All Comments on 'The Dying Hour'

by Corpse_rider

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is amazing!

32aa32aaover 2 years ago

Absolutely beautiful; but sad. An everlasting and eternal love. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dad. But surprisingly good!! 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful . . .

Corpse_riderCorpse_riderover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the kind comments on this story. Once I had the idea of a story from the perspective of a ghost summoned back every Halloween by his heartbroken fiance to spend one precious hour together, i was going to write it in the tone of a romantic passionate liaison. But then I thought; what if they'd already met six or seven times now and they were more like a bickering married couple than two young lovers? And what if one of them was a bit clumsy? And of course as he died wearing a Halloween costume they'd have to spend valuable minutes getting him cleaned up and out of his costume before they could start getting intimate - so the whole tone on the first half the story becomes comic. The heart of the story is of course about loss and Sarah's inability to come to terms with that loss and move on so admittedly the end is a bit of a downer - but then haven't we all spent time in that dying hour at the end of a relationship?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorpse_rider@Corpse_rider
Latest update: April 2024 My next two artworks have been submitted and should be published sometime this week. Both continue my 'Mouthful of' series with facesitting and watersports being the themes explored. These will be my last April art submissions. Usually when I submit ...