All Comments on 'The Dragon Chief Ch. 08'

by Alpanu

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
FromTxFromTxover 3 years ago
Awesome

So glad you are continuing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes!

Finally he’s revealed as a human being instead of an abusive bastard. I can see that this is set to be a complex story and I’m looking forward to reading more. Had I been in her place I think I’d want the conversation to have been a bit more in depth. Is he still going to insist she wanders around naked?

I know the witch had been in his life a long time but his response seems very short sighted, Willa’s title is supposed to mean *reason* so that doesn’t explain why he would need to be so cruel. From that one word alone I got the impression that she is there as his sanctuary to ground him, someone that he can be himself with and drop the mask of leadership. Then there’s the issue of releasing Willa, didn’t it cross his mind that she would still be at risk from the witch?

Hope you got my private message ok. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Tess (UK)

FromTxFromTxover 3 years ago
Glad you continued.

Looking forward to their journey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Write something else!

Come on! Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
grrrr

I agree with the comment that this is more complex than it might seem. On the one hand, I had gotten excited about his remorse etc., but on the other hand, this chapter has quickly raised many doubts in me, as he seems to have lost the remorsefulness and seems to again be arrogantly domineering and not caring about her as an equal partner. E.g. his insistence that he should be able to punish her but not she him, I just don't think such onesidedness is acceptable if we are to have a true partnership. And he should stop calling her pet. She should have engaged in some more serious negotiating about the ground rules before she agreed to stay... I hope to see some more equal balance between them in the future rather than just him dominating her...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous