I hope) what might be.

Kydreamer

J_HemlockJ_Hemlockalmost 20 years ago
The best

I've been reading erotica for over 10 years. This is hands down the best story I've ever read. I'd like to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Incredible!

Not only was this story hot, it had AMAZING plot! I was into EVERY aspect of the story, its multiple sides. Great stuff! Usually it's novels that tend to involve you in the plot, making you want to BE the protagonist or live a similar life or have similar experiences. It's rare that an "erotic" story can do the same, but this one does!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Exceptional!

Great story line. Very creative and unique. The plot draws the reader into a well written story. Love making was not the focus but a complimenting part of the story. Loved it from start to finish!

Nightowl21Nightowl21almost 20 years ago
Excellent

A sexy romantic novelette. And funny too! Kinda takes you back to your first love. Not those circumstances but the emotional feelings! Thoroughly enjoyed this story. And look forward to more of your wtitings.

Lord DragonsWingLord DragonsWingalmost 20 years ago
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely one of the best stories I've read. Keep up the writing and I look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Trite and Contrived...

... refers to my comment. It was a tremendously well written story. Kudos to setting, plot development, character development, and style. That and the fact that Stephanie sounds like an incredible (re:dream) girl insofar as my personal tastes are concerned.

andrewpetersandrewpetersalmost 20 years ago
Great Story

Very much enjoyed the story, great flow to it. Maybe could have developed Stephanie's character a bit more, but other than that well written and enjoyable. Will definitely read your other stories and look forward to more.

hotjavaguyhotjavaguyalmost 20 years ago
When a character is so good you can taste her...

or at least deparately want to. The story rode the line of plausibility and had a great pull toward suspension of disbelief (the marks for me of transcending into a work of art not just a good story). I would have enjoyed it if we heard about the eating of Stephanie's deliciousness, but her chosing him was great... that was just a little too well forshadowed with the comment about him not missing the announcement so no real tension or suprise there... if either you'd had it go farther with the two girls so you felt the conflict more knowing he was going to be chosen or made it less obvious that it was him (maybe if you'd set up some idea that Danny thought it was to be his prize or something), but i pick a nit that isn't that big of deal, but it was a great read...

EpheEphealmost 20 years ago
Perfect :)

Humor, Romance, hot Erotica, simple-but-gret Plot, Realistic characters that everyone would love, and professional way of putting it down for everyone to read. Man, you got it all in this thing :D If I could rate it higher I would definitely do it. This is one of the best I've read in LitE ^^ Rock on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Excellent

He writes very well, and puts together a good plot, with excellent follow through.

Kitty_AngelKitty_Angelalmost 20 years ago
Very good.

I've never read a more stunning story like this. It is simply the best ever. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Vivid Color

What a story. I couldn't stop reading it. The images seared my mind.

LakotaMoonLakotaMoonalmost 20 years ago
I hate it when I can only say this: WOW!

;-)

Everyone already said so: Great. As in characters, plot, ..., everything. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
True Character

Thank-you, once again, for characters of true character and integrity. I had lost hope of finding anything but porn when I found your earlier story "The last nice guy". Today is my first return to this site in several months. I appreciate your attention to detail and pacing; but most of all, the integrity of your characters. Are you Stephanie?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
absolutly the best writer here!

loved every letter of it!

SunnieSunniealmost 20 years ago
That was in CRED ible!!

I don't even know what to say about it. You've got a powerful handle on language and dialogue, and the twists at every turn were riveting. Awesome!

cuml8lycuml8lyalmost 20 years ago
You really need my opinion???

Because you have asked for my opinion on this story, I will give it in a public fashion. I don't think you really need my opinion after reading ALL the others because there are no more great words left for me to use. I'm just sorry my little vacation kept me from this one for so long. Absolutely wonderful. You are such a great writer and this one definetly deserves all the praise it is getting and more. A winner!!!!Smooches

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
THANK YOU

Your stories are why I still come back to Literotica. The Door Prize, The Last NIce Guy, evan Cum Bath are all great stories well worth weeding through all the others for. Though you lack in quantity you certanly make up for it in quality. I can not wait for your next.

THANK YOU

CW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
One word...

MORE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Comment on The Door Prize

I really enjoyed The Door Prize. I'm hoping there will be a second part to this one. A definite keeper.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
please

please please please write a follow up

Miss_PussMiss_Pussalmost 20 years ago
oh my word!

another fabulous piece of writing, this is exactly the sort of work i would be hoping to get from my local bookstore or library. have you been published? and if so what? if not, why the hell not?!!

thankyou, inspiring and a joy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Wow!!!!

This was absolutely fantastic. You have mad talant and should be sending your work to publishers. If you have been published please let us know where we can buy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Yay.

This has just become my favorite story here. It's funny, it's hot, it's amazingly well-written...what's not to like? :) The funny thing is that they remind me of some people I used to know and love. It's a very warm-and-fuzzy-and-sexy feelings story. ;) Thanks for writing this. Now I just have to read the rest. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Amazing!

Another fantastic story.

Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Absolutely great writing!

You have the touch Stefan J.! Writers like you and Kiwiwolf are really too good to be giving it away like this, but it is what makes you great instead of merely good. I believe that we will be paying soon enough, if we aren't already.

I for one will be standing in line at the local book store if I find out you are being published. Even better, I hope I find out about the signing if that happens! Keep writing man, don't let this talent go to waste!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Comment?

The only comment that I can think of is BRAVO!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
amazing

this is the first story I have made a comment on - none others have been worthy. Stefan_J is an incredible author. Thanks for the good reads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sequel

Sequel!!!!

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 19 years ago
Who wouldn't want Stephanie?

I hope that, if there is a sequel, Stephanie gets involved with the research and the writing of the novel. I'd also like to see her sister become involved. It's pretty clear that the two supporting characters are representative of what people can accomplish if they are treated right and encouraged. I think Stephanie is actually extremely smart and has concealed it. Her sister, far from being a "door prize," was picked for a reason.

Great writing. I think this should have been in the First Time or Romance section, but that's my biased opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
sequel, please!

God, what a great story. Please, continue...

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
What A Storie

This is one of the best writings I have read in a long while. I hope you keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
God WOW!

I HAVE GOT TO SEE A SEQUEL!! Its GREAT!

Albany ChrisAlbany Chrisover 19 years ago
Amazing. Smart and very well written.

A significant cut above even the good stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
All In Context

All too often I find the stories here on Literotica to be far too one-sided. And so it is a genuine pleasure to find stories that have the emotional color to capture one's imagination on many levels - that are actually *stories*. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
to quote some sages

We're not worthy, we're not worthy.

Plot, charachters(sp) with depth and appeal, plot twist (the door prize was forshadowed, but had to be), and it did not end with "wham, bam, thank you maam."

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
thumbs up

Juicy

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
omg

Two words: holy shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
I loved it

Well written. Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Extremely well writeen

An excellent play on different mindsets that people can have. Beautifully written, and a must read for any new literotican reader. Much more beautiful than a stroke story.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
awesome writing

Very inspiring erotic tale and I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
This is a satire…

…right? The opening paragraph sounds like Tom Clancy on drugs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
damn!

wow. great story dude. awesome. quite apart from the amazing erotic scenes, good plot, too. Definitely the best story i've read on here so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Dear Author - You are a STORY TELLER

of great magnitude - well done and most entertaining.

The sex was grand - but the imaginative story was better.

More Please - With highest Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Engrossing

Good job Stefan. I'd love to read something from you in a sci-fi vein, I think it would match your flow of writing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
yeah but...

Good story.

Way too much about the car - Danny's not important enough to spend all that time on his car.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Why can't my life be like that!

Excellent story! Thanks for sharing your imagination......left me feeling satisfied!

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryalmost 19 years ago
Very Nice

Excellent story. Thank you.

PAPATOADPAPATOADalmost 19 years ago
Good Read

I enjoyed the story very much. I am a little slow so I might have to read it again to get the full impact of what went on. It was a neat idea and you executed it well. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Amazing

Excellent story. The sex was excellent, but the truely great part of this story is the actual story behind it. Amazing characters and events.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Awestriking

Amazing i mean, wow. Eric is truly imposing. Its beyonds ecellent. More of the same genre. more ore more!!!!

lalailalaiover 18 years ago
Very Good!

It was an excellent story! I enjoyed it tremendously. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
cheered me up no end!!

I enjoyed this story greatly and after a hard day at work it made me feel silly for moping... i loved all of it.. the imigination portrayed from michaels point of view as well as the intelligence that just oozed from ray/stoner!!! Thank you. I will be checking out more of your work definately!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a tip

I liked your story, and i believe teh character of Eric was VERY nicely developed, but try not to use quite so many adjectives. It makes the story seem fake, in a sense, or like you are trying to take up space. But otherwise, it was a great story. For your next work, try something closer to science fiction. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow.

Your story was fantastic. Have you ever thought about writing romance novels, erotic literature?.. You'd probably be pretty good at it. You have the talent of intergrating sex with a good story. It stimulates both the mind and the body. Thanks for cheering up my day, simply by writing it.

atraveleratravelerabout 18 years ago
You left something out!

On several ocasions, Michael asked Stephanie if she would like him to eat her. Obviously, that must have been something Michael enjoyed, and since he won the door prize, perhaps, in addition to all of the other wonderful things he wound up with, (which I am very jealous of), he should have been able to have gotten the chance to do something that he (and I) enjoyed doing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well...

I really enjoyed this story. However, I agree that the foreshadowing in the beginning was rather obvious, and I found it difficult to believe that a multi-millionnaire author would want to write a book with a college student, especially one whom he has never met. The sex was great, but I thought it diminished in quality after they left the dance floor. The first part was really hot (even about Danny in the beginning), but I felt like the cuddling at the end as well as Stoner's involvement was unnecessary. Still, one of the best stories I've ever read on lit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
amazing

I'm depressed there's no sequel! This is a truely amazing story. VERY well written.

Write one for us! Your Fans!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Awsome

Best story I've read on Literotica. Well done. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I have to

I've been coming to Literotica for close to a decade now, and I've never come across a story that I genuinely wanted to compliment the author on. This story was simply amazing. It was erotic, sweet, intelligent, and if this sounds a little hokey, it was-IS inspirational. You're a fantastic writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Genuine work of art

An unbelievable piece of work that gave an uplift to me. thank you for the excellent story. Bravo

lovejugs3105lovejugs3105almost 16 years ago
inspireing

amazing story, bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well Done!

I loved the story, but doubt that anyone could be that lucky................

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very Enjoyable

I have to say that I was in an antsy mood and flipped thru several stories on here till I came upon yours. Yours kept me interested till the end so, in my book, that's a good thing. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A well written opus

Your work was clear aand concise. The premise was a little hard to beleive but this is fiction after all. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A fine example of what good writing should be; good grammer, good sentence structure and no misspelling. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
At last!

I read this story when it was firstposted and have been looking for it to read again ever since. It's just as good now as the first time round. One of literoticas best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Absolutely Loved It!

This is an awesome story! Well written and it makes you long for a sequel! Great Job!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
i love it.

i absoulety love your story. i couldn't stop reading it. =) i'll be reading more of your stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Amazing read

One of the best stories I've ever read here by far. Amazing style and it had me sucked in from start to finish. You're a great writer and this piece of work can attest to that.

srgeeksrgeekalmost 15 years ago
Drama YES! <===> Melodrama NO!

Similarly to the way many of Scorpio44 & Scorpio44a's protagonists want to eliminate the color red from their lives, I like to minimize if not remove melodrama from mine. I realize that melodrama is not subject to control in life, but it is in fiction. Melodrama in life is evidence that God if such there be has a snide sense of humor and is a prankster that puts Norse mythology's Loki to shame. Melodrama's primary usage appears to be the injection of useless pain into people's lives. Fortunately you didn't take it there, but only toyed with it on the surface. Thanks.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Uniquely skillful

It is difficult for a reader to tell a writer exactly what they are doing right. If a story is written well the proof is in the readers enjoyment of that story. To say that you write well is to undervalue all of the may aspects of that skill. However I have just read a reasonably believeable, well written story, with an interesting story line. I thought that it had very good character development and that it set the foundation for many more chapters which I feel I would also enjoy reading. If you can keep combining all of the aspects of story telling as well as you did in this project, I and many others will keep enjoying your efforts. Anon jerry

drseaknightdrseaknightover 14 years ago
Absolutely Magical, truly crafted

Your writing is well paced, with just the right touches of detail. I thouroughly enjoyed the way you took you hero from his hum drum every day experience to one of ultimate possibilities, throough the medium of a beautiful woman and a party which turns out to have him as the guest of honor. Stephanie is a well developed creature with depth and allure that come from true beauty. You have a gift for crafting a well written story with nuance and clarity. Thank you.

CandidStoriesCandidStoriesover 14 years ago
Decent plot. Writing needs work.

The number of facepalm cliche lines and eye-roll-worthy flashbacks and details really took this story down many notches. Minus those elements, I'd say that the whole thing is handled a bit more unrealistically than necessary. It really takes a "fantastic" track. Also, Stephanie isn't given much of any development at all, and I still can't convince myself that she would pick the immature Michael. I recommend adding more backstory.

Also, I wanted to know where things went from there. That was probably the biggest positive of the story.

coupleuk1949coupleuk1949about 14 years ago
Where does it go from here

Its a real pity that you've stopped writing because I would really like to see where this story ends up. Its a good first part but when will you carry it on?

Archangel7794Archangel7794about 14 years ago
Perfect

I -love- the fact you ended the story. So few authors know how to truly conclude something, as well as bring a character to life as vividly as you have. Loved the story, and it is definitley one of my top picks EVER. Look forward to seeing other works from you.

RobertSquireRobertSquireabout 14 years ago
Wish you would write more

I really enjoyed this story. It's too bad something like this doesn't happen in real life, even if it were only for a few people.

I particularly liked the moral position the girl takes and the inner dialog of your main character. I think it was a wise choice for your character to take time to catch up with the events that were happening; you did that in several places and I think that also made the story very effective.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Sequel

The Door Prize Really deserves a sequel. There's so much that can be expanded on! Please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Surprisingly very good

I feared this would lead to a typical story of the male perspective after the intro details about cars, but it took a pleasant turn to a mixture of male & female aspects. I was able to keep reading to come to this conclusion because of the natural flow in the language. It felt professionally written. Also, as a personal aside, it's a fantasy of mine to be that center of attention so this hit home for me on that level. The only real criticism would be the pregnancy scare part. I'm not sure why that was included since it kind of killed the mood for me, & it didn't lead to anything. Besides that, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.

Sasha

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You should be a novelist

You are an amazing writer. I was wishing for an entire book to curl up with. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sequel Please?

Seriously, this is great writing and story telling at its best. Maybe you didn't intend to write a follow-up story, but this story ending screams for one (or two or more) chapters to be written.

If not, I thank you for what you did write. It was a pleasure to read.

Keep on writing.

kraeflykraeflyover 13 years ago
Phenomenal!

The idea of a sequel sounds delectably enticing to me as well. The story is written with a depth of detail and hungry passion that few stories on here contain. I like that it, while being intensely and enjoyably sex-oriented, has a story to it as well, despite being about a less than 24-hour scene, and the potential that it ends with is quite satisfying.

The grammar and spelling have no faults that I can see, the storyline is great for such a short scene, and the sex scenes and tension are detailed and steamy enough to draw me in and turn me on. Also, you managed to give a "there is a future to this" feel to a single night, another feat that is harder than it seems.

The only objection I have to the story is the last line... It would have ended better if it was taken out, because it turns the ending from an uplifting, creative, and passionate conclusion to something that seems like it should have been longer. When the ending to a story is generalized and summarized in such a manner, it seems, at least to me, as though the author just got tired of the story and wanted it to end. Also, it seems an obvious set-up for a sequel, despite the fact one has not been posted.

Thank you for such an enjoyable story, and keep writing!

sonjaxsonjaxover 13 years ago
phenomonal!!

this is not a story i would normally pick to read but am glad i did. besides being excellently written, it was like every guys dream come true. thank you.

Firmhands5Firmhands5over 13 years ago
Hopefully the great beginning of a series.

I know that is asking alot, but your style and descriptions convey hope - so please let me know when you have more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Should be a movie!

Should be a movie!!! That was a great read & I want to know more! It felt almost real & I agree with the other comment about "hope." Excellent job!

AdjectiveNounVerbAdjectiveNounVerbabout 12 years ago

Stefan, I didn't think I'd ever be using this word to describe a story on Literotica, but that was downright uplifting! Hot as hell too. I loved it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous