The Dutiful Son Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And you still haven't told me everything have you?"

"Patience young grasshopper; I'm getting there. So it turns out that his mother Dr. Janet Ross-Henry had given Alonso up years ago because her high school professor, a powerful Italian lawyer named Scott Deluna, wanted nothing to do with the 18 year old after impregnating her.

But ole loose dick Scott must have a true appreciation for all things black and pussy. Because a few years prior to knocking up The good doctor with their son Alonzo, he had also sired a daughter with a black woman named Elnora Washington."

"And?"

"And Elnora just so happened to give birth to a Yolanda Washington. Alonzo's unsuspecting wife."

"Girl...this is too much."

"Once they were outed, it didn't matter that none of them knew prior that they were related, the public still crucified them. Had Alonzo not been such a dominant pitcher with so much guaranteed money in his contract, he'd be out of the league right now.

If his mother ever wants another teaching job, she can hang it up. It's not going to happen.

Now if this can be done to a rich and powerful family like theirs; what do you think the public would do to your family or mine if our "family secrets" became public knowledge?"

If you want to hear more about Coach Mac, Alonzo, Yolanda and Janet, please check out "Coach Mac and the HBCU" parts 1-3

"Who outed them in this way?"

"Some sleazy private detective that had been hired by Scott Deluna to find the truth. Well, first he was hired by Janet Ross-Henry to find her long lost son. What a shock that must've been on her to learn the truth.

The son she had given up for adoption was now her hot young lover."

"This is too much." Carolyn lamented. "I just...I just want to be able to walk down the street holding hands with the man I love in public; things every other couple takes for granted."

"That's what vacations in other towns or countries are for. When Joey and I travel, we let it all hang out.

Face it Love, neither of us has a conventional relationship. Some sacrifices will have to be made and accepted."

"Making sacrifices is my middle name; I'm well adept at "taking one for the team" in order to extract the "greater good."

..........

Vivian agreed to train Carolyn free of charge as time permitted her. The two ladies hugged and Vivian exited the establishment while Carolyn choose to remain a while.

She had never really been into sports so she wasn't really all too familiar with Alonzo Wells and his familial issues. She hoped that everything would work out for them, just as she hoped the same for Vivian and Joey as well as...

"I didn't think I'd run into you in here but I'm so glad I did. Carolyn, we really need to talk."

Carolyn's insides churned. She really didn't need this right now. This infernal woman has an uncanny knack for showing up at the right place at the wrong damn time!

"Hello Beverly, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Carolyn said as she greeted Detective Beverly Brooks, her office "frenemy" and sometimes competitor for male attention at police HQ.

"Mind if I sit?" The women in the business suit said. Once Carolyn nodded her consent, she took the seat that had just been occupied by Vivian Summers.

"This seats warm. You must have had a lunch date."

"Nothing gets by you does it Beverly? So tell me, what can I do for you today?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Three months pregnant. By the way, if I didn't tell you before now. I really like your tapered fade hairstyle. Not many women can pull that off and still look so feminine."

"And I just love your Afro and the confidence with which you wear it. It really is inspiring. As for this "do" of mine? I really thought it would give me an edge that night with Sergio.

But that massive white dick was too much for my tiny butthole.

But you girl...you tamed that tiger of a dick like nobodies business."

"Yes. But that was a while ago Beverly. I'm sure that's not what brings you to my table today so please, can we get to the point?"

"I need to apologize. Both to you and to Spencer."

Carolyn straightened at the keywords "apologize", "you" and "Spencer".

"Apologize? What did you do Brooks?" Carolyn asked suspiciously.

"I told Spencer that I knew." Beverly said with a heavy sigh.

"Knew what?"

"That the two of you are in love and that he's your biological son."

Well fuck me running!

"Before we get to that, tell me how did you find out?"

"On your desk is Spencer's graduation photo. He wrote on the frame in a red permanent marker, "thank you mom for making this day possible."

"Curse me for the damn fool that I am!" Carolyn thought to herself. "How could I have been so careless?"

"But don't worry. I removed the picture. I locked it up inside my office desk until you return so that no one else would make the connection. When I saw you guys fucking on the beach in Jamaica, and then noticing the resemblance of your lover to your son in the resort lobby, well... it was easy to put two and two together."

"I want to say thank you for hiding the photo, but tell me "my friend", what are you apologizing for?"

"Sigh...I'm the reason that Spencer is on the undercover assignment that he's on."

Carolyn maintains her composure. After all, for whatever else Beverly Brooks had done, she is still a cop. And assaulting a police officer is still assaulting a police officer and punishable in all 50 states and US territories.

"Allow me to finish this for you detective. You told my son that you knew that he and I were in a relationship and if he didn't take the undercover assignment, you'd out us. How am I doing so far?"

"Right on the money."

"You placed my son. Fuck it, you placed the man that I love in grave danger, why? Do you hate me that much? Do you so desire to see me hurt?"

"No. No Carolyn, please believe me. That wasn't it at all." Beverly grimaces as she prepares to say, "my reasoning was far worse as I look back on it."

"Go on."

"This is a career making case."

"You don't give a damn about Spencer's career."

"Not his; my own career. Carolyn. You know what it's like for a black woman trying to climb the ladder in a white male dominated arena. To get ahead you have to be willing to give up some ass, play politics, or solve the case that no one else has been able to solve.

I've tried number one until I can barely look at myself in the mirror; I hate kissing ass and despise office politics, so I thought I'd give number three a try; take down a major counterfeit ring."

"What's to stop me from going to your supervisor and repeating what you have told me?"

"Carolyn, for obvious reasons we both know that you aren't going to do that. But that's why I'm glad I ran into you. I wanted to let you know that I'm pulling Spencer out.

I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but we've had some chatter on "the wire" that suggests that the major players in the counterfeit ring suspect that Spencer's partner in this case, notorious counterfeiter Gene Adamos may be cooperating with law enforcement due to his ability to make bail so quickly after being caught with over three million dollars in fake bills.

So far, they don't appear to suspect that Spencer is a cop."

"How do you know this?"

"One of the guys on the wiretap said that ironically Spencer looked "too thuggish to be a cop".

"While I'm eternally grateful that you are going to get my son out of peril. You now have a huge secret hanging over our heads. What stops you from cashing this chip in at a later, more opportune time?"

"Nothing. Unless I give you a bargaining chip of your own to even the score with."

"And why would you do that?"

"To ease your mind. Carolyn, I've made so many enemies amongst the female personnel in the dept. I could use a few allies for once. And I'd like to be able to call you a friend again."

"So, what's your big secret?"

"Brian."

"Your husband? What about him?"

"He's not actually my husband, but we are in a loving relationship."

"So what? A lot of people live together without being married. What's the big damn deal?"

"Brian is my twin brother. For some reason he likes to say that we are identical, but given that he's a male and I'm female, his "identical" is doing a lot of heavy lifting."

This time, Carolyn has a very different reaction to this type of news than she did when Vivian confessed her own story.

She sits stoically waiting to see if Beverly would continue to speak.

"So now you see...I can't expose you without fear of being exposed myself."

"But...but you two are also in the swinger community." Carolyn said.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"It just doesn't seem to go with an incestuous brother and sister relationship. I mean don't you have a high enough level of crazy to deal with?"

"What can I say? Brian likes to watch me with other men and I like to watch him with other women. It strengthens our bond by showing why we should never take each other for granted."

"You and I used to be so close. At the time you were one of the few black women on the force and I at the time was the only black secretary. I just don't know what I did to you to cause you to despise me so."

Beverly, despite still being on duty, ordered herself a stiff cocktail as she went over Carolyn's words and thought back to when the "rift" between them, started for her.

"Carolyn, I never did hate you. I was just so jealous of you and the attention you garnered around the office."

"Didn't see that one coming. Beverly, you were gorgeous then and you're gorgeous now. You and I...shared so many good times back then."

"Gorgeous." Beverly said almost bitterly. "Compared to you? I was the fat friend of the prom queen. I had always gotten by on being "high yellow". The "creole girl from n'awlins".

"Where?"

"New Orleans. But then here you are; this veritable chocolate goddess with a killer body and a super model's face. Suddenly I was unable to compete."

"But that's the problem. We never should have been in competition. As Jill Scott said, "queens shouldn't swing, if you know what I mean."

"Friends again?" Beverly said as she extended her hand for Carolyn to shake it.

"Not friends. Sisters. Now come here and let me embrace my sister for the first time in a long time."

The two ladies hug, tears flow, and they share a close mouthed kiss on the lips.

"Can I repeat to Spencer what you told me? Regarding pulling him off the undercover assignment?" Carolyn asked as they broke the embrace.

"If you can get him to come down here, he can hear it straight from the horse's mouth."

.......

So I get the call from mom where she tells me that she has "great news" that she can't share over the phone. So I get dressed and head down to the café with baby Tre in tow.

When I arrive at the trendy eatery, I notice that I garner quite a few stares and icy looks. Oh I dunno...it could be because i'm dressed like a gangbanger, black bandana, black dickie trousers, black tee, and black Chuck Taylor's low quarter sneakers.

And carrying a four month old baby no less...

"Uh, hi baby." I said to mom as I gave her a peck on the cheek in front of Beverly Brooks. "Umm, what's going on?" I asked in regards to this very weird pairing.

"First things first dear; what the hell are you wearing?"

"Oh this? This is me getting into my "Shark-dog" persona. I'm on my way to a meet. I was going to call you after Adamos had reached out to me so that I could meet you with Tre. But you called me first."

Mom looked up at the ceiling as if giving thanks. I held my palms up as if to say, "what's going on here"?

"I was telling your moth.. I was telling Carolyn that I'm pulling you out effective immediately." Beverly explained. "We will let the Feds risk their own people."

"Baby isn't that just the best news? Now you can go to the property room like you applied to do." Mom said excitedly.

"What's this about? Why the sudden change of heart?" I asked Beverly suspiciously.

"Baby that's just it, she had a change of heart and she came clean. She told me everything."

"Everything? Did she tell you that she threatened to have our son put into foster care while we rotted away in jail?"

"My love that is water under the bridge."

"Maybe. But it's a moot point anyway. I can't pull out now."

"What?!" Both ladies say in unison.

"Mom we are this close to nailing these people." I said as I put an inch of space between my thumb and pointer finger. "If I walk away now, this entire thing falls apart.

Their phony bills mimic the real thing to the point that I can't even tell the difference. Hell Gene Adamos can't either and he's a professional.

This money will be used to buy large shipments of illegal drugs, guns, corrupt politicians and judges. And these animals can potentially make as much money as they need for any illegal or even legal venture.

And I had a chance to stop them and didn't? Mom, you taught me to finish what I started."

"But baby...think about your son, your baby girl on the way. Think about me and how I feel."

"Mom you are always my first priority. And I'm trying to make our little corner of the world a better place for us to raise our children in."

"Excuse me please." Mom said with her voice breaking as she gathered Tre up and quickly bolted from the café.

I started after her but was stopped by Beverly Brooks.

"You should give her some time. Allow her to process what just happened."

"It never occurred to you to come to me first with this?" I asked Beverly.

"It wasn't like that. I ran into your mother by accident. To be honest I didn't think you'd object to being off the assignment given how you didn't want it in the first place."

"Correction. I didn't want to be coerced or blackmailed into taking it."

"I think they've made Adamos."

"That's impossible."

"But the wiretaps..."

"Detective Brooks these are international players. Do you really think they'd be stupid enough to get caught on a phone tap if they didn't want that to happen?"

"What do you mean?"

"They're fishing. They're raising an alarm about Adamos just to see if you're going to hear them, panic, pull him and shut down the probe.

Tell me, did they say even one thing incriminating?"

"No. Not really."

"I rest my case. I...well well, look at that." I said as I read a text on my phone that was supplied expressly for this assignment. "According to Gene Adamos, it looks like the meet has been canceled."

"Canceled? Why?"

"Some type of scheduling conflict. But the buy is still going down in a few weeks."

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked me.

"I'm going home detective. It appears that I have a fire brewing that I need to quell."

"But why do you think they really canceled the meeting Spencer?"

"In the infamous, yet immortal words of one Lee Harvey Oswald, "you're the policeman Beverly; you work it out."

And with that, Spencer has left the building.

......

I walk in not really knowing what to expect. Growing up, I've of course pissed my mom off a time or two or a hundred and we always got through it and bounced back; but this was different. Today I hurt her; how do you ever come back from that one?

I walk in and she was sitting on the voice in her robe holding Tre'. I felt a bit of a sigh of relief because at least she was smiling. She was smiling at our son, and not me, but smiling nonetheless.

"Mom I..."

"Come sit next to me." She said invitingly.

I join her as she continues to stare at Tre'. He notices me and starts to giggle uncontrollably.

A single tear falls from me eye which doesn't go unnoticed.

"Are you ok baby?" She asked me soothingly as she rubbed my arm.

"Yes...no. I just...never thought I'd have a hand in creating something so beautiful."

"It was more than just your "hand" she said as she reached down and touched my cock through my trousers.

"Oh, you know what I mean." I said to her with a smile.

"I think the same thing every time I take one look at you." She said as she now wiped her own tear away.

"I'm going to let Beverly pull me out mom. It's not worth it, it's not worth seeing you in so much pain."

"I didn't raise you to be a quitter. I want you to see this through until the end. Bring the bad guys to justice, and if they give you any static, bring justice to them."

Damn! Was this really mom talking?

"Ten four."

When you were growing up, I took so much shit for being a black single mother raising a son. Everything from "that boy is going to grow up to be gay" to "he's going to grow into a hoodlum", although you do look the part right now with those gang colors on." She said tongue in cheek.

"You did an amazing job mom. I owe who I am to you."

"When I put you in boxing, I really wanted you to be around positive black male role models."

"I was. Mr. Barnes was like the father I never had."I explained as I referenced my first boxing trainer and owner of the first boxing gym I joined from back when I was in the fourth grade. "In fact, all of the guys in the gym were great.

But given that, why wouldn't you let me play football in the 7th grade?"

"Because you were such a skinny pup. Tall yes, but too light in the ass I thought."

I flashed a wicked smile, "I'll bet you don't say that when I'm in your ass now do you?"

"No. You definitely aren't "light" anymore. Especially not when you're in my ass.

It's funny though, I never envisioned myself with a pretty boy like you."

"Mommm."

"I'm so serious! You are a pretty boy. You look like you could be in the Debarge family."

"The Debarge family? You mean that drugged out R&B singing group? They look like a bunch of zombies."

"No. You should've saw them in the 80s. Very beautiful people."

"If you say so. But wait. You said that I look like my dad, and that would mean that he was a pretty boy. Correct?"

"Which is why I didn't want one. The memory was too painful. Maybe that's why so many of my ex romantic partners were either Caucasian, or very dark skinned men."

"Mom? Can I ask you something?"

"Anything my love. Wait, he's out like a light. Let me go and put Spencer the 3rd to bed."

"You just refuse to call him Tre' don't you?"

"Well, you refuse to call me Carolyn, so I guess we are even." She said in jest.

"Hey! Hey schmucko! Are you really about to ruin such a tender moment by asking THAT question right here right now? Who are you? Geraldo Riviera?" The Silvio Dante voice in my head asked me.

When mom came back out, she had discarded her robe.To my everlasting and lustful delight; Her pregnant nude body was on full display in all of her chocolate glory as she sat back down next to me."

"You know I hate wearing clothes in house when it's just the two of us. Say, how about you get out of this...this "outfit", go take a shower and get like me?"

I'm nothing if not a dutiful son...

A few minutes later and I've rejoined her on the couch. And, per her instructions, I did "get like her" and sat down with no clothes on.

"Now, doesn't that feel more comfortable?" She asked.

"It does indeed."

"So." She said as she fondled my now stiff cock. "What did you want to ask me?"

Don't do it kid.

"Shut up Silvio."

"Excuse me?"

"No. Not you mom. It's this voice and...forget it, you wouldn't understand."

"The voice in my head is Rosie O'Donnell." She admitted. "Now, what's up?"

"Mom? Your new "BFF" Beverly told me something some time back.

She said that you were basically the office pass around girl."

"I see."

"Ok."

"You want to know if it's true or not?"

"Well mom I kind of work there. I don't want guys laughing in my face and pretending to be friendly with me just because they have intimate knowledge of you that I don't have."

"Baby you have been in high school; you know how bored people can spread the biggest rumors and keep up the most mess."