All Comments on 'The Earring'

by prebauchery

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Modern literature.

You have style. This part is a nice setup for either a one chapter end or a long drawn out tale.

Good writing!

Sidney43Sidney43about 6 years ago

Two people living in parallel dimensions that occasionally touch, but there is no reality. He is living a lie and so does she as her occupation requires. The line about a hooker with a heart of gold comes to mind, but her bank account has the gold and her heart has yet to find "the one" and maybe it never will.

You write very well and I am tempted to ask for more of the story, but there is very little left to write and it will not end well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Been there

The writer is good, but I didn't quite understand or like the ending. Escorts can have deep feelings about clients. While putting myself through college, I dated a client who was kind, honorable, and at least 17 years older than I was. At that point I stopped taking money from him, but my feelings were not strong enough for marriage. We parted as good friends, and several years later I married someone else and we were together over 40 years until he passed away. I recently researched the client I never married. He died a few years ago at 92. It made me very sad, but I was glad to learn he had found someone else and eventually married. Perhaps my experience is the reason I do not understand the writer's ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I really love your writing style

I know nothing about writing because its so hard to put tour thoughts into words but I have been reading fiction since middle school and I say I love your writing style. Keep it up

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous